David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

Patrick Hildebrand

Yeah would be nice to hear something official about the update or to See the release

• Like 1

Stu Antonio

BB is currently streaming the beta in v5 again (in German language today)....

Walter Meier

A message for Lefteris (all others stop reading now; this post may have unintended effects)

Begin counting back from 10 (10). Find a comfortable place (9) and sit with straight posture (8). Relax your shoulders (7) and take a deep cleansing breath (6). Focus your gaze on this word (no, scratch that! You have to keep reading) (5). Feel your eyelids become heavier and heavier (no, don't close them, silly! How else will you keep reading?) (4) You are feeling deeply relaxed (3). Now repeat the following (2): "The Airbus is perfect. I shall release it today. The Airbus is perfect. I shall release it today... today.... today.... today..." (1). When you wake up,  you will remember nothing of this (other than, of course, the compulsion to release it today) (0). When I count to three, you'll wake up and go about your day.

1... 2... 3!

Welcome back.

To everyone else: consider this my contribution to this thread's post count. Do we have a record yet?

• Like 3
  • Haha 16

Marc Fuolega
12 minutes ago, Walter Meier said:

A message for Lefteris (all others stop reading now; this post may have unintended effects)

Begin counting back from 10 (10). Find a comfortable place (9) and sit with straight posture (8). Relax your shoulders (7) and take a deep cleansing breath (6). Focus your gaze on this word (no, scratch that! You have to keep reading) (5). Feel your eyelids become heavier and heavier (no, don't close them, silly! How else will you keep reading?) (4) You are feeling deeply relaxed (3). Now repeat the following (2): "The Airbus is perfect. I shall release it today. The Airbus is perfect. I shall release it today... today.... today.... today..." (1). When you wake up,  you will remember nothing of this (other than, of course, the compulsion to release it today) (0). When I count to three, you'll wake up and go about your day.

1... 2... 3!

Welcome back.

To everyone else: consider this my contribution to this thread's post count. Do we have a record yet?

What if he wakes up thinking he's a wild boar?

• Like 3

Walter Meier
2 minutes ago, Marc Fuolega said:

Talk about unintended consequences...

• Like 1

Danny Moore
Maybe today, nah it's  a BH here i don't think they will :mellow:

It's a Holiday in a lot of places. I'm sure they’re enjoying the day off. 

Marvin Toepfer

I can't stop laughing Walter! That post made my day :D

• Like 1

Marvin Toepfer
14 minutes ago, Marc Fuolega said:

no worries. in that case, Andrew will put him in the famous prison where all the beta tester are. in a seperate cage of course.

• Like 1

Marc Stanford

Having an issue where either battery one or two will discharge completely to zero (indicators reading 0.0). I'm not sure if anyone else had this issue, but it suggests that our airframes are aging and we need new ones.

Lefteris needs to read Walter Meiers post and at the very least give us an announcement over current progress. Either that or he needs to send us a new BCLs to keep the airframe airworthy until we are ready to take the new Sharklets. If the battery issue keeps up after we take it to get serviced in Lyon then we will need to ground N467BD until it can be fixed.

A lotta people are not gonna be happy their charter jet is grounded!

Danny Moore
Having an issue where either battery one or two will discharge completely to zero (indicators reading 0.0). I'm not sure if anyone else had this issue, but it suggests that our airframes are aging and we need new ones.

Lefteris needs to read Walter Meiers post and at the very least give us an announcement over current progress. Either that or he needs to send us a new BCLs to keep the airframe airworthy until we are ready to take the new Sharklets. If the battery issue keeps up after we take it to get serviced in Lyon then we will need to ground N467BD until it can be fixed.

A lotta people are not gonna be happy their charter jet is grounded!

I simply had maintenance change out the batteries. Good to fly another day, LOL

I saw your other post, that is a strange issue with the batteries. Isn’t there an FSUIPC option for batteries?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paolo Basta

Boys and Girls,

Will today or this week see a release of our beloved A32X update, i mean we have seen her quite a lot on streams and personally i think she looks good to go that is my view unless otherwise, we are kind of jealous of seeing her for the last few weeks and not having her it's a torture will see :rolleyes:

Koen Meier

good to know. i hope testing for the a321 and a319 is progressing as well.

• Like 1

Nathan Stringer
2 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Hi guys-

just a small note to say that we're fixing some issues we found while testing the release - nothing too major but it might take a little bit more time to do. That, in combination with the upcoming P3Dv5 HF2 which we feel will fix a couple other very important shortcomings, is delaying our release.

Just wanted you guys to know, so you don't expect the release to drop within the next couple of days at least.

:( O well. Thanks for the hard work. See you after HF2

Stu Antonio

Seems reasonable to me. Hope HF2 adaptation/testing in a few weeks will go well.

Paolo Basta

Thanks Mr Lefteris, hope all goes well with testing, and hope LM releases this HF soon since they screwed everyone else not in bad way but you know what i mean thanks :lol:

Koki Yamagishi

I'm glad to hear the official story from the people involved.

Edwin Mayer

so let's all move to P3D Forum now and camp there.

Will be back as soon as HF2 is out!

