duartevieira

P3d v5 releasing on the 14th of April good news

Luis Ehrt

I ask myselfe... which version will be released ealier: FSL A3xx for FS2020 or for P3D V5

LOL

Koen Meier
20 minutes ago, Luis Ehrt said:

I ask myselfe... which version will be released ealier: FSL A3xx for FS2020 or for P3D V5

LOL

not a hard question to ask.

Aurelien Vandoorine
7 hours ago, Rene Schlischka said:

The versionP3D V5 is a completely new simulator.

It's a new version but it's far from being a new simulator. Sure they changed things like the true sky or DirectX12 but under the hood it's still very much the same flight engine, AI, weather and so forth. They just upgrade things incrementaly. It's far less difference from what is shown between FSX and FS2020 which is also based on some parts of the old ESP engine. 

At this moment there are no real new simulator coming this year, appart from Deadstick which is pretty much in its own specific area. All other sims X-Plane and son on are incremntal upgrades of the previous versions.

• Like 2

Bob Zolto

FSElite is running a list of developers who have announced plans for V5.  Most appear to be saying the move will free of charge.  Early days though.

Mikey Miller

FPS has doubled! 

Koen Meier

Also we can see the ram usage. I wasn’t aware we could see that.

Rene Schlischka
4 hours ago, Aurelien Vandoorine said:

The versionP3D V5 is a completely new simulator.

This statement also only referred to the question if it will be a free update from P3Dv4 to P3Dv5.

We all know that it is not a BASIC new simulator, but financially for LM it is. P3Dv5 has to be purchased new. I am also pretty sure that some updates of addons will cost money again.

But whats's on my mind.......

Maybe a beta tester can tell you if you can use old scenery from P3Dv4. I know that an installation is difficult to do, but already installed from the V4 would be a possibility.

My guess is that Sode will put a damper on the whole thing.

I.fi.kra.tis.Ka.me.ni.dis

I see no reason not to upgrade to v5. It's all we have been asking for. Most importantly, DX12 and the performance boost this will give is a huge benefit for complex add-ons such as the FSL Airbuses. 

I am patiently waiting to hear FSL plans.

• Like 4

Koen Meier
7 minutes ago, Ifikratis Kamenidis said:

I see no reason not to upgrade to v5. It's all we have been asking. DX12 and the performance boost this will give is a huge benefit for complex add-ons such as the FSL Airbuses. 

I am patiently waiting to hear FSL plans for P3D v5.

Only when correctly used gives it a boost i believe.

Wilson Ng

39 minutes ago, Michael Miller said:

FPS has doubled! 

Ouch, if that's true, that burns me as I'm struggling on FPS on v4, shuttering on approach etc.

Patrick Hildebrand

Regarding to the test video, does fsl work in V5.?

20 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Only when correctly used gives it a boost i believe.

No reason to be hesitant here. DX12 is a much more efficient way to use modern hardware and it will surely result in increased performance on the same conditions compared to DX11.  

The video above is very impressive. 

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Patrick Hildebrand said:

Regarding to the test video, does fsl work in V5.?

That isnt fslabs cause fslabs doesn't have a livery like that iirc.

Patrick Hildebrand
Just now, Koen Meier said:

That isnt fslabs cause fslabs doesn't have a livery like that iirc.

Oh okay

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Ifikratis Kamenidis said:

No reason to be hesitant here. DX12 is a much more efficient way to use modern hardware and it will surely have increased performance on the same conditions compared to DX11.  

Dx12 is complex that incorrect usage means you dont see the benefits that one desires from it. 

I wouldn't consider myself hesitant.

1 minute ago, Koen Meier said:

Dx12 is complex that incorrect usage means you dont see the benefits that one desires from it. 

I wouldn't consider myself hesitant.

I guess the same argument exists for P3D v4.5 for incorrect usage of DX11.  The general idea here is that DX12 and P3D v5 is a big step forward for FSL users. 

• Like 2

Aurelien Vandoorine
7 minutes ago, Wilson Ng said:

Ouch, if that's true, that burns me as I'm struggling on FPS on v4, shuttering on approach etc.

I'd be waiting to see I'm not sure what aircraft it is but somehow it does not look like to really be one the same settings. The P3Dv4 seems to have a lot more reflection (PBR I guess) going on than on P3Dv5. It's very hard to compare two sims version. Also what would have been a good comparison test would have been at night with Dynamic Lighting and PBR which is really a killer in performances on v4, while the day is much less impacted.

