• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Hi all – As Lefteris commented on, one of my favourite areas of the updated models, besides the PBR, is the cabin windows. Each window has now been remodelled in detail - and we've also modelled

I've elected to stay away from this until now as it gives people an opportunity to joke around, vent their frustrations on a "perceived delay" of our release (even though I've explained the reasons be

Posted Images

David Norfolk

Man, photos don't justify how big the sharklets actually are:lol:

Pascal Wagner
3 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

I gonna photoshop them next week into the sim. Not sure how, but i ll find a way. B). Thats the reason I took the picture. 

Robert Sutherland
11 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Honestly, I did work experience with BA at Gatwick in their maintenance hangar back when I was a kid and they let me walk on the 747s wing. I was absolutely shocked at how big that winglet was! And these sharklets and winglets are bigger! :D 

Maurício Brentano
3 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

7.97ft (2.43m) to be more or less precise.

Koen Meier
23 minutes ago, Dirk Hollenbach said:

when should the Airbus come out with sharklets?

When fslabs feels that is ready. But fslabs don’t give out release statements

Pascal Wagner
7 hours ago, Kamil Juvat said:

You mean that beautiful MD-95, ekhm... Boeing 717?

Its indeed a 717. Only insiders see the difference between a maddod and a 717. But its a easy one. Delta took all maddogs out of service in june. Some 717 do still fly. They have a lot of 321's. We changed 6 times the flightlevel today because of rough turbulences. :D. Happy landings folks.

Btw. I have being sitting exactly above the cargo door. The sound in the sim while its in operation is way to loud. Hydraulic pumps are quiter as well. And another topic. Flaps movement. You ONLY hear flaps and no slats. Last friday i have been over the front side of the wing. As i m flying quite often the last days, i m starting to compare real vs sim. And i noticed something else. Just after takeoff you do always here a single cabin chime ping. Not in the sim. 

So enough for today. 

Norman Blackburn
1 hour ago, Pascal Wagner said:

Just after takeoff you do always here a single cabin chime ping. Not in the sim.

That sound is made as the gear is stowed.  Its use however differs from airline to airline albeit most Ive travelled or worked on use it.

Marc Stanford
3 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

That sound is made as the gear is stowed.  Its use however differs from airline to airline albeit most Ive travelled or worked on use it.

I wonder what the purpose behind the gear chime is, it's only on the A320 series and not other aircraft why is that?

Stu Antonio
2 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

I wonder what the purpose behind the gear chime is, it's only on the A320 series and not other aircraft why is that?

I always assumed it‘s just the no-smoking-sing going to off when set to „auto“ in the cockpit. But I‘m not sure. 

Marc Stanford
Just now, Stu Antonio said:

I always assumed it‘s the no-smoking-sing going off when set to „auto“. But I‘m not sure. 

On my flights I always leave the non-smoking sign to ON for the whole flight and it still chimes for me.

Stu Antonio

just checked IRL on my morning flight CGN-MUC.... your right, chimes on gear up and gear down, no smoking sign stayed on the whole time (EW A319).

Karl Brooker

It's when the no smoking sign used to go off. If you've got your switch set to AUTO, you'll see the "No Smoking" disappear from the EWD around the same time, but all airliners have the lights set to set stay on in the passenger cabin now, even if that's when it used to be off. You'll also see the emergency exit lights extinguish.

• Like 3
Robin Locher

Normal Procedures will be: No smoking signs on auto.

The lights will always stay on in the cabin but the exix lights goes off. 

Fslabs modelld it correctly!

Marc Stanford

It's gonna be fun flying the Sharklets this winter! Expecting some good climb performance especially with those new wings.

• Like 2
Pascal Wagner
On 9/10/2020 at 4:43 AM, Klaus Schmitzer said:

Sharklets are nice and all, but I hope there is also Lateral Offsets in the update.

It could be a feature already. Ok. The sharks are having more range, so an atlantic route is more obvious. Btw. You got the news, that an A321 LR (Air Astana) flies Almaty to Frankfurt. So far i know of the longest A320 family nonstop flight so far. I know its a NEO version, but I thought its worth to mention it. Cheers guys. 

Darren Howie

As many airlines use the "No Contact period" for comms to the flightdeck a lot of air;lines opt for the chime at gear down which marks the start on approach and gear up on departure which marks the end of that period.

