Virtual copilot addon

Peter Pukhnoy

Peter Pukhnoy
4 minutes ago, Fabian Schankin said:

It is...

Are you loading another aircraft before FSLabs?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Peter Pukhnoy

• Igor Petrov

• John Rooum

• Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for letting me know, I'll upload an update later today or tomorrow.

The trigger for the copilot to start waiting for your FMGC setup is the chocks being set. Judging by the log, the chocks are off in the 'on APU' state. Yes - even if you start with the chocks s

Posted Images

Fabian Schankin

Yes, as stated by FSL from the very beginning I load the default scenario and then load the FSL Bus

Peter Pukhnoy
Just now, Fabian Schankin said:

Yes, as stated by FSL from the very beginning I load the default scenario and then load the FSL Bus

I see, the logic only checks whether you've loaded an FSLabs aircraft upon loading the first aircraft. Loading a default aircraft before FSLabs hasn't been necessary for a very long time.

Fabian Schankin
2 minutes ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

Loading a default aircraft before FSLabs hasn't been necessary for a very long time.

I´ve missed that!

3 minutes ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

I see, the logic only checks whether you've loaded an FSLabs aircraft upon loading the first aircraft

I´ve tried it again and started the flight directly with the Bus but still no success

Peter Pukhnoy
3 minutes ago, Fabian Schankin said:

I´ve tried it again and started the flight directly with the Bus but still no success

Does the title of the livery contain "FSLabs"?

Fabian Schankin
1 minute ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

Does the title of the livery contain "FSLabs"?

Yes, it is their home livery 320 IAE which is "FSLabs A320X IAE - FSLabs"

Peter Pukhnoy
25 minutes ago, Fabian Schankin said:

Yes, it is their home livery 320 IAE which is "FSLabs A320X IAE - FSLabs"

I've sent you a PM.

Peter Pukhnoy
On 4/22/2021 at 10:56 AM, Igor Petrov said:

But I think there's also another problem here: to some reason Win10's speech recognition turns my microphone's sensitivity one notch down occasionally and that's where it fails to recognize.

Now, I've experienced this too. It seems that this behavior is the result of this dialog:

Capture.PNG.db47b3c2a1331fcdbe0f723c18256034.PNG

Whenever an application instantiates a SAPI recognizer, the micorophone level will be turned down if the volume went into the red band when you were reading the phrase.

• Like 1
John Rooum

Peter

On 4/25/2021 at 11:54 AM,  Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er said:

I checked the log and it does recognize the command and execute an action but it won't trigger the flaps in the

Sorry, it's a bug, I'll upload the fix today.

Updated today and problem remains. Under Voice Control, Flaps Up command not recognised - all others ok including flaps down on approach......

john

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er
1 minute ago, John Rooum said:

Peter

On 4/25/2021 at 11:54 AM,  Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er said:

I checked the log and it does recognize the command and execute an action but it won't trigger the flaps in the

Sorry, it's a bug, I'll upload the fix today.

Updated today and problem remains. Under Voice Control, Flaps Up command not recognised - all others ok including flaps down on approach......

john

the latest version works  for me.

Peter Pukhnoy
12 minutes ago, John Rooum said:

Which version is that? There are currently two versions (the second one is attached in the opening post).

By 'not recognized' you mean there wasn't even a log message saying 'recognized 'flaps zero''?

John Rooum

Which version did you update Peter - the 2.04 or the beta? I just redownloaded 2.04

Peter Pukhnoy
26 minutes ago, John Rooum said:

Which version did you update Peter - the 2.04 or the beta? I just redownloaded 2.04

Both should work just fine. In 2.0.4, I added a speed check: if you're below Vs, the copilot won't retract the flaps. In the beta, I also added a "speed too low" callout for that (at the moment, it's only spoken if text-to-speech is enabled) 

The current configuration should be flaps 1 when you command "flaps zero".

John Rooum

Peter,

My recent flights were giving performance data requiring a 3 flap take off. It seem that by setting a flap retraction lock at Vs [min slat retraction speed] flap retract from 3 - 2 and 2 - 1 is inhibited until Vs is reached - thus busting the flap speed limits!

If you keep the Vs slat lock we perhaps need a similar lock for flaps at Vf?

