David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

Erik Schlijper
11 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

because they are testing new features perhaps.

But if understand this correctly:

17 minutes ago, John Barnes said:

Today is cancelled due to lack of interest.

No testing today :( Or no release today? :huh:

Robin Locher

Maybe we have to show interest:)

Erik Schlijper
Just now, Robin Locher said:

Time to start building my FSLabs shrine then :P

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Erik Schlijper said:

But if understand this correctly:

No testing today :( Or no release today? :huh:

could be a groupflight he was refering to. we simply dont know.

David Norfolk
1 minute ago, Robin Locher said:

I'm pretty sure we don't need to show it. I'm also sure that fslabs knows the interest is there by now.

21 minutes ago, John Barnes said:

Mood 

• Like 1

Erik Schlijper
Just now, Koen Meier said:

could be a groupflight he was refering to. we simply dont know.

Ahhh that I did miss. Thanks for that info.
But indeed, we have to go by the things we know, also we must have patience :)

Marc Stanford
19 minutes ago, Matth1a5 Knu€tt€l said:

Why is the FSL Team not interested in releasing the update? :P

Now that HF2 is out it shouldn’t be that long.

David Norfolk

Andrew snuck this in yesterday. Maybe this will cleanse your airbus pallets 

A320v5.jpg.cc2eed4e95e85236af4e377a61143c20.jpg

• Like 11

Erik Schlijper

That looks amazing!! :wub::wub:

Karl Brooker

FSL not releasing today because, if they did, our PCs would heat up the house so much there'd be housefires all across the world.

23C and not even 0830z yet is horrible. Expecting a high of 29C where I am.

Matth1a5 Knu€tt€l
3 minutes ago, Karl Brooker said:

FSL not releasing today because, if they did, our PCs would heat up the house so much there'd be housefires all across the world.

32 °C expected today here in southern Bavaria :P

Oh, and my computer has a good cooling system - even at 40 °C it can handle the FSLabs :D

• Like 1

Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Karl Brooker said:

it will only get warmer.

Robin Locher

30 here in Baden Württemberg, so lets have a look:)

• Like 1

David Norfolk

I mean, its only gone 0930 here 

Screenshot_20200625-092547_Weather.jpg

San Lin

The weather is really perfect to fly today.Plz release hahahahah

Timm Rehberg
20 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

I mean, its only gone 0930 here 

Screenshot_20200625-092547_Weather.jpg

UK weather? Must be a fake. Get out to check twice.

55 minutes ago, John Barnes said:

How dare you! - Come on, just because you can't find any bug to report anymore? :P Nothing to crash? :D 

Jose Ignacio Rodriguez

Come to Madrid guys, 34ºC the high for today, and reaching 38ºC next week....

David Norfolk

Me when I see Lefteris release the update 

1501433631333.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Timm Rehberg
6 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Me when I see Lefteris release the update 

46a3zv.jpg

Me, waiting for it (coffee inside)

• Like 1

Jake Timandi

Airbus A380 Airline Happy Trip Double Plane Self Driving ...ME WEHN Fslabs release

• Sad 1

Artur Araripe
14 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

I’m looking at a few games to keep me distracted until the update comes out, what do you guys recommend?

The Witcher 3, Red Dead Redemption 2, Assetto Corsa Competizione, Football Manager 2020, rFactor 2, Heavy Rain :P

• Like 1

David Norfolk

Whoever jinxed it & the update isn't releasing today, I'm gonna make sure you don't get your copies smh

• Haha 3

Koen Meier
Just now, David Norfolk said:

Whoever jinxed it & the update isn't releasing today, I'm gonna make sure you don't get your copies smh

what if the testers have jinxed it?

• Sad 1

David Norfolk
2 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

what if the testers have jinxed it?

they can idk...keep the beta versions 

• Haha 1

Will Tearne
4 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

they can idk...keep the beta versions 

I don't think it's the time we're having to wait that is annoying people, but rather the lack of transparency as to WHY it's taking so long. I hate to compare this product to other products, but PMDG managed to release their B747 products out for v5 very quickly after it was released, albeit without any new features. I, for one, would have preferred to have only a compatibility update soon after v5 released and then the extra features been added at a later date. I understand why they're trying to merge the two updates into one, as it will be less work for them, but I personally would have preferred it how I outlined above.

