David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

Marc Stanford
2 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

That needs to be updated still.

Any idea how long it will take? Weeks or months? It’s the only A320 family variant I still fly.

Quint van den Hazel

whats the definition of S8 actually?

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Quint van den Hazel said:

whats the definition of S8 actually?

It is a software standard and the 8 means 8th revision of the software. What it is for the fslabs can be found in the announcement post but it is a lot more irl i think.

David Norfolk
5 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Any idea how long it will take? Weeks or months? It’s the only A320 family variant I still fly.

It will take as long as it needs. you have more than enough to keep you going in the recent update

• Like 3

Yang Shuo

Is there any upgrade of S8 avionics system in this update? Please give a clear answer. Thank you

Koen Meier
Just now, Yang Shuo said:

Is there any upgrade of S8 avionics system in this update? Please give a clear answer. Thank you

There are. Re read the announcement page.

• Like 1

Timm Rehberg
48 minutes ago, John Barnes said:

Heh heh.

I hope you don´t expect love for that comment though. <_<

Koen Meier

We are one step closer to the a321 update and sharklets.

• Haha 3

Timm Rehberg

Yeah and in fact the A321 wears and suits already PBR perfectly, I hope its not gonna take a long time for it! :) 

Yang Shuo
6 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

I hope you don´t expect love for that comment though. <_<

I was waiting to watch your live broadcast the first time fslabs 320 v5 was released, but you have been free to chat in the forum and have not shared the joy of the test flight with us. lol

Timm Rehberg

I was waiting to watch your live broadcast the first time fslabs 320 v5 was released, but you have been free to chat in the forum and have not shared the joy of the test flight with us. lol

Sorry but I am not the one who should do test flights. There are plenty of nice people with a "beta tester" signature around here :D
I only enjoy what they tested :) 

Artur Araripe

I'm loving the new A320 ngl

Koen Meier

5 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Yeah and in fact the A321 wears and suits already PBR perfectly, I hope its not gonna take a long time for it! :) 

yeah 

Yang Shuo

Where can I set it to S8?

David Norfolk

It's already installed 

Robin Locher

It is automaticly set to S8

• Like 2

Timm Rehberg
2 minutes ago, Robin Locher said:

It is automaticly set to S8

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47bf1fdf828dbba3aa3b

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yang Shuo

There is nothing better than high FPS. Enjoy silky silky. 2K maintain 60fps

• Like 3

Patrick Hildebrand

This beautiful update starts a new SL Hype Train. After this update I'm looking forward to our SL again more enthusiastic

Stu Antonio

is it just my imagination or did you also work on the wingflex? they seem slightly bouncier .... :)

Andrew Wilson

We did yes - mainly for the sharks, but the changes found their way back into the fences.

• Like 8

Marc Stanford
34 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

We did yes - mainly for the sharks, but the changes found their way back into the fences.

Can't wait for the A321, is next month realistic?

David Porrett
3 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Can't wait for the A321, is next month realistic?

How about quitting asking for release estimates? You know you aren't going to get one. They've just released the first one for v5. Go play with that while you wait. There's plenty there to occupy you.

• Thanks 4

Quint van den Hazel

Is it confirmed that the A319 will not get SL? Because AA has them

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

Robert Sutherland
Just now, Quint van den Hazel said:

Is it confirmed that the A319 will not get SL? Because AA has them

Yes, it's been confirmed a few times. I think there are only a few airlines that operate them, so I assume it's due to the time it would take to develop that additional model and a lack of source material for it.  

• Like 1

Marc Stanford
1 minute ago, Robert Sutherland said:

Yes, it's been confirmed a few times. I think there are only a few airlines that operate them, so I assume it's due to the time it would take to develop that additional model and a lack of source material for it.  

I haven't seen any at least here at DTW, could be wrong though. Maybe it's rare for Airbus to offer those variants for the 319?

Timm Rehberg
53 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

... mainly for the sharks...

