David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

Edwin Mayer
10 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

This is really the crux of the matter. It assumes that you would know what it all means. 

I think a good suggestion is to buy the RDPresets guide, priced at 5 euros, which goes some way to explaining how to set the sim up. I don't think the v5 guide is as suited to VRAM issues as it could be but I imagine it'll be revised once the next hotfix comes out. 

yes, their guide really helped me a lot for v4.

For v5 i wait a bit more, as i expect some more changes to come and i dont want to do it all over again and eventually run into a situation where i would have to reinstall the whole sim again.

Right now im trying to keep my sim "clean" with having all addons installed outside the folders of P3d and inject them with xml-files only.

This way i only have to backup my add-on.cfg .

But as P3D only serves as basis for the FSL Airbus, im not changing anything  before we finally get our Bus for v5.

Robert Stephan

The Preset Guide for v5 helped me to find stable settings. Also the little tool from FSPS - FFTF DYNAMIC reduced some issues like blurries and stutters.

Hope they fix P3d with next hotfixes so we dont need third party tools to run the sim smooth and stable.

James Walker
1 hour ago, Robert Sutherland said:

I think some criticism deserves to be laid at the feet of Lockheed Martin. They've made these massive changes to how their sim operates but really haven't explained how those differences work for the end user.

Just telling customers that they have to have certain minimum specs doesn't go into anywhere near enough detail -- especially when the settings have been so significantly changed. As a customer, I don't expect to have to find a sweet spot with trial and error moving from one version of software to another, especially when they've not explained that there have been major changes in how the software works.

Also, why doesn't the software do recommended settings for the kind lv

olpp

system you have, automatically? Plenty of games and other sims do just that. 

That said, I feel like I've managed to find a sweet spot that guarantees about 30fps on average, without crashes. But it's taken weeks of trial and error to fix that, and hasn't made for an enjoyable experience. 

I think a lot of people forget that P3D is not a consumer simulator. The problems many are facing will simply not be the highest on their priority list. Whereas commercial customers who rely on high FPS on an otherwise stock base simulator are the main focus. Add on compatibility is just a bonus. The stock simulator runs fine.

We just need to be careful throwing criticism at LM, we need them more than the reverse. And if they are caused a headache by the armchair simulator community, they might drop us.

• Like 1

Robert Sutherland
1 hour ago, James Walker said:

I think a lot of people forget that P3D is not a consumer simulator. The problems many are facing will simply not be the highest on their priority list. Whereas commercial customers who rely on high FPS on an otherwise stock base simulator are the main focus. Add on compatibility is just a bonus. The stock simulator runs fine.

We just need to be careful throwing criticism at LM, we need them more than the reverse. And if they are caused a headache by the armchair simulator community, they might drop us.

They know their audience, and they know that a significant number of their users are consumers. It's arguably why they've made so many changes recently, so as to compete with MSFS2020. 

Criticism is fair so long as it is justified and well-reasoned. I'm not saying it's a terrible product, but that there are definitely grounds for improvement. 

• Like 1

Ramon De Valencia
53 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

They know their audience, and they know that a significant number of their users are consumers. It's arguably why they've made so many changes recently, so as to compete with MSFS2020. 

Criticism is fair so long as it is justified and well-reasoned. I'm not saying it's a terrible product, but that there are definitely grounds for improvement. 

exactly, I have heard so many times in the past that "we" are not important to LM...and they will just drop "us" after the MS announcement...well, they have rushed the V5 and I think they will have a strong competitor for MSFS after V5 reaches 5.1 or 5.2 in about 6mo to 12mo, by the time MSFS will "hopefully" will be released.

David Norfolk
3 hours ago, James Walker said:

Lol they do not care about that. They're getting the money. They have no interest in dropping us like they have no interest in checking what license you have 

Stu Antonio

I sometimes get the feeling P3D is to LockheedMartin what „Space Force“ is to the US Military.... 

Felipe Widmano
On 5/24/2020 at 3:28 AM, Markus Burkhard said:

Where would I even start?

Day 3423893 of users asking for EIS1, still no answers except "yeah it's totally different, in sooo many aspects" :rolleyes: Thanks for taking the time though.

• Like 1

Norman Blackburn
48 minutes ago, Felipe Widmano said:

Day 3423893 of users asking for EIS1, still no answers except "yeah it's totally different, in sooo many aspects" :rolleyes: Thanks for taking the time though.

