duartevieira

P3d v5 releasing on the 14th of April good news

Christian Amadeo Oliveira Araujo

we'll have to wait one way or another. As long as Active Sky ain't updated or any other form of live weather there is no use of any airliner flight within v5.

S_r_d_a_n  K_o_s_t_i_c

Is there some timeline when we could expect v5 compatibility? Asking only because I got an 1 month dev license to first evaluate the sim.

• Like 1

Errais abdeljalil

no fs2020??

• Haha 1

Patrick Hildebrand

Am I Right that the sharklets will also work in 4.5?

• Like 1

Mark Roberts
2 minutes ago, S_r_d_a_n K_o_s_t_i_c said:

Is there some timeline when we could expect v5 compatibility? Asking only because I got an 1 month dev license to first evaluate the sim.

They weren’t very clear imo if the updates for 4.5 and 5 will drop at the same time or if we will be delayed for V5 while 4.5 comes out

• Like 1

David Norfolk

at a guess, 4.5 asap then v5 when stable 

• Like 3

duartevieira
14 minutes ago, Alex Pugh said:

It's no longer an expansion. It's a more expensive standalone product. We're going to be paying $130+ for this.

It’s worth every penny anyway 

Danny Moore
5 minutes ago, Patrick Hildebrand said:

Am I Right that the sharklets will also work in 4.5?

I've also asked but no response. Probably lost in all the message traffic. 

Mark Roberts
1 minute ago, David Norfolk said:

at a guess, 4.5 asap then v5 when stable 

I wish I had 4.5 installed still. I had to wipe windows for another reason and with v5 I didn’t reinstall it. You guys will have to let me know how they are in 4.5 while we wait for v5 lol

Stephen Ellis

That EFB B)B)

• Like 2

David Norfolk
Just now, Mark Roberts said:

I wish I had 4.5 installed still. I had to wipe windows for another reason and with v5 I didn’t reinstall it. You guys will have to let me know how they are in 4.5 while we wait for v5 lol

ahh man, that sucks 

• Sad 1

Nizar Thabti
24 minutes ago, Shane Srenaski said:

Also, side question...is the A320-X and A321-X also getting the option SATCOMs for the models as well, or is that only for the Sharklet package?

I'd be interested in that as well.

Cheers

Mark Roberts
Just now, David Norfolk said:

ahh man, that sucks 

It’s all good. I’ll probably fly PMDG once those are out. I can be hopeful v4 and v5 drop at the same time but I doubt it, I can only hope. I will buy the sharklets though day one even if they aren’t out for v5 so I can show my support

David Norfolk

coming weeks <3 cannot wait to see them sharkies! good update

• Like 1

Andrew Wilson

Just to answer some quick questions: 

Everything will be compatible with both v4.5/v5. 

We'll update the existing titles to v4.5 HF3 in the coming days. 

The updates for the A320/A321/A319 will follow for v5 - there is some significant work to be done here.

The new Sharklet expansion product will then follow.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

Patrick Hildebrand

coming weeks <3 cannot wait to see them sharkies! good update

comming weeks will be the updates. Sharklets later I guess

Steven Silva
I wonder, will it be long before I can have this? 

Koen Meier
29 minutes ago, Shane Srenaski said:

So is the Sharkelts update coming next or the A320-X update coming next?

The A320-X was listed first on the roadmap but the A320/A321 Sharklets mentions relasing in the coming weeks. 

Also, side question...is the A320-X and A321-X also getting the option SATCOMs for the models as well, or is that only for the Sharklet package?

Thanks!

If you read carefully a possible release order a320 then a321 then a319 then the SL.

it could be likely that the SL will have exclusive features like the a319/321 had when those were released respectively.

James Lynch

Im so glad I jumped the gun and installed V5 and uninstalled v4 

Christoph Sebek

Geez, the sharklets are huge. Best article tonight.

Thanks for the update, looking forward to it. :wub:

• Like 2

David Norfolk

i am dumb as hell. so P4DH3, then A319-A321 update stuffs then V5 updates then sharks or isit sharks then v5 updates so am confused to nut 

• Confused 1

Artur Araripe

i am dumb as hell. so P4DH3, then A319-A321 update stuffs then V5 updates then sharks or isit sharks then v5 updates so am confused to nut 

v4.5 hf3 and v5 updates, new a319/a320 (pbr and stuff), then sharklets. Apparently.

Mark Roberts

Same here, I feel like I can’t think straight.

the way I see it is v4.5hF3 for current stuff

Then V4.5/V5 A319/320/321 updates and then sharklets for both. 

or it could be everything comes for v4.5 first then 5 later but im on your struggle bus

Stu Antonio

Wow, the SL update is exciting, finally an EFB!!! Can't wait! Thanks FSL!

Shane Srenaski

I asked the same thing. The Sharklets are listed as last but there was mention of Sharklets in the coming weeks.

David Norfolk
Just now, Shane Srenaski said:

I asked the same thing. The Sharklets are listed as last but there was mention of Sharklets in the coming weeks.

yeah legit, like whats the order there doing it in kek

Mark Roberts
2 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

yeah legit, like whats the order there doing it in kek

It’s still not clear to me if v4.5 for the pbr updates etc and sharklets will be done then once 4.5 sharklets are done it’s back to  V5 pbr etc and then v5 sharklets or if each part of the “update” will come for both at the same time

Tristan Leski

That EFB stuff looks promising.

