duartevieira

P3d v5 releasing on the 14th of April good news

Stu Antonio

Btw, with v5's TrueSky, what will happen to ActiveSky & ASCA? Will they be obsolete?

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Stu Antonio said:

Btw, with v5's TrueSky, what will happen to ActiveSky & ASCA? Will they be obsolete?

Active sky will remain as p3d doesnt offer live weather. But for ASCA and REX I think that remains to be seen if they are updated to work with the truesky cloud structures or if they will just use the true sky fully.

• Thanks 1

Rob Bates

Activesky, no. ASCA i was curious about too. I guess there will always be room for texture set replacement but i guess depends how diff the tech is vs P4D

Wilson Ng

Actually, one other question. was the replay function fixed or work this time?

Kinda jealous seeing Xplane 11 have their replay function worked despite some having issue due to dedicate sound engine.

David Norfolk
10 minutes ago, Wilson Ng said:

Kinda jealous seeing Xplane 11 have their replay function worked despite some having issue due to dedicate sound engine.

Have a look at the changelog mate 

Wilson Ng
6 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Have a look at the changelog mate 

Not mentioned in changelog and I was expecting miracle if any beta tester are here. but i guess is no... :(

David Norfolk
1 minute ago, Wilson Ng said:

if any beta tester are here. but i guess is no... :(

Even they were on it, they couldn't tell you because i'd believe they would be still under fslabs NDA 

Danny Krautwurst
But there won't be an upgrade fee? 

Mikey Miller

Just say something FSLABS so I can buy the 321 and not feel like im Gambling :P

David Norfolk
4 minutes ago, Michael Miller said:

Just say something FSLABS so I can buy the 321 and not feel like im Gambling :P

They did offer a free service to upgrade from V3 to V4 for a short while if this helps.. Hopefully they do the same with V5

• Like 1

Pascal Ad
2 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

Active sky will remain as p3d doesnt offer live weather. But for ASCA and REX I think that remains to be seen if they are updated to work with the truesky cloud structures or if they will just use the true sky fully.

You can de-activate the dynamic clouds and sky feature meaning you can still use classic textures for sky and clouds.

• Like 1

Stu Antonio
1 hour ago, Pascal Ad said:

You can de-activate the dynamic clouds and sky feature meaning you can still use classic textures for sky and clouds.

But classic textures then means no volumetric clouds, right?

Richard Partridge

Well I think this short video of MSFS 2020's generation of clouds is really remarkable. The realism almost beggars belief...convective cells breaking through a layer of Altocumulus is mind-blowing! Incredibly realistic.

495b0c674b1bce9a222e07604285990e54416a51

• Like 2

Endrit Palushi
29 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

But classic textures then means no volumetric clouds, right?

Yeah, it would be exactly what we have in 4.5 - not sure why anyone would want to do that though, no REX or ASCA clouds I've tried compare to the Truesky ones.

Kristoffer Rivedal

But they are saying rain and snow isn't implemented, at least not right now, so if that's not ready at first I'm not going to use Truesky.

Koen Meier
Just now, Kristoffer Rivedal said:

But they are saying rain and snow isn't implemented, at least not right now, so if that's not ready at first I'm not going to use Truesky.

We dont know if you can replace it yet. Rain and snow do you mean the clouds or visualisation of it.

Kristoffer Rivedal

You can turn Truesky off and on according to some streams.

And I mean precipitation.

Stu Antonio
18 minutes ago, Endrit Palushi said:

Yeah, it would be exactly what we have in 4.5 - not sure why anyone would want to do that though, no REX or ASCA clouds I've tried compare to the Truesky ones.

Well, what I‘ve seen if TrueSky so far it seems like the clouds are quite „puffy“. Me personal I like a little more defined clouds.... but we‘ll see. 

• Like 2

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Kristoffer Rivedal said:

You can turn Truesky off and on according to some streams.

And I mean precipitation.

So till Rex and asca work with the new clouds it can be turned off.

Alexander Sigg
18 minutes ago, Kristoffer Rivedal said:

I think that’s not true 

have a look at 4:50~ 

Kristoffer Rivedal
1 minute ago, Alexander Sigg said:

I think that’s not true 

Fantastic! Looks like they did add it before release then. :) 

Stu Antonio
9 hours ago, Wilson Ng said:

I would love that as well, especially for the FSLabs. I‘ve never really seen the model‘s awesomeness in full external beauty and action, like spoilers and reversers, suspension and control surfaces etc on landing (no, I will not do a landing in external view :)). But I doubt that v5 will make this finally possible.... 

• Like 2

Meng ran
On 2020/4/9 at PM7点00分, ALESSANDRO ANILE said:

我认为,鉴于像Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020这样的重要事件,从Prepar3d V4迁移到V5目前没有任何意义,最好等待,评估然后再决定。

亚历山德罗·阿尼尔(Alessandro Anile)

That's right. Let's wait for MSF2020

• Like 1

ALESSANDRO ANILE

Wonderful

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Jose Rodrigues

Hello FSLabs, any news?

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Timm Rehberg
18 minutes ago, Jose Rodrigues said:

Hello FSLabs, any news?

:ph34r:

No, otherwise you wouldn't see it like this:
WB7j928.png

• Haha 4

I.fi.kra.tis.Ka.me.ni.dis

Imagine if P3Dv5 is released and FSL keeps silent for days...worst torture. 

• Sad 1

Timm Rehberg

3wh9r8.jpg

:ph34r::D

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Timm Rehberg said:

3wh9r8.jpg

:ph34r::D

Inb4 compatibility tomorrow 

Ryan Dunlop

Don’t see why FSLabs are remaining so quiet around this, quite disappointing that it’s not even been acknowledged.

Thats PMDG confirmed for free, Leonardo for Maddog confirmed an update, Aerosoft free, Milviz reviewing, Quality Wings reviewing... 

• Like 7

Chris Kreuzbichler

It's up to FSL to remain quiet. I mean, who is there to order them to write a statement? Who knows - Maybe they will release something together with the release of v5 ;-) 

John Brosnan

FSL will make a statement when the time is right. Its not like they are going to disappear. We just had Easter this past Sunday but remember this is Greek Orthodox Holy Week. Easter Sunday for them is the 19th. Be patient! We will know when we know!B) beatus pascha! And enjoy v5 for what it is right now:wub:

John Khan
On 4/8/2020 at 7:17 AM, Marvin Toepfer said:

looking forward to threads where people instantly upgraded to the new version and complaining about FSL not working:lol:

That is something I have been caught out with before, so will not be doing it this time.

I understand that you put a huge amount of details and extras into your products and it will take a while to update them all. I just wish it could be made clear, when the time comes, to indicate which version of your products go onto which version of the updated, or new, simulator. In my case P3D.

I will not be updating it until yours are updated for it, as they are my favorites.

I do however think your post is just arrogant and rude.

Timm Rehberg

But if FSL would post just that single image, you would also get mad :D

nUn5augrQO8aiIU7N8Fw_patient_1.jpg

• Like 4

Christoph Sebek
23 minutes ago, John Khan said:

That is something I have been caught out with before, so will not be doing it this time.

I understand that you put a huge amount of details and extras into your products and it will take a while to update them all. I just wish it could be made clear, when the time comes, to indicate which version of your products go onto which version of the updated, or new, simulator. In my case P3D.

I will not be updating it until yours are updated for it, as they are my favorites.

I do however think your post is just arrogant and rude.

Honesty and the truth hurt. Marvin merely made a valid point there. No one FORCES you, or anyone else, to update immediately minutes after release. But it’s true, thereafter you have the imminent updaters nag why their addons are broken or some things are not working.

Just give it some days and it will be worth the wait until all the developers, not only FSL, adjusted to the new settings a new simulation version brings along.

Happy Landings Everyone. I know I‘ll be enjoying a wonderful Airbus flight from San Diego to Dallas today. In 4.5HF2, uh yeah.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Artur Araripe

No Labus, no upgrade. No point :P 

Patience is a virtue. 

Stu Antonio

I'll wait for v5 HF1 B)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Artur Araripe

Weak

I'll wait for v6 

:D:P

Stu Antonio
16 hours ago, I.fi.kra.tis.Ka.me.ni.dis said:

Imagine if P3Dv5 is released and FSL keeps silent for days...worst torture. 

Maybe they just release a v5 compatibility update without big announcements or teasers...  

Andrew Wilson
3 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Maybe they just release a v5 compatibility update without big announcements or teasers...  

Where would be the fun in that!? :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 15

Ramon De Valencia
1 minute ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Where would be the fun in that!? :)

there you go! :D

Usama Ahmed

P3Dv5 does look great however I am not quite convinced to make a move from V4.5 yet. Until there is firm update from all of the developers about their plans for future compatibility. I am quite happy with 4.5. With MFS2020 in works, P3D v5 might be short lived or I could be wrong.

Does anyone know if Active sky will be compatible with v5 or not? 

Stewart Cumbers
Just now, Usama Ahmed said:

P3Dv5 does look great however I am not quite convinced to make a move from V4.5 yet. Until there is firm update from all of the developers their plans for future compatibility. I am quite happy with 4.5. With MFS2020 in works, P3D v5 might be short lived or I could be wrong.

Does anyone know if Active sky will be compatible with v5 or not? 

There was a post saying they are working on making active sky compatible but there is no timeline 

Usama Ahmed
2 minutes ago, Stewart Cumbers said:

There was a post saying they are working on making active sky compatible but there is no timeline 

I see, till then I am quite happy with V4.5.