A330

Roar Kverneng

David Norfolk
57 minutes ago, Roar Kverneng said:

I wish you could release the A330!

They're not making one 

Ray Proudfoot
2 hours ago, Bob Zolto said:

Updates before any new aircraft, please.

Bug fixes but update after update means those of us who have been waiting 2.5 years for Concorde will continue to wait whilst the Airbus customers apparently get everything they wish for. Some consideration would be appreciated.

• Haha 1
R3N3 SCH1SCHKA

Dear Mr. Ray Proudfood,

I am sure that every user of this forum already knows that YOU want the Concord back, because the only thing that comes up again and again in connection with your name is "Concord".

Of course it is your right, but it is striking and forgive me the expression, very annoying.

There were also several comments on the Concord issue from developers side, and I don't like the fact that you describe Airbus customers as preferred. I find this choice of words very inappropriate, a developer can't take care of everything at the same time. It should be clear that the Airbus attracts a larger number of customers.

The Concorde will not come back faster, even if you write Concorde 1000 times.

It sounds worse than it is meant to be, but it is annoying to read the same topic over and over again from the same person.

To be clear once again, this is not to be a personal attack. But a few words have to be said when arguing against "Airbus customers".

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
Nuno M Pinto
On 5/4/2020 at 7:48 PM, Roar Kverneng said:

I wish you could release the A330!

I wish they would release already released aircraft, dreaming of an A330 is...well, ridiculous?

We all wish something :P

Ray Proudfoot
15 minutes ago, Rene Schlischka said:

Dear Mr. Ray Proudfood,

I am sure that every user of this forum already knows that YOU want the Concord back, because the only thing that comes up again and again in connection with your name is "Concord".

Of course it is your right, but it is striking and forgive me the expression, very annoying.

There were also several comments on the Concord issue from developers side, and I don't like the fact that you describe Airbus customers as preferred. I find this choice of words very inappropriate, a developer can't take care of everything at the same time. It should be clear that the Airbus attracts a larger number of customers.

The Concord will not come back faster, even if you write Concord 1000 times.

It sounds worse than it is meant to be, but it is annoying to read the same topic over and over again from the same person.

To be clear once again, this is not to be a personal attack. But a few words have to be said when arguing against "Airbus customers".

Firstly, this is the General forum so discussion of all FSL aircraft is permitted.

It isn’t just me, lots of us want a 64-bit Concorde.

I never described Airbus customers as “preferred”.

If my posts annoy you then ignore them.

And it’s Concorde, not Concord.

If the 32-bit version of Concorde had not sold in such great numbers FSL would not have had the finances to create 3 Airbuses. Just think about that. Not one Airbus, three!

• Thanks 1
R3N3 SCH1SCHKA

5 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

And it’s Concorde, not Concord.

I would have said...      But I'll let it go, that shows me where this discussion would end.   A spelling mistake, oh yes ............. 

2 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If my posts annoy you then ignore them.

*done*

Your wish is now granted. 

Ali Hoteit

The A330 would be great to be honest. The flight sim community and myself have been waiting for good Airbuses for years. FSLabs delivered for the A320 Family! Hopefully they will do the same for the remaining Airbuses!

I don't believe it's a Concorde, otherwise they would have stated that they are updating it, and it wouldn't be left as a surprise!

• Like 1
David Porrett
1 hour ago, Rene Schlischka said:

To be clear once again, this is not to be a personal attack.

Sounds like one to me, only put more politely.

• Like 5
David Porrett
4 hours ago, Bob Zolto said:

Updates before any new aircraft, please.

That could mean no new aircraft - a sim aircraft is never complete or perfect, so where do you draw the line? As well, they would make little revenue from updates, so to keep that stream going they at some point need to produce new aircraft.

I would draw the line on updates on the ones being worked on now as outlined the roadmap from April 16 that would get existing products into the latest P3sd version.  After that, Concorde, A330, A350, whatever.

• Like 2
Marc Fuolega

I’m pretty much okay with the existing A330 by the competition. 

What I’d really love is an A340 or A350, but I realize the first wouldn’t sell and the second is too new. 

So in essence: Where’s my MD11? ;)

(And yes, I’m aware that somebody is making one but I’m not a huge fan of their existing product)

Joshua Williams
6 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If the 32-bit version of Concorde had not sold in such great numbers FSL would not have had the finances to create 3 Airbuses. Just think about that. Not one Airbus, three!

They made the money for one Airbus from Concorde. The A320 paved the way for the 319 and 321.

