David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

Robert Sutherland
16 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Marc-

my official statement still stands as before - no change to what I had to say and I am not sure where you're getting any indications that HF2 is going to take months. We cannot elaborate on the topic for various obvious reasons - perhaps you could enlighten us?

@Marc Stanford try to read between the lines a bit. If Lefteris is under the impression that HF2 won't take months to release, then I'd be inclined to believe him. 

Paolo Basta

Let's have Faith in Mr Lefteris, we are in good hands on what he said, than im sure he knows more than what we don't know.

• Like 1

Craig Norman
On 6/15/2020 at 11:33 PM, Marc Stanford said:

This is exactly why I'm staying with v4, I don't want to have to go back to the dark ages worrying about OOMs every minute of a flight it completely ruins it. Until LM fixes it (which is gonna be a while) I'm staying with v4 for now. 4.5 HF2 is very stable for me.

The bus was almost unflyable for me in P3D 3.4 with the 32-bit but with v4 you don't have to worry about that anymore and the CTDs are way down now. Last time I had a "Prepar3D.exe stopped working" error message was in 2017.

Same here, and I was about to mention that I'm using v4, so I'm not getting much VRAM hogging or spikes, even when I'm flying into KMCO with T2G and ORBX running, though ORBX does drag the FPS down, so I don't tend to go crazy on scenery mods outside of airports with the exception of Orlando, because I wanted the theme parks to be in full detail when I'm approaching.

San Lin

some information about HF2

04067440-29E6-4E44-B041-ED47FCB634D8.jpeg

• Like 1

Nathan Stringer
1 hour ago, San Lin said:

some information about HF2

04067440-29E6-4E44-B041-ED47FCB634D8.jpeg

This is old. This is from a couple weeks ago.

Jake Timandi

do you have a link to this forum?

San Lin
4 hours ago, Nathan Stringer said:

This is old. This is from a couple weeks ago.

So it descend to 5000ft now?

Nathan Stringer
38 minutes ago, Jake Timandi said:

do you have a link to this forum?

just avsim p3d forum. 

37 minutes ago, San Lin said:

So it decent to 5000ft now?

id say it was a diversion due to some "light chop".

• Like 1

Stu Antonio

Not sure if the term „hotfix“ still qualifies.... :D 

Robert Sutherland

Well that's positive about the update.

While I'm fed up with this prolonged delay, I'm sure the LM devs are working hard to try and get it out. The stuff about them 'laughing at us' on that thread is just ridiculous, though. 

• Like 2

David Norfolk

She's not wrong! 

20200618_143025.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

Hendrik Schall

It's nearly everytime the same...the update is announced, then after a couple of month everybody thinks it's ready for release and the update thread runs hot during tuesdays and wednesdays and than there comes the info that Fslabs is waiting for a P3D update. From this stage I get used to a nother couple of weeks waiting and stop my hopes for a quick release considering another couple of month waiting. Because two beta testing phases being dependent from each other makes this all to a lottery.

I can understand that everybody is working hard and I really appreciate that, but I think it would be better to release the updates independent from the P3D updates. I'm having the Fslabs since more than two years now and I remember that most of the time after a major update came, it was followed by some small updates 1-2 weeks after that, especially last autemn there came a couple of sound fixes. So why not releasing for P3D v4.5 and then making a new installer for v5, when the hotfix is ready? I can understand the aim to minimalize the amount of updates (because people get tired of reinstalling it everytime again) so the only perfect solution in my opinion would be something like the operation center of a well known boeing add-on developer with the possibilty to release micro updates without a complete reinstall. I believe something like this was allready announced some years ago, but haven't heared anything about it for a long time.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Antti Salo
1 hour ago, Hendrik Schall said:

something like the operation center of a well known boeing add-on developer with the possibilty to release micro updates without a complete reinstall.

This is something I fully agree we need. It’s quite a nuisance downloading and installing everything over again when an update is released, and will be even more so when we have the sharklets. Actually since a few updates, I haven’t even bothered installing the A319 because of this.

Well, good thing it is on the roadmap. Just hope it’s not years away.