David Norfolk
Just now, Will Tearne said:

I don't think it's the time we're having to wait that is annoying people, but rather the lack of transparency as to WHY it's taking so long. I hate to compare this product to other products, but PMDG managed to release their B747 products out for v5 very quickly after it was released, albeit without any new features. I, for one, would have preferred to have only a compatibility update soon after v5 released and then the extra features been added at a later date. I understand why they're trying to merge the two updates into one, as it will be less work for them, but I personally would have preferred it how I outlined above.

i mean, i said it as a joke but jokes aside. They've already said that they were waiting for the HF2. when that drops they need to test everything to make sure to give the all clear. they were also doing tweaks to the model etc in the meantime 

• Like 2

Will Tearne
3 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

i mean, i said it as a joke but jokes aside. They've already said that they were waiting for the HF2. when that drops they need to test everything to make sure to give the all clear. they were also doing tweaks to the model etc in the meantime 

I understand that they were waiting for v5 HF2, and of course everyone here is incredibly excited to see their FSLabs aircraft back in the sim. I certainly am. Just a bit more transparency would be nice, in my opinion.

Robert Ruprecht

@Will Tearne if you track back through the 2000 plus posts you will many times where FSLAbs have explained the reasons WHY.

Not sure how that is a lack of transparency. PMDG announced a couple of days ago that it would be 4-14 days before they can release their models. 

• Haha 1

David Norfolk
Just now, Will Tearne said:

I understand that they were waiting for v5 HF2, and of course everyone here is incredibly excited to see their FSLabs aircraft back in the sim. I certainly am. Just a bit more transparency would be nice, in my opinion.

i see where you're coming from but if nothings really changed from what they said before then it would seem kinda pointless 

Marc Fuolega

FSLabs is what it is with its track record of communication (and that one unfortunate scandal).  

I love the product anyway. ;) Communication has always been their weakest point and they’re trailing behind the devs of my two other favorite addons for sure in that regard.

At least I’ve got a very ill-tempered doggie to fly in P5D. :D

Will Tearne
6 minutes ago, Robert Ruprecht said:

@Will Tearne if you track back through the 2000 plus posts you will many times where FSLAbs have explained the reasons WHY.

Not sure how that is a lack of transparency. PMDG announced a couple of days ago that it would be 4-14 days before they can release their models. 

I understand that they're implementing ACARS into their A319 and A320 products, along with changing the model slightly and P5D compatibility etc. What I mean about lack of communication is updates on how the testing is going etc. This is not a problem solely in FSLabs, with other developers guilty of a lack of transparency, but a weekly update on how things are going testing-wise would be a highly appreciated move.

• Like 1

Timm Rehberg
9 minutes ago, Will Tearne said:

How much you want? You want to see who is doing what or working on what?
They said we have to wait until HF2 until LM fixed several things and make P3D v5 a more stable version. We can benefit from fixed things with a better visual result AND we have a more stable joy flying it around.
Nobody said we will have it hours after HF2 release. But what we can be 100% sure about is that it will be another/again a great and big update we will all enjoy :) and Andrew even preview'd it yesterday ! There is no doubt anymore :D

• Like 1

Will Tearne
1 minute ago, Timm Rehberg said:

How much you want? You want to see who is doing what or working on what?
They said we have to wait until HF2 until LM fixed several things and make P3D v5 a more stable version. We can benefit from fixed things with a better visual result AND we have a more stable joy flying it around.
Nobody said we will have it hours after HF2 release. But what we can be 100% sure about is that it will be another/again a great and big update we will all enjoy :) and Andrew even preview'd it yesterday ! There is no doubt anymore :D

I don't mind who is working on what. We paid upwards of $200 if we bought all 3 products, so I think we deserve to know the state of the products we paid for, or a rough time estimate for a release. I don't think anyone was expecting it to come out hours after the HF2 release, but at least a statement following the release could have been nice, saying what they're working on now etc. Of course everyone appreciated Andrew's preview, and it does look stunning I agree. That's the transparency we need as customers.

• Like 1

Robert Ruprecht

@Will Tearne, ok I understand your frustration and  I understand now from your reply that you do understand why there is a delay, a lthough no one gave a time limit on when it would be released. It is free in any event. So it seems it’s updates on testing that’s really bugging you. Not sure I would release anything on testing if I was involved commercially for obvious reasons. 