Outside of that I too would love a Concorde with depth in the 64 bit enviornment and an A350

• Like 1
Sammy Holmes Jr

I think a A350 would be nice in my opinion.  While there are several A3XX aircraft already on the market, some new, some old, some need updates, some have had several updates and as one mentioned "they will never be perfect so where do we draw the line"?  We already know of an A330 that was recently released, why not do an A350.......no one has done one yet and I think it would truly be a great hit to match the QW787.  To have the range and versatility of the A350-941 or the range and or capacity of the A350-1000.  There are plenty of airlines that use the A350 and there are plenty of liveries to go around to keep the painters busy.  I myself believe it's an ideal choice vice some of the above mentioned and not because I want one but I truly believe the community needs an A350 to make it complete.

David Porrett
41 minutes ago, Sammy Holmes Jr said:

I think a A350 would be nice in my opinion

I agree but one has to wonder even if it was possible in relation to data needed to make it, how long would it take? Many years I would suggest.

Sammy Holmes Jr
1 hour ago, David Porrett said:

I agree but one has to wonder even if it was possible in relation to data needed to make it, how long would it take? Many years I would suggest.

Well, if Flight Factor was able to get the data and create it for XP than I am sure a concentrated effort from a team like FSLabs would not be that difficult to produce.  Surely around the same amount of time to make any of the other aircraft being mentioned.

David Porrett
32 minutes ago, Sammy Holmes Jr said:

Well, if Flight Factor was able to get the data and create it for XP than I am sure a concentrated effort from a team like FSLabs would not be that difficult to produce.  Surely around the same amount of time to make any of the other aircraft being mentioned.

The 320 was in development for 6 years.

Andrew Wilson
4 minutes ago, David Porrett said:

The 320 was in development for 6 years.

The FSL Concorde was essentially in development for 15 :) 

Concorde-X was the third iteration, following the Altitude Concorde and then Concorde SSTSIM. 

• Like 3
Ray Proudfoot
7 hours ago, Joshua Williams said:

They made the money for one Airbus from Concorde. The A320 paved the way for the 319 and 321.

Outside of that I too would love a Concorde with depth in the 64 bit enviornment and an A350

A lot of the code for the 320 would have been used in the 319 and 321 which has been reflected in the different prices. I have no problem with people wanting different Airbuses. Just form an orderly queue behind Concorde. ;)

1 hour ago, Andrew Wilson said:

The FSL Concorde was essentially in development for 15 :) 

Concorde-X was the third iteration, following the Altitude Concorde and then Concorde SSTSIM. 

A proven success! Given FSL has the monopoly on a reference level Concorde I see no reason why the fourth iteration won’t be just as successful. ;)

• Like 1
Robert Stephan

Maybe this might help a bit: REMOVED - NB

Robert Sutherland

I'd love to see the Concorde return in either P3D or MSFS. It's an absolute classic and the only supersonic passenger plane (currently) to have flown. 

I'd arguably prefer it over the A330 or any of the more modern iterations. 

• Like 1
Heinz Zimmerbauer

I would definitely buy a FSLABS Concorde for PREPAR3D V5 :)

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot
25 minutes ago, Robert Stephan said:

Maybe this might help a bit: REMOVED - NB

They’ve already stated it will have limited functionality and certainly won’t be reference level unlike the FSL version.

Some will be drawn to it but not anyone serious I think.

Hugh Morten

Ray, I think you are going to have to give up on this for your own sanity. 

Unless you found Proudfoot Labs Ltd and fund programming of your own Concorde, I suspect this is a project that will remain in the hanger.

Ray Proudfoot

@Hugh Morten, never say never Hugh until there is a definitive statement from FSL. Until then their last statement is still valid. A 64-bit version will be developed for either P3D or MFS but not both. A decision on which will be made at the appropriate time.

I just posted in here so they know I’m still alive. ;)

Peter Zaehringer

Oh man Ray, I want an A350 first, then the Concorde ;-) Back when the Concorde first came out I was honestly intimidated to fly it without a full crew, don't know why, I fly all other complex add-ons by myself, but for some reason I was too scared to buy it and I'm regretting it now.

Whatever they'll do next I have a feeling we'll all like it :-)

Cheers,

Pete 

Marc Ehnle
7 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

either P3D or MFS but not both.

TBH this already shows me that they aren't overly eager to do Concorde again. My personal guess is that you might get a compatibility update. I remember that FSL have asked the community about how many would purchase a new Concorde and I know that I said I would. This was what.. 3 years ago? If they had been in the works then and released it more or less shortly after as a compatibility or so I would certainly have got it. But as of totay I'm absolutely not interested anymore. And I wonder how many people would actually get it. Concorde was a fascinating aircraft but there are other fascinating aircraft too. FSL have made their A320 series one of the absolutely best addons available and I have a feeling they wouldn't be able to do that with Concorde. The systems might be no problem, I guess there is more than enough documentation avaiable, I can imagine British Airways or AirFrance could share technical documents for the sake of an FSL quality addon. But the lack of actual pilots (they have become really old) will not guarantee any real flight dynamics. 