• Like 4

David Norfolk

An ops centre has been on the cards for a long while. LK also said its not something that can be whipped up in 5 minutes. My guess is thats probably something we would see after sharklets release. Who knows though 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

duartevieira
3 hours ago, Hendrik Schall said:

It's nearly everytime the same...the update is announced, then after a couple of month everybody thinks it's ready for release and the update thread runs hot during tuesdays and wednesdays and than there comes the info that Fslabs is waiting for a P3D update. From this stage I get used to a nother couple of weeks waiting and stop my hopes for a quick release considering another couple of month waiting. Because two beta testing phases being dependent from each other makes this all to a lottery.

I can understand that everybody is working hard and I really appreciate that, but I think it would be better to release the updates independent from the P3D updates. I'm having the Fslabs since more than two years now and I remember that most of the time after a major update came, it was followed by some small updates 1-2 weeks after that, especially last autemn there came a couple of sound fixes. So why not releasing for P3D v4.5 and then making a new installer for v5, when the hotfix is ready? I can understand the aim to minimalize the amount of updates (because people get tired of reinstalling it everytime again) so the only perfect solution in my opinion would be something like the operation center of a well known boeing add-on developer with the possibilty to release micro updates without a complete reinstall. I believe something like this was allready announced some years ago, but haven't heared anything about it for a long time.

Agreed well due 

• Like 1

Marc Stanford

Whatever it is I just hope the FSL update drops this summer.

Pascal Wagner
12 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

She's not wrong! 

20200618_143025.png

Arschcam lol... 

Jake Timandi

it eez what it eez.

hqdefault.jpg

Atul Mishra
13 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

She's not wrong! 

20200618_143025.png

Might be gf or wife of someone from this forum hahha.

Stu Antonio
10 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

Whatever it is I just hope the FSL update drops this summer.

Actually I hope the sharklets will drop this summer..... I’m sure the update is just a matter of a couple of more weeks.

Stu Antonio
16 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

She's not wrong! 

20200618_143025.png

That‘s why I tell my wife I‘m getting „paid“ for „beta testing“ flightsim stuff :ph34r:B)

:D

• Haha 1

ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd

Sorry I'm late to the party, but is a 319 with sharklets somewhere in the pipeline ? :ph34r:

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd said:

Sorry I'm late to the party, but is a 319 with sharklets somewhere in the pipeline ? :ph34r:

i think i have read they have no intention to do that one.

• Thanks 1

Norman Blackburn
12 minutes ago, ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd said:

Sorry there are no plans to add sharklets to A319-X

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Marc Ehnle
18 hours ago, Antti Salo said:

This is something I fully agree we need. It’s quite a nuisance downloading and installing everything over again when an update is released, and will be even more so when we have the sharklets. Actually since a few updates, I haven’t even bothered installing the A319 because of this.

Well, good thing it is on the roadmap. Just hope it’s not years away.

Yup... I normally skip updates as long as I have a working version and only update occasionally... looking for my order numbers and serials every time for downloading 3 addons atm is annoying, a forth time won‘t even be purchased without a central update manager. Most developers use this thechnique now, I‘ve noticed some scenery addon devs even use exactly the same update manager. 

Camille MOUCHEL
On 6/9/2020 at 10:56 AM, Angelo Kühberger said:

i‘m the only, i fly the V5 with the maddog md82 since weeks and i have 0 ctd or problems with the V5. 

I use Orbx, Active Sky, Envtext, MaddogX, FlightOne UT Traffic Live, GSX etc etc 

and this with extrem smooth 50-60fps 

and yes my VRam is by 6-7gb but my Asus 2080ti OC have no problem with it ? 

But the V5 run extrem good for me 

same but with my OLD 4790K? i don't have any FPS gain with V5, my 1080Ti is averaging 15% usage in 1440p, i mean, it's like having a GPU for v4/5 is useless

So i'm quite disapointed, the only way to gain FPS is to upgrade to a mew mobo+RAM+CPU but i can't afford that for the moment

at the beginning the W10 2004 gave me CTD free experience with v5 but since the recent W10 update, i'm constantly below 30 FPS and with lots of stutters with the MaddogX which I didn't have at the beginning

Camille MOUCHEL
On 6/11/2020 at 11:47 PM, Marvin Toepfer said:

Sick of those postings....really!

