Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Gregory Bally
2 minutes ago, Marc Fuolega said:

Went ahead and got the A321 beta as well! Any idea what’s hiding behind that a350beta_v5.zip file that’s in the same location?!

Don't know but I can tell you that I am really happy with a380beta_v5.zip...    and can't even describe my feeling when I loaded a343beta_v5.zip

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Timm Rehberg

• Koen Meier

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Hi all – As Lefteris commented on, one of my favourite areas of the updated models, besides the PBR, is the cabin windows. Each window has now been remodelled in detail - and we've also modelled

I've elected to stay away from this until now as it gives people an opportunity to joke around, vent their frustrations on a "perceived delay" of our release (even though I've explained the reasons be

Posted Images

Marc Stanford
17 minutes ago, Marc Fuolega said:

Went ahead and got the A321 beta as well! Any idea what’s hiding behind that a350beta_v5.zip file that’s in the same location?!

I hate my life

• Sad 1
Tim Nitz
1 minute ago, Eamonn Jawhary said:

What's going on. I'm confused.

top notch trolling

• Haha 2
Aaron Brand
On 6/27/2020 at 12:31 AM, Marc Stanford said:

Lefteris, Norman, or anyone, can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find schematics, videos, or pictures of the computers in the forward and aft avionics compartment of the A320? Where is each computer of the Airbus located on each rack?

I'm really curious and I need help finding it

Took this for you last night at work Marc.  Enjoy a quick shot of the aft avionics compartment.

AFT-EE.thumb.jpg.e1a7aaebb65edc0abb278bfd9272fe45.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
Marc Fuolega

I noticed Blackbox711 suffered a crash to desktop when beta testing last night. Happened when he changed the range of the map with weather radar on. 

Am I remembering right that the same but affected the 747 and that’s it’s most likely caused by Active Sky? 
I flew with weather radar disabled for weeks because of this but have switched it back on with HF2 this week. Haven’t had a crash since so maybe I was lucky. 

Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Marc Fuolega said:

I noticed Blackbox711 suffered a crash to desktop when beta testing last night. Happened when he changed the range of the map with weather radar on. 

Am I remembering right that the same but affected the 747 and that’s it’s most likely caused by Active Sky? 
I flew with weather radar disabled for weeks because of this but have switched it back on with HF2 this week. Haven’t had a crash since so maybe I was lucky. 

That was something that happened on the ASP3D beta as well. i had experienced it in V5 as well before hf2 went out so i flew with the wx off.

but the team knows about that i believe.

Edited by Koen Meier
Marc Fuolega

So in essence: It’s an Active Sky bug that shouldn’t delay the release we’re all awaiting so impatiently? ;)

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Marc Fuolega said:

So in essence: It’s an Active Sky bug that shouldn’t delay the release we’re all awaiting so impatiently? ;)

not sure if it is an MEL item. if it isnt then it should be able to be dispatched without it.

Aaron Brand
Just now, Koen Meier said:

not sure if it is an MEL item. if it isnt then it should be able to be dispatched without it.

Will check shortly and let you know....#

Aaron Brand
26 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

If it's the entire WXR system that is inop, then the aircraft is limited to VMC conditions and the PWS is considered as inop too. If it's just one display that is inop, then you can fly IMC if needed.

Koen Meier
Just now, Aaron Brand said:

If it's the entire WXR system that is inop, then the aircraft is limited to VMC conditions and the PWS is considered as inop too. If it's just one display that is inop, then you can fly IMC if needed.

shouldnt be an issue in summer i guess.

phil highton
1 hour ago, Koen Meier said:

Koen, normally if an item is not in the MEL, then the aircraft cannot be dispatched , and you probably need dispensation from the the manufacturer 

Koen Meier
Just now, Alex Pugh said:

Did FSL ever say if non-SL airplanes will get the sat dome option with the expansion?

currently no but who knows whether down the road we will shee it jsut like other features that were first introduced on a new product

phil highton
On 6/26/2020 at 7:22 PM, Andrew Wilson said:

We do that already - anytime the toilet flushes, weight is taken from the water tank and added to the waste tank. emoji4.png

Really , Andrew could you be  taking your job just a little too serious lol !;) 

Marc Stanford
10 hours ago, Aaron Brand said:

Took this for you last night at work Marc.  Enjoy a quick shot of the aft avionics compartment.

