• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Hi all – As Lefteris commented on, one of my favourite areas of the updated models, besides the PBR, is the cabin windows. Each window has now been remodelled in detail - and we've also modelled

I've elected to stay away from this until now as it gives people an opportunity to joke around, vent their frustrations on a "perceived delay" of our release (even though I've explained the reasons be

Posted Images

Stu Antonio
2 hours ago, Ramon De Valencia said:

it is so quiet around here that makes me think V5.1 could be around the corner.

That‘s exaclty what I thought this morning, whick could (also) be a reason for the long time the A319 v5 is taking.
This, or they‘re just waiting for the 31.9. for dramatic effect :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
Marc Stanford
7 hours ago, Ramon De Valencia said:

it is so quiet around here that makes me think V5.1 could be around the corner.

I'm just hoping if that's the case then they don't have to update all the buses again.

Danny Moore
14 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

I'm just hoping if that's the case then they don't have to update all the buses again.

Come on Marc. You've been around long enough to know FSLabs updates are pretty simple when it comes to updates. I'm not referring to the v4 to v5 update but routine compatibility and incremental updates. Run the latest installer and it does the rest for you and you don't loose your settings or liveries. Not too difficult. 

• Like 1
Eric Fisher
On 9/3/2020 at 4:42 AM, Stu Antonio said:

That‘s exaclty what I thought this morning, whick could (also) be a reason for the long time the A319 v5 is taking.
This, or they‘re just waiting for the 31.9. for dramatic effect :D

The 319 should've been out by now. This is taking way too ridiculously long to get their software to work with v5. 

Stu Antonio
4 hours ago, Eric Fisher said:

The 319 should've been out by now. This is taking way too ridiculously long to get their software to work with v5. 

Well, as much as I‘m use to waiting way longer than I initially think with FSLabs releases, and as patient as I am, I sometimes scrach my head when I think about the last big roadmap announcement back in April with many cool sharklet-screenshots etc. and the plans for the base-line for v5, including the statement „We are looking forward to releasing these to you in the coming weeks“.... I never ever thought we would still wait for the 319 v5 compatibility in September....  :lol:

But it will come eventually, no doubt and it will be awesome and worth the wait.... I just sometimes wish they would not let us wait half a year and more from a big announcement/teaser like this to a final release. That‘s just my personal opinion...

• Like 3
Koen Meier

from announcement to release of a320 was a long time. the a321 was rather fast but majority of the work with pbr was allready there. a319 is like the a320.

Norman Blackburn
4 hours ago, ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd said:

Maybe the devs simply went on well-deserved holidays. They are allowed to relax, too :ph34r:

Which is EXACTLY what happened.  The majority of the dev team had planned this time away a long time ago - and yet still sayed in touch and worked remotely when able.

Sorry they should have asked permission first.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
David Norfolk

It's the school holidays for the majority of europe & the UK. The team have familys & they're entitled to holiday just as much as the next worker. Cut them some slack

Hendrik Herryjanto
12 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Sorry they should have asked permission first.

Well, good that the team realise it themselves now. Lesson learned for next time. 

In the future. please fill in your request 6 months ahead. Your request can be declined or change upon the management discretion, i.e. it cannot clash with a release of major version of P3D or MSFS. :P

Marc Stanford

So here is a little optimism for today.

It MAY be possible that FSL could be planning on releasing both the A319 and the Sharklets expansion simultaneously. The team is aware of the announcement back in April that said release would be coming in the next few weeks so they are doing everything they can with what they got to deliver them to us. But then stuff happened especially with COVID and well here we are.

It's a long shot of course but hopefully we should see the Sharklets before the end of the year.

David Norfolk

The one & only Mr.Wilson has said expect news & previews for the 319 next week.

• Thanks 1
Andrew Wilson
It MAY be possible that FSL could be planning on releasing both the A319 and the Sharklets expansion simultaneously.

Why try and guess when we’ve already stated the A319’s will be released first? It’s a big team, there are many projects ongoing. We’ve been working on the SL all summer.
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2
Robert Sutherland
27 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Why try and guess when we’ve already stated the A319’s will be released first? It’s a big team, there are many projects ongoing. We’ve been working on the SL all summer.

This is Marc’s modus operandi. He always makes these weird predictions :lol:

• Like 5
Marc Stanford
1 hour ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Well because plans can change especially with the current situation the world is in. Look at the announcement with the Sharklets, LK said it would be a few weeks and now it's been a few months. Fortunately they had communication with us and given the pandemic and the break the team needs it's understandable.

Flying FS2020 especially with the NEO it has in there has made me miss the FSL bus so I went back to P4D.

Steven Silva
1 hour ago, Andrew Wilson said:

there is some lost candy to feast your eyes while you wait :ph34r:

Marc Stanford

Well I'm glad the team is doing OK especially with COVID, make sure you all stay safe!

Danny Moore
5 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Marc just doesn't know when to quit. :D :D :D Happens every update. 

Danny Moore
3 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

Well I'm glad the team is doing OK especially with COVID, make sure you all stay safe!

Nice back pedal attempt Delta Pilot. Just relax and ease up on the fishing for information. It will release when it's ready. Earlier you said you were enjoying MSFS2020, A320 and A321. That should be enough to keep you busy. 

Marc Stanford

So with the Sharklets I'm wondering if it's technically possible for an embedded browser function for the EFB. Although I'm not sure if most EFBs for the bus have them (or if there even allowed).

It would be nice to watch some YouTube or even do online homework on it, another developer for X-Plane had it on their A320 but it had a nasty tendency of crashing my sound drivers. 