LM might have fear msfs2020 and rush the release of V5, looks more like we are paying to beta... any way

v4 worked pretty flawlessly except the stutters and the low FPS i was getting ( my GTX 1080Ti usage was <30%). So i have high hope when people said that they have gained lots of FPS with v5, but on my end, it doesn"t seemed to case even with medium setting.

Again with v5 my 1080Ti usage is at 30% max and is generally between 10-15%, how can it be that low ? i've only been flying with the maddogX on V5. Need to test the fslabs on v5 and see if i see any performance issue.

Camille MOUCHEL
On 6/15/2020 at 8:06 PM, Angelo Kühberger said:

I fly every day the Maddog MD82 on P3D V5 with Orbx, ActiveSky, UTTraffic it works perfect. 

I have stable 40-50fps (but on V5 feels like 70-80fps) 

Only thing is i have 7.5-8.0gb vram :D 

But the GTX2080ti make it :P

what's your CPU ?

I fly the maddog only on v5 as well until the a320 SL gets released but i'm having hard time most of the time getting 30+

Marc Fuolega

And it says hotfix will be out early next week. 

Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Marc Fuolega said:

And it says hotfix will be out early next week. 

that i didnt notice when i looked at it but also great news.

Marc Stanford

I guess we're gonna have to get on our knees and pray AGAIN to Lefteris the bus god to give us the update this summer.

Koen Meier
Just now, Marc Stanford said:

I guess we're gonna have to get on our knees and pray AGAIN to Lefteris the bus god to give us the update this summer.

have some hope mate. 

Marc Stanford
Just now, Koen Meier said:

have some hope mate. 

Actually since the HF is gonna be out early next week (assuming everything goes well) then it should be a few weeks until the update drops? I'm more excited for the A321 update but I can fly the A320 update for a bit until then.

Danny Moore
14 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Actually since the HF is gonna be out early next week (assuming everything goes well) then it should be a few weeks until the update drops? I'm more excited for the A321 update but I can fly the A320 update for a bit until then.

Why do you do this every update? Nothing wrong with the current A321 that is currently out. I went back to the A321 launch topic where you couldn't wait for it to release. Now your going to be stuck flying the updated A320 until the A321 get's the software updates. Seems like your not satisfied unless your flying the latest update. :unsure:

• Like 4

David Porrett
19 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

You really should calm down Dude. There are more important things to be getting tense about than a piece of software. The update will come - it concerns me to see someone so consumed by the wait.

• Like 4

Marc Stanford
15 minutes ago, David Porrett said:

You really should calm down Dude. There are more important things to be getting tense about than a piece of software. The update will come - it concerns me to see someone so consumed by the wait.

Forgot to add the :) so people wouldn't misinterpret this as serious. FSL would release the A320/A321 update in the next few weeks, maybe LK will make an announcement once the HF releases.

I like the new S8 software because every EIS2 bus has them nowadays from what I have seen on the net. The new S8 software is what I'm really looking for. I don't know why FSL omitted that in the first release but I'm sure they had their reasons.

Marc Fuolega
11 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Forgot to add the :) so people wouldn't misinterpret this as serious.

It's really hard to see the non-serious aspects of your constant overly dramatic complaining.

• Like 5

Alex Maidment
14 minutes ago, Marc Fuolega said:

It's really hard to see the non-serious aspects of your constant overly dramatic complaining.

relax man, doesn't really affect you that much, if you have paid money for something, you have a right to express your feelings about it. Doesn't help to highlight the negativity, just ignore it.

Paul Parkin

This thread needs more sharklets:

81313_1517100212.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Alex Maidment
2 minutes ago, Paul Parkin said:

This thread needs more sharklets:

81313_1517100212.jpg

Amen, Side tracked the "nth" degree.

Eric Fisher

HF2 drops next week. Likely be early July for FSL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Robert Sutherland

This is good news!