David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

Felipe Widmano
7 hours ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

Ok Felipe :D I am wrong, you are right...simple solution: uninstall the airbus, head over to another developer forum and stay healthy :)
Tipp is free of charge, you are welcome ;)

Nahh no way, this is just too much fun! 

I'm not saying the Airbus is bad - I'm just saying it just isn't as perfect as the fanboys claim it is. Fanboys who still couldn't come up with a single technical detail to back up their claim :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Marc Stanford
2 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

No, Marc - Lefteris made it perfectly clear in his update post this week that this is not the case.

We are resolving a small number of issues applicable to both platforms.

Ok Andrew, I hope FSL can fix those issues soon and see the new update.

• Thanks 1

Timm Rehberg

00031844_w.jpg

Can't wait for these pretty things! :wub:

438p9i.jpg
Lets kick off this day with a classic meme! :)

• Haha 2

Stu Antonio

All I‘m thinking of when I read about how „not perfect“ this imo great product aparently is to some people or how „concerned“ some are about features that are not implemented: Yesterday I „flew“ from MXP to OLB in my pyjamas with 2 beers, one „cuba libre“ and half a pizza on my desk while writing on my iPad..... oh and netflix was running. 
;)

Felipe Widmano
1 hour ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

feelings are starting to be hurt

I was genuinely only interested in strictly non-emotional, rational, comprehensible facts, thus expecting to understand how people got to their opinions. It's a flight sim forum...and at the end of the day it is *just* computer code we are talking about, numbers and letters on a screen, not real life. Call it a lack of empathy if you will, but I don't think it's wise to let this all affect one's feelings...

1 hour ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

claims need to be backed up

If we want discourse, which a forum is kind of the platform for, that is how it works...if one is to make a statement, it should be followed by an explanation and/or why he or she got to that statement. We don't just go around town claiming the sky is green, do we?

But since you're the host of this house...alright, Imma shut up. 

• Like 1

Lefteris Kalamaras
17 minutes ago, Felipe Widmano said:

I was genuinely only interested in strictly non-emotional, rational, comprehensible facts, thus expecting to understand how people got to their opinions. It's a flight sim forum...and at the end of the day it is *just* computer code we are talking about, numbers and letters on a screen, not real life. Call it a lack of empathy if you will, but I don't think it's wise to let this all affect one's feelings...

Felipe, you called people "fanboys". That's a derogatory, inflammatory, demeaning, insulting (shall I continue with the adjectives?) remark.

17 minutes ago, Felipe Widmano said:

But since you're the host of this house...alright, Imma shut up.

The point isn't to shut up, it's to be courteous, respectful, kind, polite and nice. If you can't be those, best course of action is to keep quiet. I'd prefer if you could be those things instead, however.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

David Norfolk

So erm....moving on, anyone has chicky nuggies since the reopening?

• Haha 8

Marc Stanford

Lefteris just to be clear you said the update will take a little longer because the team is squashing the bugs correct? Pertaining to your post a few days ago.

When it’s all done do you guys release or do you wait for the Hotfix? Or by the time you are done squashing them that’s when the new HF comes out?

Im just a bit confused on some parts.

Matthew Ashman
8 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Lefteris just to be clear you said the update will take a little longer because the team is squashing the bugs correct? Pertaining to your post a few days ago.

When it’s all done do you guys release or do you wait for the Hotfix? Or by the time you are done squashing them that’s when the new HF comes out?

Andy answered your question on the previous page in regards to why the update is taking longer, and like many people here who are itching for the update with all the fancy bells and whistles, patience is a virtue :P 

David Norfolk
14 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Its never fully done. They'll just use the time to fix stuff untill HF2 releases & beyond

Marc Stanford

So at this point is it safe to assume the update won’t come until after HF2?

David Norfolk
8 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

I don't know, I don't work for them 

J0hannes Butz
11 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Nothing's ever safe but you can most probably assume from his last post that the next version of the A32X will be version locked to HF2 (and of course v4 HF3)

Marc Stanford

I really hope FSL doesn’t version lock the v4 update to HF3. I’m on HF2 and it’s very stable right now and I don’t want to break my sim or update to cause more issues. I don’t see why they would though but hopefully we will find out in June.

In the mean time I’m having fun flying the A321-211 around with the new ORBX Africa land class.

I know the range for the Sharklets is around 3,300 NM but is that factoring in the ACTs?

Also does anyone know the range for the A321 fences?

Alex Maidment

Love not reading the forums for a few days and coming back to a total collapse of sanity -_-

Guess lockdown is getting to some...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Robert Sutherland
45 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Marc, for your sake, read Lefteris's post again. It's quite clear. Here it is:  

On 5/26/2020 at 10:37 AM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Hi guys-

just a small note to say that we're fixing some issues we found while testing the release - nothing too major but it might take a little bit more time to do. That, in combination with the upcoming P3Dv5 HF2 which we feel will fix a couple other very important shortcomings, is delaying our release.

Just wanted you guys to know, so you don't expect the release to drop within the next couple of days at least.

'That, in combination with the upcoming P3Dv5 HF2...' 

So yes. It is safe to assume. 

