Jump to content
Camille MOUCHEL

Vatsim controllers want more CPDLC pilot use :P

Recommended Posts

Camille MOUCHEL

Hi,

I only fly in Germany and Austria mainly because of the great coverage of PDC and more specifically the CPDLC. The enroute controllers really appreciate when pilot use the CPDLC, however it seems that very few actually use them. That's why really hope that the cpdlc will become available in the A319/A320 (hate to have to take the A321 even for 40min flight because the CPDLC is not available on the A320/319...) before the sharklet DLC will come out, been already 6 month that the CPDLC is available on the A321 but we have no update info regarding getting this on the A320/319.

Anyway, here is a proof :

image.thumb.png.401bb640efff8fd7aca55988e91ab9c6.png

 

you can see more CPDLC action here:

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier

It will come before the sharklets just read the news update a second time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Peter Lund

I have pretty much only flown the A321 since the release with few exemptions primary because of CPDLC.

Shortly after the release I found there was alot more controllers using CPDLC and then it declined. I have had a few flights recently where the controller had CPDLC and the latest was today with Langen.

If the controller supports it, I´m using it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Patrick Hildebrand

Yes I will also use CDPLC more often with the A320

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Andrew Wilson

I’d imagine it’ll pick up quite a bit once we push out the 19/20 updates with CPDLC.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Alex Maidment

Please be soon andrew

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Paul Stassen
On 5/7/2020 at 10:36 PM, Andrew Wilson said:

I’d imagine it’ll pick up quite a bit once we push out the 19/20 updates with CPDLC.

Yes probably Andrew! Then half of the short-haul fleet in Europe will become the FSL CPDLC-equipped Airbus 319/230/321. It is the future! Also irl! 

Share this post


Link to post
Camille MOUCHEL
1 hour ago, Peter Lund said:

I have pretty much only flown the A321 since the release with few exemptions primary because of CPDLC.

Shortly after the release I found there was alot more controllers using CPDLC and then it declined. I have had a few flights recently where the controller had CPDLC and the latest was today with Langen.

If the controller supports it, I´m using it.

Yeah Austria have 100% PDC for their main airport and 100% CPDLC coverage on the whole country (LOVV/LOVU)

Germany comes second with almost all their main airport with PDC and same thing with the enroute centers, you will have EDGP/EDGE ( lagen radar)

 

Danemark has also 100 % CPDLC coverage ( EKDK), Norway aswell (ENOR), then a bit in the UK, Italy (LIRR)

Share this post


Link to post
Camille MOUCHEL
17 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

I’d imagine it’ll pick up quite a bit once we push out the 19/20 updates with CPDLC.

I hope so, it will also depend on each centers aswell if they are willing to add CPDLC coverage for the FIR

 

Any ETA on that update ? I think FSLABS said that they know there is a bug with the PDC where the ATC won't get the confirmation by the pilot and that it will be fixed with the 0.500 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Camille MOUCHEL
2 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

It will come before the sharklets just read the news update a second time.

The problem is that I never know where to find the news thread on this forum..:(

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier

Austria was one of the first adopters and I believe also helped with testing. Topsky which is the software used by some vacc is really hard to set it up.

Just now, Camille MOUCHEL said:

The problem is that I never know where to find the news thread on this forum..:(

The announcement section is a good place to follow. It gets pinned 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Andrew Wilson
8 hours ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

I think FSLABS said that they know there is a bug with the PDC where the ATC won't get the confirmation by the pilot and that it will be fixed with the 0.500 ?

Yes - that has been fixed for inclusion in the next update.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Timm Rehberg
8 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

 in the next update.

... :wub:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Eric Fisher

Hoppie network required for this right? Not a fan of that network so if so, gimme my clearance on voice.

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Eric Fisher said:

Hoppie network required for this right? Not a fan of that network so if so, gimme my clearance on voice.

Yes cpdlc and pdc require hoppie. You dont need to use it. There are still plenty off people on voice. I personally think that during events it comes in really useful.

Edited by Koen Meier

Share this post


Link to post
Eric Fisher
Just now, Koen Meier said:

Yes cpdlc and pdc require hoppie.

Thanks. I don't think this will really take hold until Hoppie can be sunsetted via native support say in vPilot or something similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
Just now, Eric Fisher said:

Thanks. I don't think this will really take hold until Hoppie can be sunsetted via native support say in vPilot or something similar.

Vatsim supports it.

Share this post


Link to post
Eric Fisher
1 hour ago, Koen Meier said:

Vatsim supports it.

I'm aware. I'm talking about the pilot clients used on Vatsim, vPilot and swift natively supporting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier

If you want it integrated then you probably will need to wait maybe a similar wait to AFV with how long it took to get that ready. There are perks of having vatsim native but then you loose probably the things hoppie also brings in like landing data, acars stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Markus Burkhard

I see there's lots of enthusiasm here for CPDLC, and we are of course proud of how we have integrated it into our aircraft. 

I just want to clear something up, in case it creates false ideas about the system; Just because an FIR has 100% CPDLC coverage in reality, doesn't mean that all of a sudden all ATCOs stop using VHF. There are still plenty of good reasons why ATC would use voice, depending on the sector or the task at hand. In some scenarios voice is still the faster way to control multiple aircraft at the same time, in other scenarios it is simply desired for situational awareness of those aircraft listing on the frequency, and sometimes ATCOs simply use what they like best. All this means that it will be quite some time before VHF frequencies go silent, even in ACC sectors.

So if you want to keep things realistic, don't stop using voice entirely, even if you get the update for the 320/319 for CPDLC. Just saying ^_^

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Kirk Christie
On 5/9/2020 at 3:48 AM, Eric Fisher said:

Thanks. I don't think this will really take hold until Hoppie can be sunsetted via native support say in vPilot or something similar.

Why is the need to have Hoppies ACARS and CPDLC in vPilot? 

Why do you need an aircraft based system in a bit of software that connects you to the network?

Share this post


Link to post
Camille MOUCHEL
On 5/9/2020 at 2:44 AM, Markus Burkhard said:

I see there's lots of enthusiasm here for CPDLC, and we are of course proud of how we have integrated it into our aircraft. 

I just want to clear something up, in case it creates false ideas about the system; Just because an FIR has 100% CPDLC coverage in reality, doesn't mean that all of a sudden all ATCOs stop using VHF. There are still plenty of good reasons why ATC would use voice, depending on the sector or the task at hand. In some scenarios voice is still the faster way to control multiple aircraft at the same time, in other scenarios it is simply desired for situational awareness of those aircraft listing on the frequency, and sometimes ATCOs simply use what they like best. All this means that it will be quite some time before VHF frequencies go silent, even in ACC sectors.

So if you want to keep things realistic, don't stop using voice entirely, even if you get the update for the 320/319 for CPDLC. Just saying ^_^

yeah I know, when I use CPDLC, I always tune in the frequency to monitor :)

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...