Jump to content
David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

Recommended Posts

Marc Stanford
6 minutes ago, Pascal Ad said:

Isn’t that good news? Cant wait! In the meantime we can enjoy the summer! 
 

 You get to play with the update beta while we wait for St. Lefteris

Share this post


Link to post
Robert Sutherland
2 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

God pls tell me this is a joke and they won't wait to release the update then. If that's the case my summer is ruined :(

I’m not sure if I think it’s funny or terribly sad that this would be the kind of thing that could ruin your summer! :blink:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford
1 minute ago, Robert Sutherland said:

I’m not sure if I think it’s funny or terribly sad that this would be the kind of thing that could ruin your summer! :blink:

Well Robert it's because I made the mistake of falling for the "few weeks" announcement last month, note to self never trust a man that say's "few weeks" ever again. 

I can wait for the Sharklets but the new S8 software & new cockpit lighting is what I really wanted in the Bus since I started flying it since 2017. I always felt that the current lighting for the fonts by FSL was incorrect but now they made it much better and more realistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Robert Sutherland
13 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Well Robert it's because I made the mistake of falling for the "few weeks" announcement last month, note to self never trust a man that say's "few weeks" ever again. 

I can wait for the Sharklets but the new S8 software & new cockpit lighting is what I really wanted in the Bus since I started flying it since 2017. I always felt that the current lighting for the fonts by FSL was incorrect but now they made it much better and more realistic.

I get the impression you just want what’s next, whenever that next thing is hinted at. It’ll be good when it’s finally released. 
 

For me, this pandemic has ruined summer. A flight sim developer not releasing an update doesn’t really compare!

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Danny Moore
22 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Well Robert it's because I made the mistake of falling for the "few weeks" announcement last month, note to self never trust a man that say's "few weeks" ever again. 

I can wait for the Sharklets but the new S8 software & new cockpit lighting is what I really wanted in the Bus since I started flying it since 2017. I always felt that the current lighting for the fonts by FSL was incorrect but now they made it much better and more realistic.

WOW, you must really know Airbus systems if you been wanting the S8 software update since 2017. Most people never heard of it  until FSLabs mentioned it for this upcoming update. So which one of the S8 features are you looking forward too? I'm interested in learning the airbus so any insight on why will give users a better understanding of the new functions.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford
10 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

WOW, you must really know Airbus systems if you been wanting the S8 software update since 2017. Most people never heard of it  until FSLabs mentioned it for this upcoming update. So which one of the S8 features are you looking forward too? I'm interested in learning the airbus so any insight on why will give users a better understanding of the new functions.  

I have the AFMs of the bus and I study them in my free time when I'm not working. 

You know what scratch this, I'm taking my 90s A321 on a world tour until the new update comes out, bring the wait on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Danny Moore
7 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

I have the AFMs of the bus and I study them in my free time when I'm not working. 

You know what scratch this, I'm taking my 90s A321 on a world tour until the new update comes out, bring the wait on.

90's era A321 are pretty old compared to Delta's fairly new 2016 and up models. Enjoy the flight. Maybe will see you in the skies.

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk

Man this thread....I'm guessing it's no longer related to the sharklets anymore lmao

Share this post


Link to post
Robert Sutherland

Bringing the hype train back up to speed. A sharklet and a shadow.

ACCC1372-0AA0-4B79-9AA3-ACB454BD92A5.jpeg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Alex Maidment

sharklets will return once p3d v5 is kitted out with the bus, not a boeing fan TBH.

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford
2 minutes ago, Alex Maidment said:

sharklets will return once p3d v5 is kitted out with the bus, not a boeing fan TBH.

Well I am a Boeing fan if it’s the 737 and 747 classic and the 757/767.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Steven Silva
52 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Bueno, soy fanático de Boeing si es el clásico 737 y 747 y el 757/767.

B767 <3

Share this post


Link to post
Matej Stavanja

Today is not THE day, I can feel it :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Christoph Sebek

Just fly what you have and stop wasting time waiting. You'll have plenty time to enjoy later. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Nathan Stringer
1 hour ago, Matej Stavanja said:

Today is not THE day, I can feel it :-)

redownload site is not working ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Erik Schlijper
23 minutes ago, Nathan Stringer said:

redownload site is not working ;)

Perhaps a sign? xD

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
25 minutes ago, Nathan Stringer said:

redownload site is not working ;)

Or just regular maintenance that normally happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Nathan Stringer
1 minute ago, Koen Meier said:

Or just regular maintenance that normally happens.

how long does this maintenance take?

