Jump to content

Sharklet Hype


David Norfolk

Recommended Posts

Timm Rehberg
7 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

So now that we have this all we need is the A319 and hopefully it should take less time than the A321.

Be informed the A321-X was the first one to introduce PBR on the outside model back in P3D v4.

Link to post
  • Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Timm Rehberg

    458

  • David Norfolk

    443

  • Koen Meier

    395

  • Marc Stanford

    330

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Hi all – As Lefteris commented on, one of my favourite areas of the updated models, besides the PBR, is the cabin windows. Each window has now been remodelled in detail - and we've also modelled

I've elected to stay away from this until now as it gives people an opportunity to joke around, vent their frustrations on a "perceived delay" of our release (even though I've explained the reasons be

Posted Images

Norman Blackburn
10 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

So now that we have this all we need is the A319 and hopefully it should take less time than the A321.

Then by a long shot we should have sharklets by the end of next month. 

Hi Marc,

Lets have a little agreement.  

You stop with these guessing posts and I won't place your posts in moderation.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 10
Link to post
Daniel Reber
3 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

The A320-X didn't come with it.

Damn. Tried the same entry, but didn´t work for me...:(

Haven´t tested it yet, but does the dome still work on the A320?

Link to post
James Littler
2 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

Damn. Tried the same entry, but didn´t work for me...:(

Haven´t tested it yet, but does the dome still work on the A320?

Dome still works for the A320-X but not for the A321-X

  • Like 1
Link to post
Daniel Reber
25 minutes ago, James Littler said:

Dome still works for the A320-X but not for the A321-X

Thank you. Really don´t know why they don´t let us have it on the A321 as well. It would look soo nice on the 321

Link to post
Koen Meier
4 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

Thank you. Really don´t know why they don´t let us have it on the A321 as well. It would look soo nice on the 321

Cause they are on the sharklets.

Link to post
Markus Burkhard
40 minutes ago, James Littler said:

Dome still works for the A320-X but not for the A321-X

No it doesn't "work". You do not get the associated cockpit controls with it, nor the performance penalty. But if you guys are happy with just having visuals, well why not, saves us a LOT of development work! :ph34r:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Daniel Reber
7 minutes ago, Markus Burkhard said:

No it doesn't "work". You do not get the associated cockpit controls with it, nor the performance penalty. But if you guys are happy with just having visuals, well why not, saves us a LOT of development work! :ph34r:

Tbh, of course, different performance, etc. would be great, but I´d rather have "just" a 3D model of it, without any new performence than no dome at all...

Link to post
Koen Meier
8 minutes ago, Markus Burkhard said:

No it doesn't "work". You do not get the associated cockpit controls with it, nor the performance penalty. But if you guys are happy with just having visuals, well why not, saves us a LOT of development work! :ph34r:

Fine with me. Not sure about the rest.

Link to post
Marc Stanford

Man it really does suck the satdome isn't on the A321 but hey the window blinds are very neat! 

I'm wondering if the satdome will be available on the wingfence variants once the sharklets are out because I have seen some airframes such as Jetblue's fence A320s with the satdome.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Marc Stanford

Hey Norman I have a few questions for you:

1. Is it possible to see the window shades animate?

2. In some carriers here in the US when it's really hot they close all the window shades to keep the cabin cool, is this modeled and if not can it possible be considered for a future update?

It's a great update and one of the best Airbus models for FS.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Steven Silva
15 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Hey Norman I have a few questions for you:

1. Is it possible to see the window shades animate?

2. In some carriers here in the US when it's really hot they close all the window shades to keep the cabin cool, is this modeled and if not can it possible be considered for a future update?

It's a great update and one of the best Airbus models for FS.

And I also add that it would be very good to see the trail of the air conditioning and I do not know why some photos and videos the colors of the cabin panels (the letters and drawings) look different from my version released today 07/28/2020 they look yellow guy is there a way to modify colors or is it just because of video or photo effects?

Link to post
Norman Blackburn
58 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

1. Is it possible to see the window shades animate?

2. In some carriers here in the US when it's really hot they close all the window shades to keep the cabin cool, is this modeled and if not can it possible be considered for a future update?

Yes for both.  Not sure what that has to do with Sharklets though.

Link to post
Norman Blackburn
43 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

And I also add that it would be very good to see the trail of the air conditioning

If you mean the misting in the cabin then that already exists.  Again, not sure what this has to do with Sharklets though.