Aurelien Vandoorine
Just now, Ifikratis Kamenidis said:

I guess the same argument exists for P3D v4.5 for incorrect usage of DX11.  The general idea here is that DX12 and P3D v5 is a big step forward for FSL users. 

It's not really the same DirectX 11 still "babysit" the developers. DirectX12 get rids of many things that were done by DirectX and that then must be managed by the developpers. There is much much more changes DirectX11 to DirectX12 than DirectX10 to DirectX 11.

1 minute ago, Aurelien Vandoorine said:

It's not really the same DirectX 11 still "babysit" the developers. DirectX12 get rids of many things that were done by DirectX and that then must be managed by the developpers. There is much much more changes DirectX11 to DirectX12 than DirectX10 to DirectX 11.

That's a good thing. The more narrow the compliance requirements for DX12 the more efficient the add-ons integration in the sim.

Wilson Ng
7 minutes ago, Aurelien Vandoorine said:

I'd be waiting to see I'm not sure what aircraft it is but somehow it does not look like to really be one the same settings. The P3Dv4 seems to have a lot more reflection (PBR I guess) going on than on P3Dv5. It's very hard to compare two sims version. Also what would have been a good comparison test would have been at night with Dynamic Lighting and PBR which is really a killer in performances on v4, while the day is much less impacted.

That's default aircraft as FSDT developer seems never show video with third party aircraft LOL

Well the video description said same setting, Virtuali(GSX developer) was a good guy for not charging their customer for new version release since FSX time, I trust him XD

Christoph Sebek
17 minutes ago, Wilson Ng said:

That's default aircraft as FSDT developer seems never show video with third party aircraft LOL

Well the video description said same setting, Virtuali(GSX developer) was a good guy for not charging their customer for new version release since FSX time, I trust him XD

Yeah if I see double frames on the FSL or PMDG, then this would be a game changer and I’d happy. Default aircraft for display purpose sucks. Does not include in-depth systems nor the looks, so why bother. Plus probably no AI either.

But let‘s see what the real results show when using highly developed payware aircraft.

• Like 1

Wilson Ng
19 minutes ago, Christoph Sebek said:

Yeah if I see double frames on the FSL or PMDG, then this would be a game changer and I’d happy. Default aircraft for display purpose sucks. Does not include in-depth systems nor the looks, so why bother. Plus probably no AI either.

But let‘s see what the real results show when using highly developed payware aircraft.

As long as majority of my addon does not cost me to upgrade., I would't mind paying for 59.99USD for V5 since they provide 14 day refund policy XD If FPS are the same for my setup I gonna click that refund button and stay until MSFS2020 arrive

I never use AI as they always make me go around after few hours flight

3 minutes ago, Christoph Sebek said:

I dont' know what monitor Umberto has, but there is a chance it goes even more than 60 frames and the monitor is 60Hz.

But even there, with a default plane, we are talking +30 frames which is huge. Even if we get 5 or 10 frames more with a complex add-on is big benefit. 

I think there is no reason to doubt that DX12 is amazing news. The only question to me is what is FSL plans. 

Aurelien Vandoorine
44 minutes ago, Christoph Sebek said:

Well it should not be that bad I just made a quicktest with the old KORD in P3Dv4 and the FSLAbs A320X to get a real interesting aircraft, with a good amount of AI on the ground with Ultimate Trafic Live, and clouds which were replaced previously by REX I had a good 45 to 60fps on the ground (after aircraft initialisation in the same kind of shots). Without AI it would be around 60fps consistently. And that's running at 4K resolution for me.

I'm not sure what rig he is using but to be so low with a default aircraft and no AI it must be pretty middle specs.

Lukas Leccese

You’re talking about external view right, Aurelien?

Zsolt Monostori

I am happy that the vast majority of scenery developers including FSDreamteam - who are more than just scenery developers, think of GSX - announced that tha update will be free to those who already own the P3DV4 versions. However, these are not aircraft products. I doubt aircraft products - be it FSLabs, PMDG, Leonardo or others - will be freely updated. Which probably is kind of justified since moving an aircraft with all of its systems to a new sim probably requires them to spend a certain amount of time. So what I am hoping is that the move won't cost us a fortune. Just bought the A321 a couple of days ago. Quite a short lifespan for the bird in my hangar. Did my first flight with it last night, from KORD to KPHX, which was also the last, I won't touch P3DV4 anymore, now that V5 is only 6 days away. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ryan Dunlop

Maddog is coming over for free, Aerosoft too (installers only need updated).