Share this post


Link to post
Erik Schlijper

It's back in the air again

Share this post


Link to post
Nathan Stringer
Just now, Erik Schlijper said:

It's back in the air again

yea. oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Norman Blackburn
23 minutes ago, Erik Schlijper said:

Perhaps a sign? xD

We can upload files there and you would never know :) 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Nathan Stringer
Just now, Norman Blackburn said:

We can upload files there and you would never know :) 

Unless we reload it every 5 seconds .. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Norman Blackburn
35 minutes ago, Nathan Stringer said:

Unless we reload it every 5 seconds .. :)

You still wouldnt.  Only when its moved to live will you know.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Nathan Stringer
Just now, Norman Blackburn said:

You still wouldnt.  Only when its moved to live will you know.

how bout' 5 bucks?

Share this post


Link to post
Norman Blackburn
Just now, Nathan Stringer said:

how bout' 5 bucks?

CDN?  C'mon... We deal only in good quality Swiss chocolate round these parts.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Daniel Thomas du Toit
Just now, Norman Blackburn said:

CDN?  C'mon... We deal only in good quality Swiss chocolate round these parts.

I happen to be flying soon - how about an oversized toblerone?

Share this post


Link to post
Nathan Stringer
Just now, Norman Blackburn said:

CDN?  C'mon... We deal only in good quality Swiss chocolate round these parts.

bcd268d4f61c7f18bd623cf923d62a48.png

We are quite the perfect match.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Stu Antonio

Wife wants me to paint the garden shed. +++ I have no excuse. +++ Please help and release update. +++ 

:D

  • Like 5
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Miguel Leandro

No, no, this weekend it's not a good week for me. i have a busy weekend.

Please, wait till next  weekend!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Timm Rehberg

Hi :) 

Share this post


Link to post
San Lin

I think this weekend is a very nice weekend with good weather.So it fit for release.hahah

Share this post


Link to post
Karl Schaller
2 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

CDN?  C'mon... We deal only in good quality Swiss chocolate round these parts.

Actually I fly from LEPA to EDDH. I make a stop at LSZH and bring the chocolate ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier

A weekend release means staff needs to work on a weekend as well and I doubt any of the devs want to give their Saturday and Sunday to work in the support.

Share this post


Link to post
Karl Schaller

Or the crew can relax till monday and the users can collect the errors and faults and post them. On Monday the crew is fit to solve ALL problems :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Eamonn Jawhary

With this amount of testing i don't think any bugs that slip through will be major

Share this post


Link to post
Timm Rehberg
45 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

A weekend release means staff needs to work on a weekend as well and I doubt any of the devs want to give their Saturday and Sunday to work in the support.

A FSL release is never buggy so no support needed :) 
Click the "release" button boooois! :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Robert Sutherland
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

Wife wants me to paint the garden shed. +++ I have no excuse. +++ Please help and release update. +++ 

:D

That would not be a good enough excuse on my household! :unsure:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Timm Rehberg
4 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

That would not be a good enough excuse on my household! :unsure:

Well, first and only day of rain today for this week and upcoming days!
But I think, we really have to wait till HF2 is out. It will be the best hotfix ever. The greatest at all. And it will make P3D v5 better than ever.
HF2 is going to be amazing. A great thing.* :D 

 

*lets just wait what new buggs LM is releasing to us :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Karl Schaller

Who whans the bus for the buggy P5D?

I think most of us wants the Busses for 4.5

Share this post


Link to post
Marvin Toepfer
Just now, Karl Schaller said:

Who whans the bus for the buggy P5D?

I think most of us wants the Busses for 4.5

A lot of people want it for v5 ;) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Nils Grube
Just now, Karl Schaller said:

Who whans the bus for the buggy P5D?

I think most of us wants the Busses for 4.5

I want them for v5 :D it’s very stable for me :ph34r: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Karl Schaller
Just now, Marvin Toepfer said:

A lot of people want it for v5 ;) 

Sorry my fault. I forgot a "now". When P5D  is stable. I also want the Busses for P5D.

But at the moment it make sense to release it for 4.5

 

Share this post


Link to post
Karl Schaller
3 minutes ago, Nils Grube said:

I want them for v5 :D it’s very stable for me :ph34r: 

You lucky man.

I have an i9 9900K and a RTX2080ti. And I have only problems :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Nils Grube
Just now, Karl Schaller said:

You lucky man.

I have an i9 9900K and a RTX2080ti. And I have only problems :(

 

Really ? A friend of mine just got your system specs and it’s runs great..... it’s interesting how different p3d can run on the “same” specs..... Mysterious :ph34r:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
J0hannes Butz

What's so unstable about V5? I exclusively installed officially compatible add-ons (with the V5 installers) and although I'm still missing a few sceneries and Rex textures it's as stable as V4 (if not more due to the better performance).

Hand-installing older P3D/FSX add-ons had been crashing V4 as well when it initially launched...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...