Peter Pukhnoy
11 minutes ago, John Rooum said:

If you keep the Vs slat lock we perhaps need a similar lock for flaps at Vf?

It's there already.

12 minutes ago, John Rooum said:

flap retract from 3 - 2 and 2 - 1 is inhibited until Vs is reached - thus busting the flap speed limits!

This probably has nothing to do with the speed. You're supposed to retract from 3 straight to 1. The "flaps two" command is ignored.

John Rooum

Many thanks Peter - I'll set up and try that now

.Also have the beta installed  - but how do I start the checklist and activate "trigger phrase"?

Peter Pukhnoy
15 minutes ago, John Rooum said:

Also have the beta installed  - but how do I start the checklist and activate "trigger phrase"?

The way I've written that section is perhaps unintuitive. "trigger phrase" and the sentence below it are supposed to denote the format of the checklist list.

For example, the copilot starts listening for "before start checklist" when he's done with his preflight flow.

John Rooum

Thanks again - flaps ok now.

Need to spend some time on the checklist system - starts ok but doesn't move past preflight completed - my finger trouble I'm sure. Try again tomorrow

Peter Pukhnoy
22 minutes ago, John Rooum said:

Need to spend some time on the checklist system - starts ok but doesn't move past preflight completed - my finger trouble I'm sure

What do you mean by "preflight completed"? If you meant the "cockpit prep" item in the before start checklist, then the simplest explanation is that the recognizer didn't hear your "completed" - did you check the log for that?

John Rooum

As always, you are one step ahead of me - I picked that mistake up a bit later.  One question - is the landing checklist programmed to be called after gear and flaps etc are selected?

Peter Pukhnoy
21 minutes ago, John Rooum said:

One question - is the landing checklist programmed to be called after gear and flaps etc are selected?

No, speed below 200 is the only condition.

Peter Pukhnoy
58 minutes ago, Alan Strok said:

Will it be compatible with SHarklet?

I can't confirm myself as I'm not planning to buy the sharks. If there are incompatibilites, I should be able to resolve them if someone volunteers to help. 

The most obvious concern regarding the compatibility is the mouse macros. I would be grateful if someone checked if they're compatible. To do that, enable the console in FSUIPC (it has to be enabled before the sim is run), and restart Copilot with this file inside copilot/custom: checkmacros.lua. Do that for both the A320 and A321. If the automatic part of the check takes longer than a minute, it can be concluded that the macros need to be re-recorded.

Another thing that's worth checking is the flight control check.

Luke Hall

I am trying to use the latest version with SL with partial success. The co pilot doesn't speak or carry out the brake/control check or anything after that until climbing through 10,000. He does the rest of the stuff after that but never speaks!

So, mixed results.

Peter Pukhnoy
27 minutes ago, Luke Hall said:

The co pilot doesn't speak or carry out the brake/control check or anything after that until climbing through 10,000

Regarding him not speaking, that can happen if you clean re-installed Copilot but kept options.ini with the old sound_set setting. The reason is that I removed the old sound sets in 2.1.0.

Of course, I should have made the script abort on startup in this case.

Luke Hall
54 minutes ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

Regarding him not speaking, that can happen if you clean re-installed Copilot but kept options.ini with the old sound_set setting. The reason is that I removed the old sound sets in 2.1.0.

Of course, I should have made the script abort on startup in this case.

Ah yes! I've fixed that now and he's talking again. I haven't completed a flight yet but I do know that the macro for turning the transponder on is failing...

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

@Peter Pukhnoy I encounter a weird issue with the SL efb that I tracked down to your addon.

I hides the mouse cursor on the efb screen.

I happens after the after start flow.

To confirm it  I did:

wait for the issue to happen

save scenario

reload  scenario

issue still there

quit P3D

remove copilot folder from P3D addons

reload scenario

issue gone

quit p3D

put copilot folder back

reload scenario

issue comes back

I see luke uses your addon too and has this issue too. Any idea what could cause this ?

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er
16 hours ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

I can't confirm myself as I'm not planning to buy the sharks. If there are incompatibilites, I should be able to resolve them if someone volunteers to help. 

