Copilot lua script

Peter Pukhnoy

Peter Pukhnoy

1.1.4 is compatible with A320-X v5.0.1.100-105, A319-X v4.0.1.100 and A321-X v5.0.1.103

Due to the script utilising mouse macros for its interaction with the cockpit controls, it might not function properly if FSLabs releases an update that changes something in the virtual cockpit. I will be checking the macros with each update. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Peter Pukhnoy

• Igor Petrov

• António Abreu

• Antonio King

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1.1.4 is compatible with A320-X v5.0.1.100-105, A319-X v4.0.1.100 and A321-X v5.0.1.103 Due to the script utilising mouse macros for its interaction with the cockpit controls, it might not functi

The trigger for the copilot to start waiting for your FMGC setup is the chocks being set. Judging by the log, the chocks are off in the 'on APU' state. Yes - even if you start with the chocks s

Thanks for letting me know, I'll upload an update later today or tomorrow.

Posted Images

Essono Fritz

Got the chance to test it with FSUIPC 6 ? Doesn't seem to work so far here. 

Peter Pukhnoy
19 minutes ago, Essono Fritz said:

Got the chance to test it with FSUIPC 6 ? Doesn't seem to work so far here. 

No, I haven't upgraded yet. Does the log (FSUIPC directory/FSLabs Copilot/Copilot.log) print the sound device info? Is there a log file at all?

EDIT: I've upgraded and it works here.

Essono Fritz

No Copilot.log file for me. 

C:\Users\...\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6\FSLabs Copilot\copilot

Peter Pukhnoy
2 minutes ago, Essono Fritz said:

No Copilot.log file for me. 

C:\Users\...\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6\FSLabs Copilot\copilot

Is your FSUIPC6.dll located at C:\Users\...\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6\? 

When I upgraded, it installed into my old directory at Prepar3D v4\Modules and pointed there via add-on.xml.

Essono Fritz
6 minutes ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

Is your FSUIPC6.dll located at C:\Users\...\Documents\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\FSUIPC6\?

Yep

Peter Pukhnoy
1 minute ago, Essono Fritz said:

Yep

Oh, I noticed that you're using v5. I've got v5 installed but haven't added anything into it yet. I'll try to see why it can't locate the FSUIPC directory, but obviously I can't test it with FSLabs because I'm a mere mortal with no access to the beta :) 

Essono Fritz

I'll relocate to a (P3D5) module folder for now and report back... Thanks. 

Peter Pukhnoy
9 minutes ago, Essono Fritz said:

I'll relocate to a (P3D5) module folder for now and report back... Thanks. 

I doubt that will change anything because my DLL uses the location of the FSUIPC DLL loaded by the sim.

Simon Dettling

Hey Peter

First of all, a big thanks for creating this. :)

I installed everything based on your installation instructions. The option.ini and the Copilot.log are getting populated without any issues but the virtual Copilot doesn't seem to be doing anything. I tried to set up a new flight and checked the according Triggers/Action in the flow section of your manual. For example, after filling out the INIT B Page and the PERF Page, nothing happens on the F/O FMGC or the EFIS. Also after engine start when switching the Engine Mode Selector to Normal, also nothing happens.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Andreas Hoeniges

Hi Peter,

thanks for the script :-), works fine here. Just a quick question: "who is clicking always buttons"? :D

Andreas

Peter Pukhnoy
8 minutes ago, Andreas Hoeniges said:

Just a keep question: "who is clicking always buttons"? 

This young man:

fo.png.61d3ac34cc2341e53926188094d80fd1.png

Or did I misunderstand your question - is he always clicking buttons that you think he shouldn't be clicking?

Andreas Hoeniges

ooooh, he again :-) Well, so much noise, I can sleep at all :-) All the time I am looking which button he is clicking.

Peter, no misunderstanding, you got me.

I personally think it is a bit too much "clicking", just *my2cents*

Thanks

Andreas 

Bob Zolto

Is this a complement to PMCO or a separate thing?  With this, will there be speed callouts from both PMCO and this?  I am waiting for this to be ready for PSUIPC v6 in any event.

