Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Marc Stanford

So P3D v5.1 came out, in considering upgrading I’m just hoping they fixed the VRAM and CTD issues.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Timm Rehberg

• Koen Meier

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Hi all – As Lefteris commented on, one of my favourite areas of the updated models, besides the PBR, is the cabin windows. Each window has now been remodelled in detail - and we've also modelled

I've elected to stay away from this until now as it gives people an opportunity to joke around, vent their frustrations on a "perceived delay" of our release (even though I've explained the reasons be

Posted Images

Timm Rehberg

This time I really dont care about sharklets but compatibility for 5.1 in general :D 

We can delay Sharklets :):D

• Haha 3
Bartu Özkara

There are really some good news and improvements in the changelog. I’m very excited to test it, since the MSFS is out LM is working very hard to stay competitive. Looking forward as Timm said for the compatible update for 5.1 but don’t move the sharklets to much in the background:D 

Robert Sutherland
2 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

So P3D v5.1 came out, in considering upgrading I’m just hoping they fixed the VRAM and CTD issues.

Don’t do it if you want to use the FSLabs planes. Wait until they release a comparability update. 

(Same goes for the MaddogX.)

Bartu Özkara

How can I join the discord channel of FlightSimLabs as I remember there was two one official and another one. I would like to join both, thanks.

Timm Rehberg
Just now, Bartu Özkara said:

How can I join the discord channel of FlightSimLabs as I remember there was two one official and another one. I would like to join both, thanks.

There is just this unofficial one: https://discord.gg/KNnwq7

As far as I know there's no official discord by FSL

• Thanks 1
Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

There is just this unofficial one: https://discord.gg/KNnwq7

As far as I know there's no official discord by FSL

As far as public ones only the unofficial one exists. I believe fslabs internally might have a discord to communicate with their beta testers.

David Norfolk

They out yet?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Marc Stanford

Does PTA or Tomatoshade work with P3D v5? I use it all the time and it's a core mod for me.

Koen Meier
1 hour ago, Marc Stanford said:

Does PTA or Tomatoshade work with P3D v5? I use it all the time and it's a core mod for me.

Tomatoshade isn’t compatible at all. And we have had no updates from the dev.

Pascal Wagner

Almost all planes are pbr now. And the native pbr from the development of fslabs for example is far better than tomato. Its just my opinion, but i think you don't need this add on any further. It was just there to fill the gap, as pbr wasn't available through LM. And Tomatoshade really never looked good. Almost all TS YouTube videos weren't good. Surface from those planes were like dumbed in oil and far to shiny. But that's just my personal experience and opinion. 

STEFAN DORDEVIC
20 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

They out yet?

No they aren't for now at least...

Will we reach page 100 till sharks are  released? That's a good question.

• Like 1
Marc Stanford

Can I just use PTA's disable adaptive HDR option for P3D v5? I find that when the screen gets bright when looking at the overhead is just unrealistic.

Can you guys post a few photos of the A32X in P3D 5.1 with TrueSky?

Stu Antonio
2 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Can I just use PTA's disable adaptive HDR option for P3D v5? I find that when the screen gets bright when looking at the overhead is just unrealistic.

Can you guys post a few photos of the A32X in P3D 5.1 with TrueSky?

Again, both Tomatoshade and PTA don't support P3Dv5 and in all probability never will.

• Like 1
David Norfolk

There's no need for them anymore 

• Like 1
Timm Rehberg
26 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Man i wish i was able to access the fslabs performance system remotely.

Teamviewer is the thing :P

Robert Sutherland
51 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

How is the Sharklets going are we close?

What do you think, Marc? 

How successful have previous attempts to garner this kind of information been for you? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
Steven Silva
2 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

How is the Sharklets going are we close?

To give you an idea, from this week to the next LM will release a hotfix for 5.1 which I dare to believe that SHARKLETS may take a little longer

Danny Moore
What do you think, Marc? 

How successful have previous attempts to garner this kind of information been for you? 

I’m staying out of this one, LOL.
The cycle continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Robert Sutherland
4 hours ago, Danny Moore said:

I’m staying out of this one, LOL.
The cycle continues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Groundhog Day :D 

• Haha 1
Stu Antonio

But do you guys really think it will just suddenly drop in some week?

Shouldn‘t we see all the usual stuff like another set of (final) screenshots (the last ones were over half a year ago), some form of promotion (it‘s a new product with a price so they perhaps advertise this a little more), FSElite announcements and at least one or two streamer/beta-tester showing a release candidate a few days or even weeks before release... ? I could imaginge BB showing the new EFB etc. way before release, just like with the ATSU stuff back then... We still didn‘t see none of this yet so it might be still some waiting ahead of us....

(But I hope I‘m so wrong :D)

STEFAN DORDEVIC
19 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Shouldn‘t we see all the usual stuff like another set of (final) screenshots (the last ones were over half a year ago), some form of promotion (it‘s a new product with a price so they perhaps advertise this a little more), FSElite announcements and at least one or two streamer/beta-tester showing a release candidate a few days or even weeks before release... ? I could imaginge BB showing the new EFB etc. way before release, just like with the ATSU stuff back then... We still didn‘t see none of this yet so it might be still some waiting ahead of us....

I agree with you...

First we will see some previews,maybe some trailer,and the sharks maybe shown to us by BB afterwards.

Only time will tell.

Robert Sutherland
3 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

The way this usually works is that we see a teaser image posted, then streamers get it, then the NDA is lifted allowing testers to post screenshots, and then it's a matter of it being released. That's usually two-week process. I don't expect the sharks to be available with any kind of immediacy. :) 

Stu Antonio
44 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

we see a teaser image posted

Maybe we even get a teaser-trailer this time :)

David Norfolk

Soon (tm) *hopefully*

• Like 3
Norman Blackburn
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

BTW: can sharklets accumulate ice? are they covered by wing anti-ice? 

image.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 12
Norman Blackburn
13 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

"From the insane minds behind the A320-X"

I may have edited something :D

Stu Antonio
22 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

I may have edited something :D

When the devs have time to joke around, they can't be that far from release :D

• Haha 1