The most obvious concern regarding the compatibility is the mouse macros. I would be grateful if someone checked if they're compatible. To do that, enable the console in FSUIPC (it has to be enabled before the sim is run), and restart Copilot with this file inside copilot/custom: checkmacros.lua. Do that for both the A320 and A321. If the automatic part of the check takes longer than a minute, it can be concluded that the macros need to be re-recorded.

Another thing that's worth checking is the flight control check.

83328377_320SLlog.jpg.a99d3881f83151a17b60d4cc076142fa.jpg1868508901_321log.jpg.465e1cab90897a2ed0bcbcef05f7507d.jpg

here are the console log.

The flight control checks worked just fine for me.

• Like 1
Luke Hall
4 hours ago, Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er said:

83328377_320SLlog.jpg.a99d3881f83151a17b60d4cc076142fa.jpg1868508901_321log.jpg.465e1cab90897a2ed0bcbcef05f7507d.jpg

here are the console log.

The flight control checks worked just fine for me.

Yes, me too once I'd removed the old .ini file :-)

Simon Dettling

Hey Peter

Thanks for Version 2.1.2. I quickly tried to run my custom startup routine in the A321-SL and I've got some errors in the logs regarding macro commands:

[17:01:36] [info] ### 'Copilot for FSLabs\Copilot\copilot.lua': Launching new thread!
[17:01:36] [info] Loading plugins:
[17:01:36] [info] custom\custom.lua
[17:01:36] [debug] Updating grammar
[17:01:36] [debug] Activating top-level rule 250 (phrase #1: 'get the metar please')
[17:01:36] [debug] Activating top-level rule 253 (phrase #1: 'setup the aircraft please')
[17:01:36] [debug] Activating top-level rule 256 (phrase #1: 'Update the wind please')
[17:01:36] [info] custom\delay.lua
[17:02:21] [info] >>>>>> Setup finished
[17:02:21] [info] >>>>>> Voice control is enabled
[17:02:21] [info] Flight phase: On chocks
[17:02:21] [debug] Event: Chocks set
[17:02:21] [debug] Coroutine action: Preflight
[17:02:21] [debug] Action: 'stop' 'Taxi' on event 'Chocks set'
[17:02:23] [debug] Event: 236C9305090
[17:02:28] [info] Recognized 'setup the aircraft' (confidence 0.9500)
[17:02:28] [debug] Deactivating top-level rule 253 (phrase #1: 'setup the aircraft please')
[17:02:28] [debug] VoiceCommand: setup the aircraft please
[17:02:28] [debug] Action: 2407471C640
[17:02:31] [info] 
Control FSL.OVHD_ADIRS_1_Knob isn't responding to mouse macro commands

source: ...d-ons\Copilot for FSLabs\FSL2Lua\FSL2Lua\Control.lua:82
[17:02:33] [info] 
Control FSL.OVHD_ADIRS_2_Knob isn't responding to mouse macro commands

[17:02:36] [info] 
Control FSL.OVHD_ADIRS_3_Knob isn't responding to mouse macro commands

[17:02:38] [info] 
Control FSL.OVHD_AC_Cockpit_Knob isn't responding to mouse macro commands

[17:02:40] [info] 
Control FSL.OVHD_AC_Fwd_Cabin_Knob isn't responding to mouse macro commands

[17:02:42] [info] 
Control FSL.OVHD_AC_Aft_Cabin_Knob isn't responding to mouse macro commands

[17:02:44] [info] 
Control FSL.OVHD_INTLT_Integ_Lt_Knob isn't responding to mouse macro commands

[17:02:47] [info] 
Control FSL.OVHD_INTLT_Dome_Switch isn't responding to mouse macro commands

[17:02:50] [info] 
Control FSL.GSLD_FCU_DimLt_Knob isn't responding to mouse macro commands

[17:03:00] [info] 
Control FSL.CPT.GSLD_EFIS_VORADF_1_Switch isn't responding to mouse macro commands

[17:03:04] [info] 
Control FSL.CPT.PED_COMM_INT_Knob isn't responding to mouse macro commands

[17:03:07] [info] 
Control FSL.CPT.PED_COMM_CAB_Knob isn't responding to mouse macro commands

[17:03:09] [info] 
Control FSL.CPT.PED_COMM_PA_Knob isn't responding to mouse macro commands

