David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

Tim Nitz

The first picture looks like a hate crime. :lol:

Ben Paine

I challenge those of you who only haven't upgraded to V5 because the bus isn't ready to broaden your horizons. I just discovered how awesome the Majestic Q400 and Maddog X are, especially with the Honeycomb yoke. Yes, the bus is still the best out there but there's no harm in trying something else out. V5 with Enhanced Atmospherics is a game changer and once they get the bugs sorted out it's gonna be a hell of a sim. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

John Barnes
6 hours ago, Ben Paine said:

it's gonna be a hell of a sim. 

Currently just hell so it's halfway there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

Tõnis Aal
On 6/6/2020 at 5:08 PM, David Norfolk said:

Damm Andy's moved up the ranks quickly. @Andrew Wilson how did you do it?

Screenshot_20200606-150808_Google.jpg

• Haha 2

David Norfolk
9 hours ago, Ben Paine said:

I challenge those of you who only haven't upgraded to V5 because the bus isn't ready to broaden your horizons. I just discovered how awesome the Majestic Q400 and Maddog X are, especially with the Honeycomb yoke. Yes, the bus is still the best out there but there's no harm in trying something else out. V5 with Enhanced Atmospherics is a game changer and once they get the bugs sorted out it's gonna be a hell of a sim. 

I had V5 then went back to v4. V5 has so much potential but I can't be bothered dealing with worrying about my vram. I had to deal with that rubbish back in fsx days with the whole 32bit thing. That's just my opinion though. V4 does well for me at the moment & hopefully V5 can improve overtime

• Thanks 1

Robert Sutherland
15 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

I had V5 then went back to v4. V5 has so much potential but I can't be bothered dealing with worrying about my vram. I had to deal with that rubbish back in fsx days with the whole 32bit thing. That's just my opinion though. V4 does well for me at the moment & hopefully V5 can improve overtime

I committed fully to v5 last week, after a couple of weeks of near-faultless use. I still have v4.5 installed but I intend to uninstall it as soon as the next hotfix is released. 

As I think I mentioned earlier in this thread, I think some of the problems with v5 are down to Lockheed Martin changing how the settings work and what they mean, without explaining that they've changed. So people go from v4 into v5, keep all the settings the same, and find that the sim crashes.

It's caused confusion, as logically speaking you should be able to go from v4.5 to v5 without having to jump through numerous hoops just to be able to run the sim.

The sim in its current state is usable if you're willing to test settings to find that sweet spot, but I don't blame anyone for not wanting to do that, especially with this hotfix -- which could result in even more changes to how it all works -- on the horizon. 

Paolo Basta

David i know how it feels, i have given up i don't care anymore if HF2 comes out today.next month, next year i really don't care, i even stopped watching streams of the Fsl in V5 it just upstets you even more,there are more important things in life,

but what p**** me off is that they release something that can have potential in the future puts on hold everyone else and made life hell for devs im sure of it,

like i said if it wasn't for V5 we would be flying the sharks by now and that's a fact full stop.

• Thanks 1

San Lin

Now I don't care when HF2 will be released, or when FSL320 V5 version will be released, or even when I don't watch Blackbox  beta streams.

It's really uninteresting when I see Blackbox stream notification in my mailbox and I can't fly it.

I'm back to 4.5 now. The FSL here is stable and fun enough.I can enjoy the bus here,and stay away from complain.At least for now, I don't care at all when FSL will release V5 version or even when LM will release HF2.More important thing in life.

Last,TBH,if V5 did not come,We are flying sharklet now,enjoying the EFB and any other new thing the DEV team bring us.

• Like 2

Robert Sutherland

Sorry, but this stuff about flying sharklets by now and having the EFB is not true. These are still addons that are in active development, rather than just waiting for updates. Let's be reasonable here :) 

• Like 6

David Porrett

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I really don't umderstamd the level of emotion about these sharklets - they're wing tip fairings!

• Like 4

Koen Meier
9 minutes ago, David Porrett said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I really don't umderstamd the level of emotion about these sharklets - they're wing tip fairings!

