Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

David Norfolk
7 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

I'll take Sharklet hype for $1000.

Done, I'll send over my PayPal via DM ;)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Timm Rehberg

• Koen Meier

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Hi all – As Lefteris commented on, one of my favourite areas of the updated models, besides the PBR, is the cabin windows. Each window has now been remodelled in detail - and we've also modelled

I've elected to stay away from this until now as it gives people an opportunity to joke around, vent their frustrations on a "perceived delay" of our release (even though I've explained the reasons be

Posted Images

David Norfolk

Just checking back to s.... nevermind, see you next month ;)

Andrew Wilson

We're very close to having the 319 ready now. Once rolled out, focus will be back onto the A320-SL

• Like 32
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
David Norfolk
34 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

We're very close to having the 319 ready now. Once rolled out, focus will be back onto the A320-SL

:wub:

Koen Meier
40 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Do the sharks need to go into quarantine before we could use them as well?:D

Stu Antonio
51 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

:wub:

Ramon De Valencia
3 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Thanks for those great news!!! Getting my Sim ready and hitting F5 every 5 minutes.

• Haha 5
Marc Stanford
5 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

I'll raise, Sharklet hype for $2000

• Confused 2
Timm Rehberg

Sharklet project canceled due to the small interest on the A319-X PBR update! :P:D:lol::ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Christoph Sebek

Close sounds good, would come in handy for a short hop between Düsseldorf and newly acquainted Hamburg, otherwise have to go back once again to the trust-worthy beasts A320 and A321. :ph34r:

David Norfolk

Anyone else here hoping for a sharklets tag just to boost our egos even more? 

• Like 4
Norman Blackburn
1 hour ago, David Norfolk said:

Anyone else here hoping for a sharklets tag just to boost our egos even more? 

Its going to be your dancing shark.

• Like 4
David Norfolk
10 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Its going to be your dancing shark.

hahaha don't tell andrew!

Timm Rehberg

That would be amazing!
However, @David Norfolk you may test it already by buying it right now in the shop? :)

38 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

hahaha don't tell andrew!

He knows nothing anyway, I suggest :D

• Haha 3
David Norfolk

Me ordering a dominos pizza on shark release day

leave-it-on-the-doorstep-and-get-the-hell-outta-here-doormat-7163.jpg

• Haha 5
Marc Stanford

We're in the 80s, all the good stuff happens in the 80s!

Pascal Wagner

Back to some pics. Just realize.... Oh wait i m on the wrong plane. Damn... Its a swordfish

IMG_20201005_081349.jpg

1 minute ago, Pascal Wagner said:

• Haha 1
David Norfolk
31 minutes ago, Pascal Wagner said:

Back to some pics. Just realize.... Oh wait i m on the wrong plane. Damn... Its a swordfish

IMG_20201005_081349.jpg

ahh yes the sharklet knockoff :lol:

David Norfolk

I hope we get somekind of update on these soon :wub:

• Like 3
Pascal Wagner

Yes i m like almost every second week at KATL flying anywhere. I try to provide some Delta A32x-SL pics. We would like to see some more "real" pics lol. Maybe some virtual Delta 32x-SL pics. Who agrees?

We are desperately let some blood into the water to see some fish... No sharks anywhere...

Darren Howie

A bit more stirring...

IMG_7302-X2.jpgIMG_0416-Edit-X2.jpgIMG_9311-X2.jpgIMG_0143-X2.jpg035C5948-Edit-Edit-X2.jpgIMG_0383-X2.jpgIMG_8041-Edit-X2.jpgIMG_0601-Edit-X2.jpgIMG_0029-Edit-X2.jpgIMG_0359-Edit-X2.jpgThat should keep you guys going for a while..lol

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
David Norfolk
4 hours ago, Darren Howie said:

That should keep you guys going for a while..lol

Dammm P3DV5 looks realistic 

• Like 1
Darren Howie

A few more Sharky Sharks more from over the years..IMG_0497-Edit-Edit-X2.jpg

IMG_0255-Edit-X2.jpgIMG_1557-Edit-X2.jpg

Sharks or no sharks they all look the same on the inside...well other than the stupid strobe flashing on the glareshield hour after hour.

Whatever engineer at Airbus did that should be made to sit in his lounge with astrobe light double flashing in his face for 5 hours at a time for a week or two.