[17:03:12] [info] 
Control FSL.PED_INTEG_LT_MainPnl_Knob isn't responding to mouse macro commands

[17:03:14] [info] 
Control FSL.PED_WXRadar_Tilt_Knob isn't responding to mouse macro commands

[17:03:17] [info] 
Control FSL.PED_ATCXPDR_THRT_Switch isn't responding to mouse macro commands

[17:03:22] [info] 
Control FSL.PED_COCKPIT_DOOR_Switch isn't responding to mouse macro commands

Peter Pukhnoy
1 minute ago, Simon Dettling said:

Thanks for Version 2.1.2. I quickly tried to run my custom startup routine in the A321-SL

Does it work if you restart the sim and try again?

Simon Dettling
57 minutes ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

Does it work if you restart the sim and try again?

No, the same errors appear again in the log after a sim restart.

Peter Pukhnoy
On 5/16/2021 at 6:59 PM, Simon Dettling said:

No, the same errors appear again in the log after a sim restart.

Try again please:

On 4/24/2020 at 1:37 AM, Peter Pukhnoy said:

Test version with sharklets compatibility: 

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

Peter, I can confirm the problem with the efb is gone. didn't find any other issue either. Thanks a lot

• Like 1
Luke Hall

Hi @Peter Pukhnoy

I can also confirm that version 2.1.3 appears to be working perfectly and that there is no longer the EFB mouse cursor problem. Thank you again for your work on this excellent addition to the FSLabs A32x. It's really excellent! :-)

• Thanks 1
Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

@Peter Pukhnoy I just noticed that there is a problem with the taxi flow in the latest version.

the copilot can't find the radar buttons.

I won't do the  lineup procedure either.

and at the end of the log it just goes  mute, unmute, mute, unmute

Copilot.log

Peter Pukhnoy
1 minute ago, Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er said:

I just noticed that there is a problem

Please download 2.1.3, 2.1.2 had a bug with invoking controls.

Regarding mute/unmute, it must be something with your bindings. Copilot only listenes for the SimConnect event, it would never mute or unmute by itself. 

Peter Pukhnoy
3 hours ago, Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er said:

and at the end of the log it just goes  mute, unmute, mute, unmute

It's odd that it's happening at a regular interval: one event every 2/3 of a second. It could be another addon that uses the smoke toggle event for something. I think I'll just replace the smoke toggle event with dedicated custom events to avoid the potential of such collisions.

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

I didn't have time to chech if it appens wwith the 2.1.3 tonight, i'll check tommorow. But i found that the shortcut I use for the menu was also bound  to what I Assume is a multiplayer voice bind in p3d ( can't remember the exact one forgot to write it down) Its a default p3d bind probably the same  on your sim (shift+w)

Simon Dettling
On 5/16/2021 at 8:01 PM, Peter Pukhnoy said:

Try again please:

Thanks Peter, it seems to work now with 2.1.3.

Luke Hall

Hi @Peter Pukhnoy,

I wonder if you can help me... I have just rebuilt my system with a clean install of Win10 64bit Home, and new P3D/FSL installation. However, when I add Co-pilot (v.2.1.3) P3D won't start. Well, it kind of starts...

The splash screen appears at the begining and sits for a few seconds. Then, instead of the scenario screen appearing, the splash screen just deisappears, then nothing. Task manager shows the P3D process running with a high power and memory consumption but there is no disk I/O and nothing further happens. So, the P3D process appears to be stuck in a loop. There is no indicattion of P3D running in the Apps section of Task manager either.

If I remove Co-pilot from the Add-ons folder, the sim starts fine again.

V2.1.3 worked fine before I reinstalled everything, so maybe there must be something else missing from my new installation, but I can't think what? Do you have any clues where I might look? All other P3D add-ons are working correctly, such as GSX, FSUIPC, ASP3D, Chaseplane, FSL, ORBX Etc,

Many thanks,

Luke

Peter Pukhnoy
1 hour ago, Luke Hall said:

The splash screen appears at the begining and sits for a few seconds. Then, instead of the scenario screen appearing, the splash screen just deisappears, then nothing

I could reproduce this by disabling my microphone in the Windows audio settings. Will be fixed in the next update.

• Thanks 1