Jump to content
David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

Recommended Posts

Marc Stanford

Does the team have access to the HF2 prototype so they can play the update around with it?

Share this post


Link to post
Norman Blackburn
Just now, Marc Stanford said:

Does the team have access to the HF2 prototype so they can play the update around with it?

Hi Marc,

If we had we couldn’t really talk about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford
15 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Marc,

If we had we couldn’t really talk about it.

So given recent events it would be weeks or months before we see the update for the A320/A321. I guess we can forget about Sharklets this summer then :/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
San Lin

Just fly 4.5.Dont care about v5 may make us feel happier.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Marvin Toepfer
21 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

So given recent events it would be weeks or months before we see the update for the A320/A321. I guess we can forget about Sharklets this summer then :/

funny that u liked my post  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford

Tbh I don’t feel this is a hype thread anymore it’s lost it’s energy. Only a few posts a day here and there.

Norman show us a few night cockpit pics of the update that may stir it up again!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Alex Pugh
18 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Tbh I don’t feel this is a hype thread anymore it’s lost it’s energy. Only a few posts a day here and there.

Norman show us a few night cockpit pics of the update that may stir it up again!

You could always find some other way to occupy your time.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
San Lin

All energy is limited.No one can always keep full of energy.By no replying the hype any more,no watching BB’s live any more.Now,seem no one care about when or whether it release.Just go back to 4.5 and wait.:lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk

Heres one for you then, a livery for the first ever a321 sharklet airbus made. REG D-AZAK.

163437_big.jpg

DSC_5492-D-AZAK_-_MSN_5295_(10299307433).jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Norman Blackburn

That looks like a very complex livery to repaint!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

That looks like a very complex livery to repaint!

only difficult thing is the orange measuremetn device thingy at the tail.

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Norman Blackburn said:

That looks like a very complex livery to repaint!

If its not in the release package of liveries for the sharks. I'll be pointing fingers at you ;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
San Lin

24h no one say a word in this Hype post.hahah

Share this post


Link to post
Ramon De Valencia

There is nothing to say really.

If you are in V4.5 you should still enjoy the current FSlabs lineup.

If you are flying V5 then you can enjoy the other aircraft in the meantime. You should also consider that after LM release HF2 you should also wait a couple of weeks* to test the new FSLabs updated version.

And then you can think about the Sharklets.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Stu Antonio

Or.... since without the need for a hotfix initially the v5 update could very well be out by now, all this delay and HF2 mess gave them the time to finalise the sharklets behind the scenes and we‘ll see the sharklets extension pack very close to the update.

.... just to also spread some optimism into this thread once in a while. :) 

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
20 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Or.... since without the need for a hotfix initially the v5 update could very well be out by now, all this delay and HF2 mess gave them the time to finalise the sharklets behind the scenes and we‘ll see the sharklets extension pack very close to the update.

.... just to also spread some optimism into this thread once in a while. :) 

ultimatly who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Ramon De Valencia
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

Or.... since without the need for a hotfix initially the v5 update could very well be out by now, all this delay and HF2 mess gave them the time to finalise the sharklets behind the scenes and we‘ll see the sharklets extension pack very close to the update.

.... just to also spread some optimism into this thread once in a while. :) 

After being around for some time if there is something I have learned in this forum is not to set any expectations to avoid being disappointed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Stu Antonio
2 minutes ago, Ramon De Valencia said:

After being around for some time if there is something I have learned in this forum is not to set any expectations to avoid being disappointed.

 

Just to be clear, I wasn't setting any expectations (at least not for myself) but half-ironically posting a mildly more optimistic view on things, in contrast to those "it will take until the end of the year until we get the sharklets"-posts. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Ramon De Valencia
15 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Just to be clear, I wasn't setting any expectations (at least not for myself) but half-ironically posting a mildly more optimistic view on things, in contrast to those "it will take until the end of the year until we get the sharklets"-posts. ;)

I have a really bad memory, but I´ll try to save this post somewhere and discuss it at end of the year....

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford
3 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Or.... since without the need for a hotfix initially the v5 update could very well be out by now, all this delay and HF2 mess gave them the time to finalise the sharklets behind the scenes and we‘ll see the sharklets extension pack very close to the update.

