Bedran Batkitar

What about DRAIMS

Bedran Batkitar

Airbus has recently received certification for a new digital audio cockpit system, “Digital Radio and Audio Integrating Management System” (DRAIMS) for the A320 Family – which replaces the current analogue audio systems. DRAIMS, which features new Audio Management systems and new Control Panels with a large modern digital display, multifunction keys and a numeric keypad, handles all cockpit communication tasks. During a flight, the system facilitates clearer communication between pilots, cabin crew and the ground to ensure safety of flight, answer to air traffic control, or prepare for ground operations. Benefits of DRAIMS include 30% weight saving – compared with the previous analogue architecture. Furthermore, installation lead-time is now reduced due to the much simplified wiring between the cockpit and the avionics bay. It is also more robust, offers advanced back-up capability and improves A/C dispatch capability. Currently being evaluated in-service, DRAIMS will be installed as standard from mid-2021 for the A320 Family. Certification for the A330 Family is planned for around the end of 2020, and subsequently for the A350 XWB. @airbusCockpit-Digital-Audio-interface.jpg?hei=

Do FSLABS plans to implement DRAIMS in the future ?

John Barnes
42 minutes ago, Bedran Batkitar said:

Airbus has recently received certification

Says it all. We are busy implementing what is available. This is recent so no plans have been discussed as of yet.

Bedran Batkitar

I see thx :)

Koen Meier

I wonder if it will be retrofitted.

Antti Salo

This is something that I believe would be of great benefit to online fliers (who don’t happen to have a hardware RMP or fly shared cockpit, i.e. most of us). It’s quite a distraction tuning a frequency with the rotary knobs and particularly annoying in critical phases.

Be it widespread in real life or not, if this became available as an option, let’s say for the not-yet-announced NEO, I would be glad to pay for it. Same goes for OANS for the same reason.

Oh, and the A350 has the same panel, so you could use that for yours when it releases in 2024. :P