Depending on where you are in the aircraft you cannot tell from sound if the gear is fully up or going down so a chime is used to indicate it to the entire crew that the gear is up after take off or going down for landing.

Its also an attention getting for landing ie you should be seated. Many airlines allow crew to be on their feet while the seatbelt sign is on and if the tech crew forget to instruct the cabin crew to be seated for landing its an extra warning that landing is imminent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Pascal Wagner
10 hours ago, Darren Howie said:

As many airlines use the "No Contact period" for comms to the flightdeck a lot of air;lines opt for the chime at gear down which marks the start on approach and gear up on departure which marks the end of that period.

Depending on where you are in the aircraft you cannot tell from sound if the gear is fully up or going down so a chime is used to indicate it to the entire crew that the gear is up after take off or going down for landing.

Its also an attention getting for landing ie you should be seated. Many airlines allow crew to be on their feet while the seatbelt sign is on and if the tech crew forget to instruct the cabin crew to be seated for landing its an extra warning that landing is imminent.

Dear Darren, thx for this explanation. 

• Like 1
Darren Howie

As an explanation the no contact period where crew are not permitted under any circumstances to try to contact the flightdeck starts at the start of the take off roll and finishes at gear up and on landing is from the gear extension to turning off the runway. You also have as a visual aid the emergency exit row lights illuminate as well with the gear down for landing and turn off when the gear is up as well.

• Like 2
Marc Stanford

The A319 is in the final stage of testing so hopefully not too long now and then finally we can have real hype about the Sharklets!

• Like 3
David Norfolk

I honestly can't wait to get views like this in p3d with sharks

20200908_184529.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Marc Stanford
4 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

I honestly can't wait to get views like this in p3d with sharks

20200908_184529.jpg

I'm hopeful that FSL will bring the buses to MSFS but like all good things in life they will take time, especially for a replica-style simulation that FSL goes for.

Pascal Wagner
9 hours ago, Darren Howie said:

SOme old work pics to stir up the sharklet pot a little..

035C5920-X2.jpgIMG_3284-X2.jpgIMG_0408-X2.jpg034A1563-X2.jpg

Are you flying Jetstar? Stupid question. Is the song drunk on a plane the real jetstar boarding music or is it kind of easteregg joke from FSL? 

Darren Howie

The CM has multiple channels of music to select from..normally its like walking out and hearing Spotify going..

Jean-Claude Bailly

And like all good German "blue" (energy efficient) cars everything - or almost - is optional, in this case: engines, so as to save fuel.

Pascal Wagner

Hi guys, i m pretty sure it has been answered already, but please bare with me not going through 77 pages of this thread:P

Lefteris said on april 16, that the SL will be of the 320 and 321 with both engine versions as one package. So do i need to own the actual 321 to buy this package then? Or will be the 320 still be kind of core version for all. 

Thanks for the answers. 

Cheers

Norman Blackburn
1 hour ago, Pascal Wagner said:

Lefteris said on april 16, that the SL will be of the 320 and 321 with both engine versions as one package. So do i need to own the actual 321 to buy this package then? Or will be the 320 still be kind of core version for all. 

If you only have the A320-X then after purchase you will have the regular Wing Tip Fence (WTF) and Sharklet (SL) variants of the A320-X.  

You only get the A321-X SL if you already have the WTF variant.  So yes, you need to "own the actual 321" too.

• Like 2
Robin Locher

Yea But you can also buy the Sharklets if you only own the A320. Then you only get the A320 with Sharklets....

• Like 1
David Norfolk

Hello me again, just here to on my weekly rounds to see if they've released yet....they haven't, see you sooooooooooooon

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
Jeremias Marco Harsono
On 9/17/2020 at 11:20 PM, Norman Blackburn said:

If you only have the A320-X then after purchase you will have the regular Wing Tip Fence (WTF) and Sharklet (SL) variants of the A320-X.  

You only get the A321-X SL if you already have the WTF variant.  So yes, you need to "own the actual 321" too.

The A320 and A321 SL is said to come as one package, but if we only have the A320 base package then we'll only get the A320 SL. Would the SL price be the same or less then considering it's only for the A320? Hoping for flexibility in the pricing