• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

One step closer now: The product family is now updated to v151.

Posted Images

Marc Stanford
7 minutes ago, Matth1a5 Knu€tt€l said:

Hmmm... "Blended Sharklets"?

Well looks like LK's gonna have to upgrade Norman's dungeon :D

Timm Rehberg
7 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

heard nothing. you might want to see a doctor for some hearing aids. :D

SHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARKLETS! :wub::P

I am fine.

Markus Burkhard
4 minutes ago, David Porrett said:

I still don’t get the fuss. It’s a wing tip fairing - are the differences that extreme?

Maybe it's more about what we will include in the cockpit that matters for hype purposes? :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
David Norfolk
48 minutes ago, David Porrett said:

I still don’t get the fuss. It’s a wing tip fairing - are the differences that extreme?

There's differences. They don't just make the airbus look pretty :wub:

• Like 2
Marc Stanford

I've always wondered if airbus would make their own 757, a plane bigger than the A321 but smaller than the A330, like an Airbus A360. It would have the NEO's engines but slightly more powerful, the range would be around 4,000 to 4,500 nm and have the same VMO/MMO & service ceiling of the 757. The market is there since many airlines love the 757 (at least here in the US) but once it's lifespan is up the demand will be there.

Holger Teutsch
18 hours ago, Markus Burkhard said:

Maybe it's more about what we will include in the cockpit that matters for hype purposes? :)

Is it very close to the cockpit's side windows?

Marc Stanford

Once or IF we get the Sharklets in MSFS then FSL has achieved ascension. Now where did I put my magic 8-ball?

• Confused 2
David Norfolk
28 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Once or IF we get the Sharklets in MSFS then FSL has achieved ascension. Now where did I put my magic 8-ball?

Oh boy, here we go.

• Like 6
Marc Stanford

Can the Sharklets go a little more than 3,300nm like about 3,500? I'm wondering what the range for the FSL A321 SL will be with 2 ACTs. I wonder if it can get close to the 757s range.

Danny Moore
Thanks Norman, it's 3,200 to 3,300 nm with the Sharklets mod.

Marc, I figured you would already know this being a pilot with Delta Airlines?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Markus Burkhard
8 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

Thanks Norman, it's 3,200 to 3,300 nm with the Sharklets mod.

There's a reason why Airbus is building the A321XLR, even though the 321neo already has more range then the 321ceo. You do need the fuel efficiency of the Leaps and GTFs to do the range/payload the B757 can.

• Thanks 1
Craig Norman
On 8/19/2020 at 8:27 PM, Markus Burkhard said:

There's a reason why Airbus is building the A321XLR, even though the 321neo already has more range then the 321ceo. You do need the fuel efficiency of the Leaps and GTFs to do the range/payload the B757 can.

Not to mention that, once the industry rebounds, there's potential for more Transatlantics from smaller airports, like for example, EGGD-KMCO or even EGHI-KJFK - if EGHI gets that runway extension, that is.

Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Holger Teutsch said:

What about starting an A319 hype?

maintenance is still busy lasty time i checked in. the engines were also serviced. :D

Peter Hastings
2 hours ago, Robin Locher said:

I flew one week ago to VIE with A319 IAE. It was beautiful.

Maybe someone like to watch :)

You are lucky to be flying, but the sharklet hype doesn't seem strong here...

Steven Silva
4 hours ago, Patrick Hildebrand said:

It is because we have to wait for the A319 first. And we does not see anything about the A319 so the SL is far away in my opionion

You are absolutely right, the update for the A319 is very slow, I hope it will be launched this week in the first week of September and the sharklets if I see them very far

Robert Sutherland
2 hours ago, Steven Silva said:

You are absolutely right, the update for the A319 is very slow, I hope it will be launched this week in the first week of September and the sharklets if I see them very far

The A319 has to undergo a greater change than the A321 did, because the A319 has to be updated with PBR -- whereas the original A321 had PBR already.

It took about 2 and a half months for the FSL A320 to get updated for P3D v5 with PBR etc, so factor that into the A319 and you'll have some idea as to how long it will take. 

• Sad 1
Steven Silva
17 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

The A319 has to undergo a greater change than the A321 did, because the A319 has to be updated with PBR -- whereas the original A321 had PBR already.

It took about 2 and a half months for the FSL A320 to get updated for P3D v5 with PBR etc, so factor that into the A319 and you'll have some idea as to how long it will take. 

if there is a lot of work ahead, we just have to wait and enjoy what we have

• Like 2
Marc Stanford
5 hours ago, Steven Silva said:

if there is a lot of work ahead, we just have to wait and enjoy what we have

And I'm not gonna be surprised if the Sharklets come near the end of the year, it would be like releasing it on the first year anniversary of the FSL A321.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
Marc Stanford
20 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Here ya go, sharks 

Screenshot_3.png

Is this MSFS? The clouds look like it.

• Like 1