Jump to content
duartevieira

P3d v5 releasing on the 14th of April good news

Recommended Posts

Christoph Sebek
24 minutes ago, ALESSANDRO ANILE said:

We do not know anything, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, could come out quickly and displace everyone, I remain of my opinion it is better to wait, then everyone decides according to their beliefs..

 

Alessandro Anile

Have fun waiting rather than enjoy and fly.

But as you said, each to his own. 

Happy Landings, or in your case, Happy waiting. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Christian Amadeo Oliveira Araujo

I personally am ready to go over to MSFS. It's not just the visual but the whole physics model and aerodynamic model that seems to be a huge enhancement among other new stuff out of the box. So from all the information I have access to MSFS will eventually be the sim I will settle with (not set in stone obviously). Does that mean I have no use for P3Dv5? Absolutely not. When it comes to P3D (which days for me appear to be numbered) the most valuable feature would be performance, performance and performance. If this thing can give a performance boost of 25% in similar conditions vs v4 then I will gladly grab it just for the performance as an intermediate solution. Of course other goodies like truesky and global PBR are a welcome bonus. But me personally am in it for the performance. Not to mention I am conducting the most painful task worldwide of trying to erase every trace of v4 for a clean reinstall. Since both can run side by side it would also ease that process as I can fly in v5 and clean up v4 at the same time. It seems like getting v4 products to work with v5 is not such a big deal. Of course none of it matters if I can't fly the FSL since right now that's pretty much the only thing keeping P3D alive for me. Buttom line here is I for one will take a different approach. I will not decide whether P3D or MSFS (that decision was pretty much made). If FSL (and PMDG) are available I will use v5 as a gap-filler until MSFS arrives. So I hope devs will go for both and even if it's just a compatibility update when it comes to P3D5. In this case I am just interested in the performance. 

Share this post


Link to post
David Gray

I'll be doing V5.  Maybe MSFS eventually.  But a lot of questions and things need to work out with it

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Zsolt Monostori

Looking forward to P3DV5 very much! First of all, I find it incredible that we are going to be given so many options, so many fantastic simulators to choose from, each with their own advantages.

To start with, Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D is definitely going in the right direction. For me, it is the performance boost that means a lot as well as the "localized precipitation" and the volumetric clouds. If the "localized precipitation" means what I think it means, then from now on, whenever it rains over let's say Boston, does not necessarily mean it's also raining over New York. If ir rains somewhere, then it is a very much defined area, which  you can visually see and physically cross the boundaries of, so to speak. Right now in Prepar3D, these things are global. Rain is turned on if you are in an area with reported precipitation and it is turned off if you are outside of the area. What I am hoping V5 delivers is that you can approach a "physical block" of precipitation and I also hope that the same applies for visibility and fog. 

And then we have XP11 which runs butter smooth now on Vulkan. If the developers finally add seasons (I find it outright pathetic not to include seasons, landing in Fairbanks, AK in mid-winter only to find green foliage and high summer vegetation is priceless), it will be a great simulator. 

As for the upcoming MSFS, I am crossing my fingers that it is indeed the future, but just because of some pretty promo videos I am not going to give up everything that I have spent money on and enjoyed so far, which is Prepar3D. I want to personally experience MSFS first to be able to make an informed decision. 

Nonetheless, these are great times to be a flight simmer.

 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Christoph Sebek
49 minutes ago, Christian Amadeo Oliveira Araujo said:

In this case I am just interested in the performance. 

So is everyone I think. Shame it‘s 2020 and we cannot run flight sim on ultra settings and have great performance too.

Anyone remember the good old FS9 days? High graphics and frames. Haha.

Still tweaking around to achieve a suitable compromise, then again it‘s based on the FSX code, which never has been great.

So not much they can do, but V5 - if it performs as described - will be a nice step up for the LM simulation.

Let‘s see but definitely great times ahead for our little niche hobby.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
I.fi.kra.tis.Ka.me.ni.dis

To remain on subject and remind us why we visit this forum:

  I hope FSL will let us know soon what are their plans for P3D v5.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
duartevieira
37 minutes ago, Ifikratis Kamenidis said:

To remain on the subject and remind us why we visit this forum:

  I hope FSL will let us know soon of what are their plans for P3D v5.

Would be nice 

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk

IF V5 can hold it's performance with major addons running then fair play.

