Greg Goodavish

[Resolved] GSX from FSDT and FS LABS airbus

Greg Goodavish

I use GSX with my FS Labs A320.  I know they are integrated somehow.  However, when I put my passenger load and cargo loads in the MCDU, and then use GSX to board the plane with cargo and passengers, when it is done, all of my entries for those loads that I put in the MCDU are zeroed out.  Is that normal?  Is GSX supposed to put its own numbers in there, or work off what I put in there?  And if so, why is it zeroing out everything?

Norman Blackburn

Hi Greg,

Can you detail how and where you are loading these numbers?  

Are you doing this in payload, boarding, somewhere else?

ZFW is being placed where and when?

How are you starting the boarding process?

Is this at every stand? Bus and bridges?

Marc Ehnle

I found this too whenever I use the boarding time option. Sometimes it loads, sometimes not but when it does it gets zeroed and I receive a final loadsheet with the empty weight on it. I then have to put in the previously transmitted ZFW into the Options/payload page. 

I don‘t care much about bridges or stairs, the doors are open everything else is not pilot duty. 

I find the whole „GSX/ATSU“ process hard to understand, what is needed for what to happen etc. Sometimes my chocks are removed in the end, sometimes I have to remove them myself. Refueling always works, boarding sometimes. Sometimes I automatically get a pushback tug, sometimes I have to call it.

Greg Goodavish

I am entering passengers and cargo load in the MCDU, under the Payload page.  Then I open the doors of the aircraft, and have the SODE jetways attach.  Then I ask GSX to start boarding.  The cargo loaders pull up to the aircraft and start loading on the bags.  I can also hear the passengers getting on board.  When GSX says that boarding is complete, I recheck my Payload page in the MCDU, and everything is zero again.  I then have to put all the numbers again.

Marc Ehnle
55 minutes ago, Greg Goodavish said:

I am entering passengers and cargo load in the MCDU, under the Payload page.  Then I open the doors of the aircraft, and have the SODE jetways attach.  Then I ask GSX to start boarding.  The cargo loaders pull up to the aircraft and start loading on the bags.  I can also hear the passengers getting on board.  When GSX says that boarding is complete, I recheck my Payload page in the MCDU, and everything is zero again.  I then have to put all the numbers again.

So you don't use the boarding option FSL put into ATSU?

Norman Blackburn

When you enter them as payload they are boarded.

You then ask GSX to board.  It sees there are already people on board so zeros things.  You dont have any pax in ATSU so it has nobody to board.  

• Like 1

Marc Ehnle
1 minute ago, Norman Blackburn said:

When you enter them as payload they are boarded.

You then ask GSX to board.  It sees there are already people on board so zeros things.  You dont have any pax in ATSU so it has nobody to board.  

SO GSX reads the amount of passengers from the right side of the ATSU boarding page and puts them into the airplane?

Norman Blackburn

If you are using the ATSU then that is my understanding, yes.

Marc Ehnle
1 minute ago, Norman Blackburn said:

If you are using the ATSU then that is my understanding, yes.

but that would mean you HAVE TO use ATSU if you want to use any GSX visuals or you'll and up with an empty airplane.

Greg Goodavish

OK, I figured it out on the AOC menu.  Very cool!