Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

David Norfolk

My hype is bursting at the seams. i feel like i just ate 20 sharklet nuggies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Timm Rehberg

• Koen Meier

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Hi all – As Lefteris commented on, one of my favourite areas of the updated models, besides the PBR, is the cabin windows. Each window has now been remodelled in detail - and we've also modelled

I've elected to stay away from this until now as it gives people an opportunity to joke around, vent their frustrations on a "perceived delay" of our release (even though I've explained the reasons be

Posted Images

Timm Rehberg
3 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

My hype is bursting at the seams. i feel like i just ate 20 sharklet nuggies.

Did someone say "nuggies" ? 

• Like 1
Pascal Wagner

I know its the wrong chatroom for that, but i have seen so many really nice screenshots from all busses. On your portal you still present those very very old fslabs liveries. If it would be my portal, i d replace them with actual PBR pics. Specially for the 320 and 319. 

Who else thinks this is a good idea?

Do you know what i am talking about? 

There is a screenshot from a 319 from Lufthansa standing in the fog and has the landing lights turned on. This is a real stunner. A jawdropping shot. 

David Norfolk

Hopefully these will cleanse your pallets forabit. Taken today from Palma to Gatwick.

20201020_175906.jpg

20201020_175357.jpg

20201020_175214.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Marc Stanford
7 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

FSL-7.jpg.dde85ba7f4748bff70b198bef67147

What a beautiful sky! What sky textures they might have used? :o

A320_Sharklet_close_up_7a0c79ed8b6150608

I’m actually wondering what Sky textures they used in the first picture.

David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Timm Rehberg said:

I wonder if the EFB needs to be charged by a cable. I am a professional at forgetting it at home :mellow:

I very much doubt it. It would be kind of a pointless feature ;)

Timm Rehberg
4 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

I very much doubt it. It would be kind of a pointless feature ;)

I can already see the support team be overwhelmed with tickets because the EFB is not working anymore and the automated answer/solution is: "Recharge it!" :D 

I like useless features! :) 

Robert Sutherland
2 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

I wonder if the EFB needs to be charged by a cable. I am a professional at forgetting it at home :mellow:

One of my biggest frustrations is finding that my iPad is out of battery :D 

• Haha 1
Norman Blackburn
3 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

I can already see the support team be overwhelmed with tickets because the EFB is not working anymore and the automated answer/solution is: "Recharge it!" :D 

I've already made the auto reply*
*or not 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?  

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Timm Rehberg
11 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

I've already made the auto reply*
*or not 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?  

Not working!!!!!!

FSL could sell cables in a shop. Ingame-market? :D:D:D 
I don´t know how much charge cables I ordered on my companies internal market already :D 

PS: No one is asking anymore but could you show us the EFB a fit more? :D

Norman Blackburn
4 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

PS: No one is asking anymore but could you show us the EFB a fit more? :D

Yes I could.  But then I would face the wrath of Andy and Lefteris.  I would rather not right now thanks :) 

• Haha 3
Timm Rehberg
3 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Yes I could.  But then I would face the wrath of Andy and Lefteris.  I would rather not right now thanks :) 

You have all our support & protection :P :D 

David Norfolk

Yeah, the hype for sharklets for me is well and truly here now. I'm still hoping to have them this year. A abit faith in me still tells me :wub:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
David Norfolk
1 minute ago, Patrick Hildebrand said:

Hope we will see an Eurowings repaint by default :)

i would imagine you will  

Stu Antonio
2 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

i would imagine you will  

Hm.... would be nice but I‘m sceptic. 
We didn‘t get a default one neither for the 320 nor for the 319...

Although one of the larger Airbus carrier in Europe, it’s aparently one of the hardest repaints to do from what I‘ve heard from several good repainters...

Robin Locher
13 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Although one of the larger Airbus carrier in Europe, it’s aparently one of the hardest repaints to do from what I‘ve heard from several good repainters...

Yes its difficult. 

Timm Rehberg

Lufthansa20Swiss-efb-system.jpg

Once we get them basically into the FSL cockpit, next would be getting Lido charts with Navigraph pls! :wub:
Why? Because they're just better than Jeppesen :D 

PS: CandyCrush is still Prio1 for the EFB imo ;D

Bartu Özkara

Will be the EFB only available with the sharklet extension (even for the A319)? Looking forward to have that in the cockpit:rolleyes:                                   

Koen Meier
8 minutes ago, Bartu Özkara said:

Will be the EFB only available with the sharklet extension (even for the A319)? Looking forward to have that in the cockpit:rolleyes:                                   

sharklets initially but then be put in the other aircraft. that is how the cpdlc worked.

Pascal Wagner
On 10/21/2020 at 4:33 PM, Stu Antonio said:

Maybe its easier, to ask EW to change their livery in order to get it as day one livery. And yes i asked the same, some days ago. I don't know what, but anything from these planes is difficult to paint. 

Timm Rehberg
8 hours ago, Pascal Wagner said:

Maybe its easier, to ask EW to change their livery in order to get it as day one livery. And yes i asked the same, some days ago. I don't know what, but anything from these planes is difficult to paint. 

I am excited to see what the Ocean livery will look like.
Probably the yellow "sun" logo like the older Lufthansa livery but more white and a huge OCEAN at the front.

Eurowings is a pain but our master-painters will get it done sooner or later! Maybe @Vasilis get it done once SL are finished :D 

M_i_k_e_V_o_g

So, other than the obvious changes in the external model and a couple of percent off in fuel consumption....

What does the sharklet version bring on top of what's already available now. That is, what do we know that FSlabs is going to add - systemwise?

Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, M_i_k_e_V_o_g said:

So, other than the obvious changes in the external model and a couple of percent off in fuel consumption....

What does the sharklet version bring on top of what's already available now. That is, what do we know that FSlabs is going to add - systemwise?

Efb! Some updates to systems.

Karl Brooker
4 minutes ago, M_i_k_e_V_o_g said:

Newer flight computers, new flight model (which isn't just "a few percent off fuel consumption" - it includes new aerodynamics and flight characteristics unique to the sharklet), updated fuel systems, satdom integration (with relevant aerodynamic and CG shift), EFB, full LED lighting system...

STEFAN DORDEVIC
3 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

Man I’m hoping it comes either next month or Xmas.

we need the extra winter performance

Christmas sounds more achievable to me.

I would rather wait and have the plane released without bugs from BETA.

Why is no one discussing the price tag or give prepositions...

:P

My guess is around 70€

David Norfolk
31 minutes ago, STEFAN DORDEVIC said:

Why is no one discussing the price tag or give prepositions...

:P

My guess is around 70€

I very much doubt it.

Stu Antonio
56 minutes ago, STEFAN DORDEVIC said:

My guess is around 70€

Since it‘s not a standalone product, I think it is lower. I‘m wild guessing something around 39,99 Euros. :)

Bartu Özkara

When we compare it to the A319 & A321 prices, in my opinion probably the extension will be based on a lower price. But of course we all know how much work and effort the team is showing into the extension. (Performance, LED Lights, EFB), I guess it could be between 25-35 Euros:ph34r: Looking forward to see more previews:rolleyes:

STEFAN DORDEVIC
18 hours ago, Bartu Özkara said:

Nice livery to made the first flight when the sharklets are outB)

IIrhC8.jpg

We will have factory livery just as  we have it  for the present a32X,not sure  upon release tough.