Beware of VRAM usage in P3D v5

Louis Vallance

43 minutes ago, Danny Krautwurst said:

P3D v5 HotFix 1 is Out now with some VRAM Fixxes i think !

I have update to HF1.But seems the VRAM is the same as before.:(

Nuno M Pinto

They added texture streaming to the GPU at the expense of some performance. Also, they now try to predict out of memory situations and control the situation instead of letting the simulator handle it (crash).

To enable this, check P3D options and enable Texture Streaming in the video options. Beware that performance is (can be) degraded.

When Windows10 version 2004 releases mid-may more VRAM usage improvements will be seen or so Microsoft claims. Also, keeping up with the drivers might be a good idea as LM is working directly with nVidia. As far as AMD is concerned... well, not the best choice for simulators yet.

• Like 2
Ridvan Celik
19 hours ago, Nuno M Pinto said:

They added texture streaming to the GPU at the expense of some performance. Also, they now try to predict out of memory situations and control the situation instead of letting the simulator handle it (crash).

To enable this, check P3D options and enable Texture Streaming in the video options. Beware that performance is (can be) degraded.

When Windows10 version 2004 releases mid-may more VRAM usage improvements will be seen or so Microsoft claims. Also, keeping up with the drivers might be a good idea as LM is working directly with nVidia. As far as AMD is concerned... well, not the best choice for simulators yet.

I've downloaded the Windows 10 ver.2004 through the windows insider program and P3D is now showing an extra 1gb available to use! So far so good. 

Nuno M Pinto

That requires a bit of courage lol. I have it on my laptop for testing and it's really buggy in some aspects. Good luck, it should be much more stable by release.