Link to post
Marc Stanford

So the sharklet wings are more flexible then the traditional ones, does the FSL Sharklets model the bounciness of the wings? especially during turbulence. I believe I saw something here when the A320 update was released that the wings were more flexible as bedrock for the sharklet expansion but i'm not sure.

Link to post
Steven Silva
21 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Si te refieres a la nebulización en la cabina, entonces eso ya existe. De nuevo, no estoy seguro de qué tiene que ver esto con Sharklets.

 

ok Norman excuse me

Link to post
Aaron Forero
5 hours ago, Markus Burkhard said:

No it doesn't "work". You do not get the associated cockpit controls with it, nor the performance penalty. But if you guys are happy with just having visuals, well why not, saves us a LOT of development work! :ph34r:

Personally I LOVE the in depth you guys adopt into every system. The details are everything. I know this is the Sharklet hype... but let me say that I want to congratulate you and show my admiration for all the hard work you've done so far. 

I know there's a lot of excitement for the Sharklets and other details. But those details being given a sense of reality through the way you fly is the point where FSlabs excels. The time our friends developers require will be equivalent to a job well done, as we've seen so far. 

I prefer detail. For sure. And once again :) Congratulations. 

Maybe some ideas? Mood lighting?

2051267357_ALFAROYALXINTERIOR-copia.thumb.png.d81f574aff013d60900ab425ce65db27.png

I've tried to "simulate" a mood lighting system prior the last updates and manage to make some with the current version with Spotlight. How about that huh? 

How about MINT product or AA First Class inside the cabin of the A321? That's a couple of Sharklet interior options. Just a thought and opinion..... 

And to make it legit a hype... here I give you  some more Sharks....

IMG_E3892.thumb.JPG.a5a6952e8bfd20108ab7b9fc8019ae4c.JPGIMG_2990.thumb.JPG.fa579558e172986a060b5d25132a5ebf.JPG

  • Like 1
Link to post
Danny Moore
Yes for both.  Not sure what that has to do with Sharklets though.

LOL, looks like a back door attempt at getting more information to me.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Link to post
Marc Stanford

Just saw the window blinds in action especially in hot 30C weather, Maria and the team are pure genius. Do the closed shades have any effect on the cabin environment will it be cooler on hot days with the shades down compared to before?

I can't thank you guys enough for a top quality plane!

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Marvin Toepfer
1 hour ago, Marc Stanford said:

Just saw the window blinds in action especially in hot 30C weather, Maria and the team are pure genius. Do the closed shades have any effect on the cabin environment will it be cooler on hot days with the shades down compared to before?

I can't thank you guys enough for a top quality plane!

Marc, really...? 
Go and find out things by yourself. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Robin Locher
4 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

So the sharklet wings are more flexible then the traditional ones, does the FSL Sharklets model the bounciness of the wings? especially during turbulence. I believe I saw something here when the A320 update was released that the wings were more flexible as bedrock for the sharklet expansion but i'm not sure.

They just made some improvements with the wingflex since the V5 A320 update. Nothing to do with Sharklets.

Link to post
Robert Sutherland
12 hours ago, Daniel Reber said:

Tbh, of course, different performance, etc. would be great, but I´d rather have "just" a 3D model of it, without any new performence than no dome at all...

Why spend the money you have done on the FSLabs planes if you don't want the attention to detail?

The reason all these updates take time is because they model them to exacting standards, so when the satdom is installed they factor in the weight, drag and subsequent performance impact. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
António Abreu

Do you really believe that a sat dome has some meaningful impact on weight / drag / performance? Hmm ... I think I will advise the pilot in my next trip before adding an extra pair of shoes to my luggage. :) 

Don't get me wrong, I'm a super-fan of realism but this is a bit too much and, from my perspective, irrealistic in practical terms because real aircrafts are not that sensitive to such minor changes.

Link to post
Timm Rehberg
8 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

Hey Norman I have a few questions for you:

1. Is it possible to see the window shades animate?

I am not Norman but have posted it already to the A320-X update but here you can see them:

agnr3a8h.gif

 

Link to post
Timm Rehberg
5 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

Just saw the window blinds in action especially in hot 30C weather, Maria and the team are pure genius. Do the closed shades have any effect on the cabin environment will it be cooler on hot days with the shades down compared to before?

