David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

Timm Rehberg
Just now, Shannon Misquitta said:

btw lefteris wat am i getting as a reward 

Slow download speed ;)

Marc Stanford

Does the update have the new S8 software? I didn't see it in the release notes.

Is this the update for v4/v5 and after the A321 in a few weeks?

Is this the S8 software, LEFTI PLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matthew Knowles

If I’m correct this update won’t work with the v4 livery’s right? 

Norman Blackburn
13 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Does the update have the new S8 software? I didn't see it in the release notes.

Is this the update for v4/v5 and after the A321 in a few weeks?

Is this the S8 software, LEFTI PLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it wasn't in the release notes - or indeed our roadmap - what would you take from this?

ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd

Thanks for the update :D

So, is this correct that from now on, the only livery source is here -> https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/files/category/68-v501100-user-submitted-liveries/ 

So, 2 liveries so far for this version (which will obviously increase with time, as painters update them), and that, liveries on said link are for the V5 of the Airbus, but work on 4.5HF3 ?

Koen Meier
Just now, ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd said:

Thanks for the update :D

So, is this correct that from now on, the only livery source is here -> https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/files/category/68-v501100-user-submitted-liveries/ 

So, 2 liveries so far for this version (which will obviously increase with time, as painters update them), and that, liveries on said link are for the V5 of the Airbus, but work on 4.5HF3 ?

those are user created ones. the main a320 livery section will contain the fslabs own lliveries.

3 minutes ago, Matthew Knowles said:

If I’m correct this update won’t work with the v4 livery’s right? 

•  

you need new liveries for the a320.

Marc Stanford
2 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

If it wasn't in the release notes - or indeed our roadmap - what would you take from this?

But I thought that the new S8 software would be on this update. Does the update at least have the approach identifier (ILS 26L Z) for example on the ND?

Koen Meier
Just now, Marc Stanford said:

But I thought that the new S8 software would be on this update. Does the update at least have the approach identifier (ILS 26L Z) for example on the ND?

why not fly it to find out.

• Like 3

ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd

In the roadmap, PBR and S8 as mentionned together, in the same paragraph regarding the update. I can understand the confusion and wonder the same :ph34r:maybe it will be included in another update, or alongside sharklets ?

Norman Blackburn

Hi Marc,

Why did you think this?  I'm looking back at what we have said and can't see anything to suggest otherwise.  S8 was always to be part of the Sharklets package.   If you have a link to suggest otherwise please let us know.

• Like 2

Timm Rehberg

Everyone wants S8 but nobody knows that OnePlus is the leading Android brand :D 

Just now, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Marc,

Why did you think this?  I'm looking back at what we have said and can't see anything to suggest otherwise.  S8 was always to be part of the Sharklets package.   If you have a link to suggest otherwise please let us know.

When are the sharkies ready? :P

ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd
2 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Thank you. 

So, no internal/official liveries has been updated yet, as I see that they have been updated last time in 2018/2019 ?

It's fine, I can wait, just want to make sure I didn't miss anything :D

Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Marc,

i think the news update post from april 16th might be a bit confusing or misleading. 

Lefteris Kalamaras
2 minutes ago, ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd said:

Thank you. 

So, no internal/official liveries has been updated yet, as I see that they have been updated last time in 2018/2019 ?

It's fine, I can wait, just want to make sure I didn't miss anything :D

That's incorrect. Our official liveries are here:

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/files/category/60-a320-x-liveries/

and have been updated for v5.0.1.100.

• Thanks 1

Sascha Peuker

S8 Update was mentioned in this thread to be included in the A320 p3d v5 Update.

ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd
6 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Marc,

Hey, 

Don't want to be annoying, I will buy the sharklets package anyways and I am super happy to see that this wonderful product is being updated.

But I think the confusion comes from the fact that S8 is mentionned as part of the A320 update, which is separate from the sharklets one. And sharklets paragraph doesn't even mention only sharklets at the end of the wings, but many other stuff such as screen colours etc !

image.thumb.png.4a5291f282af83ea655dfd1ceae41b59.png

Now time to install the update, download over :wub:

Timm Rehberg

But that was before v5 + the HF2 stuff came along, right? :blink:
Then the roadmap "changed" a bit!

Any in any case: Its released boys! And it flies very smooth and steady! No need for S8 yet ;) 

• Like 2

Norman Blackburn

Not annoying at all Aymerick.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Adrian Korth

If I am not using PBR, can I use my existing liveries tho? :D

Timm Rehberg
1 minute ago, Adrian Korth said:

Not completely for that version as the outside model has also been reworked :) 

Nicolas Nycz

The paintkit has changed again as well!

Norman Blackburn
1 minute ago, Adrian Korth said:

No.  Well you could but you will find that things are not correctly mapped.  And then ask for support. And then, well we will go around in circles.

Adrian Korth
1 minute ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Not completely for that version as the outside model has also been reworked :) 

Interesting.

I will try it and report back :D

If there are slight mistakes I can live with that for now.

But flying without the proper real life registration will trigger me :D

Adrian Korth
1 minute ago, Norman Blackburn said:

No.  Well you could but you will find that things are not correctly mapped.  And then ask for support. And then, well we will go around in circles.

I promise you, I won't ask for support!

