David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk
Just now, Erik Schlijper said:

Good sign I guess it is on the fastspring page!

How long was there between the A321 appearing on the product page and release?

Couldn't tell you for sure but when i clocked it on there must been a while but it's most likely in beta testing now so this is longest bit 

• Like 1

Erik Schlijper
Just now, Chris Frasure said:

Besides, "look," will they do anything for performance or etc?

CF

I believe I did read somewhere that FSLabs will also simulate the performance impacts that the sharklets come with

David Norfolk
2 minutes ago, Chris Frasure said:

Besides, "look," will they do anything for performance or etc?

CF

Yes, S8 Software which includes new "stuff, performace, flight model etc. someone will be able to do a better description of it but theres goodies 

Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Yes, S8 Software which includes new "stuff, performace, flight model etc. someone will be able to do a better description of it but theres goodies 

general enough i think.

plus i might need to dive deep into the forum to find the thread perhaps.

David Norfolk
1 minute ago, Koen Meier said:

general enough i think.

plus i might need to dive deep into the forum to find the thread perhaps.

Yeah most likely, i know from what andrews said before it's quite a list

Koen Meier

hopefully not as long as this thread 

what is the link to the general fastping site of fslabs.

Edited by Koen Meier

David Norfolk
Just now, Koen Meier said:

hopefully not as long as this thread 

hahaha 51 pages! jesus, lets get them comments rolled in boys & girls. I'm also hoping it isn't that long

Camille MOUCHEL

So we will have to pay for 50 usd for the sharklet version which mostly affect the fuel consumption by 6-7% less ?

Erik Schlijper

Well. as I have no life I did a quick search of the A321 progress topic. The 321 appeared on the fastspring page first on Dec 23 2019 as far as I can see. And it got released on the same day...Of course this is not a guarantee but maybe a shiny spark of hope.

Koen Meier
Just now, Erik Schlijper said:

Well. as I have no life I did a quick search of the A321 progress topic. The 321 appeared on the fastspring page first on Dec 23 2019 as far as I can see. And it got released on the same day...Of course this is not a guarantee but maybe a shiny spark of hope.

it was there way earlier. might have been a different thread even.

• Like 1

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

So we will have to pay for 50 usd for the sharklet version which mostly affect the fuel consumption by 6-7% less ?

two airframes with sharklets, custome flight modeling, drag, fuel burn, software update.

then we also get S8 software moving to the A319/320/321 plus dcdu on the A319/320 for those i dont know if it is paid.

Mark Roberts

I would be surprised if we get the Sharklets before the Middle of April.

They said in the next couple months on January 29th so its been almost one so I say end of April/Beginning of May for release.

Camille MOUCHEL
On 2/22/2020 at 1:14 PM, Andrew Wilson said:

All variants will now be S8 by default.

what does S8 add ?

Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Mark Roberts said:

I would be surprised if we get the Sharklets before the Middle of April.

They said in the next couple months on January 29th so its been almost one so I say end of April/Beginning of May for release.

"this should be available for purchase within the coming months."

slightly differently worded.

"what does S8 add ?"

at least this.

Edited by Koen Meier
  • Like 1

Camille MOUCHEL
3 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

two airframes with sharklets, custome flight modeling, drag, fuel burn, software update.

Would have been more interesting imo to add a DLC sharlet + NEO Engines

then we also get S8 software moving to the A319/320/321 plus dcdu on the A319/320 for those i dont know if it is paid. => we would need to pay for that ?

Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

Would have been more interesting imo to add a DLC sharlet + NEO Engines

then we also get S8 software moving to the A319/320/321 plus dcdu on the A319/320 for those i dont know if it is paid. => we would need to pay for that ?

NEO is even then different as that is also a whole new engine to be moddeled.

• Like 1

David Norfolk

Coming months could be tomorrow or summer. 

• Like 3

Camille MOUCHEL
16 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

NEO is even then different as that is also a whole new engine to be moddeled.

I know but would more sense to bring the sharklet + NEO engines instead of just the sharklet. 

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

I know but would more sense to bring the sharklet + NEO engines instead of just the sharklet. 

you then have 4 sharklet variants ie 2 per airframe, the neo would also be 4 variants, that is 8 different airframes in total. that can be a high price to pay for some.

keep in mind neo data is hard to obtain even if there are more neo rolling out of airbus.

• Like 1

Robert Sutherland
12 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

Camille, consider how long it took for the A321 and A319 variants to come after they released the A320.

