Jump to content
David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

Recommended Posts

Koen Meier
5 minutes ago, Koki Yamagishi said:

A321 has been released! It looks like we have to update the A319 in between before the release of the Sharklet, does the A321 to A319 update take a month or so as well?

i wouldnt put a timeline to it. just wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Robin Locher

Yes yes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Stu Antonio
39 minutes ago, Koki Yamagishi said:

It looks like we have to update the A319 in between before the release of the Sharklet

This actually has been the plan all along, as stated in the roadmap announcement in April.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford

So do I have to uninstall everything or can I just install the A321 update over since it also includes stuff for the A320.

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
Just now, Marc Stanford said:

So do I have to uninstall everything or can I just install the A321 update over since it also includes stuff for the A320.

Well you need the a320 update before you can install the a321 update.

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford
5 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Well you need the a320 update before you can install the a321 update.

Ok so a full reinstall, got it.

Share this post


Link to post
Norman Blackburn
9 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Ok so a full reinstall, got it.

Not as bad as you make it sound :) 

Just install the A320-X and it will do all of the hard work for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford

Does the A321 update come with the SATDOME similar to that from the last A320X update?

Share this post


Link to post
Norman Blackburn
Just now, Marc Stanford said:

Does the A321 update come with the SATDOME similar to that from the last A320X update?

The A320-X didn't come with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
Just now, Marc Stanford said:

Does the A321 update come with the SATDOME similar to that from the last A320X update?

the satdome is offically a sharklet feature. it just slipped into the a320 update when that was officially released.

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford

Are the FSL servers down? I couldn't install the update.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Steven Riegel
5 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Are the FSL servers down? I couldn't install the update.

I was thinking the same thing... I was installing the A321x and it said it could not connect to FlightsimLabs. Asked me if I would like to continue anyways...?   It still installed but I thought it was strange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford

So now that we have this all we need is the A319 and hopefully it should take less time than the A321.

Then by a long shot we should have sharklets by the end of next month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Timm Rehberg
7 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

So now that we have this all we need is the A319 and hopefully it should take less time than the A321.

Be informed the A321-X was the first one to introduce PBR on the outside model back in P3D v4.

Share this post


Link to post
Norman Blackburn
10 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

So now that we have this all we need is the A319 and hopefully it should take less time than the A321.

Then by a long shot we should have sharklets by the end of next month. 

Hi Marc,

Lets have a little agreement.  

You stop with these guessing posts and I won't place your posts in moderation.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Daniel Reber
3 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

The A320-X didn't come with it.

Damn. Tried the same entry, but didn´t work for me...:(

Haven´t tested it yet, but does the dome still work on the A320?

Share this post


Link to post
James Littler
2 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

Damn. Tried the same entry, but didn´t work for me...:(

Haven´t tested it yet, but does the dome still work on the A320?

Dome still works for the A320-X but not for the A321-X

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Daniel Reber
25 minutes ago, James Littler said:

Dome still works for the A320-X but not for the A321-X

Thank you. Really don´t know why they don´t let us have it on the A321 as well. It would look soo nice on the 321

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
4 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

Thank you. Really don´t know why they don´t let us have it on the A321 as well. It would look soo nice on the 321

Cause they are on the sharklets.

Share this post


Link to post
Markus Burkhard
40 minutes ago, James Littler said:

Dome still works for the A320-X but not for the A321-X

No it doesn't "work". You do not get the associated cockpit controls with it, nor the performance penalty. But if you guys are happy with just having visuals, well why not, saves us a LOT of development work! :ph34r:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Daniel Reber
7 minutes ago, Markus Burkhard said:

No it doesn't "work". You do not get the associated cockpit controls with it, nor the performance penalty. But if you guys are happy with just having visuals, well why not, saves us a LOT of development work! :ph34r:

Tbh, of course, different performance, etc. would be great, but I´d rather have "just" a 3D model of it, without any new performence than no dome at all...

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
8 minutes ago, Markus Burkhard said:

No it doesn't "work". You do not get the associated cockpit controls with it, nor the performance penalty. But if you guys are happy with just having visuals, well why not, saves us a LOT of development work! :ph34r:

Fine with me. Not sure about the rest.

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford

Man it really does suck the satdome isn't on the A321 but hey the window blinds are very neat! 

