Jump to content
duartevieira

P3d v5 releasing on the 14th of April good news

Recommended Posts

Mark Roberts

Hopefully going from V4.5 to 5 will be faster than 3.4 to 4.

But I imagine with Covid 19 and all things will take weeks if not longer before they drop in V5 depending on how much work is needed.

Share this post


Link to post
duartevieira
Just now, Mark Roberts said:

Hopefully going from V4.5 to 5 will be faster than 3.4 to 4.

But I imagine with Covid 19 and all things will take weeks if not longer before they drop in V5 depending on how much work is needed.

This has been in beta testing for months 

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier

We still have a bunch of addon makers who need to update their products. So we are a good few months away from a smooth running sim.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Pascal Ad

I agree... Its pain to re-configure everything and to update everything. I literally cant wait, kappa.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Mark Roberts
6 minutes ago, duartevieira said:

This has been in beta testing for months 

I thought it was said here at one point they dont really get early beta access but I could be wrong. I know even if they do that all of FSLABS beta testers etc do not and so you are at least a few weeks out at the minimum before it would come out. Hopefully since its all 64 bit that will cut down on time but I remember it was months before any big names had things updated for airplanes.

Share this post


Link to post
duartevieira
15 minutes ago, Mark Roberts said:

I thought it was said here at one point they dont really get early beta access but I could be wrong. I know even if they do that all of FSLABS beta testers etc do not and so you are at least a few weeks out at the minimum before it would come out. Hopefully since its all 64 bit that will cut down on time but I remember it was months before any big names had things updated for airplanes.

I never said fs labs did  LM as been testing this for months and if it’s to improve the sim  it’s more than welcome 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Marvin Toepfer

looking forward to threads where people instantly upgraded to the new version and complaining about FSL not working:lol:

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

Share this post


Link to post
Harry Westbury

It may not be revolutionary but it's a step in the right direction. I am excited to see what DX12 brings and how the new visuals look. After all we could be waiting a long time for any addons to be brought across to FS2020. Hopefully FSLabs can release some information to us :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Danny Moore

Hopefully any FSLabs updates currently in works will work on the current P3Dv4.5.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
Just now, Danny Moore said:

Hopefully any FSLabs updates currently in works will work on the current P3Dv4.5.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think it is save to assume the current version of v4 is supported.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
duartevieira

It’s just a no win situation with some people if they update they get criticised if they don’t they still get criticised and this goes to all the developers not just Lm why dont you just all wait to hear from the developers and Lm itself  to see what it brings to the table instead of making assumptions 

Share this post


Link to post
Christos Kyrou

Argh! Just when you get everything finely tuned and working... :ph34r:

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Marvin Toepfer

By the way...who's landing is it in the trailer with that Cessna? The insurance is asking....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk

I just cant be dealing with these upgrade things. I'm hoping this isnt the case 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Mark Roberts

Looks like Devs have been involved in beta. It wasnt specified but it gives me hope it will only be a few weeks after launch for updates.

 

Our third parties have been using the beta version of v5 to make these adjustments and quickly release their v5 versions near our launch.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
David Reage
46 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

By the way...who's landing is it in the trailer with that Cessna? The insurance is asking....

Had the same thought, that’s going to need an inspection!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Robin Locher

We do not have to update so fast

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Kristoffer Rivedal
5 minutes ago, Robin Locher said:

https://www.prepar3d.com/news/2019/04/115244/

To install the Prepar3D v4.5 Client, you must first uninstall the previous Prepar3D v4.0/v4.1/v4.2/v4.3/v4.4 Client through Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel. Do not deactivate your license when prompted. If you selected to deactivate your license during uninstallation of your current Client, your will be prompted to reactivate Prepar3D. Please view the Prepar3D v4 Download and Installation Instructions for more information.

 

So will it cost?

That's 4.5 not 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Robin Locher

My mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Christos Kyrou

The video released looks by far worse than my setup as is on V4.5 with REX, Orbx, ActiveSky, etc etc a whole fortune invested in my hard drive. I think nice try but too little too late and unless V5 can be installed over V4.5 which I doubt I'm keep my money for FS2020 and that after FSLabs has released their compatible aircraft and not a day earlier - whenever that may be; no rush.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Wilson Ng
6 minutes ago, Christos Kyrou said:

The video released looks by far worse than my setup as is on V4.5 with REX, Orbx, ActiveSky, etc etc a whole fortune invested in my hard drive. I think nice try but too little too late and unless V5 can be installed over V4.5 which I doubt I'm keep my money for FS2020 and that after FSLabs has released their compatible aircraft and not a day earlier - whenever that may be; no rush.