It is all the things that come with the sharklets that people are interested in.

Steffen Schlakat

I‘m quite frustrated with v5 since nearly every flight ended up in a kernelbase CTD although v4 was running super stable on my rig. I even completely installed a vanilla windows but there’s something that keeps crashing. So I‘m looking forward for HF2 and if that doesn’t help I will return back to v4.5 and wait patiently for our beloved sharkies ❤️

• Like 1

Eamonn Jawhary
46 minutes ago, Steffen Schlakat said:

I‘m quite frustrated with v5 since nearly every flight ended up in a kernelbase CTD although v4 was running super stable on my rig. I even completely installed a vanilla windows but there’s something that keeps crashing. So I‘m looking forward for HF2 and if that doesn’t help I will return back to v4.5 and wait patiently for our beloved sharkies ❤️

I haven't seen that's crash in v5 since As p3d beta 2. Have you updated to the latest beta version, assuming your using as p3d. Also try deleting your shaders and your p3d.cfg and update your GPU driver.

The only crash I get now is a dxgi GPU crash cause by running out of vram. I turned down my settings and only get it occasionally now.

However, I'm with you. Looking forward to hf2.

Nils Grube
10 hours ago, Eamonn Jawhary said:

I haven't seen that's crash in v5 since As p3d beta 2. Have you updated to the latest beta version, assuming your using as p3d. Also try deleting your shaders and your p3d.cfg and update your GPU driver.

The only crash I get now is a dxgi GPU crash cause by running out of vram. I turned down my settings and only get it occasionally now.

However, I'm with you. Looking forward to hf2.

Yeah totally agree with you it’s runs like a dream on my system (i78700k GTX 1080 8 Vram 16GB RAM) 35 Airports installed 6 Addon Planes install plus Rex skyforce and Active Sky 30fps plus..... just my GPU is the new limit.... and that will be fixed with the 3090 or 3080ti what ever it will named. 
But as everyone I hope HF2 will even more improve things..... Hope it will not be a complete reinstall but I’m sure it will be necessary...... 

Angelo Kühberger

i‘m the only, i fly the V5 with the maddog md82 since weeks and i have 0 ctd or problems with the V5. 

I use Orbx, Active Sky, Envtext, MaddogX, FlightOne UT Traffic Live, GSX etc etc 

and this with extrem smooth 50-60fps 

and yes my VRam is by 6-7gb but my Asus 2080ti OC have no problem with it ? 

But the V5 run extrem good for me 

• Like 2

Stu Antonio
28 minutes ago, Angelo Kühberger said:

but my Asus 2080ti OC have no problem with it

yeah, don't blame LM, just get the 2nd most expensive graphics card available to date and you're good to go. it's so simple ... 

:D;):ph34r::D

• Thanks 1

Angelo Kühberger
7 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

yeah, don't blame LM, just get the 2nd most expensive graphics card available to date and you're good to go. it's so simple ... 

:D;):ph34r::D

no flex :D:D

Robert Sutherland

For anyone thinking this is just a delay caused by the wait for the second v5 hotfix, Andrew posted this in response to a request for information in the General forum.

Brian McCumiskey

Models and textures? Could this be partly for the paint kits?

Paolo Basta

LM must be under a lot of pressure right now especially with HF2 Milviz is another one waiting for HF2  good luck with that im sure the Devs are working around the clock to land this HF soon i hope :o  

• Haha 1

Stu Antonio
30 minutes ago, Paolo Basta said:

LM must be under a lot of pressure right now especially with HF2 Milviz is another one waiting for HF2  good luck with that im sure the Devs are working around the clock to land this HF soon i hope :o  

I'm sure they are working hard on their next hotfix, but I was always curious on how much they are really interested in, depending on or let them rush by other developers. I could be wrong, I just do not know, but it sounds unreasonable to me that a military defense contractor and multi billion dollar company let themselves put under pressure from another developer, who makes own money from only selling add ons for their product. Or do devs have to pay some sort of licensing fees to be allowed to develop add ons for P3D or something? 

