David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

Brian McCumiskey
17 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

It is correct but I mean that the EFB is in the cockpit, it is a BETA screenshot like the one shown in the Lefteris update I want to share the image but I do not want to break any NDA

Load into the fslabs a321, then without exiting the sim, reload aircraft to the 319 and you’ll see the physical efb in the cockpit, but not operational. It will be off

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Steven Silva
13 minutes ago, Brian McCumiskey said:

Cargue en el fslabs a321, luego, sin salir del sim, vuelva a cargar el avión al 319 y verá el efb físico en la cabina, pero no operativo. Estara apagado

it's true I did that and it appeared hahaha and some trick to make the sharklets appear :ph34r:

Koen Meier
8 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

it's true I did that and it appeared hahaha and some trick to make the sharklets appear :ph34r:

there arent textures for that included iirc.

Timm Rehberg
27 minutes ago, Brian McCumiskey said:

Load into the fslabs a321, then without exiting the sim, reload aircraft to the 319 and you’ll see the physical efb in the cockpit, but not operational. It will be off

Did you try to plug it for recharge? Maybe its empty :ph34r:
By all FSL has done, I would guess that this could be a feature :D Together with bugs etc it saves the load of the battery :lol:

@Andrew Wilson have you ever coded a iPad battery? :ph34r::D
And for people like me always forgetting charger cables at home, @Norman Blackburn could be called if he has his cable for recharge B)
Legend idea :D 

Koen Meier
41 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

It is correct but I mean that the EFB is in the cockpit, it is a BETA screenshot like the one shown in the Lefteris update I want to share the image but I do not want to break any NDA

We have seen it in screendhots in the april news update.

Paolo Basta

Great news, a step closer to release of HF2  and  the Fsl update hopefully :D

San Lin

‘Imminently’ means the HF2 will be released very very soon?

Edited by Norman Blackburn
removed quote

Koen Meier
Just now, San Lin said:

‘Imminently’ means the HF2 will be released very very soon?

it just means very soon according to the cambridge annd oxford english language dictionaries.

• Haha 2

Paolo Basta

According to my English Italian Dictionary it could also mean any time today :D:P

Brian McCumiskey

Nothing said "imminent". But still hopeful

removed quote

Koen Meier

could be a case of lost in translation

removed quote
  • Like 1

David Norfolk

I mean I believe it was due out this week anyway. Heres hopefully it being a much better & stable sim

• Like 2

Tristan Leski

Well FSL is now the last major company still having no compatibility with v5. The major competitor has released its compatibility with V5 today and does not seem to be dependent on the HF2. 

No judgment, just a fact.

• Like 2

Kristoffer Rivedal

But they are not the only one waiting for HF2. That's also a fact.

I.fi.kra.tis.Ka.me.ni.dis
2 minutes ago, Tristan Leski said:

The major competitor has released its compatibility with V5 today and does not seem to be dependent on the HF2. 

Can you name who is the major competitor?

Brian McCumiskey
1 minute ago, Tristan Leski said:

does not seem to be dependent on the HF2. 

You should read the announcement again focusing on the last part. There are now other developers waiting for hotfix 2. Just wait dude, the time will come :) 

Robert Sutherland
12 minutes ago, Tristan Leski said:

Well FSL is now the last major company still having no compatibility with v5. The major competitor has released its compatibility with V5 today and does not seem to be dependent on the HF2. 

No judgment, just a fact.

A fact with a pinch of selective truth. 

PMDG have released the 747. They have however admitted that the 737 is being held up by the HF2 release. You can't really compare FSLabs in that regard as the A320 is the core product; any delays to that mean knock-on delays to the A319 and A321. 

Tristan Leski
14 minutes ago, I.fi.kra.tis.Ka.me.ni.dis said:

Can you name who is the major competitor?

The company that starts with an "A" and ends with "erosoft".

3 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

A fact with a pinch of selective truth. 

PMDG have released the 747. They have however admitted that the 737 is being held up by the HF2 release. You can't really compare FSLabs in that regard as the A320 is the core product; any delays to that mean knock-on delays to the A319 and A321. 

I was not talking about PMDG regarding the major competitor. I am already flying PMDG's 737 NGX (not the new NGXu) times to times and it works like a charm in v5, no major update needed. I was more thinking about AS which made all its Airbus fleet compatible now. I may have missed Majestic's Q400 v5 release that is still pending, but I don't know if the company size is comparable to FSL ?

Robert Sutherland
Just now, Tristan Leski said:

The company that starts with an "A" and ends with "erosoft".

