"ADD DRAG" Message

Marc Stanford

Marc Stanford

Just wondering if the new S8 FMGS software will include new messages displayed on the PFD such as ADD DRAG.

• Like 1
Alessandro Dallago

Whenever someone is high on profile and the 'More Drag' message pops up. I tell them that the plane wants them to wear a dress. No one has gotten it yet. 

• Haha 3
Marc Ehnle
1 minute ago, Alessandro Dallago said:

Whenever someone is high on profile and the 'More Drag' message pops up. I tell them that the plane wants them to wear a dress. No one has gotten it yet. 

the Queen of the skies is another aircraft ^^

Paul Stassen

The only thing so far I have seen on FSL aircraft was DECELERATE. Only had MORE DRAG irl a number of times. The latter is part of S8 1 and 2 but I would imagine you should also have it with older software versions already.

Marc Stanford

So I assume MORE DRAG will be included in the upcoming S8 update.

Alex Pugh
16 minutes ago, NilsUnger said:

Which post leads you to this assumption? :)

We can only hope. 

He's just trying to goad the devs into responding. 

• Like 2
Paul Stassen

Actually you should already have it Marc with older software than S8 1/2on PFD when:

DES mode is engaged, idle is selected, and either:
‐ The aircraft is above the vertical profile and the predicted intercept point
of the theoretical profile is at less than 2 NM from the next ALT CSTR,
or
‐ In auto speed control and the aircraft enters a speedbrake decelerating
segment.

Try it out! If I get DECELERATE with FSL older versions, MORE DRAG should also appear in older versions if you meet the above parameters. 

image.thumb.png.e9238d28326129e062f119eaf3c974a3.png

Edited by Paul Stassen
  • 2 months later...
H0wa_Rd_15aac5

More drag discussed a long time ago together with a few other missing items. See here. The intercept arrow is working:

Marc Stanford

Were any of you guys able to get the ADD DRAG message? I did the prerequisites and still have not been able to display the message, is it modelled?

Paul Stassen

Hi Marc I tried yesterday, meeting all the requirements too, to get the MORE DRAG (not ADD DRAG) message, but it didn't appear. I also tried the other 2, the TOO STEEP PATH message or make the energy circle appear, same result. They may or may not be included in the last update.