+1

Unless upgrade to V5 cost as little as 5bucks and FS2020 still way far from release LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Rene Schlischka

The versionP3D V5 is a completely new simulator.
Updates are only possible in one version, that is P3DV4.x to P3D V4.Y 

Version 5 starts a new update cycle.

However, version P3Dv5 can be installed on the same PC as version P3Dv4 and operated completely separately.

Much more interesting I find the question, will it be possible to use my FLSABS in both versions with the same key if the PC is the same. @Lefteris Kalamaras

An immediate switch on the day of release has never been a good idea. Wait until FSLABS comments on it and other addon developers like HIFI or other compatible versions are released.

Even if developers have had beta versions for a long time, it doesn't mean that LM hasn't made last-minute changes. So it will also take a few days until we will see the first updates of addons.

Rene

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Patrick Hildebrand

I will hope that upcoming Updates by FSL incl Sharklets will Support V4.5 alswell.

I will not spend money for a V5 so I would not be able to buy Sharklets etc

Share this post


Link to post
Philipp Schwaegerl
3 minutes ago, Patrick Hildebrand said:

I will hope that upcoming Updates by FSL incl Sharklets will Support V4.5 alswell.

I will not spend money for a V5 so I would not be able to buy Sharklets etc

Same here. v5 doesn't trigger me at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Patrick Hildebrand

If we do not have to pay for V5 okay I would think about an update but in this case the improvements are not impressed as they should

Share this post


Link to post
Wilson Ng
1 hour ago, Rene Schlischka said:

The versionP3D V5 is a completely new simulator.
Updates are only possible in one version, that is P3DV4.x to P3D V4.Y 

Version 5 starts a new update cycle.

However, version P3Dv5 can be installed on the same PC as version P3Dv4 and operated completely separately.

Much more interesting I find the question, will it be possible to use my FLSABS in both versions with the same key if the PC is the same. @Lefteris Kalamaras

An immediate switch on the day of release has never been a good idea. Wait until FSLABS comments on it and other addon developers like HIFI or other compatible versions are released.

Even if developers have had beta versions for a long time, it doesn't mean that LM hasn't made last-minute changes. So it will also take a few days until we will see the first updates of addons.

Rene

I assume for FSLAB it will be the same as V3 to V4, new purchase require probably with upgrade offer, therefor new license key issued so no 1 key for 2 version?

Share this post


Link to post
Rene Schlischka
8 minutes ago, Wilson Ng said:

I assume for FSLAB it will be the same as V3 to V4, new purchase require probably with upgrade offer, therefor new license key issued so no 1 key for 2 version?

I dont think so, P3DV3 was 32 bit .

P3Dv4 is an 64 Bit System . This is the only reason why P3D v4 got new keys at all. 

On a PC you can only use the addon once at the same time anyway. Therefore a key would be an installation in both P3D versions no double use.

by the way....

Of course, sharklets should come, these also work in the V4.5 versions. I don't understand why people think about this, the simulator changes but it's not such a massive change like from a 32 bit to a 64 bit system.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
John Tavendale
10 minutes ago, Patrick Hildebrand said:

If we do not have to pay for V5 okay I would think about an update but in this case the improvements are not impressed as they should

v5 is new version, not an upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Paolo Basta

Guys,

I could be wrong, but so far from the 4k screenshots i'v seen im not very impressed with P3d V5 or at least a wow factor,

It kind of looks the same, hope they improve the rain effects and the lighting will see, i don't know if it's worth giving it a go,

I thinks it's their version of an Xplane 11.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Christoph Sebek

Keep V4.5HF2 for now and see how things develop. ;)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Stu Antonio
17 minutes ago, Paolobasta said:

Guys,

I could be wrong, but so far from the 4k screenshots i'v seen im not very impressed with P3d V5 or at least a wow factor,

It kind of looks the same, hope they improve the rain effects and the lighting will see, i don't know if it's worth giving it a go,

I thinks it's their version of an Xplane 11.

I agree. Apart from maybe one or two cloud visuals that look quite nice, most of the shots (as others said above) look way worse that what I have right now with 4.5.

