Jump to content

Sharklet Hype


David Norfolk

Recommended Posts

Marc Stanford

What about the release trailer?, I'm hyping for both the plane AND the release trailer, it's gonna be sick like the A321X trailer from last year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • David Norfolk

    433

  • Timm Rehberg

    417

  • Koen Meier

    382

  • Marc Stanford

    318

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Hi all – As Lefteris commented on, one of my favourite areas of the updated models, besides the PBR, is the cabin windows. Each window has now been remodelled in detail - and we've also modelled

I've elected to stay away from this until now as it gives people an opportunity to joke around, vent their frustrations on a "perceived delay" of our release (even though I've explained the reasons be

Posted Images

Marvin Toepfer
1 minute ago, Marc Stanford said:

What about the release trailer?

No release - no trailer?! ;)
Marc, impatience is your second name I guess ;) Guessing this release, guessing that release...it wouldn't be frustrating if you would stop, I promise!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Marc Stanford
1 minute ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

No release - no trailer?! ;)
Marc, impatience is your second name I guess ;) Guessing this release, guessing that release...it wouldn't be frustrating if you would stop, I promise!

No I'm saying the release trailers that FSL produces are top notch, so I'm hyping for that and the Sharklets when it comes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Marvin Toepfer
1 minute ago, Marc Stanford said:

No I'm saying the release trailers that FSL produces are top notch, so I'm hyping for that and the Sharklets when it comes.

what u say is aksing for a release trailer...the even didnt finished work on the sharklets?! and this will be a expansion pack...of course there will be a trailer - they want to sell as much as they can plus there is a BIG HYPE about fslabs and their products. to do a trailer is the cheapest marketing of all.

and my opinion: normally we need to pay twice for all those free updates/upgrades and so on.

Link to post
Marc Stanford
2 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

what u say is aksing for a release trailer...the even didnt finished work on the sharklets?! and this will be a expansion pack...of course there will be a trailer - they want to sell as much as they can plus there is a BIG HYPE about fslabs and their products. to do a trailer is the cheapest marketing of all.

and my opinion: normally we need to pay twice for all those free updates/upgrades and so on.

You're right, well I can always go back to the old strategy: fly something else in the mean time until it comes

Lol Marvin if you and I keep posting like this, then the HOT tag will show up for this thread and then people will think it's coming already!

Although I wouldn't mind

Link to post
Marvin Toepfer
1 minute ago, Marc Stanford said:

You're right, well I can always go back to the old strategy: fly something else in the mean time until it comes

I am 100% sure that you haven't seen all the FSLabs features in the current version.
Marc, I think you are a nice guy. Don't get me wrong. But sometimes your questions are let people go crazy...really crazy...

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Marc Stanford
2 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

I am 100% sure that you haven't seen all the FSLabs features in the current version.
Marc, I think you are a nice guy. Don't get me wrong. But sometimes your questions are let people go crazy...really crazy...

 

Nah it's cool, I'm just glad I got a decent A321-200 from FSLabs and I'm sure the Sharklets is gonna be epic.

Link to post
Marvin Toepfer
Just now, Marc Stanford said:

Nah it's cool, I'm just glad I got a decent A321-200 from FSLabs and I'm sure the Sharklets is gonna be epic.

oh i am pretty sure they will be! i also cant wait for them

Link to post
Marc Stanford
Just now, Marvin Toepfer said:

oh i am pretty sure they will be! i also cant wait for them

To be honest I'm expecting great climb performance later this year, between the colder thicker air (here in North America) and the wing modifications for less drag it could climb like the "rocket" 757.

Link to post
Marc Stanford
12 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

And I expect a bad descend performance due to the drag haha :D

Oh gosh don't remind me, it's like every descent you will need to use the speedbrakes now! Unless the STAR constraints or descent path has it steep enough.