David Norfolk
18 minutes ago, Will Tearne said:

I don't mind who is working on what. We paid upwards of $200 if we bought all 3 products, so I think we deserve to know the state of the products we paid for, or a rough time estimate for a release. I don't think anyone was expecting it to come out hours after the HF2 release, but at least a statement following the release could have been nice, saying what they're working on now etc. Of course everyone appreciated Andrew's preview, and it does look stunning I agree. That's the transparency we need as customers.

No, you paid $200 for the products you can currently use in v4.They can't provide a release date even if they wanted too. if they said they were releasing tomorrow & then they find a major break? it get's held against them. and for you to say you to say you deserve to know the state of the products you paid for, well they're all working fine in v4. v5 is still in testing, that's as close as you can physically get it without releasing the thing. Andrews preview gives you a good indication things are most likely going well. I'm sure they want us to have it as much as we actually want it.  

• Like 2

Timm Rehberg
7 minutes ago, Will Tearne said:

I paid somewhat around ...what ever how much Euro for Windows and I don´t get updates what they work on, who is working on what feature...
I paid 70€ for preorder F1 2020 but I don´t know what they do now. I want my game NOW! 

Its part of the software industry that they can't share all info we may want to know but what we/you already learned by FSL - they inform us when ever there is something to update. They preview things when they are to preview. So HF2 is released, give them time to test everything that we don´t need to install 2 more hotfix-versions of the Airbus itself. 
It may not be that public but how often did another dev update the product released for P3D v5? Simply you just have to run the updater and let it update.
Lets avoid anything like that :) 

Will Tearne
3 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

I paid somewhat around ...what ever how much Euro for Windows and I don´t get updates what they work on, who is working on what feature...
I paid 70€ for preorder F1 2020 but I don´t know what they do now. I want my game NOW! 

Its part of the software industry that they can't share all info we may want to know but what we/you already learned by FSL - they inform us when ever there is something to update. They preview things when they are to preview. So HF2 is released, give them time to test everything that we don´t need to install 2 more hotfix-versions of the Airbus itself. 
It may not be that public but how often did another dev update the product released for P3D v5? Simply you just have to run the updater and let it update.
Lets avoid anything like that :) 

Comparing the FSLabs to an Operating System and to a complete game is a bit of a stretch. I do see where you're coming from though.

Stu Antonio

I‘m totally fine and happy with the amount of transparency and information FSL is giving us. Compared to other developers they are a) pretty close to the customer and b) honest and reliable. At least in my eyes. 

• Like 3

Aaron Brand

I paid for all 3 products and I don't care for them to tell me when one tester scratched and another farted.  It's ready when it's ready, in the meanwhile I fly the current version and enjoy it.

Children....

• Like 3

Brian McCumiskey
17 minutes ago, Will Tearne said:

We paid upwards of $200 if we bought all 3 products, so I think we deserve to know the state of the products we paid for, or a rough time estimate for a release.

Dude. Are you serious? You and me paid for a P3D V4 product. FSLabs has the right in the tos we all agreed to when buying the product that it is P3D V4 exclusive. Not P3D V3, not FSX, not FS2020, nothing. If they wanted to, they could completely charge us to buy a new product. Be thankful FSLabs is even giving us this amazing fantastic update for free. But in no way are you or anybody entitled to a release date. 

• Like 1

Timm Rehberg

I have plenty of addons in my simmarket account that needs to upgrade for a special fee to get compatible with v5. Thank go.. or Lefti, Andrew and the complete team, we don´t have to pay for making the FSL compatible with v5 :) 

Even though that I really want to spend my money now for Sharkies :D (back to the thread name!)
HYPE!

Robert Ruprecht

Let’s relax a little guys, we all want the same thing at the end of the day, ( not a time table, just a saying). We might be ganging up on Will. There are lots of opinions , and some press our buttons. Let’s wait in peace.

Koen Meier

while we wait for the new update have a look here, not sure whether the term new update refers to the one in testing or one after that>

but we can now use the mech call.

• Like 1

Matthew Knowles

In Regards to Andrews picture what was it showing call me stupid I’m just waiting for the sharklets so not sure what else Is being implemented