Thank you for your feedback Felipe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Pascal Ad
51 minutes ago, Felipe Widmano said:

Youre welcome :)

Unbenannt.PNG

• Like 6

David Norfolk
58 minutes ago, Felipe Widmano said:

If you could build the EIS1 systems to match fslabs standards & do it in a timely manner. I'll personally buy you a A320

• Like 3

Felipe Widmano

I mean, obviously it is different in many aspects - what I find both amusing and puzzling at the same time though is that absolutely noone of those who point out just how different! it is can come up with even a single technical detail as an example ^_^

The thing many simmers don't realize (cause why would they need to) is that Airbus changed sooo many details in logic or system behaviour over the years, which is funny - arguing against EIS1, cause that's something that seems to just come up a lot, while happily flying an A320 whose technical status is - I don't know, like, new-ish? Past the point where switched N/W strg to the other hydraulic system I guess, and past the Electronic Instrument System 1. 

For all we know, it could be frankensteined from any number of different MSNs...like the BA A319 that once lost electric supply to the entire flightdeck while climbing out of Heathrow's busy airspace - with pitch black darkness outside. What a comfortable situation to be in...Airbus did have some explaining to do about that one!

3 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

I'll personally buy you a A320

Oh, very kind, but I'll have to go the store to see if I can get it exchanged, for a 737 or MD-83 maybe...something yoke-controlled (:

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

Marvin Toepfer
1 hour ago, Felipe Widmano said:

Oh, very kind, but I'll have to go the store to see if I can get it exchanged, for a 737 or MD-83 maybe...something yoke-controlled (:

Well, Felipe...this is a really nice community, passionating airbus pilots. The FSLabs is the most detailed & realistic airplane ever seen in flightsim and we all love it. 
Please don't poison the forum with that behaviour or those kind of statements above.

Criticism is fine and well noted by FSLabs but stay fair and constructive.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

John Barnes

Or else.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Felipe Widmano

it was a joke mate...

16 hours ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

most detailed & realistic airplane ever seen in flightsim

Debatable. I do not think so, having used a variety of add-ons extensively for more than a decade now.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

J0hannes Butz

Debatable

Felipe - just out of curiosity - what's on par/better? I'm asking because I think I'm clearly missing out on something, so I'd really like to know!

• Like 1

Timm Rehberg

Who needs EIS1? Can we just have those Sharkies?! :D :ph34r::wub:

• Haha 2

Daniel Reber
5 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Who needs EIS1? Can we just have those Sharkies?! :D :ph34r::wub:

I´d rather have EIS1 than sharklets and I´d pay all the 150€ again für just EIS1

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

Timm Rehberg

Whats is EIS1? :D 

This is EIS for me :D And I never took only 1!
media.media.b4c6041a-3d14-4872-a607-aa5b

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

duartevieira
1 hour ago, Johannes Butz said:

Felipe - just out of curiosity - what's on par/better? I'm asking because I think I'm clearly missing out on something, so I'd really like to know!

I am not Felipe in anyway or shape but system depth you should have ago on the leonardo maddog  She’s a handful everytime 

• Thanks 1

David Gray

I'm most excited for the EFB whenever that comes.  Actually really most excited to fly this plane again.  I've switched over fully to V5.  So I'm patiently awaiting the return of the top dog in my hangar. 

• Like 2

Artur Araripe
2 hours ago, Johannes Butz said:

I'd also like to know

David Norfolk

Imagine making a thread about sharklets & all I've seen is an ice cream, moaning & EIS1 memes  & :blink: this emoji 

• Confused 2

Marvin Toepfer
5 hours ago, Felipe Widmano said:

Debatable. I do not think so, having used a variety of add-ons extensively for more than a decade now.

If you think so, I guess you never flew an Airbus in a real airline sim :) plus you have not experienced the FSLabs in depth detail.

• Like 1

Paolo Basta

Hi Guys, any news on HF2 as two weeks have gone by since announcement i think :huh:

Marvin Toepfer
Just now, Paolo Basta said:

Hi Guys, any news on HF2 as two weeks have gone by since announcement i think :huh:

I saw you also in the prepar3d forums. Better you ask there for the HF?

• Like 1

Paolo Basta

ah they never reply, i tried it :angry:

Marvin Toepfer
Just now, Paolo Basta said:

ah they never reply, i tried it :angry:

:lol: but how should FSLabs know?

Paolo Basta

I said guys in general not Fsl a lot of people on the forum know more things than anyone else 

Marvin Toepfer

Or pretend to know things, haha :D better keep an eye on official annoucements

Stu Antonio
10 minutes ago, Paolo Basta said:

Not quite, the LM announcement that HF2 will come in the next „couple of weeks“ was made only 8 days ago. 

Paolo Basta

Thanks, i thought it was well past 8 days ago :(

Marc Stanford

So basically thanks to LM we v4 users are being held hostage for the update.

Why not release the update for v4 users now because only god knows how long the hotfix will take.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Stewart Cumbers

Can’t see being held hostage as you have a fully working airbus in v4  

yes it would be nice to get all the extra eye candy etc but they will update it but least in v4 u can still fly

it isn’t working in v5 at all yet so hardly think being held hostage is right 

• Like 3

Marvin Toepfer
14 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Why not release the update for v4 users now because only god knows how long the hotfix will take.

