Jump to content

Sharklet Hype


David Norfolk

Recommended Posts

Karl Schaller
2 minutes ago, Nils Grube said:

Really ? A friend of mine just got your system specs and it’s runs great..... it’s interesting how different p3d can run on the “same” specs..... Mysterious :ph34r:

One of my faults...

2020-5-9_23-41-45-924.jpg

  • Haha 1
Link to post
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • David Norfolk

    430

  • Timm Rehberg

    414

  • Koen Meier

    382

  • Marc Stanford

    315

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Hi all – As Lefteris commented on, one of my favourite areas of the updated models, besides the PBR, is the cabin windows. Each window has now been remodelled in detail - and we've also modelled

I've elected to stay away from this until now as it gives people an opportunity to joke around, vent their frustrations on a "perceived delay" of our release (even though I've explained the reasons be

Posted Images

Tim Nitz
1 minute ago, Karl Schaller said:

One of my faults...

2020-5-9_23-41-45-924.jpg

The only thing wrong with this pic is the fact that you are flying a boeing ;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Karl Schaller
Just now, Tim Nitz said:

The only thing wrong with this pic is the fact that you are flying a boeing ;)

:lol::lol: YES!! Because where are the Busses!! 

2 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

is that truesky? thats in beta...

no, it isn't

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Nils Grube
2 minutes ago, Karl Schaller said:

Back to the roots:

Where are the Busses?

I promise, I never fly a Boeing thereafter

 

Haha Hope you can fly them in a few hours or  days or weeks  or months ;)

Link to post
David Norfolk

Theres rarely a release on the weekend from them. Come back monday

  • Like 1
Link to post
David Norfolk
8 minutes ago, Marc Fuolega said:

The issue is that the plane's got a hump and 2 additional engines, right?

Never mock the queen;)

  • Like 5
Link to post
Felipe Widmano
On 5/22/2020 at 12:25 AM, Pascal Ad said:

Not really. There is a lot of going on in the background (wirings, logics, computers) - not just the look of the DUs.

Okay, which of the items relevant in flightsim are different - and are purely EIS1/2, and not from another facelift/upgrade that Airbus came up with along the line, which don't seem to bother anyone in the dev team or user base in the same way this does? ;)

Link to post
Norman Blackburn

Hi Felipe

Unlike most other addons we don’t do things by changing some polygons here and there.  Our products literally follow the wiring, logics etc of the real deal.  

  • Like 11
Link to post
Nathan Stringer
11 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Felipe

Unlike most other addons we don’t do things by changing some polygons here and there.  Our products literally follow the wiring, logics etc of the real deal.  

Alright I spoke with my lawyers. How bout' 6 bucks, and hear me out, a 3/8 eaten lindt chocolate bar.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Marc Fuolega
47 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Felipe

Unlike most other addons we don’t do things by changing some polygons here and there.  Our products literally follow the wiring, logics etc of the real deal.  

You also have quite the attitude and enjoy dissing other addons? ;)

 

Shame you're 100% correct. :D

Link to post
Markus Burkhard
48 minutes ago, Marc Fuolega said:

You also have quite the attitude and enjoy dissing other addons? ;)

I know your comment was meant with some humour in it, but we'd like to be clear on this nonetheless; We don't diss other add-ons, never have and never will. It's a fact that most other developers don't do their aircraft down to the wiring and logic sheets that hold together all individual components. 

 

2 hours ago, Felipe Widmano said:

Okay, which of the items relevant in flightsim are different - and are purely EIS1/2, and not from another facelift/upgrade that Airbus came up with along the line, which don't seem to bother anyone in the dev team or user base in the same way this does? ;)

Where would I even start? If we were to do an EIS1 A320, we'd obviously not do the most modern version of it, as this would present users with rather little difference to what we have right now, besides the screens looking "round" with some analogue gauges next to it. Of course major components such as the FMGC would already be substantially different when looked at the level that we do. But to make an interesting case for a new add-on, it would need to be a very early model of A320, think 89 vintage and such, those with no GPS equipment on board (Lufthansa still flew them around Europe up until the global shutdown came along). And as such, all systems would need major re-work to end up with a depth and accuracy our customers expect from us. 

So sadly no, it will not happen.

  • Like 16
Link to post
Stu Antonio
21 minutes ago, Patrick Hildebrand said:

Question: is this nav light issue resolved where nav lights are not visible in some view angles?

You can actually see a preview of the new navlights on BBs (beta-version) twitch steam from last monday. Timecode 04:55. 

(not sure if it's allowed to post a screenshot here)

Link to post
David Norfolk

They seem to reflect better too, it looks like they actually sit enclosed in the casing rather than it just be a blob. It will look proper nice on the sharklets 

Link to post
Marvin Toepfer
11 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

They seem to reflect better too, it looks like they actually sit enclosed in the casing rather than it just be a blob. It will look proper nice on the sharklets 

especially with the LED's :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Paolo Basta

Yeah, that was the first improvement i noticed on the stream  beautifully done and no more mr blob as David mentioned, hope to have her soon as we all do :D

Link to post
Alex Maidment

Rewatching all the twitch streams is just making me envy the beta testers even more.

 

Please drop it soon, I can't take it anymore :D

Link to post
Marvin Toepfer
Just now, Alex Maidment said:

Rewatching all the twitch streams is just making me envy the beta testers even more.

 

Please drop it soon, I can't take it anymore :D

I think as a beta tester most of the time you are pulling your hair :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Nathan Stringer
1 minute ago, Alex Maidment said:

Rewatching all the twitch streams is just making me envy the beta testers even more.

 

Please drop it soon, I can't take it anymore :D

last heard they are testing v4.5 stuff now. v5 is set it seems.

Link to post
Alex Maidment
2 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

I think as a beta tester most of the time you are pulling your hair :lol:

A price to pay to fly my bus :D

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Nathan Stringer
9 minutes ago, Manuel Tramard said:

Will the Shaklets version have an LED option for landing lights?

1580411f11f97284af8cc934e5ca84f1.png

Link to post
Timm Rehberg

Markus, Andrew, Norman.. all together writing active in this thread. Do they not work anymore ?!
So means its all finished? :P:D :ph34r:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Nathan Stringer
1 minute ago, Wilson Ng said:

for a minute i didn't realize that was a screenshot LOL

people need to read man. Asking questions that are literally in the most looked at part of the forums. ANNOUNCEMENTS

Link to post
Wilson Ng
1 minute ago, Nathan Stringer said:

people need to read man. Asking questions that are literally in the most looked at part of the forums. ANNOUNCEMENTS

True.. And if it was not in the announcement section then it's something they can't tell us right now

Link to post
Norman Blackburn
1 hour ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Markus, Andrew, Norman.. all together writing active in this thread. Do they not work anymore ?!
So means its all finished? :P:D :ph34r:

Weeks ago!  Its all part of a game we like to play called cat and mouse :D:P

  • Like 5
  • Sad 1
Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...