Really everything *should* work with any updates being installer focussed/ taking advantage of the new SDK features - this is based on a number of forums/ p3d forum itself.

It’s strangely quiet from FSLabs?

• Like 4

duartevieira
1 minute ago, Ryan Dunlop said:

Maddog is coming over for free, Aerosoft too (installers only need updated).

Really everything *should* work with any updates being installer focussed/ taking advantage of the new SDK features - this is based on a number of forums/ p3d forum itself.

It’s strangely quiet from FSLabs?

And pmdg 

48 minutes ago, Ryan Dunlop said:

Maddog is coming over for free

Maddog is not coming for free. There will be price difference with the current version, and we'll pay the price difference. However for owners of both the MD82 and MD83/88 version, they give the v5 version of the MD83/MD88 for free if you upgrade to the v5 version of the base package (MD82). 

• Like 1

Eric Fisher

I wonder with FSL if it will be two charges coming, one for sharklet addon and yet another  charge for v5 compatibility.....

duartevieira
19 minutes ago, Eric Fisher said:

I wonder with FSL if it will be two charges coming, one for sharklet addon and yet another  charge for v5 compatibility.....

Just checked fly tampa forum and they have a 17 FPS increase in Sidney airport with all the extra stuff on ex clouds water reflections it’s promising 

• Like 2

Hon-Chun Chan
4 hours ago, Eric Fisher said:

I hope it's a free update, but if it's not free then maybe it's better to have one simple upgrade price for both P3Dv5 & Sharklets. I don't mind prepaying for Sharklets but I really don't want to wait for the P3Dv5 update.

Hai Zhu

Since FSL had the worst compatibility even across P3Dv4 minor version (Most others doing fine even across 4.3~4.4 without PBR), I don't think it will work out-of-box for v5 then....

Christoph Sebek
11 hours ago, Wilson Ng said:

As long as majority of my addon does not cost me to upgrade., I would't mind paying for 59.99USD for V5 since they provide 14 day refund policy XD If FPS are the same for my setup I gonna click that refund button and stay until MSFS2020 arrive

I never use AI as they always make me go around after few hours flight

That‘s true. This is very dependable how much developers were involved into V5 and if immediate patches are ready. As we are talking about a new sim here, it may take a while to adopt, as well as there are chances, that some addons may not work entirely, including sceneries. Depending on the code they used. 

I know that feeling. AI is the most stupidiest thing in FS unfortunately, still acting dumb after all these years. Shame really as it would create a great immersion, good thing there are small developers creating handy tools but the code remains the same.

11 hours ago, Ifikratis Kamenidis said:

I dont' know what monitor Umberto has, but there is a chance it goes even more than 60 frames and the monitor is 60Hz.

But even there, with a default plane, we are talking +30 frames which is huge. Even if we get 5 or 10 frames more with a complex add-on is big benefit. 

I think there is no reason to doubt that DX12 is amazing news. The only question to me is what is FSL plans. 

I agree. Thirty and more is definitely impressive. Each has a different setup however. I know, many will now head for that number and then may be sad because they do not get the same results. But any improvement in certain conditions is always welcome. The trailer video was nice but not that I was blown away. But that‘s just my personal opinion.

10 hours ago, Aurelien Vandoorine said:

Well it should not be that bad I just made a quicktest with the old KORD in P3Dv4 and the FSLAbs A320X to get a real interesting aircraft, with a good amount of AI on the ground with Ultimate Trafic Live, and clouds which were replaced previously by REX I had a good 45 to 60fps on the ground (after aircraft initialisation in the same kind of shots). Without AI it would be around 60fps consistently. And that's running at 4K resolution for me.

I'm not sure what rig he is using but to be so low with a default aircraft and no AI it must be pretty middle specs.

Yeah seeing such a video in both sims would definitely be interesting, to see the differences. FSL is very in-depth simulation and therefore requires more frames but I can absolutely run it fine and smooth without any stutters, that is without 4K resolution though.

8 hours ago, Zsolt Monostori said:

I am happy that the vast majority of scenery developers including FSDreamteam - who are more than just scenery developers, think of GSX - announced that tha update will be free to those who already own the P3DV4 versions. However, these are not aircraft products. I doubt aircraft products - be it FSLabs, PMDG, Leonardo or others - will be freely updated. Which probably is kind of justified since moving an aircraft with all of its systems to a new sim probably requires them to spend a certain amount of time. So what I am hoping is that the move won't cost us a fortune. Just bought the A321 a couple of days ago. Quite a short lifespan for the bird in my hangar. Did my first flight with it last night, from KORD to KPHX, which was also the last, I won't touch P3DV4 anymore, now that V5 is only 6 days away. 