So my personal expectation is that either there will be a compatibility update once for a sim that won't change anymore for the sake of good or it will be pronounced dead. I don't expect a new addon though.

Andrew Wilson

If we wanted to do a simple ‘compatibility’ update, it would have happened by now.

We are quite aware of the demand for a new Concorde title. One that meets the expectations of FSL customers.

• Like 7
Ray Proudfoot
7 hours ago, Peter Zaehringer said:

Oh man Ray, I want an A350 first, then the Concorde ;-) Back when the Concorde first came out I was honestly intimidated to fly it without a full crew, don't know why, I fly all other complex add-ons by myself, but for some reason I was too scared to buy it and I'm regretting it now.

Whatever they'll do next I have a feeling we'll all like it :-)

Cheers,

Pete 

Pete, you got the order wrong. :D Why feel intimidated by an aircraft? It's not that complicated to fly. It has adifferent autopilot and navigation system but the INS is much much simpler than any CDU. Just waypoints. That's it. The alignment can be simplified too.

There is a Virtual Flight Engineer that handles many aspects including fuel management. I had that enabled for the first two years but then I wanted to learn how to move fuel and after a while I got used to it. I just leave the VFE to handle a few switches and reheats off.

I hope you get a chance to fly her in either of the sims. There's plenty of expertise to assist new pilots.

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot
3 hours ago, Marc Ehnle said:

TBH this already shows me that they aren't overly eager to do Concorde again.

Did you miss Andrew's post further up where he said Concorde had been in development for 15 years and has gone through three iterations. The reason for the delay in producing a fourth is because Microsoft threw a spanner into the works last June with the announcement of a new flight sim. Otherwise I'm certain the version for P3D would be out by now.

Andrew has spent 15+ years of his relatively short life refining this aircraft for the flight sim community. Sales have obviously brought profits otherwise he wouldn't have continued. There are no other realistic rivals. FS Labs have the market to themselves for the serious Concorde pilot. What possible reason could they have for not producing a 64-bit version?

Michele Benedetti
3 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

If we wanted to do a simple ‘compatibility’ update, it would have happened by now.

We are quite aware of the demand for a new Concorde title. One that meets the expectations of FSL customers.

Ooooo that's quite a statement....hopefully a totally new Concorde-X for p3d v5 and MSFS coming? Hope never dies

Marc Ehnle
7 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

I'm definitely happy to hear that, Andrew. I'm just aware that business plans may change over time and I wouldn't have been surprised if FSL had changed plans or priorities. And if there are reliable sources I'm happy for everyone who wants to have a new Concorde. I don't count on it 100%, but that's just me. I'm sure that IF FSL are doing it from scratch then you will do it as good as possible!

David Norfolk
On 5/13/2020 at 7:37 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Bug fixes but update after update means those of us who have been waiting 2.5 years for Concorde will continue to wait whilst the Airbus customers apparently get everything they wish for. Some consideration would be appreciated.

I have to disagree.. Us, the airbus customers dont always get what we wish for...You need to realise that the airbus in the real world & virtual world of flight sim is very very popular. The airbus sells well. This is most likely why it's their priority. Its business, if something sells well you're gonna put more & more effort into it. Now I'm not saying that the Concorde isn't in demand, trust me I'm with you when I say I'd love to see her again. But what if they can't get access to her anymore? Maybe the demands to see her in P4D/P5D wasn't as high as FSL thought or wanted?. I think the digs at airbus is just abit dumb & not really seeing the bigger picture. 

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot

@David Norfolk, difference of opinion is fine. I know the Airbus sells well. But then again, so did Concorde-X.

I don't understand your comment.."But what if they can't get access to her anymore?". Please clarify. If you mean access to the aircraft for high res photos of the cockpit that shouldn't be a problem as there are several Concordes open to the public in the UK including here at Manchester.

If you mean the info in order to get an accurate flight model Andrew has already created a P3D model so one for v5 is certainly possible. Can't comment on MFS yet but I doubt that would prove a huge hurdle given Andrew has already produced three iterations for various platforms.

Maybe the demand would be higher than you suggest. Name me one reference-level aircraft that hasn't sold well? PMDG (all models), FSL Airbus, FSL Concorde-X are all reference-level and have been very popular. The only things holding back Concorde in P3D v3 was the 4Gb VAS limit. That prevented high resolutions being used and severely compromised the graphics of the VC. With no VAS limits in P3Dv5 or MFS the new Concorde could be the best version ever produced. And most importantly of all, it would have no serious rivals. The XP and planned AH versions are either still not finished or a simplified version is planned.

The Concorde topic over at AvSim has now attracted nearly 5,000 views in under 2 weeks. Hardly the response I would expect for an aircraft no longer in demand.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Removal of incorrect info.