Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Robin Locher
20 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

How can this be possible? If the thing weighs 200kg, that means even without it 2-3 big guys could put a neo out of it‘s CG limits when they meet in the aft galley?

I do not know. They want to do something with a software update. 

Lufthansa has sometimes problems with CG. The Piilots tells the Cabin Crew, that the PAX are not allowed to move until CRZ

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Timm Rehberg

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Hi all – As Lefteris commented on, one of my favourite areas of the updated models, besides the PBR, is the cabin windows. Each window has now been remodelled in detail - and we've also modelled

I've elected to stay away from this until now as it gives people an opportunity to joke around, vent their frustrations on a "perceived delay" of our release (even though I've explained the reasons be

Posted Images

Daniel Reber
20 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

How can this be possible? If the thing weighs 200kg, that means even without it 2-3 big guys could put a neo out of it‘s CG limits when they meet in the aft galley?

There´ll be a maximum of 1 big person in the rear. Other than many might think, flight attendants are mainly there for safety throughour the entire flight ad they´ll manage that accordingly. 

Stu Antonio
7 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

There´ll be a maximum of 1 big person in the rear. Other than many might think, flight attendants are mainly there for safety throughour the entire flight ad they´ll manage that accordingly. 

10 minutes ago, Robin Locher said:

I do not know. They want to do something with a software update. 

Lufthansa has sometimes problems with CG. The Piilots tells the Cabin Crew, that the PAX are not allowed to move until CRZ

Interesting. I usually fly LH quite a lot during the year (not these days though), but I never noticed a policy like that.
This actually sounds a little frightening. What do they tell them? "Sir, please return to your seat, there is already one big guy on the toilet and we don't want the plane to fall out of the sky, do we?" :D  ...

Daniel Reber
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

Interesting. I usually fly LH quite a lot during the year (not these days though), but I never noticed a policy like that.
This actually sounds a little frightening. What do they tell them? "Sir, please return to your seat, there is already one big guy on the toilet and we don't want the plane to fall out of the sky, do we?" :D  ...

In case, they just say that there´s only a max. allowed number of people who may be in the rear area (for safety reasons) and that that amount of people has been reached, so they´ll tell the person once the person can go to the toilet in the rear or whatsoever.

Robin Locher
Just now, Timm Rehberg said:

Why is there no software feature taking care of the CG problem? :ph34r:

Last year they talked about a software update for the A320 NEOs mid 2020. I do not heard anything since then. 

Koen Meier
4 minutes ago, John Barnes said:

Sooooo. Back to the sharks.

I see you are out of the dungeon. :D Are they released to the secret club for testing?

• Haha 1
Camille MOUCHEL
On 7/20/2020 at 8:05 AM, António Abreu said:

Don't really understand the excitement about shartlets. In the end you will be flying 99% of the time inside the cockpit and there ... is just the same. Unless of course you are planning to install an exterior rear view mirror, much like in the cars, just to see the sharklets in flight. :)

do we have a list of the new feature the sharklet extension will give ?

the most notable one is the EFB with navigraph chart, TO performance and landing performance ?

Norman Blackburn
6 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

do we have a list of the new feature the sharklet extension will give ?

the most notable one is the EFB with navigraph chart, TO performance and landing performance ?

I thought the most notable would be the big bendy bits at the end of the wings :) 

• Like 6
Camille MOUCHEL
26 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

I thought the most notable would be the big bendy bits at the end of the wings :) 

yes but knowing fslabs standard, that would mean aerodynamic performance dfference in fuel ocnsumption and handflying in crosswing, flight control computers updated....

or the sharlklet are just an eye candy ?

Koen Meier
10 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

yes but knowing fslabs standard, that would mean aerodynamic performance dfference in fuel ocnsumption and handflying in crosswing, flight control computers updated....

just read the news post from april the 16th. it mentions what is included.

• Like 1
David Norfolk

2 down boys 

Screenshot_2.png

• Like 7
Norman Blackburn
3 hours ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

Hi Camille,

Those that know, know we don’t do just eye candy.  If we did we would have had sharklets out before P3Dv5 was even rumoured.  In much the same way as the A319-X differs from Its longer cousins, so too do our Sharklets differ from those fitted with Wing Tip Fences.

• Like 3
Marc Fuolega
7 hours ago, John Barnes said:

I know nothing.

So why say back to sharks if there’s absolutely nothing new. 

Let’s have our fun and come back when you have news. ;)

Norman Blackburn
21 minutes ago, Marc Fuolega said:

Let’s have our fun and come back when you have news. ;)

Just so there is no confusion as moderators we make the decisions.  If its sharklets fun then thats fine.  Anything else will be removed.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd

Sharklets would finally allow to fly IAE Finnair birds... Cannot wait anymore ! Finnair is a funny case, as 6 out of 19 A321 are CFM without sharks, and the rest of their A32x fleet is also CFM. Such magnificent birds

File:Finnair, OH-LZR, Airbus A321-231 (40595813172).jpg ...

10 hours ago, Robin Locher said:

Last year they talked about a software update for the A320 NEOs mid 2020. I do not heard anything since then. 