• Haha 3

duartevieira
On 5/20/2020 at 9:24 PM, John Tavendale said:

But it makes sense to wait.. because then a new build, test, upload has to be done again.. otherwise we start see the whole 'when will it be released for HF2' questions come up 2 mins after release.

Guess you where right John it was obvious  :rolleyes:

K_€_€_M___C_€_R_V_A_N_0

Nice to finally have official word.  See you guys when HF2 releases :)

Danny Moore

Well that answers the question for those of us remaining on P3Dv4.5. We’re at the mercy of v5, LOL.

I figure it’s a single installer that will install to both. I understand the logic. Many of us remain on 4.5 because v5 is too buggy to move over. I don’t have much faith in this upcoming HF2. Seems LM released v5 too early. Thanks for the update.

• Like 5

San Lin

We can stop hitting F5 now

Robert Sutherland

Glad this news has been confirmed. It puts customers at ease a bit more. 

Looking forward to both the hotfix and the release, then! :)

Thanks for the update, Lefteris. 

J_U_A_N__R-A-M-O-S

Ok guys.... there's nothing to see here... Keep moving, keep moving

• Haha 1

Danny Moore
Ok guys.... there's nothing to see here... Keep moving, keep moving

Exactly. It’s going to be a couple of weeks according to LM for HF2 and than FSLabs needs to test it out.

Ramon De Valencia

from the past experiences, yes, will likely take 2 weeks after HF2 release, that means no less than 3 weeks before we can fly the bus in V5.

But, I am fine with that and also really glad to have an update from the developers.

Eric Fisher
3 hours ago, Ramon De Valencia said:

from the past experiences, yes, will likely take 2 weeks after HF2 release, that means no less than 3 weeks before we can fly the bus in V5.

But, I am fine with that and also really glad to have an update from the developers.

Probably pretty close which is what I alluded to in an earlier post here. Even when they get the bugs sorted that Lefteris mentioned above, those of us staying on v4.5 are now left to the mercy of LM and their bug riddled v5.

• Like 1

Marc Fuolega
31 minutes ago, Eric Fisher said:

Probably pretty close which is what I alluded to in an earlier post here. Even when they get the bugs sorted that Lefteris mentioned above, those of us staying on v4.5 are now left to the mercy of LM and their bug riddled v5.

With the difference being that you do have a perfectly working FSLabs Airbus in 4.5, so not sure how that’s really an issue, let alone something to invoke “mercy” over. 

noahharget

Is the A321 paint kit being updated or just the A319/320?

Robert Sutherland
1 hour ago, Eric Fisher said:

...those of us staying on v4.5 are now left to the mercy of LM and their bug riddled v5.

This is a little bit melodramatic, isn't it? 

• Like 1

Marc Stanford
1 minute ago, Robert Sutherland said:

This is a little bit melodramatic, isn't it? 

Not really because quite a few including myself have remained on 4.5 because it's stable. P3D v5 although has better features and is the future (alongside MFS) it's still unstable for a lot of people especially with VRAM, it's like we are going back to the OOM ages which P3D v4 stopped.

What FSL should do and please pay attention; is to release the update for v4 users once all the bugs have been squashed then once LM releases their HF for v5 then release that portion of the update. I just don't think it's fair for us v4 users to be held hostage to LM and their hotfix because only god knows how long it will be before they release it. Yes they say they could release it in the next few weeks but stuff happens and they may push it back.

FSL please consider this because before there was a v5 there was v4!

• Like 6

Brian McCumiskey
1 hour ago, Eric Fisher said:

those of us staying on v4.5 are now left to the mercy of LM and their bug riddled v5.

The amazing thing is that when we all purchased the product, we purchased a V4 product and in now way were we promised an upgrade. Since you’re on V4, you get to use the FSLabs dude. If you’re gonna “let the mercy of LM and their bug riddled v5”, then that’s an issue. I know we all are stuck inside as of current times, but we shouldn’t rely all but our sanity on FSLabs. 

• Like 1

Wayne Klockner

Exactly...here's the A320X in P3Dv4.5 HF3 with ASP3D beta3>

2020-5-26_12-3-19-90.jpg

• Like 4

David Norfolk

You seem to think v4 is god of sims. The amount of crashes and freezes I've had in that thing are a joke. 4.5 & V5 have their own issues believe you me.

• Like 2

Danny Moore
You seem to think v4 is god of sims. The amount of crashes and freezes I've had in that thing are a joke. 4.5 & V5 have their own issues believe you me.

The crashes are on you and not P3Dv4. I use my sim almost daily. I can do over night 18+ long hauls and not have it crash. I can’t remember the last time I had a CTD and I know it’s been over a year and it was triggered by the 717 which has been fixed. I have pretty much most sceneries and planes installed and I have no issues. There are many v4 users with no issues but v5 is hitting users hard with CTD.

• Like 7

Marvin Toepfer
12 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Look at all the goodies that FSL will bring us soon! Become one with the bus, become the bus!

HUD system is optional so I may have to bribe Lefteris for this one.

https://ccntservice.airbus.com/apps/cockpits/a320/?_ga=2.64576367.1959690719.1590531445-596651640.1577681052

You have most of those goodies already ;) and the HUD is optional since many years in the 320. I remember we had a few A/C at airberlin but it was deactivated.