Link to post
Robert Sutherland
7 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

To be honest I'm expecting great climb performance later this year

Try to manage your expectations, Marc. No one has said the sharklets update will be out that soon. We can hope but that’s not the same as to expect. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Timm Rehberg
2 hours ago, Danny Moore said:

I step away for two weeks and I see nothing has changed, hahaha emoji23.png

How do you know? Lets ask: Sind wir schon da? ^_^

 

Edit: Its the year of patience. I give patience out to everyone asking. Apply here: patience_for_free@gmail.com :) 

Link to post
Robert Sutherland
33 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

How do you know? Lets ask: Sind wir schon da? ^_^

 

Edit: Its the year of patience. I give patience out to everyone asking. Apply here: patience_for_free@gmail.com :) 

I think Danny is referring to a certain someone creating these weird deadlines in his head about when he's likely to see updates and releases :) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Danny Moore
5 hours ago, Robert Sutherland said:

I think Danny is referring to a certain someone creating these weird deadlines in his head about when he's likely to see updates and releases :) 

Robert for the win :D

Link to post
Timm Rehberg
Just now, Koen Meier said:

it can never get as bad as Berlin Brandenburg.

Thats rough! :D:D
And FSL staff be like: Challenge accepted :P You're now the reason for the delay! Thx

Link to post
Koen Meier
Just now, Timm Rehberg said:

Thats rough! :D:D
And FSL staff be like: Challenge accepted :P You're now the reason for the delay! Thx

there can only be a delay when there is a date set for delivery. from my perspective there is no delivery date so there is no delay. it is just a prolongued development time.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Stu Antonio
34 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

there can only be a delay when there is a date set for delivery. from my perspective there is no delivery date so there is no delay. it is just a prolongued development time.

Yeah, but you have to admit, speaking of a couple of „weeks“ in april sets some kind of expectations. :) The brain may be correct but the heart feels some sort of „delay“...  

Link to post
Robert Sutherland
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

Yeah, but you have to admit, speaking of a couple of „weeks“ in april sets some kind of expectations. :) The brain may be correct but the heart feels some sort of „delay“...  

I don't think they said 'couple of weeks' but 'coming weeks' which is less of a definite indicator. 

From the April 16th update, it took 2 and a half months for the A320 P3D v5 update to be released.

Given that the A319 has to go through similar changes as the A320 went through, you can probably add 2 and a half months to the release of the A321 (July 28th 2020) and in theory that should give you a good indicator of when to expect it to be released. Which means around the 12th of October. 

Link to post
Stu Antonio
6 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

I don't think they said 'couple of weeks' but 'coming weeks' which is less of a definite indicator. 

From the April 16th update, it took 2 and a half months for the A320 P3D v5 update to be released.

Given that the A319 has to go through similar changes as the A320 went through, you can probably add 2 and a half months to the release of the A321 (July 28th 2020) and in theory that should give you a good indicator of when to expect it to be released. Which means around the 12th of October. 

Couple, coming, few.... doesn‘t matter, it‘s all equally vague. That‘s perfectly fine, all I‘m saying that for me „weeks“ created an inner expectation and I think maybe the term „months“ would have been more suitable imo. I‘m not complaining (I enjoy the other two every single day), I‘m just saying it‘s understandable that some people might get more impatient than others. :) 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Robert Sutherland
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

Couple, coming, few.... doesn‘t matter, it‘s all equally vague. That‘s perfectly fine, all I‘m saying that for me „weeks“ created an inner expectation and I think maybe the term „months“ would have been more suitable imo. I‘m not complaining (I enjoy the other two every single day), I‘m just saying it‘s understandable that some people might get more impatient than others. :) 

That’s fair. 

Hopefully we’ll see it in the coming weeks! ;)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Stu Antonio
17 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

That’s fair. 

Hopefully we’ll see it in the coming weeks! ;)

Already requested a day off at work for Oct 12th. ;) 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
David Norfolk

I have the majority of October & November off. Then would you get my approval for a release :lol:

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
David Norfolk

*offtopic* do you guys plan on adding the new radio panel to the 320? Also some new software I saw today that tells you on the FMGC when to put the flaps down etc?

Link to post
Stu Antonio
3 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

*offtopic* do you guys plan on adding the new radio panel to the 320? Also some new software I saw today that tells you on the FMGC when to put the flaps down etc?

 

Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...