Spotlights Manager x 64. Flight Simulator Disconnected.

Eric-Jones

Good evening, 

I am running P3D 4.5 HF3, with Active Sky  and Navigraph Charts, I have various other add ons, but only these two communicate on the web.  

I am running the latest version of Spotlights.

When I try to run the manager a dialogue box comes up and days, “please start your simulator”, and message is displayed in the lower left, Flight Simulator Disconnected, this message appears when P3D is running and the module is visible in the “add on”  in the menu bar.

i have disabled Active Sky and Navigraph Charts in order to isolate narrow the issue,, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spotlights - no affect 

Please can I ask are there any other options available to me.

Thanks 

Eric 

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hi Eric-

do me a favor first of all and change your username to your full first and last name, as per the forum rules- I appreciate it!

Now - have you changed your simconnect.cfg files to communicate over the network somehow with a module on a different networked computer or tablet?

Hi Lefteris, Thanks for getting back so quickly,  name changed as per rules.

I am going to disable simconnect and sim-link,  P3D does communicate over the net for Navigraph Moving Map,  I also use a remote FMC display to my IPad,  In addition I will disable  all add ons and report back.

Rgds

Eric.  

Hi Lefteris,  Still no joy.

Operating Systems - Win10 Pro  64

Flight Simulators

FSX

P3D 4.5 HF3, P3Dv5

I have 2 identical simconnect.cfg files associated with HiFi ASN (FSX) and Active Sky (P3D).  The files are installed by default and have not been amended by myself.  These are the steps taken thus far:

-        The 2 simconnect.cfg were deleted, on running both of the HiFi weather engines the cfg files were rewritten.  These files have been on my systems for some time, over a year.

-         All addons disabled

-         FSL SpotLights uninstalled and all entries relating to FSL SpotLights in the registry removed.

-         FSL SpotLights installed

-         P3Dv4.5 HF3 run, FSL SpotLights present in the simulator.   Working fine

-         Run FSL SpotLights - Failed, message, Please start Flight Simulator    -    Status = Simulator Disconnected

Simconnect.cfg text for info

[SimConnect]
Protocol=IPv4
Address=myserveraddress
Port=500
MaxReceiveSize=4096
DisableNagle=0

Rgds

Eric

Lefteris Kalamaras

Dear Eric-

temporarily rename ALL simconnect.cfg files to something else, do NOT start Active Sky (so they're not overwritten) and run the Spotlights Manager to see if that works. If it does, we'll see where we are getting trampled after that.

Hi Lefteris

I renamed the simconnect.cfg files and also disconnected the drive where FSX is resident.

Unfortunately the issue remains, please may I ask if there is a debug routine we could run.

Rgds

Eric

Lefteris Kalamaras

The only time we've seen connection issues with Spotlights Manager and SimConnect is when there's some simconnect.cfg somewhere forgotten activating this problem.

Please ensure it's nowhere to be found again.