Eric Fisher
3 hours ago, Brian McCumiskey said:

I know we all are stuck inside as of current times, but we shouldn’t rely all but our sanity on FSLabs. 

Not me, I'm what they term "essential".

San Lin

I'd rather the v5 had never been released, so we might have flown sharklet in v4.5.

Marc Stanford

Lefteris & friends be like...

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Edwin Mayer
10 hours ago, Danny Moore said:

The crashes are on you and not P3Dv4. I use my sim almost daily. I can do over night 18+ long hauls and not have it crash. I can’t remember the last time I had a CTD and I know it’s been over a year and it was triggered by the 717 which has been fixed. I have pretty much most sceneries and planes installed and I have no issues. There are many v4 users with no issues but v5 is hitting users hard with CTD.

the same with v5.

I run it since day 1 and had not a single CTD caused by the sim.

I ran out of VRAM only when i was testing out the sttings to find my limits and all other crashes were due to addons, but not the Sim.

Yes, many people are having issues with v5. One reason is, that they simply ignore that it simply changed how it handles textures and keep using it as if it was v4 and therefore overstress their hardware -> VRAM hang.

This issue was solved by HF1 by giving user a warning before running out of VRAM so they can adjust their settings to a managable level.

Another reason is, that people install addons not yet officially and therefore fully compatible with V5 ro simply run BETA software (like Truesky) wich is known to be buggy.

Run V5 as out of the box without Truesky with hardware that meets the system requirements and you will not run into any CTD.

The pain with V5 is, that it has so many  changes that there are only very few addons (fully) compatible yet and that those changes are so significant that it takes very long for developers to update their products.

• Like 3

Robert Sutherland

I think some criticism deserves to be laid at the feet of Lockheed Martin. They've made these massive changes to how their sim operates but really haven't explained how those differences work for the end user.

Just telling customers that they have to have certain minimum specs doesn't go into anywhere near enough detail -- especially when the settings have been so significantly changed. As a customer, I don't expect to have to find a sweet spot with trial and error moving from one version of software to another, especially when they've not explained that there have been major changes in how the software works.

Also, why doesn't the software do recommended settings for the kind of system you have, automatically? Plenty of games and other sims do just that. 

That said, I feel like I've managed to find a sweet spot that guarantees about 30fps on average, without crashes. But it's taken weeks of trial and error to fix that, and hasn't made for an enjoyable experience. 

• Like 1

Edwin Mayer
18 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

I think some criticism deserves to be laid at the feet of Lockheed Martin. They've made these massive changes to how their sim operates but really haven't explained how those differences work for the end user.

Just telling customers that they have to have certain minimum specs doesn't go into anywhere near enough detail -- especially when the settings have been so significantly changed. As a customer, I don't expect to have to find a sweet spot with trial and error moving from one version of software to another, especially when they've not explained that there have been major changes in how the software works.

Also, why doesn't the software do recommended settings for the kind of system you have, automatically? Plenty of games and other sims do just that. 

That said, I feel like I've managed to find a sweet spot that guarantees about 30fps on average, without crashes. But it's taken weeks of trial and error to fix that, and hasn't made for an enjoyable experience. 

i agree, that the communication can need some improvement.

I am not happy with the tool tips in the settings menue either. They seem to be the same as in FSX, not really giving any information what each slider does how it effects the simulation.

Id already be happy if it would state if this is going to increase load on CPU,. GPU or RAM instead of the very general statement that i might have effect on performance.

Take the "Tesselation factor", the in sim description of it is just a joke : it adjusts the tesselation. What is tesselation? With english not being my first language i tried to look it up, but still found no answer taht would make sense with the sim.

And I absolutely agree that it would be nice to have "recommended" settings according to hardware.

Even better would be a "dynamic mode" where settings are changed while flying according to criterias like smoothness, VRAM etc. 

So you always get the best visuals possible with a smooth experience...

• Like 1

Robert Sutherland
20 minutes ago, Edwin Mayer said:

i agree, that the communication can need some improvement.

I am not happy with the tool tips in the settings menue either. They seem to be the same as in FSX, not really giving any information what each slider does how it effects the simulation.

Id already be happy if it would state if this is going to increase load on CPU,. GPU or RAM instead of the very general statement that i might have effect on performance.

Take the "Tesselation factor", the in sim description of it is just a joke : it adjusts the tesselation. What is tesselation? With english not being my first language i tried to look it up, but still found no answer taht would make sense with the sim.

And I absolutely agree that it would be nice to have "recommended" settings according to hardware.

Even better would be a "dynamic mode" where settings are changed while flying according to criterias like smoothness, VRAM etc. 

So you always get the best visuals possible with a smooth experience...

This is really the crux of the matter. It assumes that you would know what it all means. 

I think a good suggestion is to buy the RDPresets guide, priced at 5 euros, which goes some way to explaining how to set the sim up. I don't think the v5 guide is as suited to VRAM issues as it could be but I imagine it'll be revised once the next hotfix comes out. 

• Like 1