I'm wondering if the satdome will be available on the wingfence variants once the sharklets are out because I have seen some airframes such as Jetblue's fence A320s with the satdome.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford

Hey Norman I have a few questions for you:

1. Is it possible to see the window shades animate?

2. In some carriers here in the US when it's really hot they close all the window shades to keep the cabin cool, is this modeled and if not can it possible be considered for a future update?

It's a great update and one of the best Airbus models for FS.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Steven Silva
15 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Hey Norman I have a few questions for you:

1. Is it possible to see the window shades animate?

2. In some carriers here in the US when it's really hot they close all the window shades to keep the cabin cool, is this modeled and if not can it possible be considered for a future update?

It's a great update and one of the best Airbus models for FS.

And I also add that it would be very good to see the trail of the air conditioning and I do not know why some photos and videos the colors of the cabin panels (the letters and drawings) look different from my version released today 07/28/2020 they look yellow guy is there a way to modify colors or is it just because of video or photo effects?

Share this post


Link to post
Norman Blackburn
58 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

1. Is it possible to see the window shades animate?

2. In some carriers here in the US when it's really hot they close all the window shades to keep the cabin cool, is this modeled and if not can it possible be considered for a future update?

Yes for both.  Not sure what that has to do with Sharklets though.

Share this post


Link to post
Norman Blackburn
43 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

And I also add that it would be very good to see the trail of the air conditioning

If you mean the misting in the cabin then that already exists.  Again, not sure what this has to do with Sharklets though.

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford

So the sharklet wings are more flexible then the traditional ones, does the FSL Sharklets model the bounciness of the wings? especially during turbulence. I believe I saw something here when the A320 update was released that the wings were more flexible as bedrock for the sharklet expansion but i'm not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Steven Silva
21 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Si te refieres a la nebulización en la cabina, entonces eso ya existe. De nuevo, no estoy seguro de qué tiene que ver esto con Sharklets.

 

ok Norman excuse me

Share this post


Link to post
Aaron Forero
5 hours ago, Markus Burkhard said:

No it doesn't "work". You do not get the associated cockpit controls with it, nor the performance penalty. But if you guys are happy with just having visuals, well why not, saves us a LOT of development work! :ph34r:

Personally I LOVE the in depth you guys adopt into every system. The details are everything. I know this is the Sharklet hype... but let me say that I want to congratulate you and show my admiration for all the hard work you've done so far. 

I know there's a lot of excitement for the Sharklets and other details. But those details being given a sense of reality through the way you fly is the point where FSlabs excels. The time our friends developers require will be equivalent to a job well done, as we've seen so far. 

I prefer detail. For sure. And once again :) Congratulations. 

Maybe some ideas? Mood lighting?

2051267357_ALFAROYALXINTERIOR-copia.thumb.png.d81f574aff013d60900ab425ce65db27.png

I've tried to "simulate" a mood lighting system prior the last updates and manage to make some with the current version with Spotlight. How about that huh? 

How about MINT product or AA First Class inside the cabin of the A321? That's a couple of Sharklet interior options. Just a thought and opinion..... 

And to make it legit a hype... here I give you  some more Sharks....

IMG_E3892.thumb.JPG.a5a6952e8bfd20108ab7b9fc8019ae4c.JPGIMG_2990.thumb.JPG.fa579558e172986a060b5d25132a5ebf.JPG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Danny Moore
Yes for both.  Not sure what that has to do with Sharklets though.

LOL, looks like a back door attempt at getting more information to me.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford

Just saw the window blinds in action especially in hot 30C weather, Maria and the team are pure genius. Do the closed shades have any effect on the cabin environment will it be cooler on hot days with the shades down compared to before?

I can't thank you guys enough for a top quality plane!

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Marvin Toepfer
1 hour ago, Marc Stanford said:

Just saw the window blinds in action especially in hot 30C weather, Maria and the team are pure genius. Do the closed shades have any effect on the cabin environment will it be cooler on hot days with the shades down compared to before?

I can't thank you guys enough for a top quality plane!

Marc, really...? 
Go and find out things by yourself. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Robin Locher
8 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

Fine with me. Not sure about the rest.

Fine for me too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Robin Locher
4 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

So the sharklet wings are more flexible then the traditional ones, does the FSL Sharklets model the bounciness of the wings? especially during turbulence. I believe I saw something here when the A320 update was released that the wings were more flexible as bedrock for the sharklet expansion but i'm not sure.