Lee Jones

AMAZING i love the update :) well done ... do we know when roughly the sharklets will be available ? i cant wait to purchase it :) 

Norman Blackburn

Support issues to their own thread please.  Any support queries here will simply be hidden and ignored.

Deniz Sarper
16 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Marc,

In an Post at the news i found this and it tells S8 by the A320-x that does not contain the Sharklets

FSLabs A320-X

Those of you who have been with us since the FSX days know that we continuously update and improve on already released products for years after they first come out. The A320-X is a true testament to this philosophy, so we are going to be releasing several exciting features and new logic. Among the most notable of the updates and new features that the A320-X platform has received are:

• Added S8 software updates to the FMGS
    • MDA/DH replaced with BARO/RADIO
    • UPDATE AT deprecated
    • IRS INIT page updated
    • FIX INFO pages updated
    • DMC updates for Profile/VDEV and approach identifiers
    • Flight Guidance NPA logic revised
  • Added CPDLC systems
  • Added DCDU displays
  • Several external model and virtual cockpit improvements
  • All new PBR textures on the external IAE and CFM models

That last part (PBR textures) requires that we release an updated paint-kit to go along with the updated model, to support the necessary PBR changes. We expect to also roll out new versions of our FSLabs-supported liveries for the models very shortly after the main product release that will feature those individual liveries in PBR textures.

Khoa Nguyen
1 minute ago, Deniz Sarper said:

In an Post at the news i found this and it tells S8 by the A320-x that does not contain the Sharklets

FSLabs A320-X

Those of you who have been with us since the FSX days know that we continuously update and improve on already released products for years after they first come out. The A320-X is a true testament to this philosophy, so we are going to be releasing several exciting features and new logic. Among the most notable of the updates and new features that the A320-X platform has received are:

• Added S8 software updates to the FMGS
    • MDA/DH replaced with BARO/RADIO
    • UPDATE AT deprecated
    • IRS INIT page updated
    • FIX INFO pages updated
    • DMC updates for Profile/VDEV and approach identifiers
    • Flight Guidance NPA logic revised
  • Added CPDLC systems
  • Added DCDU displays
  • Several external model and virtual cockpit improvements
  • All new PBR textures on the external IAE and CFM models

That last part (PBR textures) requires that we release an updated paint-kit to go along with the updated model, to support the necessary PBR changes. We expect to also roll out new versions of our FSLabs-supported liveries for the models very shortly after the main product release that will feature those individual liveries in PBR textures.

Correct me if im wrong but in V5 screenshots of non sharklet version from beta testers I saw the approach identifiers 

Ramon De Valencia

the VRAM and the performance is so great I managed to land at EGLL with TEGB south and almost at full detail without any drop from my 30-capped V5 and smooth as ever.

This is so great!!!

• Like 1

Deniz Sarper

im still at work so im not able to confirm that but when i come home i will directly load the bus then i can say more but anyway there are guys who have it already and can say more about it

Norman Blackburn

Stop and hold the press.  Norman is wrong.  Thank you for your attention :)

Robin Locher

Yes I saw the S8 at Blackbox Stream and Screenshots.
'So can someone have a look if its in there?

Deniz Sarper

Stop and hold the press.  Norman is wrong.  Thank you for your attention :)

I don't mean it badly :) so don't take it to hard

• Thanks 1

Norman Blackburn
Just now, Deniz Sarper said:

I don't mean it badly :) so don't take it to hard

Its what happens when you are multi tasking and trying to do a zoom meeting about your job security at the same time as a release.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

Deniz Sarper

Its what happens when you are multi tasking and trying to do a zoom meeting about your job security at the same time as a release.

Well then it's better to do only one thing it happens also by me in the job so no worrys

ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd

Is that me or the performance increased greatly ? I am above 30fps, this is almost suspicious :lol:good job guys ! Time to fly now !

Also cockpit looks sharper, and could this be... S8 ??? :lol:

image.thumb.png.97826a98a3571b6c439c1c069cbe95cb.png

Timm Rehberg

Meh isn't really a mood for a release though.

ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd
10 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Prayers for the best. The sim is at least giving us pleasure in those not so funny times. Hope it's gonna be okay.

Timm Rehberg
52 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Screenshot too big. Yes - this is in it! :)

• Like 1

ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd

Is this an optical illusion, or do the cockpit textures look way better than on the pre-update 321 build ? Not commenting the screenshots, I'm flying it right now :P

Khoa Nguyen

image.png.632303f2de9cdd0affc6bb98eba9e1fe.png

v4.0.1.100 vs v5.0.1.100 ? :D 

Karl Brooker
Just now, Khoa Nguyen said:

image.png.632303f2de9cdd0affc6bb98eba9e1fe.png

v4.0.1.100 vs v5.0.1.100 ? :D 

Yes, the 321 update is only for V4HF3 and makes it work with the new version of the 320. 321 is not yet updated for v5.

• Thanks 1

Robin Locher
12 minutes ago, ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd said:

Is that me or the performance increased greatly ? I am above 30fps, this is almost suspicious :lol:good job guys ! Time to fly now !

Also cockpit looks sharper, and could this be... S8 ??? :lol:

image.thumb.png.97826a98a3571b6c439c1c069cbe95cb.png

This is S8 becaus Baro and Radio