You could fly your bus six more days. Why keep it in the hangar? Only because they announced a release next Tuesday shouldn‘t keep you from enjoying your hobby in the next days, unless you have something else to do of course.

Markus Miller
2 hours ago, Hai Zhu said:

Since FSL had the worst compatibility even across P3Dv4 minor version (Most others doing fine even across 4.3~4.4 without PBR), I don't think it will work out-of-box for v5 then....

Yes unfortunately it took ages every time. But if I remember correctly there was a  post in which it was said that they will speed the process of adapting to a new P3D version up in the future and will not wait for the completition of new features anymore. But dont quote me on that. 

Riccardo Masia

Personally I don't want it to be done quickly, but to be done right. I'm not fully convinced to make the upgrade though. I am quite eager for MFS2020 and what FSL will do there.

ALESSANDRO ANILE

I think that at this moment there is no sense, moving from Prepar3d V4 to V5, in view of such an important event as Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, better to wait, evaluate and then decide.

Alessandro Anile

Koen Meier
11 minutes ago, ALESSANDRO ANILE said:

I think that at this moment there is no sense, moving from Prepar3d V4 to V5, in view of such an important event as Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, better to wait, evaluate and then decide.

Alessandro Anile

that could be a long wait possibly.

16 minutes ago, ALESSANDRO ANILE said:

Alessandro Anile

If P3Dv5 was a new simulator and not backwards compatible, so all developers would had to re-charge for V5 versions, that would be reasonable to do. But given that it is backwards compatible and the majority of developers won't need to charge for updates I see no reason to stay with worse visuals and significantly less performance on v4.5.

ALESSANDRO ANILE

Prepar3d V5, I assume it is not a free update, is a new version that must be bought, I sincerely until I realize Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, I don't spend more money on Prepar3d,
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 are Bing map satellite images, if you fly low in VFR, everything corresponds to reality;
Prepar3d and companies that produce scenarios, stimulate the simmer to make the transition from V4 to V5 a lot, they are in a hurry, this does not convince me, usually those who run, are afraid of something.

Alessandro Anile

Robert Sutherland

I think people are expecting MSFS to be released much sooner than the current stage of testing suggests. It's still only in the Alpha phase, and if you take that as an indicator of how long the Beta phase will take, then you should expect it to take months. 

There's also significant confusion about the detail it'll include. As I said before, not every default airport will be in high detail. There will be something like 100 focus airports which they'll replicate, but the rest are likely to be similar to what we've seen in previews of P3D v5. Which is why, to me, buying addon scenery isn't such a bad investment. Especially for the lesser known locations.  

I'm not suggesting that P3D will be the better option but I do think there's going to be some disappointment when a) MSFS doesn't come as soon as expected, and b) it doesn't have as much detail as is expected. 

• Like 3

Robert Sutherland
1 minute ago, ALESSANDRO ANILE said:

Prepar3d V5, I assume it is not a free update, is a new version that must be bought, I sincerely until I realize Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, I don't spend more money on Prepar3d,
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 are Bing map satellite images, if you fly low in VFR, everything corresponds to reality;
Prepar3d and companies that produce scenarios, stimulate the simmer to make the transition from V4 to V5 a lot, they are in a hurry, this does not convince me, usually those who run, are afraid of something.

Alessandro Anile

I don't think there is a hurry. 

P3D are updating their software along a similar timeline to their usual development cycle. That it comes out X months before MSFS, with no indication of when that might be, is as likely to be coincidental as it is a rush to release. 

You could make the argument that it's because X-Plane are releasing their Vulcan platform as a Beta. Again, totally coincidental. 

• Like 1

John Tavendale

MSFS is months and months away. Even then, it's an entirely new engine, so it's going to be a simple task of adapting existing addons.

We're at least 12 months away from seeing any high quality aircraft in that sim.

• Like 2

ALESSANDRO ANILE

We do not know anything, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, could come out quickly and displace everyone, I remain of my opinion it is better to wait, then everyone decides according to their beliefs..

Alessandro Anile

Robert Sutherland
22 minutes ago, ALESSANDRO ANILE said:

We do not know anything, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, could come out quickly and displace everyone, I remain of my opinion it is better to wait, then everyone decides according to their beliefs..

Alessandro Anile

What we do know is that it's still only in the alpha phase of testing, which suggests it's not anywhere near ready for publication. 

• Like 2