WHY is that update so important for you if you fly in v4? Just for S8? For PBR textures? What in detail are you missing in the current version? Does it have bugs which makes it unflyable? Is it looking ugly? Any CTD?
And why do you think it's ready in v4? Did FSLabs said so?

• Like 5

Felipe Widmano
21 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

If you think so, I guess you never flew an Airbus in a real airline sim :) plus you have not experienced the FSLabs in depth detail.

I have, multiple times, both FNPTII as well as full flight FTDs...So your guess is wrong. Your statement couldn't be further from the truth in many other aspects, too by the way. Whatever "experiencing the FSLabs in depth" is supposed to actually mean....

Since it's a developer forum I'm always a little hesitant to bring up other add-ons, but one that has come up a few times already is the Leonardo Mad Dog. There's just no match in terms of atmosphere, modelling is superb both in and outside, texturing already great out of the box (I am not looking forward to installing the replacement VC textures for the Airbus after each update <_<), system behaviour is accurate, flight dynamics feel credible, especially taking into account the DC-9 series' unique control tab principle, realism... Well, the airframe and engines age with each flight cycle and hours (you can also manually set those values to simulate a beaten up plane) and the MD-80 *will* behave differently in the sim. It simulates deferred items from MEL and CDL. It receives constant updates adding functionality. And it performs so incredibly well even on older systems...

Another example would be the MJC Q400, any A2A aircraft, the MD-11, NGX or 777 were the pinnacle of simulation at their time, list goes on...

• Like 2

Marvin Toepfer
7 minutes ago, Felipe Widmano said:

I have, multiple times, both FNPTII as well as full flight FTDs...So your guess is wrong. Your statement couldn't be further from the truth in many other aspects, too by the way. Whatever "experiencing the FSLabs in depth" is supposed to actually mean....

Another example would be the MJC Q400, any A2A aircraft, the MD-11, NGX or 777 were the pinnacle of simulation at their time, list goes on...

Ok Felipe :D I am wrong, you are right...simple solution: uninstall the airbus, head over to another developer forum and stay healthy :)
Tipp is free of charge, you are welcome ;)

• Like 1

Karl Schaller
30 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

WHY is that update so important for you if you fly in v4? Just for S8? For PBR textures? What in detail are you missing in the current version? Does it have bugs which makes it unflyable? Is it looking ugly? Any CTD?
And why do you think it's ready in v4? Did FSLabs said so?

What I miss is the CPDLC for the small Busses. I fly online only, so it make Pilots life easer ;) 

duartevieira

Since it's a developer forum I'm always a little hesitant to bring up other add-ons, but one that has come up a few times already is the Leonardo Mad Dog. There's just no match in terms of atmosphere, modelling is superb both in and outside, texturing already great out of the box (I am not looking forward to installing the replacement VC textures for the Airbus after each update <_<), system behaviour is accurate, flight dynamics feel credible, especially taking into account the DC-9 series' unique control tab principle, realism... Well, the airframe and engines age with each flight cycle and hours (you can also manually set those values to simulate a beaten up plane) and the MD-80 *will* behave differently in the sim. It simulates deferred items from MEL and CDL. It receives constant updates adding functionality. And it performs so incredibly well even on older systems...

The only part I can agree with you it’s the maddog the others are past their age specially the majestic and the 777 the maddog it’s on another league 

Markus Burkhard

Would it surprise you guys that the Mad Dog has lots of fans at FSL too? B)

Damn, now I've revealed the true reason for why our A320 is not available yet, we're all enjoying flying around with MD-80s in v5 :ph34r:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

Marvin Toepfer
1 minute ago, Markus Burkhard said:

Damn, now I've revealed the true reason for why our A320 is not available yet, we're all enjoying flying around with MD-80s in v5 :ph34r:

I have a lot of time...better don't provoke us Markus:ph34r:

• Haha 1

CristianLundin
11 minutes ago, Markus Burkhard said:

Would it surprise you guys that the Mad Dog has lots of fans at FSL too? B)

To be fair, I tried to fly a certain very automated 787 after 2 weeks of mad dog and P5D and first realized I only needed to map a third of the buttons on my hardware for efficient flight comfort, then I fell asleep during takeoff for lack of stress and monitoring. ^^

• Haha 2

Marc Stanford

So if the MD-80 is the Maddog, does that mean the Airbus is the Mad Cat?

Andrew Wilson
6 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

No, Marc - Lefteris made it perfectly clear in his update post this week that this is not the case.

We are resolving a small number of issues applicable to both platforms.

• Like 5

Nathan Stringer

Its been a couple days. Where's my bus. lol Kappa