Paolo Basta

Yeah interesting  to know, im sure devs pay some sort of fee towards add ons :blink:

Marvin Toepfer

They have developer licenences...;)

Alexander Luzajic
7 hours ago, Robert Sutherland said:

For anyone thinking this is just a delay caused by the wait for the second v5 hotfix, Andrew posted this in response to a request for information in the General forum.

"...Once our beta team have had an opportunity to test with v5 HF2..." I thought they have HF2 and they are testing it as well.....with HF2.....? 

• Like 1

Timm Rehberg

Just because some devs have access to the beta of P3D it doesn´t mean they are allowed to share it with their beta testers.
Its like always: We just have to wait - there are some great games out actually. Anyone in for Warzone? :lol:

• Like 2

Richard Nellyer

Something I don't quite underdstand. Above are 2 posts, one from somebody with a GTX 1080ti that is having VRAM crashes and one from somebody with a 2080ti that is not having having VRAM crashes. Both cards have 11Gb of VRAM the only difference between the memory is one is GDDR5 and the other GDDR6, this has zero impact on the VRAM capacity. Therefore either this VRAM issue is deeper than just pure VRAM capacity or people are trying to run incompatible/poorly optimised addons for P5D and that is causiong these crashes. I'm sitting on V4.5 here and to be honest don't have much interest in V5 as X-Plane 11 is fast becoming my sim of choice.

Markus Burkhard
2 hours ago, Richard Nellyer said:

or people are trying to run incompatible/poorly optimised addons for P5D and that is causiong these crashes.

This can indeed be an issue. Not all sceneries are optimised for low texture size usage. We can observe massive differences between various airports from different developers but with similar size/detail. And of course graphics settings within P3D can also have an impact on VRAM usage. Normally one should not see VRAM crashes with 11GB cards, so those cases must be pretty extreme. 

• Like 1

Eric Fisher
5 hours ago, Alexander Luzajic said:

"...Once our beta team have had an opportunity to test with v5 HF2..." I thought they have HF2 and they are testing it as well.....with HF2.....? 

Yep, glad I'm not the only one who caught that tidbit. Even after HF2 drops, I fully expect another 1 to 2 weeks of beta testing how HF2 works.

Atul Mishra
15 hours ago, Angelo Kühberger said:

i‘m the only, i fly the V5 with the maddog md82 since weeks and i have 0 ctd or problems with the V5. 

I use Orbx, Active Sky, Envtext, MaddogX, FlightOne UT Traffic Live, GSX etc etc 

and this with extrem smooth 50-60fps 

and yes my VRam is by 6-7gb but my Asus 2080ti OC have no problem with it ? 

But the V5 run extrem good for me 

My VRAM usage stands at around 4GB most of the times, even at Fly Tampa YSSY which used to be the worst performing scenery in V4.X. I remember getting around high 20s to low 30s FPS there with all settings on mid (except radius of details to all the way up). Now, in V5, I get around 40 FPS stable with almost all of my settings set to "High" except the anti-aliasing and water (mid). Oh yes, that's with ORBX global, Active Sky, GSX Lvl2, etc. and the A330 or 747 (you know which ones). I'm quite keen on seeing what how would our beloved buses perform. And I'm only on 1080P monitor though, lol.

With regards to CTD, I had hell of a time at the beginning runs with V5 HF1. It would simply CTD the moment I would change time or aircraft or scenery. I did a few re-installs, changed the opening window directly into the sim with default F35 and scenery. And that kind of worked taking away the CTDs. With this, I've had one CTD so far during the past weeks. But, what's more annoying is that since ASP3D's last open beta update, it wouldn't inject weather into the sim. Always keeps asking me to install P3D connector etc.. and no matter how much I install, it keeps asking over and over again. We've got a long way till V5 gets stable with all addons I guess. But, its a beautiful sim. The only thing I hate about it right now is the all of a sudden "brightness" that happens time to time which makes the aircraft look like as if it was drawn on an A4 paper. Pure white! Maybe that's something to do with DX12. I don't know. But, all in all its a great sim for visuals and performance boost.