.... just to also spread some optimism into this thread once in a while. :) 

God let this be true.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Edwin Mayer

i had the feeling i will MSFS before getting FsLabs Bus in P3D v5.

Since thursday this became reality ;-)

 

I still hope that the best A320 will be available soon, even though i am a bit scared to fire up P3D now...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Patrick Hildebrand

It is a little bit boring without a hype. But there is nothing to hype on actually.. maybe the next weeks

Share this post


Link to post
Eric Fisher

I firmly believe LM is finding getting HF2 out the door is proving more difficult. I think we are about 4 weeks into the "couple of weeks" to release mentioned prior. Me thinks more like a couple of months. Soon FSL should seriously consider making an install for users of v4.5 if this continues to drag on and on.

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
11 minutes ago, Eric Fisher said:

I firmly believe LM is finding getting HF2 out the door is proving more difficult. I think we are about 4 weeks into the "couple of weeks" to release mentioned prior. Me thinks more like a couple of months. Soon FSL should seriously consider making an install for users of v4.5 if this continues to drag on and on.

They have found an issue related to amd cards. Which might be one of the things holding release back.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford

FSL if hotifx 2 s going to take months then maybe it is for the best you release the v4 portion update before then. I just don't think it's fair to your customers (who by the way, a majority is still staying or have v4 still installed) to have an update that is ready but just to have it held back for weeks or even months because of a mess up on LMs part. Now yes this has given you some time to fix some issues related to the update but this is starting to get ridiculous.

There is no indication from Lockheed Martin or anywhere that HF2 is remotely close, again this could take weeks or even months thus holding us v4 users back. What I don't understand is why would HF2 be holding your project back? that it is not possible to fix issues with the update for v4 without it? You guys were making products for v4 and FSX way before there was a v5, you don't need a v5 upgrade to fix v4. You guys have two updates one for v4 and one for v5, the v5 portion is still held back but if the v4 portion is ready just release that in the meantime so we can enjoy it for the coming months before HF2.

Again before v5 all your customers came from v4 and even v3 and FSX, plus given the circus that v5 is in right now with CTDs and other issues especially with VRAM it is for the best to put v5 on the side for now and focus on a simulator that is actually stable and proven. A simulator that won't take us back to the dark ages of OOMs with 32-bit, a simulator where you don't have to spend every waking minute wondering when the next OOM / CTD issue will occur. Now CTDs still do occur with v4 from time to time and no sim is perfect but at the very least you didn't have to worry about OOMs I think it's ridiculous that in 2020 we still have to worry about stuff like this, 2010? probably becase coding and software back then was not as advanced as now. 

I think it would be fair to us customers if Lefteris or someone from FSL could make an official announcement regarding the status of the project, this would only take a few minutes or however long it takes to make this. By doing this it will allow us customers to see what is going on and would help to get the confusion sorted out. But most importantly it would help to set our expectations to be updated. Obviously the "few weeks" announcement back in April is not going to happen, and that in itself is what generated a lot of hype of course before v5 was in the picture.

Were it not for v5 the update could have possibly been out by now or even earlier, again I just don't think it's fair on us to be held back for a sim that was clearly rushed (and poorly optimized in terms of VRAM for the majority of users).

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Share this post


Link to post
Lefteris Kalamaras

Marc-

my official statement still stands as before - no change to what I had to say and I am not sure where you're getting any indications that HF2 is going to take months. We cannot elaborate on the topic for various obvious reasons - perhaps you could enlighten us?

  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Timm Rehberg

163437_big.jpg

The watermark belongs to the livery?! ;):D 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford

Hello Lefteris

First of all thank you for responding to my post, it's much appreciated. The confusion (at least on my part) is that there is two portions of the update. V4 and V5, obviously V5 is being held back but I was wondering if V4 is being held back too. But the thing is that the V4 portion does not need V5 to fix it since it's a different simulator.

Is the update split into two parts for the different simulator? or is it one part? If it's one part then that explains why it's being delayed due to v5 since it's a merged update. Can you clarify this?

If it's a split update with two parts I don't know why you guys are holding back the v4 portion since it does not rely on v5 to operate.

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk
30 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Hello Lefteris

First of all thank you for responding to my post, it's much appreciated. The confusion (at least on my part) is that there is two portions of the update. V4 and V5, obviously V5 is being held back but I was wondering if V4 is being held back too. But the thing is that the V4 portion does not need V5 to fix it since it's a different simulator.