They just made some improvements with the wingflex since the V5 A320 update. Nothing to do with Sharklets.

Share this post


Link to post
Robert Sutherland
12 hours ago, Daniel Reber said:

Tbh, of course, different performance, etc. would be great, but I´d rather have "just" a 3D model of it, without any new performence than no dome at all...

Why spend the money you have done on the FSLabs planes if you don't want the attention to detail?

The reason all these updates take time is because they model them to exacting standards, so when the satdom is installed they factor in the weight, drag and subsequent performance impact. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
António Abreu

Do you really believe that a sat dome has some meaningful impact on weight / drag / performance? Hmm ... I think I will advise the pilot in my next trip before adding an extra pair of shoes to my luggage. :) 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a super-fan of realism but this is a bit too much and, from my perspective, irrealistic in practical terms because real aircrafts are not that sensitive to such minor changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Timm Rehberg
8 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

Hey Norman I have a few questions for you:

1. Is it possible to see the window shades animate?

I am not Norman but have posted it already to the A320-X update but here you can see them:

agnr3a8h.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Timm Rehberg
5 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

Just saw the window blinds in action especially in hot 30C weather, Maria and the team are pure genius. Do the closed shades have any effect on the cabin environment will it be cooler on hot days with the shades down compared to before?

I can't thank you guys enough for a top quality plane!

Plus you will see the GSX passengers leave without a sun-burn in the face! Its a win-win-win feature ;)
Addtional: Take care to use the sun-blinds in the cockpit otherwise you will get a sun-burn in your face - your real face at home! Its a windows-feature made by Bill Gates :P:) *

 

*find some humor if you want :P:D

Share this post


Link to post
Daniel Reber
17 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

Why spend the money you have done on the FSLabs planes if you don't want the attention to detail?

The reason all these updates take time is because they model them to exacting standards, so when the satdom is installed they factor in the weight, drag and subsequent performance impact. 

Well, in this case, there are two different sides. Take John´s D-AIZC. This aircraft represents a real Lufthansa A320. AND, in real life, it has the satdome installed. The thing now is, that you have to decide, what´s more realistic for you. It´s either flying D-AIZC without satdome in the sim, with the real aircraft being equipped with it, or having it equipped on your FSL bus but without the added weight, different performance, etc. 

For me personally, I see it more realistic to have the satdome attached but like "without function" rather than representing a real aircraft without the satdome attached. 

Just because that´s my way of thinking, it´s not the case that I just spend the money because it´s fun to spend that much money (which is obviously not true). 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Norman Blackburn

Daniel,

We have explained this countless times.  Until its officially released any paints that have a satdome are nothing more than a bunch of unsupported pixels that could vanish at any update.   As such its best to ignore them for now.

25 minutes ago, António Abreu said:

Do you really believe that a sat dome has some meaningful impact on weight / drag / performance?

Try again, they do.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Daniel Reber
23 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Daniel,

We have explained this countless times.  Until its officially released any paints that have a satdome are nothing more than a bunch of unsupported pixels that could vanish at any update.   As such its best to ignore them for now.

I do know that, Norman, however, that doesn´t change the fact, that some people like it better this way and others like it better that way, does it?

Share this post


Link to post
Timm Rehberg
6 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

I do know that, Norman, however, that doesn´t change the fact, that some people like it better this way and others like it better that way, does it?

I like to have the Sharklets rather than a updated A319-X. Does that like change the business decision of FSL? Nope.
Stick to what the team has decided - live with or without the satdome antenna, you will not get it earlier and changed anyway.

Its a freak'in antenna. Get to use all available features, enjoy the more performance, look at the window blinds close and open, enjoy stunning landings and a freak'in slow climb with the heavy and long A321-X :D

... and I forgot: Enjoy the stunning, detailled available liverys out there! Poeple spend hours, days and weeks to represend each and every detail in terms of colors, logos, stickers,.. :wub: who cares about a white ugly antenna? :D 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Robin Locher

Satcom has also an Impact of CG. 
That is the reason why some NEOs has got problem with weight and balance. So LH has got no Satcoms ordered for the NEOs
So they are some chances

Share this post


Link to post
Timm Rehberg

You better stop now. First you speak about a feature which is not even official announced and released, you want, and now you bring in NEO's.

Its what it is. If you want them, attach them to your A320-X of your choice (but you won´t get any support and effect). If you don´t, dont do it. On the A321-X there is no chance to get them on yet.

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...