I7-8700K (not overclocked), 1080Ti (not overclocked), 16GB RAM.

Stu Antonio
3 hours ago, Atul Mishra said:

Always keeps asking me to install P3D connector etc.. and no matter how much I install, it keeps asking over and over again.

Had the same Problem. A quick look into the hifi forum showed that it is a common bug and it was suggested to uninstall active sky completely before installling the latest build. That worked for me, problem solved. 

Atul Mishra
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

Had the same Problem. A quick look into the hifi forum showed that it is a common bug and it was suggested to uninstall active sky completely before installling the latest build. That worked for me, problem solved. 

Thanks man! I'll take a look tonight. :D

Edwin Mayer
13 hours ago, Richard Nellyer said:

Something I don't quite underdstand. Above are 2 posts, one from somebody with a GTX 1080ti that is having VRAM crashes and one from somebody with a 2080ti that is not having having VRAM crashes. Both cards have 11Gb of VRAM the only difference between the memory is one is GDDR5 and the other GDDR6, this has zero impact on the VRAM capacity. Therefore either this VRAM issue is deeper than just pure VRAM capacity or people are trying to run incompatible/poorly optimised addons for P5D and that is causiong these crashes. I'm sitting on V4.5 here and to be honest don't have much interest in V5 as X-Plane 11 is fast becoming my sim of choice.

or, more likely, they are running different settings.

You can overflow the biggst VRAM by setting maximum resolution on everything with highest details.

Sone addons have GIGs of Texture to be loaded, if you let it, as with v4 they were not loaded directly to VRAM this was no problem but gave us Stutters and Pauses.

With V5 we got DX12, that improved performace significantly by loading directly to VRAM but therfor is limited to the amount of Data it can handle at a time.

Setings are way more important, event with a monster PC, when on v5.

• Like 2

Alexander Luzajic
19 hours ago, Eric Fisher said:

Yep, glad I'm not the only one who caught that tidbit. Even after HF2 drops, I fully expect another 1 to 2 weeks of beta testing how HF2 works.

After all....as far as I can see HF2 is  not that close.... so we might hold our breath....

Alexander Luzajic

What....! 22 HRS and nobody said a word....? C'mon people wake up......!:P

Paolo Basta

I have given up, i doubt it will come this year, it needs more than a HF to fix and test lots of bugs :(

Marvin Toepfer
3 minutes ago, Paolo Basta said:

I have given up, i doubt it will come this year, it needs more than a HF to fix and test lots of bugs :(

Sick of those postings....really!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Paolo Basta

Well what do you want me to say :rolleyes:

Alexander Sigg
2 minutes ago, Paolo Basta said:

sometimes its just better to say nothing. Like we all do right now. Just wait and see. 

• Like 2

Marvin Toepfer
2 minutes ago, Paolo Basta said:

Just that I am sick of those kind of statements ;) "i doubt it will come this year"....or "it needs more than a HF to fix and test..." are just rumors and speculations. Those statements are absolutely nonsense

• Like 4

Brian McCumiskey

Just in my opinion, I think we need to think more optimistic. We're all in a bad pandemic, and in some countries, bad economic times. Lockheed Martin will fix this stuff. 

Paolo Basta

My apologies then, im just forwarding based on what others are saying on different sites , i will say nothing no more :D

Marvin Toepfer
3 minutes ago, Paolo Basta said:

My apologies then, im just forwarding based on what others are saying on different sites , i will say nothing no more :D

The thing is, no one has a clue. People in many forums are spreading rumors and are making people even more crazy. I am sure, LM and all developers want the HF as much as we want it. And I am very happy that FSL is testing the products in such a way that the release is a stable one.

Alexander Luzajic

There you go guys.....that's the spirit.....

Marc Fuolega

The idea that it’ll take until next year is just absurd.