I was not talking about PMDG regarding the major competitor. I am already flying PMDG's 737 NGX (not the new NGXu) times to times and it works like a charm in v5, no major update needed. I was more thinking about AS which made all its Airbus fleet compatible now. I may have missed Majestic's Q400 v5 release that is still pending, but I don't know if the company size is comparable to FSL ?

You said FSLabs were the only ones not to release a compatibility update for v5...   

29 minutes ago, Tristan Leski said:

Well FSL is now the last major company still having no compatibility with v5...

That is only the case if you're selective about specific products. As I said, PMDG's NGXu isn't yet compatible because of the wait for the next P3D hotfix. You might be able to get v4 products to work in v5 without compatibility updates from the developers -- but that's different from suggesting they've released a v5 product.

This also isn't a race to see who has products out first. The likelihood is that, judging by what other developers have said, those addons currently compatible with v5 will need updates to work with HF2 when it's released. 

• Like 1

Marc Fuolega

I just wish that hotfix would drop already. 

Timm Rehberg
1 hour ago, Marc Fuolega said:

I just wish that hotfix would drop already. 

Please give them time for now, a hopefully last hotfix ;) 
We've had enough rushed releases now..

Marc Fuolega
3 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Please give them time for now, a hopefully last hotfix ;) 
We've had enough rushed releases now..

Of course I want them to get it right. That doesn’t change the fact that I hope that getting it right doesn’t take a long time. ;)

Marc Stanford

One thing I never understood is why FSL didn't include all the features of the FMGS? ETA, STEP ALTS, RTA, etc are missing. It makes no sense because why make a study level sim but leave out features of the FMS. Another developer has a family of study-level addons and their FMS software comes with all the features.

Just want to know why

NilsUnger
1 hour ago, Marc Stanford said:

One thing I never understood is why FSL didn't include all the features of the FMGS? ETA, STEP ALTS, RTA, etc are missing. It makes no sense because why make a study level sim but leave out features of the FMS. Another developer has a family of study-level addons and their FMS software comes with all the features.

Just want to know why

You mean the developer that doesn't support rf legs or where the rudder is tied to the tiller?

Well, I guess because it's not easy to do and because priority lies elsewhere.

But I also hope the features are coming. I agree that study level should mean feature complete. I am not sure though if FSLabs themselves call the A320X study level.

Felipe Widmano
8 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

Just want to know why

Ever tried flying an offset with the FSL? 

Spoiler alert: it won't work. You can add that to the list.

There's an extensive thread on here by a Russian pilot (I think) pointing out inaccuracies and deficiencies of the FMGC simulation, interesting read! It's in here in the general discussion section iirc, should be easy to find with some research.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lefteris Kalamaras
1 hour ago, Felipe Widmano said:

Ever tried flying an offset with the FSL? 

Spoiler alert: it won't work. You can add that to the list.

There's an extensive thread on here by a Russian pilot (I think) pointing out inaccuracies and deficiencies of the FMGC simulation, interesting read! It's in here in the general discussion section iirc, should be easy to find with some research.

Felipe,

Your posts are adding nothing of value to the conversation and appear to be there for the sake of arguing alone. You have made your point before, repetition adds nothing really, does it?

If you find it difficult to keep a positive attitude, I invite you to go outside in this beautiful summer weather, enjoy the sunshine and let it warm your feelings - it does wonders for when I am feeling less than fantastic, I tell you.

So - for the sake of the rest of the people involved in this mega-thread - consider this a second and final warning. Any further inflammatory posts or posts that don't really add to a positive attitude and nature will be removed without warning and/or further actions will be taken.

Thanks for listening.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 9
  • Haha 1

Robert Sutherland
11 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

Just want to know why

It's on the roadmap. It'll come. It would be nice to have it now but the fact that it isn't doesn't really impact on the overall use the plane in the sim.

As to the question why it hasn't been included, perhaps because doing so requires a significant update to the core A320 product, upon which the A319 and A321 rely. Meaning that, were they to implement those, you'd see a further delay in the release of those sharklets you were obsessing over just a week or so ago. 

James Walker

I wish people would stop throwing the term 'study level' around - it creates an expectation that doesn't often match reality and frankly it doesn't mean anything. IIRC it was a term frooglesim started banding around when he was trying to help PMDG sell the NGX..

How about instead we talk objectively about the fidelity level of the systems, accuracy of the flight model, and quality of the visuals, rather than a deeply subjective marketing term.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Karl Schaller

Back to the roots.

This thread is called "sharklet hype" So let's talk about this.

Why FSL cannot release a sharklet version for P3D v4. Within the new S8 features and all the other gimmicks Lefteris announces weeks ago?

Andrew Wilson
1 minute ago, Karl Schaller said:

Why FSL cannot release a sharklet version for P3D v4. Within the new S8 features and all the other gimmicks Lefteris announces weeks ago?

