Fslabs Texture Fix Utility - V1.1

Lefteris Kalamaras

Lefteris Kalamaras

Captains-

you will have noticed, by now, that there are a few threads already dedicated to the "disappearing textures" problem that some customers are experiencing with complex add-ons, such as the Concorde-X, the LDS 767 and other similar products.

Thanks to the dedication and hard work of a distinguished member of the FSX Community, Jesus Altuve, who we want to publicly acknowledge and thank in our communications to you, it seems that a fix for this problem (which has existed for the past four years, since FSX has been released) is now possible.

It was, however, noted that not every member of our community is equally versed in making changes in their computer, especially when these changes involve digging deep into the internals of Windows folders, some of which are even hidden, and applying edits to files that are normally best left alone by the ordinary FSX user.

As such, we are happy to provide an automated utility that will take care of the edits for you, allowing different levels of control to the various items that are there for editing.

We'd welcome some feedback if you use this utility, as the news on how these edits work is constantly coming and more discoveries are coming out as time passes.

Once more - please allow us to express our gratitude and thanks to Jesus Altuve for his dedication and hard work!

Without further ado, you can download the utility here.

Best regards,

Lefteris Kalamaras

Hi Alex-

it's self-documenting, as the changes are displayed right in the utility dialog window...

Richard Foreman

Hi Alex-

it's self-documenting, as the changes are displayed right in the utility dialog window...

Hi Lefteris

Thanks for posting the utility so quickly. Does it make all the changes Jesus mentioned in his post or just the ones relating to the texture issue ?

Thanks

Richard

Now this is service :D

Captains-

you will have noticed, by now, that there are a few threads already dedicated to the "disappearing textures" problem that some customers are experiencing with complex add-ons, such as the Concorde-X, the LDS 767 and other similar products.

Thanks to the dedication and hard work of a distinguished member of the FSX Community, Jesus Altuve, who we want to publicly acknowledge and thank in our communications to you, it seems that a fix for this problem (which has existed for the past four years, since FSX has been released) is now possible.

It was, however, noted that not every member of our community is equally versed in making changes in their computer, especially when these changes involve digging deep into the internals of Windows folders, some of which are even hidden, and applying edits to files that are normally best left alone by the ordinary FSX user.

As such, we are happy to provide an automated utility that will take care of the edits for you, allowing different levels of control to the various items that are there for editing.

We'd welcome some feedback if you use this utility, as the news on how these edits work is constantly coming and more discoveries are coming out as time passes.

Once more - please allow us to express our gratitude and thanks to Jesus Altuve for his dedication and hard work!

Without further ado, you can download the utility here.

Best regards,

Jean L. Leborne

Yes, I don't feel very much "à l'aise" in making that kind of changes (I don't really understand) in my computer... and the service provided by FSLabs is the one I was expecting. Really appreciate, thanks to the FSLabs team !

"Grand merci surtout à" Jesus Altuve for his masterpiece that gives FSX a new dimension ! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Michael Penson

Yeah its pretty cool that it is working for most, although wait until the non-believers say it doesnt work for them. Theyll want to nail him up, ummm somewhere?

Andrew Wilson

Does anybody else find the fact that jesus has saved us over the Easter weekend ironic? :lol:

Haha - brilliant!! :)

ErrorInside

Does anybody else find the fact that jesus has saved us over the Easter weekend ironic? :lol:

Amen to that!

Cheerio

Florian

every thing is working well for me ( i haven't done any transatlantic trips yet) on 1 hour short trips.

and i notice an improvement in speed the VC appears when switching from 2d mode or outside.

fingers crossed! :)

Jesus is our Savior!

Lefteris Kalamaras

Should we run this tool once, or every time new aircraft or scenery is installed?

Thank you Jesus! (and fslabs too)

You should run this tool to check if the HIGHMEMFIX and STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD values are still in your FSX.cfg, from time to time - it's not necessary to do it all the time, as these entries are not removed by FSX itself ever. If, of course, you delete FSX.cfg yourself, it goes without saying that you need to rerun it.

Jenny&George

wonderful, Outstanding, full bore and I cannot repeat the missing graphics problem, completed another KJFK-EGLL with REX and FS AI at 30% everything working as it should! Used all the settings on the texture fix utility. Thank you Jesus!

Curtis

• Norman Blackburn unpinned this topic