I was wondering if FSL would add this, guess we will have to find out once it's out but it would be a nice feature.

Timm Rehberg
18 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47u0rxbqtukero4thpvy

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Norman Blackburn

W  e  ’  v  e       b  e  e  n       w  o  r  k  i  n  g       o  n       t  h  e      S  L       a  l  l      s  u  m  m  e  r  .

Is that expanded enough for you @Timm Rehberg?

• Like 2
  • Haha 13
Timm Rehberg
1 hour ago, Norman Blackburn said:

W  e  ’  v  e       b  e  e  n       w  o  r  k  i  n  g       o  n       t  h  e      S  L       a  l  l      s  u  m  m  e  r  .

annoying answer: Why does it take      a  l  l      s  u  m  m  e  r      to just add those sharklets to the excisting models? <_< :D :ph34r:

real answer: I was quoting the ongoing "many projects" :P 

Keep cool ragazzi, its F1 time now! B)

Danny Moore
10 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

It would be nice to watch some YouTube or even do online homework on it, another developer for X-Plane had it on their A320 

I was wondering if FSL would add this, guess we will have to find out once it's out but it would be a nice feature.

Are you really asking for features like this on a premier product like the FSLabs? Adding stuff like that just makes it like any other airbus model. You've been asking FSLabs about realism, technical specification and the new S8 software upgrades for months and now you want them to add bloatware so you can watch videos and do homework on the virtual cockpit EFB, LOL. You may want to try the AS Airbus if thats what you really want. I'm sure there are many here that would prefer the FSLabs keep the Airbus professional as that is what make it the Premier Airbus in the FlightSim Community. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
Marc Stanford
6 hours ago, Danny Moore said:

Are you really asking for features like this on a premier product like the FSLabs? Adding stuff like that just makes it like any other airbus model. You've been asking FSLabs about realism, technical specification and the new S8 software upgrades for months and now you want them to add bloatware so you can watch videos and do homework on the virtual cockpit EFB, LOL. You may want to try the AS Airbus if thats what you really want. I'm sure there are many here that would prefer the FSLabs keep the Airbus professional as that is what make it the Premier Airbus in the FlightSim Community. 

I apologize if my posts are annoying you Danny.

Danny Moore
26 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Marc, I don't want an apology. Just asking that you let FSLabs work in piece and stop with the word games to get information about the next update in the forums. Anyone who has been here long enough knows what I'm talking about. If I say any more I take a chance of being warned by the moderator and I rather keep in good standings with FSLabs. There busy enough trying to get products out to us without having to clean up the forums. Just relax and enjoy the A320, A321 and 2020. When things are ready they will be released.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
Brian McCumiskey
5 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

Not just Danny

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Florian Wolf

So I am also one of those desperately waiting for the sharks to come out^^

Back in April I was quite happy to see the sharks looking progressed that far. For sure, after waiting that long I was a bit disappointed that the sharks didn't come this summer so I could fly it when on holiday. What really made me change my mind from beeing a bit disappointed to only hyped again is just the fact that what we've learned from past releases is that when FSL release a product it's damn good. I mean that compared to other devs the FSL team didn't have to bring out any major fixes after release. I think they spend a LOT of time testing the aircrafts through and through, this might make some of us a bit jiterry while waiting, but it's just that what makes the FSL products so perfect and stand out!

• Like 2
Khoa Nguyen
On 9/6/2020 at 12:27 AM, Danny Moore said:

Marc just doesn't know when to quit. :D :D :D Happens every update. 

• Like 2
klaus legrand
On 9/6/2020 at 12:19 PM, Norman Blackburn said:

On the Summer Light (SL)? ;-):D

Marc Stanford

Well to everyone I apologize for being an annoying person, especially the past few weeks. I do want to remain in good standing with you all and with the FSLabs team. You guys are amazing both the developers and the community. The FSL dev team has heart and passion and it shows in their products and I am sure we are all excited for the upcoming Sharklets expansion and A3XX whatever that might be.

The FSL bus is in my opinion the best addon for any flight simulator the complexity is just amazing. It seems my attitude got carried away and I started to fanboy this too much especially in my anticipation for the Sharklets. Well in life we make mistakes and hopefully this should be the last of them. So as an adult I say this once more to all of you especially the FSLabs team, Norman, Andres, and LK. I apologize, please forgive me.

So with this said I am sure 2020 and the years to come have some amazing stuff for us and I can't wait to see them. Like Florian said the FSL team really takes their time to develop products and it's so well done that most of the time it needs no patches or hotfixes except a few cases here and there. I don't know what is going on with the A319 update and why it's taking so long but now I don't care. Because I know that it will be coming at some point. So for now it's time to take the wing fence A321 and take it for a few spins! at least it works perfectly even if it isn't Sharklets and it's so much better than nothing.

Best regards all!

• Like 3
Stu Antonio

Just my opinion, but in my understanding of a democratic spirit and the forum rules, there is no need to apologize or ask for forgiveness for simply stating opinions,  thoughts and wishes without disrespecting or insulting anyone personally. No matter how annoying some people may find it. He didn’t come to your houses and bothered your families guys.... cut him some slack. 

• Like 5
Marc Stanford
1 hour ago, Koen Meier said:

i can already see them meticulously cleaning the shiny surfaces.

I wonder if they actually polish the surfaces, gotta look good for the customers :D

Timm Rehberg
18 hours ago, Danny Moore said:

Back on topic.

FSLabs.png

Looking at them, thinking and saying: "I know nothing" :ph34r::D

• Haha 2