Share this post


Link to post
Marcell Csendes

In most games DX12 mode making things worse or just not even increasing performance, sometimes you can expect even crashes, etc. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Michael Petersen

I am wondering if HT off still is the best solution or DX12 changes this. It will otherwise sadly generate more heat to my old 4770k. If I can change from 25 to 30hz i am all in on this V5

Michael Moe

Share this post


Link to post
K. Serhan Onur

Yesterday, I watched Matt Davies's twitch stream. I think some members of this forum could be watched too. Anyway, this is my opinion. I can't see any changed (huge differences) to V4.5 It looks like XP11! And we know P3D needs some corrections or fixes and needs some new version so that, even last (final) release. ( nevertheless, It doesn't be quiet enough) I bought V1, V2, V3, V4 despite all my complaints!:blink: But I wait for subsequent every version to one year at least. On the other hand, MSFS 2020 is so gripping and so exciting than other sims. (except DCS ;))

So, I will wait and wait for a long time to buy V5. I am happy with my v4.5 and with add-ons

Serhan Onur


 Ps. I remembered I bought V4 just for FSLabs A320! If Fs Labs A320 hadn't maybe I couldn't buy V4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
António Abreu
On 4/8/2020 at 6:47 PM, Michael Miller said:

FPS has doubled! 

That's because you got the other side of the aircraft, don't get too optimistic for now. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Zsolt Monostori

It would be great to see some unbiased comparison or review that includes a decent scenery as well as FSLabs aircraft. 

Share this post


Link to post
Artur Araripe
2 hours ago, K. Serhan Onur said:

 


 Ps. I remembered I bought V4 just for FSLabs A320! If Fs Labs A320 hadn't maybe I couldn't buy V4

Is there even any other reason to buy P3D? 

lmao 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Danny Krautwurst
Hi Guys,

I am convinced of FS2020 and P3Dv5. FS2020 is still a long way and the talk of DX12 in P3Dv5 is pretty much out of the air. 
I occasionally play shooters and DX12 has always meant FPS drops. Although the game runs smoothly, but never noticed an increase in FPS. 
The most bad things, is that add-on manufacturers are now going to ask for money again. Nonsense. I Hope FSLabs will do this better.

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
Just now, Danny Krautwurst said:

Hi Guys,

I am convinced of FS2020 and P3Dv5. FS2020 is still a long way and the talk of DX12 in P3Dv5 is pretty much out of the air. 
I occasionally play shooters and DX12 has always meant FPS drops. Although the game runs smoothly, but never noticed an increase in FPS. 
The most bad things, is that add-on manufacturers are now going to ask for money again. Nonsense. I Hope FSLabs will do this better.

Some already confirmed no additional fee that goes for scenery and aircraft.

Share this post


Link to post
David Gray
3 hours ago, Danny Krautwurst said:

Hi Guys,

I am convinced of FS2020 and P3Dv5. FS2020 is still a long way and the talk of DX12 in P3Dv5 is pretty much out of the air. 
I occasionally play shooters and DX12 has always meant FPS drops. Although the game runs smoothly, but never noticed an increase in FPS. 
The most bad things, is that add-on manufacturers are now going to ask for money again. Nonsense. I Hope FSLabs will do this better.

From a technical standpoint your shooter games don't really have much in common with a flight simulator.  So far the video evidence showed to us does not suggest FPS drops.  In fact it is suggesting a frame increase.  

Share this post


Link to post
Zsolt Monostori

FPS increase? FPS drop? I am sure we will find out soon. I don't believe any promo videos, comparisons, anything. Each system is different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Christoph Sebek
1 hour ago, Zsolt Monostori said:

FPS increase? FPS drop? I am sure we will find out soon. I don't believe any promo videos, comparisons, anything. Each system is different. 

Word. So that‘s why some may see a vast improvement while others may not. It does look promising, but it was already stated, showing off a basically 2006 FSX aircraft model with nothing inside (system wise) logically shows a significant boost.

But as said before, if such things happen with the PMDG‘s or FSL, I‘d be happy camper ... ehm ... flight simmer.

Aerosoft said their Airbus are doing quite well in the V5 version. Besides they already had great frames inside the current version.

Share this post


Link to post
Danny Krautwurst

Yes i also don't believe any promo video, because this is mostly made with Highend Systems. We will see soon when also all Ubdates a running with P3Dv5.