Sorry by advance but just fyi this issue has been fixed and certified at the beginning of this year and was being deployed before the crisis started. It is available to all relevant operators in the most recent ELAC (maybe there was an SDAC update too?) part numbers. Just like our beloved FSLabs product, the real thing gets updated all the time :D

• Like 2
Marc Fuolega
2 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Just so there is no confusion as moderators we make the decisions.  If its sharklets fun then thats fine.  Anything else will be removed.

Just so there is no confusion: I was being tongue-in-cheek. I realize that friendly banter doesn't always translate well online, but how about giving people the benefit of the doubt? Way to overreact. ;)

Anyway, tell us something about sharklets?! Is it true they're made of sharks?

Norman Blackburn
10 minutes ago, Marc Fuolega said:

! Is it true they're made of sharks?

Dolphins. Baby ones.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
Marc Stanford
1 hour ago, David Porrett said:

So when the sharklets are released, what do we whine about next?

A3XX

• Like 3
Timm Rehberg

Enough IFR/Airliner flying for now. Good time for FSL to make some VFR planes :)

By the way: @ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd you may change the user name in the forum according to the forum rules in here before a moderator is coming with his whip :D
Its an incredible nice pic! That looks just nice! Imagine: FSL A321-X with Sharklets, Finnair, sun but snow in the night and new MK Studios Helsinki :wub: and probably not in P3D v5 :D:ph34r:
Ok - now I can expect the whip I guess :D:D:D

Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Enough IFR/Airliner flying for now. Good time for FSL to make some VFR planes :)

By the way: @ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd you may change the user name in the forum according to the forum rules in here before a moderator is coming with his whip :D
Its an incredible nice pic! That looks just nice! Imagine: FSL A321-X with Sharklets, Finnair, sun but snow in the night and new MK Studios Helsinki :wub: and probably not in P3D v5 :D:ph34r:

mods seem fine with how the name is displayed.

• Like 1
Timm Rehberg
1 minute ago, Koen Meier said:

mods seem fine with how the name is displayed.

:blink::D Wow. I coulnd't get what the name is. Give me 2 or 3 more coffee :D 

Camille MOUCHEL
13 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Camille,

Those that know, know we don’t do just eye candy.  If we did we would have had sharklets out before P3Dv5 was even rumoured.  In much the same way as the A319-X differs from Its longer cousins, so too do our Sharklets differ from those fitted with Wing Tip Fences.

I know, was juste wondering if the features of the upcomming SL expansions has been announced yet

Marc Stanford

I'm sure they will tell us everything when it's shortly before release.

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, John Barnes said:

Some have leaked, some have not.

what you havent leaked is what is the interesting part. for example what the EFB will able to do besiseds the charts and load display.

• Haha 1
ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd
1 hour ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Oh man, when that MK Studios EFHK comes out, i'll take out the Salmari to celebrate.... The AS one still works like a charm, but a newer one won't hurt !

Our dear Norman came up with my spoofed name. I don't want to hide my identity but I was affraid that people (ie recruiters or clients) could end up reading my rants here by googling the name, you know :wacko:

Another one, taken by my friend Vincent at LFBD. Sadly they were just stopping here to refulel on their way back from the canaries ! No passengers to be picked up :(
92708345_2963848060318865_2061323636219838464_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=84a396&_nc_ohc=y9v9G1q14a8AX-DTO2h&_nc_ht=scontent-cdt1-1.xx&oh=76207c427907eebe82ae885cb6e5dac1&oe=5F4ADC49

• Like 5
Eric Fisher
8 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

what you havent leaked is what is the interesting part. for example what the EFB will able to do besiseds the charts and load display.

If a web browser, I can log into my YouTube TV account and watch live TV during flight on the EFB. 

• Haha 1
Holger Teutsch

Or blackbox711 can look live at his own twitch stream. A true self-reflective situation.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 mit Tapatalk

Marc Stanford
16 hours ago, ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd said:

Oh man, when that MK Studios EFHK comes out, i'll take out the Salmari to celebrate.... The AS one still works like a charm, but a newer one won't hurt !

Our dear Norman came up with my spoofed name. I don't want to hide my identity but I was affraid that people (ie recruiters or clients) could end up reading my rants here by googling the name, you know :wacko:

Another one, taken by my friend Vincent at LFBD. Sadly they were just stopping here to refulel on their way back from the canaries ! No passengers to be picked up :(
92708345_2963848060318865_2061323636219838464_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=84a396&_nc_ohc=y9v9G1q14a8AX-DTO2h&_nc_ht=scontent-cdt1-1.xx&oh=76207c427907eebe82ae885cb6e5dac1&oe=5F4ADC49

Damn looks like Finair preordered FSL. No fair, I donated to give Norman a more comfortable dungeon!

Eamonn Jawhary

Not sure if this has been asked already but I wonder will the EFB have a remote browser application like the MCDU, would be cool if we could get it working on an actual tablet.  

Might have to invest in a 3rd haha

1a8681d4-d268-4a4d-becd-b413f87b203e.jpg

Christoph Sebek
25 minutes ago, John Barnes said:

I know nothing.

Reminds me of the Fawlty Towers horse betting episode when Manuel said the same thing. 

• Haha 1