Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Marc Stanford

Man after this it's gonna be the A3XX hype. Funny thing is it won't be revealed until much later so the whole thread will be a huge guessing game, it's kinda like those Steve Harvey shows but FSL edition LOL

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Timm Rehberg

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Hi all – As Lefteris commented on, one of my favourite areas of the updated models, besides the PBR, is the cabin windows. Each window has now been remodelled in detail - and we've also modelled

I've elected to stay away from this until now as it gives people an opportunity to joke around, vent their frustrations on a "perceived delay" of our release (even though I've explained the reasons be

Posted Images

Marc Stanford
22 hours ago, Antti Salo said:

Yes, that's what I was looking for!

So many right guesses here anyway that I'm gonna reveal that it is indeed a sharklet. Here's one of a non-shark, where you can see the different shape of the wing root fairing.

DSC_9550.thumb.jpg.4d382da481b311b9099307939c1c5ecb.jpg

From behind/above it's easier to see the "mound" the sharklet wing has.

DSC_9246.thumb.jpg.a0325bacb0c72f5136c2d4b6569bff40.jpgDSC_9244.thumb.jpg.cb7661676f887821dd2fff9c66536275.jpg

Leaked beta pics of the FSL sharklets of FS2020. If you ask me they did a damned good job especially with the models/textures.

• Like 1
Timm Rehberg
6 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

Leaked beta pics of the FSL sharklets of FS2020. If you ask me they did a damned good job especially with the models/textures.

Thats FSL2021. Own flight sim made by Flight Sim Labs. Just because its not Airbus Sim Labs ;):D :ph34r:

Marc Stanford

Ok guys let's steer this back to the main topic, found a good documentary of the upcoming Sharklets!

• Like 1
Robin Locher

If you want you can watch my Video. Its A320 with sharklets. Beautiful depature from Mallorca:)
These sharklets looks beautiful arent they?

• Like 2
David Norfolk

Only the real OGs remember when this first started out as a sharklet thread. 

• Like 1
William Hudson
14 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Only the real OGs remember when this first started out as a sharklet thread. 

How I miss the times of your daily Sharklet image, ah memories! 

Patrick Hildebrand

After Leftris announcement where he mentioned „couple of weeks“ I thought we can fly the Sharks during my holidays in august. Now there are my holidays and there are no sharks and the A319 for V5 either

Koen Meier
5 minutes ago, Patrick Hildebrand said:

After Leftris announcement where he mentioned „couple of weeks“ I thought we can fly the Sharks during my holidays in august. Now there are my holidays and there are no sharks and the A319 for V5 either

It took a month for the a321 so I base my estimates on that now. And I believe Andrew said somewhere on this forum that he flew the a320 sharklets.

Bob Zolto

A month from the A321, maybe, to the A319 then another month or so to the Sharklets.  Then a new hype thread for the MSFS2020 iterations. 

Koen Meier
15 minutes ago, Bob Zolto said:

A month from the A321, maybe, to the A319 then another month or so to the Sharklets.  Then a new hype thread for the MSFS2020 iterations. 

you forgot one. hypethread for unnammed project.

Pascal Wagner

Just sitting at KATL heading KBOS with this beautiful plane. Nice proposal as flight for flightsimmers over the weekend. It will be def my first flight once the sharks are published. Its a wonderful and nice approach in Boston. 

IMG_20200808_130130.jpg

• Like 3
Paul Parkin

Something I've noticed about the sharklets is that at night you can quite clearly see the strobes in the cabin reflecting off the front window thing in Wizz aircraft, I'm guessing it's to do with them being more forward-facing than the old fences?

Matth1a5 Knu€tt€l
15 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Thanks for my new Sperrbildschirmhintergrundbild. :D

Do you need it in a higher resolution? :P

Marc Stanford
51 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

A year ago, family vacation, MUC-CFU

D6C36BD4-9B68-41D6-B871-CA7B2ABAA67F.thumb.jpeg.cf5d9e8311795d7a42f12c7095822256.jpeg

What airline was this?

Stu Antonio

yup, that was eurowings. 
funny side note: my brother was the FO on this flight (and the return), which was the only way I could get my wife comfortable enough to board a plane :D 

guess what she thought about this rather unusual cycling approach he did (due to weather/wind) :D 

IMG_2264.thumb.jpg.46d40d085f3880565092857bafed24a2.jpg

6 hours ago, Daniel Reber said:

Probably the worst looking Sharklet out there:wacko:

IMG_2583.JPG

I hope no one is making this livery after the sharklet release :lol:

• Confused 1
Norman Blackburn
38 minutes ago, Tim Nitz said:

Should I post pictures of it around the office Tim?

• Haha 3
Daniel Reber
53 minutes ago, Tim Nitz said:

I hope that somebody will. I´m part of probably the biggest BVB rival and I´d tend to say that I hate this team, but on the other hand, at least in real life, it´s kinda special though to board an aircraft which is the "official" aircraft of professional football players, of one of the most known teams and one of the best worldwide. 

I also like the livery because of it´s overall style, but on the Sharklet, the only thing you see is the logo of that team, so the sharklet looks really bad if you look at it from the inside. However, from the outside it fits just fine to the overall livery.   

• Like 2
Pascal Wagner

Sorry but this is the best plane ever. A must as day one livery. The management from EW are heros. Not that they are having this livery in their fleet, no they even flew Schalke supporters back from england. A masterpiece of the team who is dealing with scheduling. 

9e0f6e1c4e9539dc7b8146fb9b79b651.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Björn Bräuer

Actually, very true. A fantastic livery, very well fits the Airbus - however, not easy to repaint...

Some weeks ago all Eurowings a/c were parked on German aprons because of Corona.

Every time we made an low approach there all the white painted a/c were lined up in order and appeared very similar - except for this one. You could easily spot it multiples miles on final...

So, yeah, would be a very nice addition!

Best, Björn

Marc Stanford
23 hours ago, Matth1a5 Knu€tt€l said:

This shark has lost its way across the river Thames... :blink:

img_0008dvjbm.jpg

Yikes! FS2020 never looked better and it seems we have a leaked Sharklets expansion for it too! Can't wait to fly the Sharklets for MSFS. I wish.

Marc Stanford

I hope the dev team is considering adding in STEP ALTs into the FMS when the Sharklets expansion comes out. It's a commonly used feature especially on longer flights where the flight plan has you stepping your cruise flight level.

duartevieira
25 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

I hope the dev team is considering adding in STEP ALTs into the FMS when the Sharklets expansion comes out. It's a commonly used feature especially on longer flights where the flight plan has you stepping your cruise flight level.

Why can’t you just relax and let Them do their work in peace you just keep going on and on even after the devs asked you many times to stop with these childish questions and assumptions that you make every other day 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 13
Marc Stanford

Love the latest update, I'm getting better frames with the A321 especially at heavy airports such as SunSkyJets Detroit Metro, thanks team!