I knew you work on sharks for v5! Gonna be amazing with the new water! :wub::ph34r:

Marc Stanford

I can't install the new update, every time I try to I get a "This program does not support the version of Windows your computer is running".

Quint van den Hazel

You need windows 10

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G975F met Tapatalk

Christoffer Paulsen
4 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

I can't install the new update, every time I try to I get a "This program does not support the version of Windows your computer is running".

Isnt the issue quite self explanatory? Which version are you on?

Kian Andrews
6 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Probably best to move this out into a relevant thread, but as others have said Windows needs updating :)

Marc Stanford

Windows 10, 1809 last updated 2018 didn't have any issues with other stuff before this.

Kian Andrews
2 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Windows 10, 1809 last updated 2018 didn't have any issues with other stuff before this.

With an ageing OS you have to expect stuff to eventually not be compatible. There will always be the case where you can say "I didn't have issues with other stuff before this" - that's the nature of finding the first incompatible product on your system. "Last updated 2018" says it all doesn't it? That is two years old. But as I have said, best to move it to a relevant thread if you need support. If not, then Windows update is your option. :)

• Like 2

Danny Moore

I was still on 1809 until last week with no CTD's in a year.  I believe in, if its not broke don't update it. I ran into an issue where on of my FS software said I needed to update in order to install. I updated to 1909 and my sim is running perfectly fine. 1809 service life was extended until November 10, 2020. 

Timm Rehberg
26 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Never change a running system - but never complain about security.
Its not always about "new" or better "features", sometimes its just security. But here we also have good new features came along with the newest windows update.

Marc Stanford

The A321 got the updated cockpit lighting and S8!

Thank you FSL for all your hard work, can't until Sharklets! ............ or 

Danny Moore
10 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

The A321 got the updated cockpit lighting and S8!

Thank you FSL for all your hard work, now you won't hear me bitching for a while until Sharklets!

I guess since the the MCDU is shared across all 3 airframes based off the A320X then they all received the update which is a nice surprise. On a side note, I'm going to book mark your comment. We know you can't keep quite that long, hahahahahaha :D

Marc Stanford

It seems my post got deleted because the thread is getting cleaned up, I'll have to speak with HB textures on that one.

• Like 1

Norman Blackburn
5 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

It seems my post got deleted because the thread is getting cleaned up, I'll have to speak with HB textures on that one.

It got hidden because this thread is not a place to throw in support issues.  Especially when they are mostly down to a 3rd party texture.

Marc Stanford
21 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

It got hidden because this thread is not a place to throw in support issues.  Especially when they are mostly down to a 3rd party texture.

Norman I fixed the issue it was the cockpit model, for some reason the current A321 uses the lower left overhead from the A320. I confirmed this when I re-installed the A321 with vanilla textures and I got the same result. So I swapped the current one out with the previous version model and everything is working fine. At the point it does make sense because the A321 cockpit is still WIP for the next update.

Danny Moore
Norman I fixed the issue it was the cockpit model, for some reason the current A321 uses the lower left overhead from the A320. I confirmed this when I re-installed the A321 with vanilla textures and I got the same result. So I swapped the current one out with the previous version model and everything is working fine. At the point it does make sense because the A321 cockpit is still WIP for the next update.

Glad you figured this out but this is still not a FSLabs issue. With all the mixing of files and mods your doing I’m sure your going to run into another issue down the road when the next update or Sharklets is released. This is also not a Sharklet Hype topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timm Rehberg

a321_1st_sharklet_9998e33e4b0ede43487370

Amazing! Good morning Sharkie-Fans :)

• Like 6

Steven Silva
7 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

a321_1st_sharklet_9998e33e4b0ede43487370

Amazing! Good morning Sharkie-Fans :)

CFMI CFM56-5B3/P

Steven Silva

in the future we may have more engine options for all the a320 as shown below for the a321

Captura a321.PNG