Stu Antonio

[Updated 08MAY20] SIMPAX 4.3

Stu Antonio

Hi guys,

just a little heads up to whom it may concern, I updated my "Random Payload Generator" from a quirky Excel based system to an actual website.

I was always unhappy with the Excel version of my little tool, so I used the current lockdown to actually learn some HTML, CSS and JavaScript, which I didn't have any experience in before. But it's aparently working and I am constantly learning, so lend me some rope if you see something stupid I did... ;)

Here's the changelog for v3.0:

- Transition from Excel to web based version
- Added A321
- More/Individual seat configs (max seats) selectable
- Added flight types "Charter" and "Mixed". Renamed "Leisure" to "Holiday"
- Added optional Mail cargo
- Optimizations of some calculation logics
- Minor changes to layout and stucture
- Added some explainations ("About")

- Temporarily removed passenger manifest (WiP)
- Temporarily removed PDF function (WiP)

Please remember this is just a little free fun project and in active development. If you find any bugs, stupid result etc, just send me a message.

Please visit the new Payload Generator here:
www.simpax.eu

(Note: Not optimized for mobile devices yet)

All the best and stay healthy everyone,

Stu

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

Harry Westbury

Really good work Stu, well done! :)

• Thanks 1

Christian Tengroth

Nice. Thank you Stu.

• Thanks 1

Jose Luis

Nice tool! Thanks

• Thanks 1

Alexander Luzajic
On 4/26/2020 at 6:43 PM, Stu Antonio said:

Hi guys,

just a little heads up to whom it may concern, I updated my "Random Payload Generator" from a quirky Excel based system to an actual website.

I was always unhappy with the Excel version of my little tool, so I used the current lockdown to actually learn some HTML, CSS and JavaScript, which I didn't have any experience in before. But it's aparently working and I am constantly learning, so lend me some rope if you see something stupid I did... ;)

Here's the changelog for v3.0:

- Transition from Excel to web based version
- Added A321
- More/Individual seat configs (max seats) selectable
- Added flight types "Charter" and "Mixed". Renamed "Leisure" to "Holiday"
- Added optional Mail cargo
- Optimizations of some calculation logics
- Minor changes to layout and stucture
- Added some explainations ("About")

- Temporarily removed passenger manifest (WiP)
- Temporarily removed PDF function (WiP)

Please remember this is just a little free fun project and in active development. If you find any bugs, stupid result etc, just send me a message.

Please visit the new Payload Generator here:
www.simpax.eu

(Note: Not optimized for mobile devices yet)

All the best and stay healthy everyone,

Stu

Like it...but make somewhere conversion to Lb for us used to Lb.....

On 4/26/2020 at 6:43 PM, Stu Antonio said:

Tõnis Aal

@Stu Antonio
Great work on the payload generator! One thing tho. Zulu time does not use AM and PM.
Zulu Time counts hours and minutes FROM midnight (0 hours 0 minutes to 23 hours 59 minutes). :)

Stu Antonio
7 minutes ago, Tõnis Aal said:

@Stu Antonio
Great work on the payload generator! One thing tho. Zulu time does not use AM and PM.
Zulu Time counts hours and minutes FROM midnight (0 hours 0 minutes to 23 hours 59 minutes). :)

You are correct of course. Thanks for the hint, because it seems to be depending on where you are. I defined the input as "time" field, which apparently uses the format that's suitable for your location(didn't know that), so it doesn't show the am/pm logic on my (mid-eu)machine. 

It's going on the list among a lot of other ideas I have :)

• Thanks 1

Stu Antonio
6 hours ago, Alexander Luzajic said:

Like it...but make somewhere conversion to Lb for us used to Lb.....

Will add that to the list for you imperial guys :)

• Like 1

Stu Antonio

Hi guys,

I have updated simpax to v.4.3. You will find a completely new system, new features and a new look and feel that is way more "airliny" and slowly becoming what I've always wanted to archive with this project.

After entering the flight data you will receive a manifest in simple "OFP-look" that contains way more information than before and even automatically puts a company logo on the sheet (the logos have a rugged "bad-photocopy" look on purpose so don't worry :) ). Please remember, 2 months ago I had no knowledge of html/javascript and while I'm taking online courses I'm slowly getting the grips of it. I will keep improving the code and functions etc. as I progress further down this (for me) new road while I'm really having a lot of fun doing it and creating something for the community (that is of some use for some guys I hope). And I'm also a tiny bit proud that I really came this far.... :)

This tool is currently FSLabs based only, but we'll see where this will go, I have a lot of ideas for the future...

So head over to simpax.eu and check out the new system. Feel free to contact me if you find any bugs or if you have questions or suggestions and tell me what you think. Feedback is always appreciated. 

Cheers,
Stu

simpax-screenshot1.thumb.JPG.206477d96deaf7574820759d3dc4c52b.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Lukas Leccese

Brilliant job, Stu! Works and looks great, thank you very much. 

• Thanks 1

Raymond DESACHY

+1

Théo ALDEGUER

Very Nice work, Thank you !

what standard weight did you use fore male/female/Child/inf. ? Do you expect to let the user be able to customize those weights ?

My suggestions if I may, would be to remove the ***for sim. only*** from its current position and put it at the very end of the report (as you repeat it lower). It breaks a little bit the authenticity of the paper and so immersion. In the same spirit I would suggest a more discrete Simpax logo in the report.

Last, noshows are a bit over estimated. Tried to generate severals random figures always have around 4 to 6. Nevers 0.

All feedback given here are details, your project is excellent. Keep going this way and with some further integration with simbrief for exemple it could become a very wildly used tool.

Théo

Stu Antonio
52 minutes ago, Théo ALDEGUER said:

Very Nice work, Thank you !

what standard weight did you use fore male/female/Child/inf. ? Do you expect to let the user be able to customize those weights ?

My suggestions if I may, would be to remove the ***for sim. only*** from its current position and put it at the very end of the report (as you repeat it lower). It breaks a little bit the authenticity of the paper and so immersion. In the same spirit I would suggest a more discrete Simpax logo in the report.

Last, noshows are a bit over estimated. Tried to generate severals random figures always have around 4 to 6. Nevers 0.

All feedback given here are details, your project is excellent. Keep going this way and with some further integration with simbrief for exemple it could become a very wildly used tool.

Théo

Thanks for your feedback Théo, thats very appreciated. I will of course consider all of your suggestion. As I said above, I plan to constantly work on those calculations and layouts, taking into account what the people think and experience. Some of the calculations are based on pure assumptions, as I don‘t work in the airline industry. No shows, over all passengers, but also weight and types of flight will improve and expand over time.... at least that‘s what I hope. 
Cheers, Stu

PS: Regarding the weights: I used 84kg standard FSL per Pax, no difference between M F and C, as simbreif and FSL also don‘t do that (yet). I probably should explain that a little bit better on the site.... I will consider giving the users the option to change the passenger weights. 

Klaus Schmitzer

What an awesome tool! Thank you!

Stu Antonio

Thanks guys for all the nice comments, feedback and likes. 

I again made some tiny updates to the site, but I slowly get the feeling that it's not appropriate anymore to further post infos about it here ( I don't want to abuse the FSLabs forum/thread for this :), since it's not strictly FSL related) so please from now on check the Simpax website for news and changelogs regarding my tool. I will keep improve and expand the site and depending on the demand will maybe even create a facebook or discord channel in the future. But one step at a time,  until then feel free to pm or email me for any questions or comments. :).

Thanks again,
Stu

• Thanks 2