duartevieira

P3d v5 releasing on the 14th of April good news

Marc Stanford

Can't tell if it's the SL or fence variant.

Mark Roberts
15 minutes ago, Dean Johnston said:

My ‘Enhanced atmosphere’ beta clouds turned off in-sim . It’s my screenshot 

delete

1 minute ago, Marc Stanford said:

Not sure but maybe the SL cause of what’s on the wheel well. Could be wrong

Rado Rabatin

look at ground/surface and you will realize it is v5 :-),

Rado

Andrew Wilson
36 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

That's our wing-tip fence PBR A320-X in P3D v5, sporting some improved night lighting we've added. 

• Like 8

Mark Roberts
6 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

That's our wing-tip fence PBR A320-X in P3D v5, sporting some improved night lighting we've added. 

Looking amazing. If I buy 5 more copies of the A320 I’ll own six and I think that’s enough to beta test her in V5 :p, just kidding keep up the great work guys. Hope it won’t be too long although I’m sure the hotfix incoming doesn’t help

Ramon De Valencia

Just waiting for my buses practicing my soft skills.2020-4-23_20-23-13-261.thumb.jpg.bbbe67cb54d80bd5e7e86301f7f4b5e1.jpg

Endrit Palushi

Looks great!

Have there been any updates to the wing flex at all? Also will it have the option to remove or set brake fans for further customisation?

David Norfolk
15 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Is the night lighting improved because of what v5 had to offer or was this something you created?

Marc Stanford

I think we found our hype thread boys.

Koen Meier
Just now, David Norfolk said:

Is the night lighting improved because of what v5 had to offer or was this something you created?

probably the LED lighting

Andrew Wilson
1 minute ago, Koen Meier said:

probably the LED lighting

LED is only on the sharks. 

We've reworked a lot of the night lighting - added some new immersive features which look great in v5.

• Like 7

Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

We've reworked a lot of the night lighting - added some new immersive features which look great in v5.

ah great.

Marc Stanford
6 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Does that mean you worked on the night lighting in the cockpit too? Cant wait for the Sharpies in v4!

Christoph Sebek

Sweet looking shot. :wub:

David Norfolk

Thanks for the clear up, looking forward to seeing her in V5!

Mark Roberts
13 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

I think we found our hype thread boys.

Hype Hype it up

Andrew Wilson
Just now, Marc Stanford said:

Does that mean you worked on the night lighting in the cockpit too? Cant wait for the Sharpies in v4!

Yes for the 320-SL and 321-SL all lights (cockpit/cabin/external) were re-done (LED with correct warmup/cool down times).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Marc Stanford
1 minute ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Yes for the 320-SL and 321-SL all lights (cockpit/cabin/external) were re-done (LED with correct warmup/cool down times).

That's great to hear Norman, the team is making excellent progress. Can't wait to have the new airframes hopefully before this summer.

• Haha 1

Norman Blackburn
1 minute ago, Marc Stanford said:

That's great to hear Norman, the team is making excellent progress.

@Andrew Wilson will make sure I'm incarcerated for that!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Koen Meier
4 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

wow.

Marc Stanford
2 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

@Andrew Wilson will make sure I'm incarcerated for that!

Just make sure you give us the Sharklets then you go to the dungeon. 

JK the Sharklets is the dungeon.

• Like 1

Mark Roberts

Man I would give my first unborn child for all of this in V5

David Norfolk

Curious to findout how better she performs in v5 in terms if smoothness and fps. V4 took a punch but managed well

Just now, Mark Roberts said:

Man I would give my first unborn child for all of this in V5

You need help mark:lol:

• Haha 4

Marc Stanford
1 minute ago, David Norfolk said:

Curious to findout how better she performs in v5 in terms if smoothness and fps. V4 took a punch but managed well

Plot twist, the Sharklets is the unborn child.

• Like 1

Mark Roberts
8 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

I am just joking, No kids here and no plans for any with the wife for a long time. Seeing all this stuff for V5 is driving me crazy lol.

• Haha 2

Marvin Toepfer
13 minutes ago, Mark Roberts said:

I am just joking, No kids here and no plans for any with the wife for a long time. Seeing all this stuff for V5 is driving me crazy lol.

...and especially no time for kids after that release :D

Marvin Toepfer

but thanks to social distancing, a lot of us are not in danger to become a dad :wacko:

Mark Roberts
13 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

...and especially no time for kids after that release :D

Nope. I plan on flying 24/7 whether the wife likes it or not. So @Andrew Wilson @Norman Blackburn the sooner the better if you catch my drift.

• Haha 3

Paolo Basta

What  a beauty she is, PBR and all can't wait to fly her :D 

Brian McCumiskey

So hype for this update. I turned off the enhanced atmospherics and got tons of VRAM back. So I'm just gonna keep it off and keep my weather at full and wait until they fix the VRAM. So basically it will look like V4 with better performance

Christoph Sebek
15 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Alone reading THIS sounds very promising and exciting. :wub:

Kai-Uwe Weiss

I think we have to wait for the hotfix next week. Because this will have another versionnumber of prepar3d.exe like now I'm sure there won't be a release before  to avoid a twice compiling.

