• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Timm Rehberg

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Hi all – As Lefteris commented on, one of my favourite areas of the updated models, besides the PBR, is the cabin windows. Each window has now been remodelled in detail - and we've also modelled

I've elected to stay away from this until now as it gives people an opportunity to joke around, vent their frustrations on a "perceived delay" of our release (even though I've explained the reasons be

Posted Images

Koen Meier
4 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Before we talk about a EFB feature, lets talk about the shinish of the upcoming A319-X :wub:^_^
Freshly polished :) 

well she wont be polished for long after the hanager doors open to let her out of her c maintenacne check.

• Like 1
Steven Silva
2 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Cohete de vuelta en los cielos :RE
Alcanzando crz en 10min:RE 

2 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

Crz en 40 min mucho mejor

the A319 or Sharklets?

Timm Rehberg
21 hours ago, Christoph Sebek said:

Forget it !

Forget it ?

Forget it.

Eventually.

What?

Eventually I will forget.

No, no. Now!

Now?

:lol:

Forget it. He probably knows nothing! Maybe we should start asking someone else. @Andrew Wilson maybe? :P:D 

• Haha 2
John Barnes
28 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

When all else fails...

Lefti pls

Firstly.

Calling  him Lefti will get you nothing. 

Secondly.

He knows nothing.

:P

• Haha 4
Norman Blackburn
1 hour ago, Koen Meier said:

so if both the testers and devs dont know anything then who does know something?

When you really really need to know there is only one solid source of information.  The office cleaners.

• Haha 3
Koen Meier
Just now, Norman Blackburn said:

When you really really need to know there is only one solid source of information.  The office cleaners.

the source of all company rumours.

Timm Rehberg
54 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

so if both the testers and devs dont know anything then who does know something?

I told you, Andrew. No one ever said he also knows nothing! B)

Stu Antonio

The 319 will get me through the summer until the sharklets arrive... 
Speaking of which: how's the baby sister coming along? :)

• Like 1
Marc Stanford
1 hour ago, John Barnes said:

Firstly.

Calling  him Lefti will get you nothing. 

Secondly.

He knows nothing.

:P

Your right!

Lefteris Please

He knows everything, he’s the coder of the Matrix!

David Norfolk

I'm just here because I heard someone say sharklets 

• Haha 2
Antti Salo

While we're waiting, here's a little quiz. Can you guys tell if this one is a sharklet or not? Some vital clues have been cropped and shopped out, but you should be able to distinguish from this angle. So which one is it, and what gives it away?

DSC_0139-Edit.thumb.jpg.d48dfcb17a26b1c789fac8c41283b0ff.jpg

(Sorry for attempting to steer this thread toward meaningful discussion about sharklets... :P)

Aaron Forero
59 minutes ago, Antti Salo said:

While we're waiting, here's a little quiz. Can you guys tell if this one is a sharklet or not? Some vital clues have been cropped and shopped out, but you should be able to distinguish from this angle. So which one is it, and what gives it away?

DSC_0139-Edit.thumb.jpg.d48dfcb17a26b1c789fac8c41283b0ff.jpg

(Sorry for attempting to steer this thread toward meaningful discussion about sharklets... :P)

It is a Shark... nose wheel lights and the edges of the doors.... Those are the LED lights. Pretty awesome at night

Marc Stanford
2 hours ago, Aaron Forero said:

It is a Shark... nose wheel lights and the edges of the doors.... Those are the LED lights. Pretty awesome at night

I was gonna say it was a Shark because of the satdome.

Marc Stanford

I guess I can give up FS2020 for now until FSL confirms the Airbuses will be in there. It's my primary rating and I have learned so much of this plane more than any other.

• Like 2
Christoph Sebek

Everyone can enjoy MSFS if they want to. But it will take some time, as many streamers also suggested, to have third-party developers have their things ready for the new sim. Meanwhile, enjoy what you got and enjoy flying, rather than waiting. ^_^

• Like 2
Petri Koivisto
7 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

I was gonna say it was a Shark because of the satdome.

The non-sharks have the satcom wi-fi antenna too. But yeah i'm gonna say it's a sharky too, like Aaron said led-lights (not sure if some of the old ones have those retrofitted?) and those door sills. And that engine looks like an IAE to me. :D

Good one, Antti!

Antti Salo
10 hours ago, Aaron Forero said:

LED lights and satdomes can be retrofitted on older frames too. Not sure about the door frames, but I believe they are the same.

So, any more guesses?

Robert Sutherland
16 minutes ago, Antti Salo said:

LED lights and satdomes can be retrofitted on older frames too. Not sure about the door frames, but I believe they are the same.

So, any more guesses?

Is it something to do with the wing root? 

Antti Salo
4 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

Is it something to do with the wing root? 

Yes, that's what I was looking for!

So many right guesses here anyway that I'm gonna reveal that it is indeed a sharklet. Here's one of a non-shark, where you can see the different shape of the wing root fairing.

DSC_9550.thumb.jpg.4d382da481b311b9099307939c1c5ecb.jpg

From behind/above it's easier to see the "mound" the sharklet wing has.

DSC_9246.thumb.jpg.a0325bacb0c72f5136c2d4b6569bff40.jpgDSC_9244.thumb.jpg.cb7661676f887821dd2fff9c66536275.jpg

• Thanks 1
Antti Salo

And here's a little comparison of the doors. Indeed the newer ones have a slightly rounded look, which is apparently just down to the way they are painted. Possibly a branding thing by Airbus, like the mascara around the cockpit windows some planes have?

DSC_9562.jpg.d9ec70edc3d3d183e864212dc9225cab.jpgDSC_9563.jpg.36ddd201b4c616c62e74cb8feb740f80.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Marc Stanford

It would have been awesome if FSL released the Sharklets first then worked down from that to like EIS1 or even the A320-100 prototypes.

• Like 4
Timm Rehberg
1 hour ago, Marc Stanford said:

It would have been awesome if FSL released the Sharklets first then worked down from that to like EIS1 or even the A320-100 prototypes.

It would have been awesome if you were a serious, very good Coding development or 3D modeling development expert and could apply to Flight Sim Labs to increase everything! :rolleyes:B)

Johannes Lehmann

EIS 1 Airbusses have an amazing atmosphere.

Yet FSL probably isn‘t a NPO, they will have to look at what’s senseful. So I doubt that we will ever see an EIS 1 variant.

Also think of the amount of Aircraft that are still not developed: E2 Jets, A220, A340, A350, A380...

Marc Stanford

I actually do wonder if the Sharklet expansion will be released before this thread hits 100 pages.

Danny Moore
I actually do wonder if the Sharklet expansion will be released before this thread hits 100 pages.

At the rate your posting in this thread, it will easily exceed 100 before it’s released, LOL.

I wonder who has posted the most comments in this thread would be a cool to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1