NilsUnger

It's a separate thing. It wouldn't make sense to run them both. Back then, Peter asked me whether we want to take PMCO to the next level. For different reasons, I didn't want that. So Peter went ahead with his own plug-in. Now users have more choice. It's a good thing. 

Peter Pukhnoy
2 hours ago, Bob Zolto said:

I am waiting for this to be ready for PSUIPC v6 in any event.

I don't know yet why it failed on Essono's machine, but I don't think it's because of FSUIPC6 (I'm using FSUIPC6).

António Abreu

Hey,

today I performed a first flight after installing the script. All went as expected on departure (LFPG) and on arrival (EGLL). Thank you so much, it brings a precious help that releases a lot of the pressure from the pilot on those critical phases. Job well done!

Have safe landings

• Thanks 1
António Abreu
1 hour ago, Antonio Abreu said:

Hey,

today I performed a first flight after installing the script. All went as expected on departure (LFPG) and on arrival (EGLL). Thank you so much, it brings a precious help that releases a lot of the pressure from the pilot on those critical phases. Job well done!

Have safe landings

But I actually installed Nil's V1.9. I believe you version is more complete but I'm not able to make it work. Perhaps you could add some readme.txt with installation instructions?

Peter Pukhnoy
1 minute ago, Antonio Abreu said:

But I actually installed Nil's V1.9. I believe you version is more complete but I'm not able to make it work. Perhaps you could add some readme.txt with installation instructions?

Oh :D 

The download page contains a link to the installation instructions.

António Abreu
2 minutes ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

Oh :D 

The download page contains a link to the installation instructions.

I just clicked the gray butoon abovbe and it downloads a .zip file ... don't really understand which page you refer to ...

António Abreu

I just clicked the gray butoon abovbe and it downloads a .zip file ... don't really understand which page you refer to ...

Found it!

António Abreu

All instructions carried out. I don't want to use voice control so:

[Voice_control]
enable=0

The module loads and becomes available on the P3DV4 add-ons menu Copilot for FSLabs (not under FSUIPC) with options "Restart" and "Stop". Performed normal pre-flight but I get no sounds at all, not the flight control checks, nothing.

Peter Pukhnoy
7 minutes ago, Antonio Abreu said:

The module loads and becomes available on the P3DV4 add-ons menu Copilot for FSLabs (not under FSUIPC) with options "Restart" and "Stop". Performed normal pre-flight but I get no sounds at all, not the flight control checks, nothing.

Do you see any lua errors in FSUIPC5.log?

Peter Pukhnoy
5 minutes ago, Fabio Marra said:

I have not yet tried the script, but can I ask you how the random failure works ? 

It sets up a random number generator when it initializes an airframe and stores the number of minutes logged on your airframe as well as the RNG's state in a file. With each new flight sim session, it advances the state of the RNG by the amount of time flown in the previous session and saves the state.

António Abreu

225562 *** LUA Error: S:\P3D\Modules\FSLabs Copilot.lua:21: module 'FSLCopilot' not found:
    no field package.preload['FSLCopilot']FSLCopilot
    no file 'S:\P3D\Modules\FSLabs Copilot\\FSLCopilot.lua'
    no file 'S:\P3D\modules\FSLCopilot.lua'
    no file 'S:\P3D\modules\FSLCopilot\init.lua'
    no file 'S:\P3D\modules\lua\FSLCopilot.lua'
    no file 'S:\P3D\modules\lua\FSLCopilot\init.lua'
    no file '\Users\António Abreu\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Copilot for FSLabs\FSLCopilot.dll'
    no file 'S:\P3D\modules\lua\FSLCopilot.dll'
    no file 'S:\P3D\modules\lua\loadall.dll'

For info my Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder is at disk C: so 'c:\Users\António Abreu\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Copilot for FSLabs\FSLCopilot.dll'. See attached image for the contents of Modules folder.

Screenshot_1.png

Peter Pukhnoy

@Antonio Abreu

On 4/24/2020 at 1:37 AM, Peter Pukhnoy said:

If the script fails to run and you see the error message "...module 'FSLCopilot' not found" in FSUIPCx.log, open FSLabs Copilot.lua and replace lines 16-17 with a single line like this:
addPackageCPath(absolute path to Add-ons\Copilot for FSLabs)
In my case, it would be addPackageCPath("C:\\Users\\Peter\\Documents\\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\\Copilot for FSLabs")
I'll fix it for the next version.