I Think this Videos are mostly without Highend Ubdates.... ! My FPS is also fine without in v4 ;o)

And with the Ubdates, we will see ... Money rules the world ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Zsolt Monostori
2 hours ago, Danny Krautwurst said:

Yes i also don't believe any promo video, because this is mostly made with Highend Systems. We will see soon when also all Ubdates a running with P3Dv5.

I Think this Videos are mostly without Highend Ubdates.... ! My FPS is also fine without in v4 ;o)

And with the Ubdates, we will see ... Money rules the world ;)

Ubdates, lol. No offence, but it's awesome! :-)

Share this post


Link to post
I.fi.kra.tis.Ka.me.ni.dis

Given that its 3 days after the announcement and FSL has said nothing yet, it seems they have decided to go on silent until Tuesday.

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk

I have a feeling that this interm update before the sharks release that andy mentioned could include a V5 compatibility. Then again, they might not of got a copy early to do some testing like some others did.

Share this post


Link to post
Patrick Hildebrand

 

12 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

I have a feeling that this interm update before the sharks release that andy mentioned could include a V5 compatibility. Then again, they might not of got a copy early to do some testing like some others did.

I agree. But I really hope they will not loose the v4.5 compatibility for futher updates 

Share this post


Link to post
Zdenek Cebis

Let’s hope that it won’t turn out to be a nightmare for the addons.

Share this post


Link to post
Artur Araripe

The videos that came out so far are from very high-end systems, like that guy demonstrating how it runs TrueEarth GB with a default aircraft, in 4K, locked at 30 fps. Dropping to 27 every now and then, a TITAN RTX and a 5,2 GHz 9900k!!! Twice as much frames than v4.5, but still not enough, I'm afraid. Just compare it to X-Plane with the same TrueEarth GB, similar specs and default aircraft. FPS is bound to be much higher. Fact is, the ESP engine is really old and I'm afraid it might as well be nearing its limits when it comes to how far they can push it to squeeze extra frames. Maybe it's time to consider digging deeper and maybe even rewriting it partially. New autogen and landclass logic, maybe, which are very taxing on CPU and worsened with the poor multithreading. The numbers are good, but if you consider that it's default aircraft + a very expensive build that some of us (myself included) can't even dream of being able to afford, it doesn't really makes me too happy. It just tells how much you need to spend to have a somewhat decent 4K experience with the upcoming v5, let alone v4.5. I really hope they prioritize multithreading next time. Eye candy is good, new API is good, but needing a $3000 build to actually enjoy it to its fullest extent isn't really that exciting. But people are gonna keep buying it, they are gonna keep making their millions and not worrying one bit about actually doing something about the performance. A nice way to dig their own grave. MSFS 2020 is right around the corner. What if it actually matches our expectations? Not saying it's a certain thing, but what if? Will you guys still spend $59.99 on every new P3D "update"? If the new Flight Sim turns out to be pretty good, run well, good addons (FSL A320, etc :wub:). I'm pretty sure that most would say YES. 

People migrated to P3D because they needed an up to date sim to call their own. But their comfort zone is soon to be attacked again. And a bigger threat in a sense that most devs will actually make addons for it, what didn't happen with XP11, for example. Of course, some did, but the golden stuff remained P3D only.

The point is: with another alternative, that has the same (if not better) addons, what would be the reason to stay?

Lockheed was cornered pretty bad and that's all they could do so far. Unimpressed. Honestly. Not hating on it or anything, far from it (constructive criticism). But if that's what they are bringing to the table to fight the upcoming Flight Sim, I have bad news. It's only logical to assume the outcome. Food for thought. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
ALESSANDRO ANILE

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020


Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Robert Reilly
7 hours ago, Artur Araripe said:

 

Lockheed was cornered pretty bad and that's all they could do so far. Unimpressed. Honestly. Not hating on it or anything, far from it (constructive criticism). But if that's what they are bringing to the table to fight the upcoming Flight Sim, I have bad news. It's only logical to assume the outcome. Food for thought. 

 

 

This is a poor statement we as home flight sim users are not there main customer not even near, They mainly deal with defence contracts and big companies who need large scale flight sims to train there pilots in combined ops etc, that's why they are updating water effects and adding drones. I doubt they even care about MSFS2020 as it won't be used by there main customer base who use P3D to simulate warfare etc. That's also why there is no ATC update as again there customers will just use live feed controllers so they have no need for AI ATC, as they also have no need for AI Aircraft so if you are expecting these types of updates its likely you will always be disappointed. 