• Like 1

Daniel Reber
2 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

00031844_w.jpg

Can't wait for these pretty things! :wub:

If you also refer to the livery, then I hope for both of us that one of the talented painters out there will make it possible to fly with these extremely much more beautiful sharklets than the ones with different paint on it... (Unfortunately I think it´ll take quite some time till we can fly around with these specific ones. I do of course hope that it won´t though)

Steven Silva

I don't intend FSL to do this, but I would like them to bring out the update and the sharklets at the same time because I think that as they update the sharklets are ending

Marvin Toepfer
1 hour ago, Steven Silva said:

I don't intend FSL to do this, but I would like them to bring out the update and the sharklets at the same time because I think that as they update the sharklets are ending

I think it will not take too long for the SL to be released after the update but if there is anything going wrong with the update, they need to fix it in every single version. By releasing one after another, it saves time in case a fix is needed. at least this is my conclusion but I dont know if I am right

Artur Araripe
3 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

So erm....moving on, anyone has chicky nuggies since the reopening?

mann, i miss em nuggies 

Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Artur Araripe said:

mann, i miss em nuggies 

Dont you visit the drive thru.

David Norfolk

Will you guys be adding the new cabin air filtering system that provides cleaner air every 3 minutes for immersion? ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Will you guys be adding the new cabin air filtering system that provides cleaner air every 3 minutes for immersion? ;) 

Maintenance needs to change those.

David Norfolk
2 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Maintenance needs to change those.

I can hear norman already at it ;) 

• Haha 1

Marvin Toepfer
14 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

I can hear norman already at it ;) 

Or @Pascal Ad :D

• Like 1

Bob Zolto

Apparently, based on Lefteris' 5/26 note, they are waiting for HF2 and I would think it would take a bit of time after that to test the release with H F2.  So, maybe a week or so after HF2.  In the words of a great NFL quarterback:  R-E-L-A-X. 

Pascal Ad
59 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

Or @Pascal Ad :D

Hmm, back at work on 8th of June. Lets see :D

• Haha 2

Paolo Basta

What if LM releases the HF2  in a month or two than what, Fsl on the other hand are very close to release from what Mr Lefteris said, we don't know what cards are LM playing.

Marvin Toepfer
2 minutes ago, Paolo Basta said:

What if LM releases the HF2  in a month or two than what, Fsl on the other hand are very close to release from what Mr Lefteris said, we don't know what cards are LM playing.

If they release it in a month or two, they release it in a month or two :D Nothing more, nothing less. 

Paolo Basta

Marvin, that i know but when you spend $199.99 for v5 and waiting a second HF after a month if it comes out it does't go down well for me that's all im saying,

we should have all been stuck with v4.5 :D

Marvin Toepfer
Just now, Paolo Basta said:

Marvin, that i know but when you spend $199.99 for v5 and waiting a second HF after a month if it comes out it does't go down well for me that's all im saying,

thats true. LM rushed it way too much...but we have no choice. 

David Norfolk
45 minutes ago, Paolo Basta said:

i bought the $60 version yet here we are

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Danny Moore
I really hope FSL doesn’t version lock the v4 update to HF3. I’m on HF2 and it’s very stable right now and I don’t want to break my sim or update to cause more issues.

I’m with you and remain on v4HF2 due to stability. i can’t remember the last time I had a CTD. I believe FSLabs is good about backwards compatibility to version 4.4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Artur Araripe

My HF3 was crashing a lot. Turns out it was a faulty module for a scenery that wasn't compatible with HF3 yet. 

Mihai Armas

@Marvin Toepfer, you should change your profile picture because everytime i scroll through the forum and i see it, the first thought that comes in my mind is "oh, Lefteris wrote something, let's see if it's about release", and then i see the name above the photo.

Marvin Toepfer

:lol::lol::lol:

Marvin Toepfer

@Mihai Armas Only for you ;D But the older one was def. better:lol: I will change it back after the update.
@Lefteris Kalamaras now, it is really time critical!

• Haha 3

Robert Sutherland
3 hours ago, Paolo Basta said:

How long have you been an FSLabs customer for? What does your previous experience with the company tell you?

I’m sure this is an informed decision from the company. 

David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Mihai Armas said:

@Marvin Toepfer, you should change your profile picture because everytime i scroll through the forum and i see it, the first thought that comes in my mind is "oh, Lefteris wrote something, let's see if it's about release", and then i see the name above the photo.

Hahaha if you're mistaking him with lefteris then @Rafal Haczek is his twin brother. The facial hair & glasses are bang on:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Marvin Toepfer

Feeling naked now.

Timm Rehberg

Wait. Complaints about v5 and FSL and update and ..what?
Start your v5, load your FSL and fly. It all works - unless the features coming with the new update. 

People are aguing like FSL Airbus aren't working in v5..

Marvin Toepfer
Just now, Timm Rehberg said:

Wait. Complaints about v5 and FSL and update and ..what?
Start your v5, load your FSL and fly. It all works - unless the features coming with the new update. 

People are aguing like FSL Airbus aren't working in v5..

huh?

Timm Rehberg
1 minute ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

huh?

I open up the thread again and its still the same topic: Update, when, HF2, when, after, before, wait, bla.. :D 
Its just all about chicky nuggies!

• Haha 1

Timm Rehberg

Did we ever discussed if there will be a candy crush app available on the EFB? :blink:

• Haha 1