However I feel a bit disappointed by the annoucement though... don't know if I am the only one having that feeling. As a sum up I understood:

- Sharklets will be released as a new product

- The P3Dv5 upgrade will be free of charge

- A319/320/321 will be updated to correct some bugs, as it is already the case

My first reaction was : "That delay (compared to other devs) was not worth it.". As many of us, I was expecting some deadlines, at least to expect if I would move to V5 within days, weeks or months. Let be honnest, knowing that the FMGCS has been updated to v8 will not be a key for most of the customers. Because, yes, again as many of us, the FSLA320 is a key to know if I should move to the new sim or not. Actually the biggest information in the anouncement was the A320 available in v5, and for free of charge which is indeed a very good news.

No doubt I will buy the Sharklets version, but still a bit disappointed, guess I expected too much which is 100% my fault :)  

Anyway keep up the very good work you are doing guys to let us be closer and closer to the real aircraft ^_^

David Norfolk
2 minutes ago, Mark Roberts said:

It’s still not clear to me if v4.5 for the pbr updates etc and sharklets will be done then once 4.5 sharklets are done it’s back to  V5 pbr etc and then v5 sharklets or if each part of the “update” will come for both at the same time

i'm reading it as in this order:

4.5 PBR 319-321 

4.5 Sharklets 

V5 updates (when stable) 

but i think andys  meaning it as v5 first then sharklets 

Mark Roberts

i'm reading it as in this order:

4.5 PBR 319-321 

4.5 Sharklets 

V5 updates (when stable) 

but i think andys doing meaning it as v5 first then sharklets after v5 

I figured that’s the case but hope it may be wrong as well. I don’t want to reinstall 4.5 etc just for couple of weeks/months. 

guess I will check back this summer then for v5. No Offense towards anybody 

David Norfolk
Just now, Mark Roberts said:

I figured that’s the case but hope it may be wrong as well. I don’t want to reinstall 4.5 etc just for couple of weeks/months

i'll make a new topic on it. seems to be confusing alot of people 

• Like 1

David Gray

you got love our group.  We are all the same.  

Developer:  Here are the great new things that are coming, we just aren't sure exactly when they will be ready.  

Us:  Great.  We know you can't say exactly when, but do you know when?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

John Barnes
2 minutes ago, Tristan Leski said:

However I feel a bit disappointed by the annoucement though... don't know if I am the only one having that feeling. As a sum up I understood:

My first reaction was : "That delay (compared to other devs) was not worth it.". As many of us, I was expecting some deadlines, at least to expect if I would move to V5 within days, weeks or months. Because, yes, again as many of us, the FSLA320 is a key to know if I should move to the new sim or not. Actually the biggest information in the anouncement was the A320 available in v5, and for free of charge which is indeed a very good news.

No doubt I will buy the Sharklets version, but still a bit disappointed, guess I expected too much which is 100% my fault :)  

Anyway keep up the very good work you are doing guys to let us be closer and closer to the real aircraft ^_^

You forgot to mention the PBR textures. The software updates. The DCDU  addition and maybe something else I missed.

"just a few bugs" ????

• Like 1

Andrew Wilson

1) P3D v4.5HF3 compatibility update for A319/A320/A321 - no new features added. 

2) A320-X v4.5/v5 update (PBR, CPDLC, S8 etc)

3) A321-X v4.5/v5 update (PBR updates)

3) A319-X v4.5/v5 update (See above for A320-X)

4) A320-X/A321-X SL expansion title release for v4.5/v5 with EFB/Satcom and other new features mentioned

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

Robert Sutherland
35 minutes ago, Errais abdeljalil said:

no fs2020??

It’s still only in alpha development so why would FSLabs announce support for it now? 

• Like 1

Julian Vögt
1 minute ago, Andrew Wilson said:

4) A320-X/A321-X SL expansion title release for v4.5/v5 with EFB/Satcom and other new features mentioned

Thank you Andy ! :)

• Like 1

David Norfolk
2 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Makes much more sense! cheers bud

Robert Sutherland
9 minutes ago, Tristan Leski said:

My first reaction was : "That delay (compared to other devs) was not worth it.". As many of us, I was expecting some deadlines, at least to expect if I would move to V5 within days, weeks or months. Let be honnest, knowing that the FMGCS has been updated to v8 will not be a key for most of the customers. Because, yes, again as many of us, the FSLA320 is a key to know if I should move to the new sim or not. Actually the biggest information in the anouncement was the A320 available in v5, and for free of charge which is indeed a very good news.

How many aircraft developers have given deadlines?

PMDG haven’t.

Qualitywings haven’t.

Leonardo haven’t.

Why should FSLabs give deadlines when it’s not absolutely clear what they’re dealing with?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Alexander Luzajic
1 hour ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Trust me, you didn't.  Even if you have it installed, its not working.

lol......

• Haha 1

Alexander Luzajic
11 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

You see, how nice you are....

• Like 1

David Gray

another question i have.  I'm in process of migrating to V5.  But intend on having V4.5 for a while. I wonder if we can take advantage of the new V4.5 updates WITHOUT applying the hotfix that just came out.  I don't see any features I really want and I know of people who have had scenery issues with these.  

• Like 1

Andrew Wilson
2 minutes ago, David Gray said:

another question i have.  I'm in process of migrating to V5.  But intend on having V4.5 for a while. I wonder if we can take advantage of the new V4.5 updates WITHOUT applying the hotfix that just came out.  I don't see any features I really want and I know of people who have had scenery issues with these.  

That should be fine David.

• Like 3