AFT-EE.thumb.jpg.e1a7aaebb65edc0abb278bfd9272fe45.jpg

Thanks Aaron! Do you have pictures for the forward, and left / right hand avionics compartment? It seems the A320 has 4 of them!

Does anybody know what the ECON FLOW button on the A321 does and is it functional on the FSL bus? The FCOMs I have only have the knob not the button.

Koen Meier
5 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Does anybody know what the ECON FLOW button on the A321 does and is it functional on the FSL bus? The FCOMs I have only have the knob not the button.

It is functional. It limits the pack flow. 

Marc Stanford
1 minute ago, Koen Meier said:

It is functional. It limits the pack flow. 

And it saves fuel from the APU and engines because of decrease of bleed demand correct?

Aaron Brand
12 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

Thanks Aaron! Do you have pictures for the forward, and left / right hand avionics compartment? It seems the A320 has 4 of them!

One on the left, two on the right, one in front of the nose gear dog box. Oh!, and no....

Shannon Misquitta

how long till we get the update ,NDA Lifted so Labs feels pretty confidant about it so far .

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Shannon Misquitta said:

how long till we get the update ,NDA Lifted so Labs feels pretty confidant about it so far .

just wait till there is an post in the announcement section made by the devs.

Timm Rehberg

Are we there yet? Jes.... why aren't we yet at page 320??!! I told you, they won´t release the thing before we haven't reached page #320!
Come on!

36 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

just wait till there is an post in the announcement section made by the devs.

Just ... what? Wa...? Whats that? Never heard the word "wait" within the FS community for years! :P:D 

Camille MOUCHEL
On 6/26/2020 at 4:13 PM, Artur Araripe said:

:D

Can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077 tbh

same !

• Like 1
Norman Blackburn
33 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Are we there yet?

Sind wir schon da?!

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Timm Rehberg

Jetzt werden wir alle langsam verrückt! Sogar die Moderatoren :D:ph34r:

• Haha 3
Norman Blackburn
Just now, Timm Rehberg said:

Jetzt werden wir alle langsam verrückt! Sogar die Moderatoren :D:ph34r:

nur manchmal!

Timm Rehberg
1 minute ago, Norman Blackburn said:

nur manchmal!

Immerhin hilfst du uns zu unserem Ziel von 320 Seiten zu gelangen! Sehr sehr nett von dir! :)
Oder bist du verärgert und gelangweilt weil du einfach keine Bugs mehr finden kannst? :P

Norman Blackburn
1 minute ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Immerhin hilfst du uns zu unserem Ziel von 320 Seiten zu gelangen! 

Only 320?  But some people talked of 380.  And what if we considered a Boeing.

Timm Rehberg
2 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

.....  And what if we considered a Boeing.

You should be fired, straight! Go!

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Only 320?  But some people talked of 380.  And what if we considered a Boeing.

did embrear or mitsubishi come to mind.

Timm Rehberg
Just now, Koen Meier said:

did embrear or mitsubishi come to mind.

I can only approve at least CSeries ;) 
The rest... get away with it :D 

Koen Meier

back to sharklets and the update. my guts have a good feeling for today or tomorrow.

João Gouveia

Think I heard the NDA was about to be lifted. Has it already?

Timm Rehberg

But I guess without @David Norfolk spaming around, we won`t see anything today than just Norman writing german :) 

Just now, João Gouveia said:

Ages ago! :) See screenshot section :) 

Koen Meier
Just now, João Gouveia said:

look at the screenshot section at the V5 topic. beta testers have been showing off picture sin there.

João Gouveia
1 minute ago, Timm Rehberg said:

But I guess without @David Norfolk spaming around, we won`t see anything today than just Norman writing german :) 

Ages ago! :) See screenshot section :) 

1 minute ago, Koen Meier said:

look at the screenshot section at the V5 topic. beta testers have been showing off picture sin there.

Ooh didn't notice. Thanks!!