I can't thank you guys enough for a top quality plane!

Plus you will see the GSX passengers leave without a sun-burn in the face! Its a win-win-win feature ;)
Addtional: Take care to use the sun-blinds in the cockpit otherwise you will get a sun-burn in your face - your real face at home! Its a windows-feature made by Bill Gates :P:) *

 

*find some humor if you want :P:D

Link to post
Daniel Reber
17 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

Why spend the money you have done on the FSLabs planes if you don't want the attention to detail?

The reason all these updates take time is because they model them to exacting standards, so when the satdom is installed they factor in the weight, drag and subsequent performance impact. 

Well, in this case, there are two different sides. Take John´s D-AIZC. This aircraft represents a real Lufthansa A320. AND, in real life, it has the satdome installed. The thing now is, that you have to decide, what´s more realistic for you. It´s either flying D-AIZC without satdome in the sim, with the real aircraft being equipped with it, or having it equipped on your FSL bus but without the added weight, different performance, etc. 

For me personally, I see it more realistic to have the satdome attached but like "without function" rather than representing a real aircraft without the satdome attached. 

Just because that´s my way of thinking, it´s not the case that I just spend the money because it´s fun to spend that much money (which is obviously not true). 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Norman Blackburn

Daniel,

We have explained this countless times.  Until its officially released any paints that have a satdome are nothing more than a bunch of unsupported pixels that could vanish at any update.   As such its best to ignore them for now.

25 minutes ago, António Abreu said:

Do you really believe that a sat dome has some meaningful impact on weight / drag / performance?

Try again, they do.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Daniel Reber
23 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Daniel,

We have explained this countless times.  Until its officially released any paints that have a satdome are nothing more than a bunch of unsupported pixels that could vanish at any update.   As such its best to ignore them for now.

I do know that, Norman, however, that doesn´t change the fact, that some people like it better this way and others like it better that way, does it?

Link to post
Timm Rehberg
6 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

I do know that, Norman, however, that doesn´t change the fact, that some people like it better this way and others like it better that way, does it?

I like to have the Sharklets rather than a updated A319-X. Does that like change the business decision of FSL? Nope.
Stick to what the team has decided - live with or without the satdome antenna, you will not get it earlier and changed anyway.

Its a freak'in antenna. Get to use all available features, enjoy the more performance, look at the window blinds close and open, enjoy stunning landings and a freak'in slow climb with the heavy and long A321-X :D

... and I forgot: Enjoy the stunning, detailled available liverys out there! Poeple spend hours, days and weeks to represend each and every detail in terms of colors, logos, stickers,.. :wub: who cares about a white ugly antenna? :D 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Robin Locher

Satcom has also an Impact of CG. 
That is the reason why some NEOs has got problem with weight and balance. So LH has got no Satcoms ordered for the NEOs
So they are some chances

Link to post
Timm Rehberg

You better stop now. First you speak about a feature which is not even official announced and released, you want, and now you bring in NEO's.

Its what it is. If you want them, attach them to your A320-X of your choice (but you won´t get any support and effect). If you don´t, dont do it. On the A321-X there is no chance to get them on yet.

Link to post
Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Robin Locher said:

Satcom has also an Impact of CG. 
That is the reason why some NEOs has got problem with weight and balance. So LH has got no Satcoms ordered for the NEOs
So they are some chances

The cg issue on the neo are due to the engines being bigger and as a result the last row or two can’t be sold. The satdome impacts this cg issue as well. 

Link to post
Robin Locher
1 minute ago, Koen Meier said:

The cg issue on the neo are due to the engines being bigger and as a result the last row or two can’t be sold. The satdome impacts this cg issue as well. 

Yes. But without Satcom it will be a CG more to the front
So i just want to clarify that the Satdome has a Impact of CG 

  • Like 2
Link to post
António Abreu

Theoretically yes, in practice I don't believe so.  Even the sharklets are hardly perceived by the pilots in most of the situations, as I was told by a real A320 pilot. We can't forget that these are fly by wire aircrafts so the computers will make sure that the pilot feels pretty much the same.

Concerning the impact on CG is a ridiculous discussion, otherwise we could not move people from the back of the cabin to the front. without making recalculations. And flight attendants could not move in the cabin without impact on aircraft handing.