They wouldnt do that again..IMG_8637-2-X3.jpg

• Like 6
Marc Stanford

I've been flying the Maddog the past week while I wait for the Sharklets, it's a great switch over the past 9+ months flying the A321. I literally flew nothing but the bus for 9+ months so decided to fly the MD-83. 

Only thing that sucks is I can't eat the steak and fly at the same time unlike the Airbus, where in the 80 I can exercise my leg muscles just holding up the thing in my lap!

Danny Moore
I've been flying the Maddog the past week while I wait for the Sharklets, it's a great switch over the past 9+ months flying the A321. I literally flew nothing but the bus for 9+ months so decided to fly the MD-83. 

Only thing that sucks is I can't eat the steak and fly at the same time unlike the Airbus, where in the 80 I can exercise my leg muscles just holding up the thing in my lap!

Which airline flew the Maddog long enough to provide steak dinners for inflight meals? I’ve flown on Delta’s MD-88 at least 3 dozen times IRL and all we ever got were snack type meals, definitely no full service type meals or steak dinners as they were used for short range flights. You mentioned MD-83. Delta flew the 88/90. default_wink.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norman Blackburn
50 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Just to confirm, cockpit-PBR still won‘t be a thing in the FSL, right?

Correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Marc Fuolega

Shame. 

Many people criticize P3D as being last gen tech based on old code but in many cases it seems both scenery and plane third party developers just don’t make use of available features that have been added over the years. 

• Confused 3
ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd

There's available features, but then there is all the features that simply did not exist, that they created out of nowhere. 

Beside the numerous systems, just look at the sounds for example. The airport noise outside/when you open the window, or when a cabin door is open, the volumes that changes if the cockpit door is open, the electric buzz decreasing in frequency (pitch lowers) when you put load on the electric bus if you are only powered by the GPU, etc... 

Those things are totally mind-blowing and we take them for granted !

It would be unfair to tell FSlabs that they don't keep up: just look at the rain-on-windshield, the icing, the flawless integration of the latest versions of GSX, the CPDLC vatsim stuff, ASP4...

You could say that to some other devs of god-tier addons (that one Q400:wub:) whose product is still stuck in 2015, but really FSlabs is among the most up-to-date devs...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
Danny Moore

I agree with ay.m3r1ck. FSLabs brings out some of the most advanced features than any other aircraft developer but if they leave out VC PBR than they are criticized for not making use of available features, :rolleyes:. What FSLabs offers in the airbus package would require payware/freeware addons just to bring those aircraft up to what you get with FSLabs. I'll take VC performance and the other dozen new features over reflective display screens anytime. 

• Like 2
Danny Moore
People are being astonishingly defensive. It was just a minor criticism. 

Overly defensive? Weren’t you the one that said it was a shame that the VC doesn’t have PBR and that developers weren’t using the tools provided?

We’re just saying that FSLabs has used the P3D SDK more than any other developer has to bring us some of the best features such as immersion, icing, cabin condensation, rain, etc.

So yes some of us will get defensive for them when we see that they have put in tons of hours in providing users with advanced features but are still getting question about VC PBR which is an old topic in the forums. There just might be a reason why they never added it, just saying.

• Like 1
Karl Brooker
1 hour ago, Danny Moore said:

We’re just saying that FSLabs has used the P3D SDK more than any other developer has to bring us some of the best features such as immersion, icing, cabin condensation, rain, etc.

I think you'll find most of that stuff is not available from the SDK, and FSL uses a highly customised system to tie everything in. It's why they blow everyone else away.

• Like 5
Danny Moore
I think you'll find most of that stuff is not available from the SDK, and FSL uses a highly customised system to tie everything in. It's why they blow everyone else away.

Thanks for the education on the SDK. My point is still valid. They provide more features with their aircraft then any other developer. As you said, they blow everyone out of the water :).

Kamil Juvat
1 hour ago, Danny Moore said:

Thanks for the education on the SDK. My point is still valid. They provide more features with their aircraft then any other developer. As you said, they blow everyone out of the water :).

That’s debatable. They’re certainly in my top two. Better in some aspects than the other addon but lacking in another aspects.

• Like 2
Danny Moore
That’s debatable. They’re certainly in my top two. Better in some aspects than the other addon but lacking in another aspects.

I like debates. Can you provide some examples of what they are lacking beside PBR in the VC. FSLabs might also be interested in seeing this. I’m aware that each person wish list is different. For all we know some of the features might be on their todo list for future updates.