Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Artur Araripe

It's the Corona Virus, casually collapsing the global economy.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Timm Rehberg

• Koen Meier

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Hi all – As Lefteris commented on, one of my favourite areas of the updated models, besides the PBR, is the cabin windows. Each window has now been remodelled in detail - and we've also modelled

I've elected to stay away from this until now as it gives people an opportunity to joke around, vent their frustrations on a "perceived delay" of our release (even though I've explained the reasons be

Posted Images

Steven Silva
1 hour ago, Artur Araripe said:

It's the Corona Virus, casually collapsing the global economy.

COVID-19 

FSLABS should launch this already before that disease eliminates humanity

lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Brian McCumiskey

Exited to see exactly what else these Sharks have to offer. I think we all know by now that FSLabs leaves us with a few surprises when releasing products. 

• Like 2
Artur Araripe
1 hour ago, Steven Silva said:

COVID-19 

FSLABS should launch this already before that disease eliminates humanity

lol 

They really should. One confirmed case in my city. I don't have enough time to spare. My end could be near. 

• Like 1
Marc Stanford

Can someone pls link me to the fastspring page?

Marc Stanford
29 minutes ago, Darren Currie said:

Anyone have $40,000 to spare so we can try it out?

Cmon lottery ticket please don’t let me down.

Matei Cojocaru

If the EFB does come out with the SLs, will there be integration with Aerosoft NavDataPro Charts too?

Daniel Reber
2 hours ago, Darren Currie said:

Anyone have $40,000 to spare so we can try it out?

Would like to know how big the FSL community, or more specifically, the community awaiting the Sharklet expansion, is. We could buy it alltogether xD

• Haha 1
Marc Stanford

Release the sharklets this month pls.

Atul Mishra

Why are they called Sharklets though? I did understand the reason when Airbus was first testing their prototype A320 (image below), as those sharklets quite resembled first dorsal fin of a shark. But the ones they're using in production now don't quite look like shark fin? Haha, just curious.

IMG_5605.thumb.JPG.f0244f45485bc19f0b41fa0ebfcd1a47.JPG

• Like 1
Robert Sutherland
3 hours ago, Atul Mishra said:

Why are they called Sharklets though? I did understand the reason when Airbus was first testing their prototype A320 (image below), as those sharklets quite resembled first dorsal fin of a shark. But the ones they're using in production now don't quite look like shark fin? Haha, just curious.

IMG_5605.thumb.JPG.f0244f45485bc19f0b41fa0ebfcd1a47.JPG

I’m pretty sure they couldn’t call them winglets because the company that developed them as an aftermarket modification for the 737 had already taken that name.

9 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

Release the sharklets this month pls.

Stop pls.

• Like 1
Rafal Haczek
4 hours ago, Atul Mishra said:

those sharklets quite resembled first dorsal fin of a shark. But the ones they're using in production now don't quite look like shark fin

Why would you change a name which sounds excellent and helps you sell the product? Stay original! :)

• Haha 1
Khoa Nguyen
5 hours ago, Atul Mishra said:

In case we want to change the name of everything....

then also should change the brand Name too, cuz the plane does not look like a bus, and they still named it a bus :D 

• Haha 1
David Norfolk

They're called sharklets because they look like a sharks fin. Idk I'm making that up

• Haha 1
Atul Mishra
54 minutes ago, Khoa Nguyen said:

then also should change the brand Name too, cuz the plane does not look like a bus, and they still named it a bus :D 

Hahaha.. I remember when I first read the name of "Airbus" in a magazine's headline when I was probably 10 years old, I was like.... "bus?" I for sometime thought it was an air conditioned bus.. lol. The article didn't have a picture though.

Koen Meier

I just sewe it as a marketing gimmick of airbus. Just like boeing calls their new ones split scimitar winglets.

• Like 2
Artur Araripe
2 hours ago, Khoa Nguyen said:

Well, to be fair, it's a non-literal name because it literally carries pax just like a bus, but it can fly ;) Much better name than Boeing (which is the sound something makes when it falls down). Boeing Boeing Boeing. Ya know :D

Resultado de imagem para easyjet bus fsx

Pascal Wagner
On 2/29/2020 at 3:00 PM, Robin Locher said:

I am looking forward to fly this beauty :) 

Hey Robin, 

i know exactly why you picked this video. Is it kind of reminder to the DEVs. 