• Like 1

Markus Burkhard
6 hours ago, Brian McCumiskey said:

... until they fix the VRAM.

There is no magic fix for VRAM. Yes, LM did say they had found a bug related to VRAM, but solving that will not magically half the VRAM usage of your P3Dv5. It will help a little bit, but it won't change the fundamental design of the sim in DX12.

It is what it is, more work offloaded to the GPU, resulting in a different handling of VRAM (but giving us a massive improvement in FPS at the same time).

This not necessarily a bad thing, it simply means you can't install all the highest-texture-size add-on textures to the sim, slam all sliders to full right and think it will work with 4GB of VRAM on your graphics card. 
Some scenery developers might be caught by this, having carelessly placed 4K textures everywhere, even if it meant to exit your aircraft and walk right to the terminal wall to actually see the full resolution rendered. Things like that do have consequences in v5. But having said that, if you have 8GB on your video card, you should be fine.

• Like 9

Riccardo Masia

I have 11! :D

David Norfolk
53 minutes ago, Markus Burkhard said:

There is no magic fix for VRAM. Yes, LM did say they had found a bug related to VRAM, but solving that will not magically half the VRAM usage of your P3Dv5. It will help a little bit, but it won't change the fundamental design of the sim in DX12.

It is what it is, more work offloaded to the GPU, resulting in a different handling of VRAM (but giving us a massive improvement in FPS at the same time).

This not necessarily a bad thing, it simply means you can't install all the highest-texture-size add-on textures to the sim, slam all sliders to full right and think it will work with 4GB of VRAM on your graphics card. 
Some scenery developers might be caught by this, having carelessly placed 4K textures everywhere, even if it meant to exit your aircraft and walk right to the terminal wall to actually see the full resolution rendered. Things like that do have consequences in v5. But having said that, if you have 8GB on your video card, you should be fine.

Interesting read 

Stewart Cumbers

It’s a good excuse to say to the wife that you need a new graphics card :)

• Like 2

Mark Roberts
9 minutes ago, Riccardo Masia said:

I have 11! :D

Same :) and I plan on getting a 20gb 3080 or 3080ti when those drops

1 minute ago, Stewart Cumbers said:

It’s a good excuse to say to the wife that you need a new graphics card :)

Go for it!

Miguel Leandro
1 hour ago, Markus Burkhard said:

So FSLabs doesn't need to wait the HF. Just release the A320 update this weekend... :D

• Like 1

Mark Roberts
6 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Interesting read 

I can agree, there are going to be people frustrated still after this hotfix comes out. They think that LM can fix the Vram usage on a whim. Unfortunately it’s not gonna happen and those with lower GPU will have to upgrade or lower settings. I’ll be interested to see what active sky and fslabs/PMDG bring. Maybe a dev can comment if they see a big spike in vram usage with the labs in v5 or is it pretty manageable with those 8/11gb cards.

Mark Roberts
Just now, Miguel Leandro said:

So FSLabs doesn't need to wait the HF. Just release the A320 update this weekend... :D

They will probably wait otherwise they have to update it right after the hotfix to work anyways. I think if hotfix release early this next week we will see it end of the same week or early the next week along with hopefully PMDG/active sky. I am just taking screenshots now because of the invisible wall glitch and no airliners that are fully v5 updated.

Miguel Leandro
1 minute ago, Mark Roberts said:

They will probably wait otherwise they have to update it right after the hotfix to work anyways. I think if hotfix release early this next week we will see it end of the same week or early the next week along with hopefully PMDG/active sky. I am just taking screenshots now because of the invisible wall glitch and no airliners that are fully v5 updated.

Yeah, i know, just was joking...

Mark Roberts
18 minutes ago, Miguel Leandro said:

Yeah, i know, just was joking...

Sorry it’s been a long 6 weeks working from home and I can finally escape back to the office Monday. 

• Haha 1

Harry Westbury

If people actually tested the same settings in v4 they would see very similar VRAM usage (without the VRAM issues LM have acknowledged) It sadly seems to be any excuse to blame something else other than the fact that your settings are too high (unpopular opinion I know) :P

• Like 1

David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Harry Westbury said:

If people actually tested the same settings in v4 they would see very similar VRAM usage (without the VRAM issues LM have acknowledged) It sadly seems to be any excuse to blame something else other than the fact that your settings are too high (unpopular opinion I know) :P

i'm using the same settings as v4. not a single out of vram error. it doesn't help they ram up the settings & clog it with planes that don't work with v5 properly.

• Like 2

Rafal Haczek
23 hours ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

but thanks to social distancing, a lot of us are not in danger to become a dad

Or quite the opposite!  ;)

• Haha 2