It's not ready.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Kamil Juvat
27 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

It's on the roadmap. It'll come. It would be nice to have it now but the fact that it isn't doesn't really impact on the overall use the plane in the sim.

As to the question why it hasn't been included, perhaps because doing so requires a significant update to the core A320 product, upon which the A319 and A321 rely. Meaning that, were they to implement those, you'd see a further delay in the release of those sharklets you were obsessing over just a week or so ago. 

It is or isn’t we can’t be sure.

Karl Schaller
1 minute ago, Andrew Wilson said:

It's not ready.

Ok, then close this thread, and everybody who wants to talk about P3D v5 shall open a new thread

Karl Schaller

meanwhile I will see whats another pulisher made...

Andrew Wilson
Just now, Karl Schaller said:

Ok, then close this thread, and everybody who wants to talk about P3D v5 shall open a new thread

Why? It's called the 'Sharklet Hype' thread - and the sharks are coming to v4 and v5. 

I can split your question and my answer into a separate thread if you wish?

Karl Schaller

no, I don't. But the discussion here are far, far away from the original theme ;)

John Barnes

And you just took it even further afield. Why on earth would you. Post other people's products on here? I just don't get some people.

• Like 1

Lefteris Kalamaras

Gents-

back on topic please. The sharklets hype. I, for one, had a lot of fun reading a bunch of conspiracy theories on those. :)

Anything else, I've instructed our mods to remove. Not constructive. (Unless of course, it's to discuss Heidi Klum's latest swimwear choices - but for those, open another topic somewhere that makes sense).

• Like 6

Karl Schaller

Yes, because nobody cares about the content of this thread

Edit: this was the answer to John Barnes post

And thank you Lefteris for your comment. That's what I want too. Back to topic!

Miguel Leandro
1 minute ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Gents-

back on topic please. The sharklets hype. I, for one, had a lot of fun reading a bunch of conspiracy theories on those. :)

Anything else, I've instructed our mods to remove. Not constructive. (Unless of course, it's to discuss Heidi Klum's latest swimwear choices - but for those, open another topic somewhere that makes sense).

Does she wear a sharklet fin?

Robert Sutherland
2 minutes ago, Kamil Juvat said:

It is or isn’t we can’t be sure.

Let's be a little fair here. 

In the time since FSLabs first released their product, we've seen them develop it for FSX, then update it for P3D, then for the 64bit version of P3D and now for v5 with the DX12 changes. Each time, the system upon which FSLabs relies has had significant changes being made. 

Bear in mind too that FSLabs may not have included certain features in FSX because that 32bit platform just wasn't capable of managing memory properly. 

Now, if the roadmap was as simple as A320 -> A319 -> A321 -> Sharklets, then it'd be simple enough to ask why, in between all of those development cycles, the missing features weren't added. But you have all these significant roadblocks that have come up during that time, with serious reworks needed to adjust to them. 

Development isn't linear. It's not like Lego bricks where you can just drop in new squares and they attach to each other easily -- you have to make sure those everything fits together and that new additions don't affect the integrity of the whole structure.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

John Barnes
4 minutes ago, Karl Schaller said:

Yes, because nobody cares about the content of this thread

Edit: this was the answer to John Barnes post

44 pages says your wrong.

Marc Ehnle

Lefteris, I won‘t discuss your taste... but there are much ho... euhm more interesting women around than HK :P

we could rename the thread to „happy hour“ xD something like that can only add to the mood in a support and/or community forum :D 

to not be totally pointless and off topic: sharklets *cough cough*

David Norfolk

This thread was made for abit of fun. It was just an idea to keep everyones mind off the whole release theories when lefteris annouced they were coming in the coming months back in January... I think. It was made for the purpose to discuss wishlists, ideas on things they could add to the sharks. Photos, videos etc etc. I don't know why theres so much off topic stuff. 

Patrick Hildebrand

So lets go back to topic...

what about my question about fuel and the SL pages ago. How do we have to specify the SL in simbrief ?

Robert Sutherland
1 hour ago, David Norfolk said:

This thread was made for abit of fun. It was just an idea to keep everyones mind off the whole release theories when lefteris annouced they were coming in the coming months back in January... I think. It was made for the purpose to discuss wishlists, ideas on things they could add to the sharks. Photos, videos etc etc. I don't know why theres so much off topic stuff. 

The World changed a lot in March and some of the off-topic stuff just reflects the fact that people have more time on their hands.

Anyway, here's a lovely A321 belonging to Vueling, with the lovely yellow winglet. 

Winglet.jpg

• Like 2