• Haha 1
David Norfolk

Pls no delay on sharklets because of coronavirus. ( jokes aside hope no one has actually got it)

Marc Stanford
6 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

Pls no delay on sharklets because of coronavirus. ( jokes aside hope no one has actually got it)

Oh god FSL pls no delay. We actually need the A321 sharklets to deliver experimental drugs all over the world. ONLY the Sharklets can do this, it's the only way.

It's the destiny of the Sharklet.

David Norfolk
5 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

Oh god FSL pls no delay. We actually need the A321 sharklets to deliver experimental drugs all over the world. ONLY the Sharklets can do this, it's the only way.

It's the destiny of the Sharklet.

Waiting for @Norman Blackburn to reply saying this isnt a valid reason;):lol:

Koen Meier

I am waiting till we have more sightings online of the sharklets being flown.

Timm Rehberg

For now: 2 weeks of home office as we have a case in the company and our "emergency plan" went on to prevent our core system-teams to get sick. 
However: higher revenues on the last weekend than even on christmas :D 

The hype is real. So now lets get started with the sharklet hype! :) 

• Like 2
Stu Antonio

I'm not trying to break any spirits here, but I don't quite get this "hype". Isn't it a little early for that? Isn't the usual procedure for the devs to announce a "soon" release at some point, then a few weeks later a "very soon" followed by a release a couple of months later? :D:D;);)  

But seriously. I haven't read an official soon™ yet, only Lefteris wrote at the end of January, that it will come "within the next couple of months". That was only 5 Weeks ago... So this could very well even take until summer before we get the sweet sharkies . So why are people currently expecting or requesting it to drop any day now? (serious question, maybe I missed some news?)

Timm Rehberg
5 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

So why are people currently expecting or requesting it to drop any day now? (serious question, maybe I missed some news?)

'Cause! :D:ph34r:

Robert Sutherland
29 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

I'm not trying to break any spirits here, but I don't quite get this "hype". Isn't it a little early for that? Isn't the usual procedure for the devs to announce a "soon" release at some point, then a few weeks later a "very soon" followed by a release a couple of months later? :D:D;);)  

But seriously. I haven't read an official soon™ yet, only Lefteris wrote at the end of January, that it will come "within the next couple of months". That was only 5 Weeks ago... So this could very well even take until summer before we get the sweet sharkies . So why are people currently expecting or requesting it to drop any day now? (serious question, maybe I missed some news?)

I'm with you on this. 

Also, tagging the developers into posts is a little bit needy. Let them get on with the task at hand.

No harm with being excited about the product though -- it'll be really interesting to see how the winglets impact performance.

• Like 1
David Norfolk

Remember, each day is one day closer to it. I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Of course, very much looking forward to some screenies 

• Like 3
Khoa Nguyen

Boarding and wandering in Stansted, looking forward to fly that sharklet bird soon.... :) 

2020-3-5_19-3-21-172.jpg

• Like 2
Artur Araripe

Is it true that the sharklet A320 is harder to land?

Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Artur Araripe said:

Depends on the conditions of course but in gusts and crosswind I believe that it is somewhat less stable then the wingfences variant.

David Norfolk
30 minutes ago, Artur Araripe said:

it's very slippery in decent, you'll be using the spoilers more often than not 

Brian McCumiskey

Please correct if I'm wrong, but they have not yet announced whether the 320 and/or 321 sharkies will be released first?

Koen Meier
11 minutes ago, Brian McCumiskey said:

Please correct if I'm wrong, but they have not yet announced whether the 320 and/or 321 sharkies will be released first?

A320/321 together as a single package seems more likely then two separate packages. But it hasn’t  been clarified.

Camille MOUCHEL
18 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

Depends on the conditions of course but in gusts and crosswind I believe that it is somewhat less stable then the wingfences variant.

heard that the ELACS software have been modified in order to get it more stable in crosswind conditions

David Norfolk
7 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

But it hasn’t  been clarified.

Yar, it has

Koen Meier
23 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

heard that the ELACS software have been modified in order to get it more stable in crosswind conditions

the elac L97+ IIRc but that has to do with the ailerons moving up on touchdown along with the spoilers.

• Like 1