David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

Paolo Basta

The thing is that V4 is great but V5 is better, it's the human mentality we always want more, better ,fast, and quick, but in a way it looks like LM has released an unfinished product was it to keep MSFS 2020 at bay was it COVID-19 maybe make the most of it, but we all have a say coz we have spent the money yesterday and not knowing what will happen tomorrow, i bought V5 the day it came out and still haven't installed it or used it and that kind of **** me off so matbe we should of just stuck with V4 ciao.

• Like 1

Marc Fuolega
16 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Only thing that is pretty „nuts“ imo is how some people discarded v4 and jumped on v5 the minute it was released. :D 

I didn't realistically expect P3D5 to be THAT buggy even six weeks in. Plus: No matter how buggy it is, I have no desire to go back to 4 becaus 5 is just that much better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Robert Sutherland
33 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Only thing that is pretty „nuts“ imo is how some people discarded v4 and jumped on v5 the minute it was released. :D 

Even by LM's standards, where we've seen a few quick fixes released after new versions,  the issues encountered with v5 of P3D are far beyond typical.

I've never seen P3D released as a 'hotfix' which requires a full download and reinstall just a week after the original was released, for starters.  

• Like 1

Stu Antonio
22 minutes ago, Marc Fuolega said:

I didn't realistically expect P3D5 to be THAT buggy even six weeks in. Plus: No matter how buggy it is, I have no desire to go back to 4 becaus 5 is just that much better.

I can understand that. 

San Lin

I have brought v4.5 back to my PC

Matthew Ashman

I haven't touched V4.5 for just over a month now, I switched when I upgraded my GPU and apart from the 'wall' glitch prior to HF1 I have had no major issues (touch wood) with V5, so far, it's been a nice step up for me.

• Like 5

Paolo Basta

Good for you Matt, but no Fsl in V5 no party :D

Stu Antonio

Seems that easyjet has it's own sharklet-hype going.... :D
(official A319-seatmap header)

image.png.d84d7dc56abe0fff2c171547e173613e.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Bob Zolto

Didn't discard v4.5, but v5 runs pretty well on a less-than-optimal machine.  Have used the v5 747 with only a few stutters that can be fixed with tweaking.  I think some people are trying to force v4 products into v5 (it can be done) and then complain about bugs when the stuff doesn't work as well as it does in the version it was designed for.

Tõnis Aal

While we wait for the Sharklets and all the other goodies - a friend of mine made a pretty awesome video about A321 maintenance procedures. It’s premiering on Youtube in about 30 minutes.

Video:  A321 Insider Look

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Antti Salo
2 hours ago, Tõnis Aal said:

While we wait for the Sharklets and all the other goodies - a friend of mine made a pretty awesome video about A321 maintenance procedures. It’s premiering on Youtube in about 30 minutes.

Interesting watch, thanks! Do you know the story of these airframes? Why would an MRO have their own aircraft? I would understand if it was just for part-out, but why the registration?

Danny Moore

What sucks for those of us still on P3Dv4.5 is we’re on hold for v5HF2 because developers don’t want to push out separate updates for each version. Sure we can fly the Labs but we don’t get the updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Nathan Stringer
13 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

What sucks for those of us still on P3Dv4.5 is we’re on hold for v5HF2 because developers don’t want to push out separate updates for each version. Sure we can fly the Labs but we don’t get the updates.

you've clearly missed them saying that they also have to make the updates work in 4.5 aswell. There is still bugs in 4.5

Marc Fuolega
14 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

I’m heartbroken you get to fly a product that’s perfectly fine. 

• Like 1

Marc Stanford
2 minutes ago, Nathan Stringer said:

you've clearly missed them saying that they also have to make the updates work in 4.5 aswell. There is still bugs in 4.5

IF that's the case then the wait for HF2 should hopefully give the team enough time to make sure they are both ready for release once HF2 rolls out. In a way it's like a blessing hidden in plain sight.

Paolo Basta

But no one knows when HF2 will be out it could take weeks or months.

Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Paolo Basta said:

Tbh if t takes months we might be looking at v5.1 honestly.

Paolo Basta

Agree, i don't think several  Hot Fixes  will solve these  problems. 

Paolo Basta

I am pretty sure Devs have access to HF2  to test their products otherwise we are in big trouble :(

Danny Moore
8 minutes ago, Paolo Basta said:

Agree, i don't think several  Hot Fixes  will solve these  problems. 

I agree. I don't think that HF2 will be that magical fix. That's what everyone was hoping for the fist patch and HF1. I've seen numerous posting the last week of die hard v5 fans finally toss in the towel and return to 4.5. They just got tired of all the bugs and CTD's. 

Paolo Basta

The thing is it's to late to get a refund now :angry: in the mean time they are investing in our money. 

Alexander Luzajic
35 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

IF that's the case then the wait for HF2 should hopefully give the team enough time to make sure they are both ready for release once HF2 rolls out. In a way it's like a blessing hidden in plain sight.

But as it appears that's not going to be any time soon......All fleet grounded and one way or another we got caught in the middle....

Alexander Luzajic
15 minutes ago, Paolo Basta said:

The thing is it's to late to get a refund now :angry: in the mean time they are investing in our money. 

I am not going to regret spending $$, just nothing to fly...plus I can't use 4.5....no nerves to fix it again....I'll do some scenery flights.....

• Like 1

David Porrett
9 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

I got DCS World and have spent a lot of time learning to land a Hornet on an aircraft carrier.

Marvin Toepfer
1 hour ago, Paolo Basta said:

A refund makes sense if you have no more plans to fly in v5 ever again and not just because there is no FSLabs (yet!). You already have v4, so go and enjoy some flights there. It's pretty easy :)
This thread was made for fun, hyping a product instead of wining and complaining. But thats mostly I can read on many of the last pages here. We are ALL waiting for the HF, also FSLabs is waiting or other developers. And yes, the release of v5 was rushed...but it is how it is now. We've lost nothing...we all have v4, we all have the FSLabs and its working absolutely fine and it's such a lovely plane. The whole FSLabs team worked so hard all those years for all that we have now but the thread feels now like putting pressure on FSLabs because what we have is not enough or not good enough until the HF for v5 is there. I guess that over 50% still haven't explored all the great features or at least are not able to see how realistically the thing  (already!) is modelled. Has ever one of you checked for example how realistically FSLabs modeled the engine startup time? Or how long it takes until the fuel kicks in? Differenced between CFM and IAE?
And when there is AGAIN the question why there is no release only for v4...I just wanna knock my head on the table. Guys..I know we are all a bit frustrated about the v5 release but let's stop complaining here over and over again with the same stuff. 
Just be happy, stay safe and enjoy what you have.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Marc Stanford
33 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

A refund makes sense if you have no more plans to fly in v5 ever again and not just because there is no FSLabs (yet!). You already have v4, so go and enjoy some flights there. It's pretty easy :)
This thread was made for fun, hyping a product instead of wining and complaining. But thats mostly I can read on many of the last pages here. We are ALL waiting for the HF, also FSLabs is waiting or other developers. And yes, the release of v5 was rushed...but it is how it is now. We've lost nothing...we all have v4, we all have the FSLabs and its working absolutely fine and it's such a lovely plane. The whole FSLabs team worked so hard all those years for all that we have now but the thread feels now like putting pressure on FSLabs because what we have is not enough or not good enough until the HF for v5 is there. I guess that over 50% still haven't explored all the great features or at least are not able to see how realistically the thing  (already!) is modelled. Has ever one of you checked for example how realistically FSLabs modeled the engine startup time? Or how long it takes until the fuel kicks in? Differenced between CFM and IAE?
And when there is AGAIN the question why there is no release only for v4...I just wanna knock my head on the table. Guys..I know we are all a bit frustrated about the v5 release but let's stop complaining here over and over again with the same stuff. 
Just be happy, stay safe and enjoy what you have.

Yep the IAE takes longer than the CFM to start up, it makes the CFM start like a Cessna ^_^

Tõnis Aal
15 hours ago, Antti Salo said:

Interesting watch, thanks! Do you know the story of these airframes? Why would an MRO have their own aircraft? I would understand if it was just for part-out, but why the registration?

Basically for the purpose of selling them. I can't go into the details more than that sadly.

David Norfolk

Damm Andy's moved up the ranks quickly. @Andrew Wilson how did you do it?

Screenshot_20200606-150808_Google.jpg

• Haha 9

Robert Sutherland
16 hours ago, Danny Moore said:

This feels like Groundhog Day. You’re complaining about something that FSLabs haven’t actually said. Lefteris said that it was a case of bug fixing and the v5 hotfix delay. Not one or the other but both. 

Besides, you have a fully functioning A320, A319 and A321 in v4.5, which is more than can be said for anyone that’s made the move to v5 already. 

Robert Sutherland
16 hours ago, Paolo Basta said:

It’s more likely to be weeks given the timeframe offered by the developers. 

Eric Fisher
On 6/5/2020 at 9:10 AM, David Norfolk said:

It is pretty nuts how one HF can holt everything 

Especially for those of us on v4.5. 

Timm Rehberg

AW for EA :D 
Now we will see some awesome ingame packs to buy or a iPad in special colors, etc. :D Incredible!

Are we in for some loots?!

Alexander Luzajic
1 hour ago, Eric Fisher said:

Especially for those of us on v4.5. 

According to Rob @AVSIM update is around the corner....he didn't mentioned which corner BTW

• Haha 2

Stu Antonio
22 minutes ago, Alexander Luzajic said:

....he didn't mentioned which corner BTW

Hope he at least mentioned which update :D

Alexander Luzajic

I am afraid will get MSFS launch before HF2.....

Danny Moore
22 hours ago, Nathan Stringer said:

You have a link? From the FSLabs announcement they mentioned "Most of that effort revolves around the change from DX11 to DX12". I also get that there are a few bugs to be worked out for 4.5 so if you would point me to the link or quote I would appreciate it seeing I clearly missed it.

Stu Antonio
On 5/26/2020 at 11:37 AM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Hi guys-

just a small note to say that we're fixing some issues we found while testing the release - nothing too major but it might take a little bit more time to do. That, in combination with the upcoming P3Dv5 HF2 which we feel will fix a couple other very important shortcomings, is delaying our release.

Just wanted you guys to know, so you don't expect the release to drop within the next couple of days at least.

Danny Moore
6 hours ago, Robert Sutherland said:

This feels like Groundhog Day. You’re complaining about something that FSLabs haven’t actually said. Lefteris said that it was a case of bug fixing and the v5 hotfix delay. Not one or the other but both. 

Besides, you have a fully functioning A320, A319 and A321 in v4.5, which is more than can be said for anyone that’s made the move to v5 already. 

I should have purchased lottery tickets because I knew you would respond. They did say they are waiting on HF2 to release "in combination with the upcoming P3Dv5 HF2 which we feel will fix a couple other very important shortcomings, is delaying our release". So my statement about 4.5 users having to wait is correct. 

Marvin Toepfer
On 6/3/2020 at 11:13 AM, Andrew Wilson said:

It's not ready.

Page 43 in this thread....there is the statement.

Robert Sutherland

I just hope HF2 comes next week as I don’t think I can put up with more of this complaining!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Marc Stanford
16 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

I just hope HF2 comes next week as I don’t think I can put up with more of this complaining!

I'm with you on that.

David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Robert Sutherland said:

Looool

• Like 1

duartevieira
1 hour ago, Robert Sutherland said:

You keep feeding the discussion and thenyou complaining about it make your mind up there’s a solution for it like many others do just keep scrolling down or find something else to do instead of being in the forum all day 

• Like 7

Matthew Ashman

Throwing this thread back on topic, here's some pictures of what I think is some early concepts of the sharklets.

7L6ygMILVY.thumb.png.c528264ffe9a93826728b9286df129ab.png

NYTMa3Ve6b.thumb.png.289fee429e26b99ff0c6d15158d55814.png

• Like 7

Koen Meier

The first one looks more like the a330/340 wing tips and the second one looks a lot closer to the final version.