Now apply that timeframe to entirely new engines, new system logic and more.

Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

Camille, consider how long it took for the A321 and A319 variants to come after they released the A320.

Now apply that timeframe to entirely new engines, new system logic and more.

it took like 6 years for the a320 to be released i think.

Robert Sutherland
21 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

it took like 6 years for the a320 to be released i think.

Yep!

In fairness, I think much of that development helped to create foundations from which additional variants could be created. Which meant that the release of the A319 and A321 took less time. But it still requires significant resource for FSLab to get them to market.

The Other issue with the NEO is that, as far as I understand, performance data isn't readily available. 

• Like 1

Harry Westbury

Does anyone know if we will get the option for new LED lights? I wonder if this is something that can be edited in the effect files?

Andrew Wilson

Our sharks have LED lighting inside and out. We also simulate the fade in/out time of the various lights correctly. Some turn on/off instantly - whereas others you’ll see power up and fade out. This is only made possible using our unique application of dynamic effects in P3D.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5

Koen Meier
26 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Our sharks have LED lighting inside and out. We also simulate the fade in/out time of the various lights correctly. Some turn on/off instantly - whereas others you’ll see power up and fade out. This is only made possible using our unique application of dynamic effects in P3D.

You guys keep amazing us all.

David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Andrew Wilson said:

What you mean by Inside & out andy?Scratch that, someones explained it to me:lol:. What my big question is though is have you modelled the strobe light in the "casing" I know George said he thinks a limitation of the sim but I'm curious to know if you managed to do it

Artur Araripe
29 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

limitation of the sim 

FSL knows no limitations. If it's impossible, they make it possible ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

David Norfolk
8 minutes ago, Artur Araripe said:

FSL knows no limitations. If it's impossible, they make it possible ;) 

Very true 

• Haha 1

Steven Silva
4 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Nuestros tiburones tienen iluminación LED por dentro y por fuera. También simulamos el tiempo de entrada / salida de desvanecimiento de las diferentes luces correctamente. Algunos se encienden / apagan instantáneamente, mientras que otros verán que se encienden y se desvanecen. Esto solo es posible utilizando nuestra aplicación única de efectos dinámicos en P3D.

Andrew can you give us a sample of the Sharklets on video as MSFS breaks the NDA please please 

Frederic Nadot

Where is the limitation? A lot of aircrafts have the strobes visible from the interior. 

Dave Woycek
18 hours ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

Read the thread. We will hopefully also get the S8 FMGS/MCDU software standard with a lot more (all?) stuff modeled, new LED lighting, and more.

Frankly, I am much more excited getting the A320 sharklet with all the goodies than I was for the A321. As an offline only pilot, CPDLC was not much of an incentive.

• Like 3

David Murden
21 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

Coming months could be tomorrow or summer. 

Or Nov -Dec

Robert Sutherland
6 hours ago, Frederic Nadot said:

Where is the limitation? A lot of aircrafts have the strobes visible from the interior. 

David means the lights from an external perspective. Very often, developers are limited because they can't actually build the strobe into the structure of the aircraft. The lights typically flash just outside of the model. 

• Like 3

David Norfolk

Go to page one frederic, it's all there 

Timm Rehberg

doz4fing.png

:wub:

*found out that Lufthansa has not even one A321 with Sharklets except of the new Neo babys :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Artur Araripe

100% legit

HLTV confirmed

Khoa Nguyen
1 hour ago, Timm Rehberg said:

doz4fing.png

:wub:

*found out that Lufthansa has not even one A321 with Sharklets except of the new Neo babys :ph34r:

Great but you forgot to add reflection profile for the sharklets.... :p 

David Norfolk

10/10 photoshop skills right there.

• Thanks 1

Timm Rehberg

All for you mate.

Aeroflot+A320+sharklets.jpg?format=750w

Enjoy this! 

• Like 2

Patrick Hildebrand

Waiting for this beauty

D-AIZR.jpg

• Like 1

Timm Rehberg
20 minutes ago, Patrick Hildebrand said:

Waiting for this beauty

D-AIZR.jpg

Wont be available ever and ever cause I will hack where ever this is uploaded. Wrong livery :P:D 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Patrick Hildebrand

Yes of course wrong FC :D 

Andre Heilscher

With this jet you will always have the problem that the left seat is blocked by Mr. Favre.

And it will suddenly climb or descent without any reason :lol: