David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

Alexander Luzajic

What amazes me is the fact that all cores are firing evenly! I don't have Core0 at 100% at all anymore with this machine. I guess that gives additional smoothness. I purposely started at heaviest apt for my system FTCYYZ and while FPS were not impressive I had minimal stutters.....still some but way better. Now in the air to see how she behaves but so far and overall look is good, smooth and orange lights gives cockpit look nice touch. Also I noticed that FD looks different also, way more legible than before. 

Robin Locher
21 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

The A321 got the updated cockpit lighting and S8!

Thank you FSL for all your hard work, can't until Sharklets! ............ or 

So the A321 update is already finished? 

Koen Meier
7 minutes ago, Robin Locher said:

So the A321 update is already finished? 

Not seen an announcement yet.

David Norfolk

Apparently the 321 has the S8  & 319 has the dcdus. Idk if the 319 has the S8 stuff though. (V4)

Robin Locher
23 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Not seen an announcement yet.

Because they write that A321 has S8.

Koen Meier

I am going off this from LK “Last, but not least, if you also own the A319-X and/or A321-X, we have made updated versions available (v4.0.1.100) for P3Dv4, as they share some of the internal workings and code with the A320-X. Keep in mind that these are compatibility updates only, full updates to these products will follow in the coming weeks for P3Dv5, as per our earlier roadmap information.”

Marc Stanford

Does the new S8 software have the ADD/MORE DRAG messages? Can anyone confirm?

Timm Rehberg

Omg. A lot to do for @Andrew Wilson though :P:D :ph34r:

Robin Locher
16 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

Apparently the 321 has the S8  & 319 has the dcdus. Idk if the 319 has the S8 stuff though. (V4)

@Koen Meier because he wrote this.

David Norfolk

Sharks will be the only good thing to happen in 2020

• Like 2

Marc Stanford

Hype :)

BTW new update is amazing everything is working especially the A321!

• Like 1

Steven Silva
2 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

and the coming MSFS 

Marc Stanford

4743le.jpg.15b52f5ae1513cd8a678cc23a187e9b3.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Timm Rehberg

474btd.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

phil highton

What's the big deal with these shark things anyway??, (sorry Norman if this leads to massive replies and arguments can someone tell me no more than a sentence?, seriously Iam curious B)

• Like 2

David Norfolk
23 minutes ago, phil highton said:

What's the big deal with these shark things anyway??, (sorry Norman if this leads to massive replies and arguments can someone tell me no more than a sentence?, seriously Iam curious B)

Leave pls. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Marc Fuolega
26 minutes ago, phil highton said:

They look 27% sexier than the fence variants. That’s about it. Style matters. 

• Haha 1

Malcolm Rouse
18 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

Really ? the A320 update P3Dv5 -HF2 - and Liverpool Fc Champions .Been pretty good for me so far . 

Timm Rehberg
1 hour ago, Marc Fuolega said:

They look 27% sexier than the fence variants. That’s about it. Style matters. 

Have 19% more weight on the wing but you save 9,4% of fuel per hour. Don´t speak about the percentage of coolness with the EFB in the cockpit!

• Haha 1

phil highton

Not bad I suppose <_<

David Norfolk

Jokes aside, Sharks are alot more than just them looking stunning on the airbus. One feature which I believe is sharks only is LAF (Load Alleviation Function). What this does is basically in turbulence, I believe it's the spoilers. They flick up to help with the load or something or other. One of the team might be able to confirm this. Also the flight dynamics completely change aswell. Especially in decent. Its alot more "slippy" and you'll be required to use the spoilers alot more. Also, as Timm mentioned. They're better on fuel as they cut through the air better. Sharks are a new boardgame & theyre pretty nuts 

• Like 2

Marc Fuolega
1 hour ago, David Norfolk said:

Also the flight dynamics completely change aswell. Especially in decent. Its alot more "slippy" and you'll be required to use the spoilers alot more. 

Blackbox711 says the difference is hardly noticeable. Just a little difference in crosswind approaches. So yeah, I'd say the flight dynamics differences aren't that huge. He does fly the thing all the time after all, so I'll trust him on that.

David Norfolk
12 minutes ago, Marc Fuolega said:

Blackbox711 says the difference is hardly noticeable. Just a little difference in crosswind approaches. So yeah, I'd say the flight dynamics differences aren't that huge. He does fly the thing all the time after all, so I'll trust him on that.

Oh for sure, if that's what said then yeah he is right 

Endrit Palushi

Aside from what's been mentioned already, being able to do a wider range of flights realistically makes the sharks worth it imo

• Like 3

Timm Rehberg
Just now, Endrit Palushi said:

Aside from what's been mentioned already, being able to do a wider range of flights realistically makes the sharks worth it imo

Only the fact its made from FSL makes it worth every cent. Then the look itself, also.

Stu Antonio
1 hour ago, Marc Fuolega said:

While I also usually take BBs word for it (because he is a professional) I‘ve come to learn that even among pilots things are not always without disagreements. If you visit pilot forums you often read very different opinions on certain topics like techniques and how they precieve and evaluate things. Just because BB doesn‘t feel the difference to be very big, other pilots may beg to differ. 

Timm Rehberg

Aren't they made to stabilize the plane even more?
One thing I can imagine is more wingflex for sure due to higher weight and greater impact on winds

David Norfolk
12 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Aren't they made to stabilize the plane even more?
One thing I can imagine is more wingflex for sure due to higher weight and greater impact on winds

I wouldn't say it's more but its more noticeable when taxing around compared to fences. Could be wrong though 

David Porrett
3 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Have 19% more weight on the wing but you save 9,4% of fuel per hour.

I'm looking forward to saving some money on my fuel bill then. That's worth the hype alone ;)

phil highton
3 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

Jokes aside, Sharks are alot more than just them looking stunning on the airbus. One feature which I believe is sharks only is LAF (Load Alleviation Function). What this does is basically in turbulence, I believe it's the spoilers. They flick up to help with the load or something or other. One of the team might be able to confirm this. Also the flight dynamics completely change aswell. Especially in decent. Its alot more "slippy" and you'll be required to use the spoilers alot more. Also, as Timm mentioned. They're better on fuel as they cut through the air better. Sharks are a new boardgame & theyre pretty nuts 

Yeah they basically act as extra spoilers on the ground 

Marc Stanford
2 hours ago, phil highton said:

Yeah they basically act as extra spoilers on the ground 

I’ve seen something like LAF on the fence A321. Spoilers damp with the turbulence going up and down slightly.

Michael Salmon
3 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

While I also usually take BBs word for it (because he is a professional) I‘ve come to learn that even among pilots things are not always without disagreements. If you visit pilot forums you often read very different opinions on certain topics like techniques and how they precieve and evaluate things. Just because BB doesn‘t feel the difference to be very big, other pilots may beg to differ. 

Agreed, opinions vary a good deal between pilots for sure just like any other profession in the world. I’ve worked closely with JetBlue pilots in my consulting career that have said there are very noticeable difference in the shark vs wing fenced busses. Certainly more noticeable on descent like some of the folks have already mentioned here. 

kike campos
4 hours ago, Michael Salmon said:

Agreed, opinions vary a good deal between pilots for sure just like any other profession in the world. I’ve worked closely with JetBlue pilots in my consulting career that have said there are very noticeable difference in the shark vs wing fenced busses. Certainly more noticeable on descent like some of the folks have already mentioned here. 

I used to fly for an airline with pretty much all the types, 319,320WL,321WL,320 and 321 NEO, the main difference in the IAE version with  winglets and without winglets was during flare, the ones with wingtips were "easier to flare" but to be honest there wasn´t a big difference, with the NEOs there was a more significant difference not with the handling but with the "lag" of the thrust power, quite big during unstable conditions, they are very laggy, it takes quite some time to reach the thrust it requires to keep the speed so you really need to be aware and be ready to take action and move the thrust levers manually, which is expected because those big engines.

Craig Norman
11 hours ago, Endrit Palushi said:

I do wonder if that could facilitate Transatlantics, or I'd have to wait until there's the NEO/A321LR/XLR version.

Koen Meier
33 minutes ago, Craig Norman said:

I do wonder if that could facilitate Transatlantics, or I'd have to wait until there's the NEO/A321LR/XLR version.

transatlantics are possible with current a321 and 2 act installed. however you are going to be payload limited. the A321 LR and subsequently XLR feature a few extra ACT's and with increased fuel efficiency and higher take off weights they can do longer routes. that said at some stage you are going to be limited by the weather on the atlantic i feel.

Timm Rehberg
38 minutes ago, Craig Norman said:

Ask @Dean Johnston or read up here:
He was bored enough to test our the range already :D Crazy guy! :D 

Marc Stanford

Thank you for the update FSL, looks great on my end!

Eric Fisher

SL release

Me 10 seconds later on the forum: Anyone have a PFPX fuel profile for SL version?

Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Eric Fisher said:

SL release

Me 10 seconds later on the forum: Anyone have a PFPX fuel profile for SL version?

Best bet is using the fuel factor adjustment.

• Like 1

Timm Rehberg

Switching from PFPX to SimBrief was probably the best change since v3 to v4 for me :D 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Timm Rehberg

Once back in Frankfurt - then this!

FXzedFR.jpg

ZL8YYWh.jpg

Hope THEY will be less edgy and more detailed but still, after all, nice to look at :wub:

• Like 1

Koen Meier
Just now, Timm Rehberg said:

Once back in Frankfurt - then this!

FXzedFR.jpg

ZL8YYWh.jpg

Hope THEY will be less edgy and more detailed but still, after all, nice to look at :wub:

the second one is a neo.  the first one will be an ai for a while.

• Haha 1

Timm Rehberg

How to immediately destroy this loving mood.
How dare you!

We haven't seen anything Shark'ish for a while in here... :P 

Koen Meier
13 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Switching from PFPX to SimBrief was probably the best change since v3 to v4 for me :D 

simbrief just has one profile for the a320 be that WTF, SL or NEO and no matter the engine variant. same with a321 and a319. so we have to be carefull even there.

Timm Rehberg
3 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

simbrief just has one profile for the a320 be that WTF, SL or NEO and no matter the engine variant. same with a321 and a319. so we have to be carefull even there.

But you can adjust the profile in a really good way

2jMvKfR.png