If you actually read the update notes, a lot of it is nice updates to the old FSX, updated Airport data, updated global textures, sloped runways and other stuff which will improve the underlying outdated FSX.

Yes it would be nice to improve the flight model and add 2020 Graphics but LM have no need to do that unless its large contractors start demanding it, and even then they will not rush as they are not competing with any other flight sim I really doubt that LM will care if we all swap to 2020 as long as they keep the big contractors on board and 2020 is in no way aimed at them. 

As for the price, $60 every two -  three years is not a lot of money I spend more than that a month on other games and flight sims products and if they keep improving it as they are it will always be a nice alternative to 2020 and maybe do us all a favour and keep the 2020 devs on there toes and make them keep it updated and moving forward as we all know the result of a market with no competition.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Alexander Luzajic
On 4/10/2020 at 9:08 AM, Christoph Sebek said:

Aerosoft said their Airbus are doing quite well in the V5 version. Besides they already had great frames inside the current version.

If you can get them fly.....sure....:P

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
John Brosnan

I will upgrade to V5. I will leave 4.5 as is until things slowly become available and working in V5. I love aviation and flight sims. Been simming since FS98. So when MSFS 2020 comes out I will see how that goes. But until then just keep flying and enjoyB)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
John Brosnan
1 hour ago, Robert Reilly said:

This is a poor statement we as home flight sim users are not there main customer not even near, They mainly deal with defence contracts and big companies who need large scale flight sims to train there pilots in combined ops etc, that's why they are updating water effects and adding drones. I doubt they even care about MSFS2020 as it won't be used by there main customer base who use P3D to simulate warfare etc. That's also why there is no ATC update as again there customers will just use live feed controllers so they have no need for AI ATC, as they also have no need for AI Aircraft so if you are expecting these types of updates its likely you will always be disappointed. 

If you actually read the update notes, a lot of it is nice updates to the old FSX, updated Airport data, updated global textures, sloped runways and other stuff which will improve the underlying outdated FSX.

Yes it would be nice to improve the flight model and add 2020 Graphics but LM have no need to do that unless its large contractors start demanding it, and even then they will not rush as they are not competing with any other flight sim I really doubt that LM will care if we all swap to 2020 as long as they keep the big contractors on board and 2020 is in no way aimed at them. 

As for the price, $60 every two -  three years is not a lot of money I spend more than that a month on other games and flight sims products and if they keep improving it as they are it will always be a nice alternative to 2020 and maybe do us all a favour and keep the 2020 devs on there toes and make them keep it updated and moving forward as we all know the result of a market with no competition.  

You hit the nail on the head! Ive been saying this in other forums. People forget we are a small piece of the pie. The fact Lockheed even makes time for us is amazing in itself. But they do. And they know the passion we have. I'm sure our end has helped them tremendously.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Ramon De Valencia

I will try to express my opinion below:

I have been running my p3d with FPS locked at 30 for almost 3 years now. I upgrade my pc and spent like usd2k just to be able to increase one notch some of scenery and terrain distances. And now for aprox usd60-70 LM is giving me the possibility to enhance my visual, be able to look further in the same machine with the same add-ons? man, this is a no-brainer.

Yes, I am also excited with MFS2020 but in the meantime this is a great upgrade. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
ALESSANDRO ANILE






Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
David Porrett
13 hours ago, Artur Araripe said:

Not hating on it or anything

Well, you are really. As others have pointed out, we're lucky to have any skin in the game at all, and when I think back to the early days of flight sim and what we had then, it's not a bad bit of skin.

I think most complaints these days about perceived "reality" in sims come from people who haven't seen how far we've come since those early days running early FS versions on a Commodore 64.

Had you told me then what we would have today, I wouldn't have believed you - even in this new version of P3D that people have too easily spurned as not up to their standard compared to the other one that very few have seen "in the field".

I'll be getting v5.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
ALESSANDRO ANILE

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 on the ground they are all satellite images, they have nothing to do with Prepar3d V5, it is an unprecedented simulator



Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk

This topic is turning into a meme. 

If you like the look of V5..Buy it, If you don't then...don't buy it 

If you're waiting out for 2020..wait for it.

