Gregory Bally

Latest standard

Gregory Bally

Hi,

Just a quick one and in case I missed it. is the 320/319 will be updated to include some of the "latest" Airbus features such as Backup Speed Scale, A/P TCAS, ATSO selector etc....

Thank you.

Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Gregory Bally said:

Hi,

Just a quick one and in case I missed it. is the 320/319 will be updated to include some of the "latest" Airbus features such as Backup Speed Scale, A/P TCAS, ATSO selector etc....

Thank you.

have a look at the annoucement. it will tell you that the S8 software features will move to the a319/320/321 along with the SL variants.

can you elborate with what you mean by A/P TCAS and ATSO selector?

Gregory Bally
1 minute ago, Koen Meier said:

have a look at the annoucement. it will tell you that the S8 software features will move to the a319/320/321 along with the SL variants.

can you elborate with what you mean by A/P TCAS and ATSO selector?

from Airbus website :

AP/FD TCAS operation overview
The new AP/FD TCAS mode essentially completes the existing TCAS functionality by implementing a TCAS vertical guidance feature into the Auto Flight computer. The result is that now the Auto Flight computer can control the vertical speed of the aircraft which is adapted to each resolution advisory acquired from TCAS.

Moreover, with this new AP/FD TCAS mode activated, when a TCAS "Resolution Advisory" (RA) is received, the pilot no longer needs to disengage the autopilot or Flight Director before conducting the TCAS manoeuvres. Rather, the autopilot can now automatically conduct the correct TCAS manoeuvre, to position the aircraft clear of any potential traffic conflict.

ATSO selector basically allow you to select the range around your aircraft position and have an overview on the ND of the aircrafts around you with their speed/altitude and heading....   would be nice to have that showing UT Live aircrafts ;-)

Koen Meier

i suspect that it is a customer option to some extent. i also think it falls along the line of the other weather radar option that are available irl.

Gregory Bally

Yes probably. Thanks

Antti Salo

The backup speed scale is visible in screenshots on the latest news update.

There are indeed many new carrier options IRL that would be lovely in the sim, like ATSAW you mention and OANS (moving airport map on the ND), but I wouldn’t hold my breath for those quite yet.

• Like 3

Valentin Rusu

OANS will be nice feature, I saw it on an A321 from Condor.

Koen Meier
15 minutes ago, Valentin Rusu said:

OANS will be nice feature, I saw it on an A321 from Condor.

Very few IRL users have that on the a320. 

Felipe Widmano

In real life airlines pay to add airports to the database for OANS (ground layout, the map needs to be kept current/valid, etc) so it doesn't always make financial sense.

In the sim, all the data is already there, it's all in the AFCAD files. Should be fairly easy and do the trick realistically enough. 

Alex Pugh
5 hours ago, Felipe Widmano said:

In real life airlines pay to add airports to the database for OANS (ground layout, the map needs to be kept current/valid, etc) so it doesn't always make financial sense.

In the sim, all the data is already there, it's all in the AFCAD files. Should be fairly easy and do the trick realistically enough. 

PMDG did it for the -8 but the results vary wildly depending on how the scenery was designed. Sometimes it looks great, sometimes it’s garbage. 

Jan Vysoky
43 minutes ago, Alex Pugh said:

PMDG did it for the -8 but the results vary wildly depending on how the scenery was designed. Sometimes it looks great, sometimes it’s garbage. 

Also note that QW787 does it (it looks cool on those huge dreamliner screens).

Alexis Mergier

I really hope they will add it in the next update or expansion the same way PMDG or QW did to their product. It can be really convenient sometimes! It even warns for the proximity of runways and traffics

Andy Peoples on Twitter: "Great function on our newer #A321 OANS ...

• Like 1

James Walker

If they put navigraph support in the soon to be released tablets it won't be needed!

Koen Meier
7 hours ago, Alexis Mergier said:

I really hope they will add it in the next update or expansion the same way PMDG or QW did to their product. It can be really convenient sometimes! It even warns for the proximity of runways and traffics

Andy Peoples on Twitter: "Great function on our newer #A321 OANS ...

OANS is a customer option not used very much irl even

8 minutes ago, James Walker said:

If they put navigraph support in the soon to be released tablets it won't be needed!

there probably is if you look at the picture in the news update.

Arunit Mukherjee

Hi, slightly off topic. Can anybody let me know how to change the gray background on EWD on N2. The readouts are barely visible. I have changed the FD green colour by editing the pens.ini file.

Wilhelm Zwirchmayr

black box is already streaming with the tablet version
so the publication could not take long - I hope

Koen Meier

From the impression that I get the efb is only on the sharklets initially.

Hai Zhu

Not sure how many option can FSL make, but many of our 320/319 have jetpump for central tank.

Felipe Widmano
On 5/17/2020 at 9:48 AM, Koen Meier said:

not used very much irl even

wrong.

• Confused 1

Koen Meier
5 minutes ago, Felipe Widmano said:

wrong.

How many operators in each continent use the option on all their a320 family aircraft?

Norman Blackburn
57 minutes ago, Felipe Widmano said:

wrong.

Felipe,

Yet again your replies are caustic.   If its wrong, please say how its wrong.   

Søren Dissing
2 hours ago, Felipe Widmano said:

wrong.

Felipe,

Earlier in this thread (27 April) you said: "In real life airlines pay to add airports to the database for OANS (ground layout, the map needs to be kept current/valid, etc) so it doesn't always make financial sense."

Are you now saying that it's being used a lot IRL - despite not making financial sense?

Felipe Widmano

Where it is installed, it is used a lot. 

On a greek island airport with only two taxiways, it's not a huge benefit to situational awareness - but bigger ones like Frankfurt or Madrid are where OANS comes in really handy.

• Like 1

Karl Brooker
On 5/21/2020 at 8:07 AM, Hai Zhu said:

Not sure how many option can FSL make, but many of our 320/319 have jetpump for central tank.

This will be included in the sharklets.