I don't say these things do not have impact at all (it's physics after all), just saying that these things are perfectly filtered out to the pilot by the aircraft computers. 
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Daniel Reber
2 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

I like to have the Sharklets rather than a updated A319-X. Does that like change the business decision of FSL? Nope.
Stick to what the team has decided - live with or without the satdome antenna, you will not get it earlier and changed anyway.

Honestly, Timm, you seem like a user playing the forum moderator here. Nobody has ever "advised"  FSL to instantly bring the satdome, nobody has ever asked FSL for justification on why the hell the satdome is not "included" with the A321. It´s just been a note/question from my side. If somebody then says that people like me, who´d prefer the satdome without any change to anything, apart from the 3D model, seem to not look at details like FSL are used to, as we´d use the satdome without different flight dynamics, etc. then I think it´s pretty much ok if I state that there are two groups of people, the ones who´d rather have the satdome as 3D model only than none, and the ones who don´t want the satdome, unless it´s NOT only a 3D model, just to clarify that any point of view does not mean that you don´t look into details. 

Never ever have I tried to change FSL´s decision. Never ever have I seen anybody else doing so. So far, I´ve only seen people stating wishes. Maybe more often, but that won´t change the fact that these are wishes. 

That I won´t get the SL before the A319 and that I won´t get the "official satdome" earlier than FSL decided to give it to us, that´s things I´m pretty much aware of, things you don´t have to tell me or anybody else here on the forums...

 

Sharklets --->

  • Like 5
Link to post
Timm Rehberg

I didn't want to annoy you, but the satdome-topic is getting a bit annoying in here.
It's just "available" for test purposes as stated by the FSL-team already, FSL recommand not to use it as the configuration may change so paints would need to adjusted (again).

And one thing is clear, if FSL ever consider to implement such features, then properly not just visually as FSL always did.

Back to the real hype now ;) 
sPtuxQn.png

Link to post
Steven Silva
4 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

No quería molestarte, pero el tema satdome se está volviendo un poco molesto aquí.
Simplemente está "disponible" para fines de prueba como ya lo indicó el equipo de FSL, FSL recomienda no usarlo ya que la configuración puede cambiar, por lo que las pinturas tendrían que ajustarse (nuevamente).

Y una cosa está clara, si FSL alguna vez considera implementar tales características, entonces no solo visualmente, como siempre lo hizo FSL.

De vuelta a la exageración real ahora ;) 
sPtuxQn.png

I want my three (3) babies to have their respective updates and I also hope that the a319 can have the Sharklets one day

Link to post
David Porrett

Is any one ever happy? The 320/321 have been updated and released for v5 yet people are still whining about absence of sharklets, satdomes (:wacko:) etc. Why not just fly these lovely things and be happy for now while you wait. Instead, it's like nothing is ever good enough. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Marc Stanford
13 minutes ago, David Porrett said:

Is any one ever happy? The 320/321 have been updated and released for v5 yet people are still whining about absence of sharklets, satdomes (:wacko:) etc. Why not just fly these lovely things and be happy for now while you wait. Instead, it's like nothing is ever good enough. 

Honestly I don’t think it’s gonna end until sharklets is released.

Link to post
David Porrett
2 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Honestly I don’t think it’s gonna end until sharklets is released.

I honestly still don’t get why people are losing their minds over these appendages.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Marc Stanford
5 minutes ago, David Porrett said:

I honestly still don’t get why people are losing their minds over these appendages.

Because the Sharklets is the new vanilla. Almost every Airbus here on out will be the sharklets variant IRL Besides they look awesome!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Robin Locher
1 hour ago, António Abreu said:

Concerning the impact on CG is a ridiculous discussion, otherwise we could not move people from the back of the cabin to the front. without making recalculations. And flight attendants could not move in the cabin without impact on aircraft handing.


 

I do not think thats ridiculous. LH noticed that with the Satcome the NEOs can move out of its CG limits. 
So they decided not to use it.

 

Link to post
Stu Antonio
33 minutes ago, Robin Locher said:

I do not think thats ridiculous. LH noticed that with the Satcome the NEOs can move out of its CG limits. 
So they decided not to use it.

 

How can this be possible? If the thing weighs 200kg, that means even without it 2-3 big guys could put a neo out of it‘s CG limits when they meet in the aft galley?

Link to post
Marc Stanford

So FSL is gonna model not only the satdome itself but with the performance and cg penalty, I wonder if the EFCS has a mod to it to compensate or does it just apply trim?

Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...