Fabio Marra
9 minutes ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

It sets up a random number generator when it initializes an airframe and stores the number of minutes logged on your airframe as well as the RNG's state in a file. With each new flight sim session, it advances the state of the RNG by the amount of time flown in the previous session and saves the state.

This seems a wonderful thing ! 

António Abreu
15 minutes ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

4377750 *** LUA Error: S:\P3D\Modules\FSLabs Copilot.lua:19: module 'FSLCopilot' not found:
    no field package.preload['FSLCopilot']FSLCopilot
    no file 'S:\P3D\Modules\FSLabs Copilot\\FSLCopilot.lua'
    no file 'S:\P3D\modules\FSLCopilot.lua'
    no file 'S:\P3D\modules\FSLCopilot\init.lua'
    no file 'S:\P3D\modules\lua\FSLCopilot.lua'
    no file 'S:\P3D\modules\lua\FSLCopilot\init.lua'
    no file 'C:\Users\António Abreu\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\Copilot for FSLabs\FSLCopilot.dll'
    no file 'S:\P3D\modules\lua\FSLCopilot.dll'
    no file 'S:\P3D\modules\lua\loadall.dll'

I guess it cannot cope with some characters in my user name ...

Peter Pukhnoy
4 minutes ago, Antonio Abreu said:

I guess it cannot cope with some characters in my user name ...

Please try this instead: addPackageCPath(ipc.readSTR(0x1000, 256):gsub("(Prepar3D v%d) Files.*", "%1 Add-ons\\Copilot for FSLabs"))

António Abreu
4 minutes ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

Please try this instead: addPackageCPath(ipc.readSTR(0x1000, 256):gsub("(Prepar3D v%d) Files.*", "%1 Add-ons\\Copilot for FSLabs"))

Single line:

5083000 LUA: "S:\P3D\Modules\FSLabs Copilot.lua": killed

Peter Pukhnoy

Single line:

5083000 LUA: "S:\P3D\Modules\FSLabs Copilot.lua": killed

That means it was started and restarted successfully since there are no errors. I guess it started automatically and then you restarted it from the menu.

António Abreu
2 minutes ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

That means it was started and restarted successfully since there are no errors. I guess it started automatically and then you restarted it from the menu.

Ok, I'm now on final, full flaps and gear down, shoud hear the "Spoilers" message after landing right?

António Abreu
3 minutes ago, Peter Pukhnoy said:

Yes. Make sure to pull out the INT volume knob.

It worked! Only the PWS button went mad, turning on and off continuosly ...

António Abreu
3 minutes ago, Antonio Abreu said:

It worked! Only the PWS button went mad, turning on and off continuosly ...

But anyway I made so many changes during this flight that maybe something went wrong on FSLabs A319 itself. Nevetheless the sounds worked on landing! I'll make a "clean" flight tomorrow. Thank you so much for your support, have a nice evening. Over and out.

Peter Pukhnoy
2 minutes ago, Antonio Abreu said:

Only the PWS button went mad, turning on and off continuosly ...

Hmm, that never happened to me - you mean it never stopped doing that?

Antonio King

Similar challenge; input everything into corresponding folders, locations, but not working for some reason.

I know it's (seemingly) installed correctly as it's showing up, but despite doing the triggers in the manual, nothing happens. Wondering if I'm missing a step?

image.png.535e984098d3fb569848a8b06e7f9512.png

Peter Pukhnoy
1 minute ago, Antonio King said:

Similar challenge; input everything into corresponding folders, locations, but not working for some reason.

I know it's (seemingly) installed correctly as it's showing up, but despite doing the triggers in the manual, nothing happens. Wondering if I'm missing a step?

Did you install 1.0.0 or 1.0.1?

Antonio King

Hm, installed the one referenced at the top here. Unless somehow I installed the wrong one. While I'm almost 100% sure I installed the latest, any way to check that?

António Abreu

Good morning,

trying a new flight (same characteristics as yesterday) but P3DV4 totally locked. How can we tell from inside the zip file which version it is?

Thank you