Simples (insert meercat noise) 

The sniping at eachother about each sim is just pointless & silly. Then again, i knew this meme would happen when v5 was announced so i'm not surprised 

 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Artur Araripe
12 hours ago, Robert Reilly said:

This is a poor statement we as home flight sim users are not there main customer not even near, They mainly deal with defence contracts and big companies who need large scale flight sims to train there pilots in combined ops etc, that's why they are updating water effects and adding drones. I doubt they even care about MSFS2020 as it won't be used by there main customer base who use P3D to simulate warfare etc. That's also why there is no ATC update as again there customers will just use live feed controllers so they have no need for AI ATC, as they also have no need for AI Aircraft so if you are expecting these types of updates its likely you will always be disappointed. 

 

Yes it would be nice to improve the flight model and add 2020 Graphics but LM have no need to do that unless its large contractors start demanding it, and even then they will not rush as they are not competing with any other flight sim I really doubt that LM will care if we all swap to 2020 as long as they keep the big contractors on board and 2020 is in no way aimed at them. 

 

The only thing they needed to add is proper multithreading. Graphics are a bonus. It doesn't matter if it looks good or bad as long as it performs well enough, which is clearly not the case and once again they prioritized something else rather than doing such, which would improve performance tremendously for all tiers of simmers, even the said big companies that need a good sim for training. That was the whole point of my post. They once again ignored the key element that would really make a tremendous difference. 

Whether they care or not about casuals, or whether they focus on companies a lot more, doesn't make multithreading any less important and it's completely valid to bring that up. It's 2020, not early 2010s, where such thing was still acceptable.

And if they don't really care about mere casuals, why do they even bother with showcasing and partnering with news websites that only target the casual simmers, and addon developers that only cater the casual public? It's a small market, it most certainly is, but Lockheed isn't dumb and know their value. Otherwise, why would they do such things? We mean a lot more to them than you think. 

 

7 hours ago, David Porrett said:

Well, you are really. As others have pointed out, we're lucky to have any skin in the game at all, and when I think back to the early days of flight sim and what we had then, it's not a bad bit of skin.

I think most complaints these days about perceived "reality" in sims come from people who haven't seen how far we've come since those early days running early FS versions on a Commodore 64.

Had you told me then what we would have today, I wouldn't have believed you - even in this new version of P3D that people have too easily spurned as not up to their standard compared to the other one that very few have seen "in the field".

I'll be getting v5.

Am I? Criticizing the fact that they haven't implemented multithreading yet in a 2020 software is considered hate? I didn't complain one bit about visuals, either. v5 looks fine. The videos are out there, it looks superb, as long as you can spend 3 thousand dollars, because it needs something 5x as powerful as it would originally be needed if they had implemented good multicore rendering to begin with. That was the only point I was trying to make.

The problem with P3D was never which API it was running on, but the fact that it doesn't make good use of the CPU threads. You could achieve a lot more with less if they had considered it beforehand. It would also lay out a perfect foundation to be improved on with a lot of nvidia proprietary stuff and all that stuff that we enjoy. 

And it's clear how far we have come in graphics. But that doesn't matter if processing wise we are still stuck in 2006. 

Just think about how much better our beloved study level addons would run if p3d made proper use of all cores, in a balanced fashion, without unloading all the hard work on core 0 and 2. 

And yea, fair enough. I wouldn't have believed either. The sole fact that we can now play around with a complete and fully functional study level Airbus A320 was something unthinkable 20 years ago. Even today, It's safe to say that it's still a challenge, hence why FSL reigns supreme. Squeezing dozens of redundant systems, accurate 3d models, fantastic sounds and flight dynamics into a simulator software is a feat and a half. Even more so considering the platform it runs on. Mad respect. 

I really didn't mean to hate on P3D or anything. I was just trying to make a point. Sorry for causing trouble. It was definitely not the purpose. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Ramon De Valencia
3 hours ago, Artur Araripe said:

The only thing they needed to add is proper multithreading. Graphics are a bonus. It doesn't matter if it looks good or bad as long as it performs well enough, which is clearly not the case and once again they prioritized something else rather than doing such, which would improve performance tremendously for all tiers of simmers, even the said big companies that need a good sim for training. That was the whole point of my post. They once again ignored the key element that would really make a tremendous difference. 

Whether they care or not about casuals, or whether they focus on companies a lot more, doesn't make multithreading any less important and it's completely valid to bring that up. It's 2020, not early 2010s, where such thing was still acceptable.