Is the update split into two parts for the different simulator? or is it one part? If it's one part then that explains why it's being delayed due to v5 since it's a merged update. Can you clarify this?

If it's a split update with two parts I don't know why you guys are holding back the v4 portion since it does not rely on v5 to operate.

They're most likely releasing both versions at the sametime since its easier for them. I don't know anything about software development but I'm pretty sure if issues occur they can fix them instead of having different versions on different simulators and making things more confusing. Having them both on the same wave benefits everyone.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Timm Rehberg

Held back.. held back. Guys, you really don´t have any other topics in life than just to wait for FSL to release a version for v5?
I have 11000hrs online just on vatsim - you can be sure I almost flew on a daily base but its a great time to step away a bit from flight sim to enjoy other parts such as the sun if she is out or to play other games.

FSL, PMDG, LM, ... will release everything WHEN its ready - no need to discuss these topics day by day... :(
We've had enough rushed releases the last weeks and months...

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford
Just now, David Norfolk said:

They're most likely releasing both versions at the sametime since its easier for them. I don't know anything about software development but I'm pretty sure if issues occur they can fix them instead of having different versions on different simulators and making things more confusing. Having them both on the same wave benefits everyone.

Ok I understand your point, I just hope we don't have to wait all summer before then. I'm sure we want to enjoy the update before the second wave of COVID hits (at least here in the US).

Share this post


Link to post
Angelo Kühberger

I fly every day the Maddog MD82 on P3D V5 with Orbx, ActiveSky, UTTraffic it works perfect. 

I have stable 40-50fps (but on V5 feels like 70-80fps) 

Only thing is i have 7.5-8.0gb vram :D 

But the GTX2080ti make it :P

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford
1 hour ago, Angelo Kühberger said:

I fly every day the Maddog MD82 on P3D V5 with Orbx, ActiveSky, UTTraffic it works perfect. 

I have stable 40-50fps (but on V5 feels like 70-80fps) 

Only thing is i have 7.5-8.0gb vram :D 

But the GTX2080ti make it :P

Is 8GB of VRAM enough for v5? that's what I have.

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
Just now, Marc Stanford said:

Is 8GB of VRAM enough for v5? that's what I have.

8gb is the minimum I would say and is also the value LM uses for the recommended requirements. 6gb is walking a fine line.

Share this post


Link to post
Eric Fisher
37 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Is 8GB of VRAM enough for v5? that's what I have.

8gb I think would be just enough to make you mad that you don't have more.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Danny Moore
Held back.. held back. Guys, you really don´t have any other topics in life than just to wait for FSL to release a version for v5?
I have 11000hrs online just on vatsim - you can be sure I almost flew on a daily base but its a great time to step away a bit from flight sim to enjoy other parts such as the sun if she is out or to play other games.
FSL, PMDG, LM, ... will release everything WHEN its ready - no need to discuss these topics day by day...
We've had enough rushed releases the last weeks and months...
 

Actually VATSIM shows 7711 online hours, Sorry, couldn’t help but look it up.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Markus Burkhard
1 hour ago, Marc Stanford said:

Is 8GB of VRAM enough for v5? that's what I have.

It really depends on what types of scenery you use and how well optimised those are. But basically, yes, 8GB is enough. As a reference, I place my A320 onto Sim-Wings EGLL with TrueSky enabled and ActiveSky in use, plus ORBX Global and OpenLC EU, all that with high settings in a 4K setup. And I use 4GB of VRAM. Let's say I'd add some AI aircraft or fly online with aircraft around, that figure then might rise to 4.5 GB VRAM used, still plenty available.

Now in contrast, if I place the A320 at the default airport, which was developed by ORBX, same settings as above, with OpenLC NA instead of EU, then I see a VRAM usage of 5.4GB. This tells me the default airport is not as well optimised for texture size usage compared to the Sim-Wings scenery. But still, plenty of VRAM left if you have 8GB.

So 8GB is fine really, I wouldn't worry.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
5 minutes ago, Markus Burkhard said:

It really depends on what types of scenery you use and how well optimised those are. But basically, yes, 8GB is enough. As a reference, I place my A320 onto Sim-Wings EGLL with TrueSky enabled and ActiveSky in use, plus ORBX Global and OpenLC EU, all that with high settings in a 4K setup. And I use 4GB of VRAM. Let's say I'd add some AI aircraft or fly online with aircraft around, that figure then might rise to 4.5 GB VRAM used, still plenty available.