I mean, c'mon, what is this shot trying to show/tell/impress us?? That looks like an pre-2000 war-helicopter game... 

prepar3d_v5-lockheed_martin-6-1600x875.j

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
Just now, Stu Antonio said:

I agree. Apart from maybe one or two cloud visuals that look quite nice, most of the shots (as others said above) look way worse that what I have right now with 4.5.

I mean, c'mon, what is this shot trying to show/tell/impress us?? That looks like an pre-2000 war-helicopter game... 

prepar3d_v5-lockheed_martin-6-1600x875.j

updated airport perhaps at they have done 24000 airports across the globe.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
John Barnes
1 hour ago, Wilson Ng said:

V4 was costing the same price on the site 

https://www.flightsimwebshop.com/en/prepar3d-v4-academic-license.html

I doubt this website is a authorize reseller for p3d software as I don't think lockheed martin has any reseller for p3d

@Wilson Ng

Hi, Jeremy, from FlightsimWebshop here. FlightsimWebshop is a authorized reseller of the Lockheed Martin software under a contractual agreement with the Lockheed Martin Corporation, acting through its Rotary and Mission Systems business (“RMS”). Hopefully you can notify the user of this, as I'm not very happy with the comment that there are doubts about the 'genuinity' of our shop. If needed i'm willing to share the agreement between LM and our shop. Please feel free to contact me. Best regards, Jeremy FlightsimWebshop

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Khoa Nguyen
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

I agree. Apart from maybe one or two cloud visuals that look quite nice, most of the shots (as others said above) look way worse that what I have right now with 4.5.

I mean, c'mon, what is this shot trying to show/tell/impress us?? That looks like an pre-2000 war-helicopter game... 

prepar3d_v5-lockheed_martin-6-1600x875.j

Still that flat photoreal buildings... and randomly cut by a sea/river...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Robert Sutherland

You do realise that, apart from the 100 or so airports selected by MFSF, the rest of the airports will look similar to this? 

They even said that airport developers would be needed to replicate them properly for the less popular destinations. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Patrick Hildebrand
2 hours ago, John Tavendale said:

v5 is new version, not an upgrade.

You might be right but it does not make a diffrence 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Harry Westbury

The standard v5 looks better than the standard v4 and that is a step in the right direction.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
Just now, Harry Westbury said:

The standard v5 looks better than the standard v4 and that is a step in the right direction.

yeah because the entire sim is now pbr which includes the ground polygons according to devs of fsdt

Share this post


Link to post
Jacob Stolz

The only thing that matters to me is, if there will be in improvement in perfomance with DX12 in the bus. My sim is running smoothly, but in comparison with PMDG its still worse. I have no idea if DX12 even mess with the bus (maybe a dev can answer that?).

So for my part, its only worth updating when there is a perfomance improvement (a recognizable one)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Michael Hartnett

P3D is heavily reliant on third party software, let's be honest. You have Orbx Global, Vector and Open LC add ons, Pilots FS Global, Orbx Regions (and True Earth), I guess that's a reason as to why they haven't updated the old FSX ground environment and textures/autogen, because a lot of people will probably buy the Orbx products. I always thought V5 would be a completely new simulator, however it's good that they're heading in the right direction, especially with FS2020 in alpha.

It's nice to see volumetric clouds, better atmospheric lighting, clouds reflecting dawn/dusk sunlight (casting red and pink hues), sloped runways, hopefully when the likes of REX have updated we will have amazing 3D volumetric clouds, I'd love to see a whole overhaul of the night environment though, this is where Xplane 11 is miles ahead, not to mention flight dynamics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Wilson Ng
1 hour ago, John Barnes said:

@Wilson Ng

Hi, Jeremy, from FlightsimWebshop here. FlightsimWebshop is a authorized reseller of the Lockheed Martin software under a contractual agreement with the Lockheed Martin Corporation, acting through its Rotary and Mission Systems business (“RMS”). Hopefully you can notify the user of this, as I'm not very happy with the comment that there are doubts about the 'genuinity' of our shop. If needed i'm willing to share the agreement between LM and our shop. Please feel free to contact me. Best regards, Jeremy FlightsimWebshop

Ah, Thanks for your clarification and apologize for that as I'm surprised with the price different between flightsimwebshop and lockheed martin website.

I have edited my comment as your request

Cheers.

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...