And if they don't really care about mere casuals, why do they even bother with showcasing and partnering with news websites that only target the casual simmers, and addon developers that only cater the casual public? It's a small market, it most certainly is, but Lockheed isn't dumb and know their value. Otherwise, why would they do such things? We mean a lot more to them than you think. 

 

Am I? Criticizing the fact that they haven't implemented multithreading yet in a 2020 software is considered hate? I didn't complain one bit about visuals, either. v5 looks fine. The videos are out there, it looks superb, as long as you can spend 3 thousand dollars, because it needs something 5x as powerful as it would originally be needed if they had implemented good multicore rendering to begin with. That was the only point I was trying to make.

The problem with P3D was never which API it was running on, but the fact that it doesn't make good use of the CPU threads. You could achieve a lot more with less if they had considered it beforehand. It would also lay out a perfect foundation to be improved on with a lot of nvidia proprietary stuff and all that stuff that we enjoy. 

And it's clear how far we have come in graphics. But that doesn't matter if processing wise we are still stuck in 2006. 

Just think about how much better our beloved study level addons would run if p3d made proper use of all cores, in a balanced fashion, without unloading all the hard work on core 0 and 2. 

And yea, fair enough. I wouldn't have believed either. The sole fact that we can now play around with a complete and fully functional study level Airbus A320 was something unthinkable 20 years ago. Even today, It's safe to say that it's still a challenge, hence why FSL reigns supreme. Squeezing dozens of redundant systems, accurate 3d models, fantastic sounds and flight dynamics into a simulator software is a feat and a half. Even more so considering the platform it runs on. Mad respect. 

I really didn't mean to hate on P3D or anything. I was just trying to make a point. Sorry for causing trouble. It was definitely not the purpose. 

 

 

 

 

If I run P3D without any add-on I can achieve 60fps at 4k with sliders all the way to the right. That is optimum performance.

If you start adding stuff, some of them not really well optimized, you can’t blame P3D.

Just like flytampa EKCH, V1 I could NOT get more than 26fps, they have lunched v2 with a lot extra stuff and my fps are 30 and smooth like never. and it is the same p3d v4.5hf2

So, is it fair to blame p3d?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Harry Westbury

From what I have seen of V5 so far (some Twitch streamers have previewed it and the youtube videos from Rob) the multi core usage is far better than v4, they have made significant optimisations to the software and done a great job in my opinion.  I don't get how people can make negative comments about something that they have not even tried especially when they have no idea what they are on about :D

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Patrick Hildebrand

Also PMDG is giving a Statement to all users due to V5. It seems that FSLabs is the only developer without a statement about V5 actually 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Artur Araripe
58 minutes ago, Ramon De Valencia said:

If I run P3D without any add-on I can achieve 60fps at 4k with sliders all the way to the right. That is optimum performance.

If you start adding stuff, some of them not really well optimized, you can’t blame P3D.

Just like flytampa EKCH, V1 I could NOT get more than 26fps, they have lunched v2 with a lot extra stuff and my fps are 30 and smooth like never. and it is the same p3d v4.5hf2

So, is it fair to blame p3d?

 

With stock content, anything performs well. Even FSX :P

37 minutes ago, Harry Westbury said:

the multi core usage is far better than v4

That's good news! Let's see how it's gonna translate into complex payware aircraft. Probably not twice as much like the default A321 but maybe 10 extra fps? 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
I.fi.kra.tis.Ka.me.ni.dis
37 minutes ago, Patrick Hildebrand said:

Also PMDG is giving a Statement to all users due to V5. It seems that FSLabs is the only developer without a statement about V5 actually 

No, its not the only developer without a statement for V5. I haven't heard something from TFDi, Qualitywings, CaptainSim, JustFlight

But for sure, after PMDG's statement today,  FSLabs is the biggest absent so far. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
James Lynch

Look im sure once FSlabs want to release a statement on it they will, just like anything else. 

 

Just wait patiently until they do, enjoy your easter weekend, enjoy the nice weather albeit in your own gardens. Fly somewhere on P3D V4 with the fslabs. Do something to take your mind off it.

PS dont forget to wash your hands :)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Artur Araripe

I mean, it's not like they are not gonna make a version for v5, eventually :D

P3D without fslabs is like easter without easter eggs :P

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...