Now in contrast, if I place the A320 at the default airport, which was developed by ORBX, same settings as above, with OpenLC NA instead of EU, then I see a VRAM usage of 5.4GB. This tells me the default airport is not as well optimised for texture size usage compared to the Sim-Wings scenery. But still, plenty of VRAM left if you have 8GB.

So 8GB is fine really, I wouldn't worry.

One difference the sim wings heathrow doesn’t feature pbr. But the default airport does.

Share this post


Link to post
Markus Burkhard
8 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

One difference the sim wings heathrow doesn’t feature pbr. But the default airport does.

I see, didn't think of that. But then again the default airport is far less complex with less buildings and equipment modelled. In any case, it shows that even hub airports are perfectly fine with 8GB of VRAM.

Share this post


Link to post
Ramon De Valencia
20 minutes ago, Markus Burkhard said:

It really depends on what types of scenery you use and how well optimised those are. But basically, yes, 8GB is enough. As a reference, I place my A320 onto Sim-Wings EGLL with TrueSky enabled and ActiveSky in use, plus ORBX Global and OpenLC EU, all that with high settings in a 4K setup. And I use 4GB of VRAM. Let's say I'd add some AI aircraft or fly online with aircraft around, that figure then might rise to 4.5 GB VRAM used, still plenty available.

Now in contrast, if I place the A320 at the default airport, which was developed by ORBX, same settings as above, with OpenLC NA instead of EU, then I see a VRAM usage of 5.4GB. This tells me the default airport is not as well optimised for texture size usage compared to the Sim-Wings scenery. But still, plenty of VRAM left if you have 8GB.

So 8GB is fine really, I wouldn't worry.

That means the A320 VRAM usage is really low!!! great to hear that.

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
17 minutes ago, Markus Burkhard said:

I see, didn't think of that. But then again the default airport is far less complex with less buildings and equipment modelled. In any case, it shows that even hub airports are perfectly fine with 8GB of VRAM.

I will agree with that.

14 minutes ago, Ramon De Valencia said:

That means the A320 VRAM usage is really low!!! great to hear that.

Yup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Craig Norman
1 hour ago, Ramon De Valencia said:

That means the A320 VRAM usage is really low!!! great to hear that.

8GB VRAM is more than plenty. I also have 8GB VRAM, and the A320/321 runs smoothly, even at scenery airports.

Share this post


Link to post
Brian McCumiskey
13 minutes ago, Craig Norman said:

8GB VRAM is more than plenty.

I respectfully disagree. I have an RTX 2070 with 8GB of VRAM and I run out quite a bit. Especially with cityscapes and/or flytampa. True earth is actually not as bad as I thought it would be as I purchased NorCal to practice my IRL VFR flying. It’s fine but once I get near SFO, boom. VRAM OOM. 

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford
2 minutes ago, Brian McCumiskey said:

I respectfully disagree. I have an RTX 2070 with 8GB of VRAM and I run out quite a bit. Especially with cityscapes and/or flytampa. True earth is actually not as bad as I thought it would be as I purchased NorCal to practice my IRL VFR flying. It’s fine but once I get near SFO, boom. VRAM OOM. 

This is exactly why I'm staying with v4, I don't want to have to go back to the dark ages worrying about OOMs every minute of a flight it completely ruins it. Until LM fixes it (which is gonna be a while) I'm staying with v4 for now. 4.5 HF2 is very stable for me.

The bus was almost unflyable for me in P3D 3.4 with the 32-bit but with v4 you don't have to worry about that anymore and the CTDs are way down now. Last time I had a "Prepar3D.exe stopped working" error message was in 2017.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Danny Moore
28 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

This is exactly why I'm staying with v4, I don't want to have to go back to the dark ages worrying about OOMs every minute of a flight it completely ruins it. Until LM fixes it (which is gonna be a while) I'm staying with v4 for now. 4.5 HF2 is very stable for me.

I agree. I've been running 4.5 HF2 since release and haven't had a single CTD and my sim is loaded down with aircraft and scenery. 4.5 HF2 is probably the best version to release as far as stability goes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...