David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

Stu Antonio
9 minutes ago, Eamonn Jawhary said:

from watching streamers i get the  impression they are not waiting for any HF. I believe they are squashing last minute bugs

Impressions and believes are fine, we all have those, but that really doesn‘t mean much, that‘s why I asked for a statement from the devs. As I said before, the first streams of BB with the new ATSU system back then came weeks before release. Dropping the NDA doesn‘t necessarily mean a release is imminent, especially with the sudden news of an upcoming V5 hotfix within the next couple of weeks. I could totally understand if they postpone the release and wait for it.

• Like 6

Nathan Stringer

My guess is Monday. But who knows. Not us 

Navaneeth Gireesh
4 hours ago, Eamonn Jawhary said:

Fingers crossed we will fly the a320 in v5 today

I hope your words turn true :)

Eamonn Jawhary
28 minutes ago, Navaneeth Gireesh said:

I hope your words turn true :)

Feeling confident. Just got a feeling

• Like 1

Eric Fisher
4 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Impressions and believes are fine, we all have those, but that really doesn‘t mean much, that‘s why I asked for a statement from the devs. As I said before, the first streams of BB with the new ATSU system back then came weeks before release. Dropping the NDA doesn‘t necessarily mean a release is imminent, especially with the sudden news of an upcoming V5 hotfix within the next couple of weeks. I could totally understand if they postpone the release and wait for it.

IMO, they likely found out late in the game about HF2 coming in a couple of weeks. It's been a couple of pages now we have been talking about HF2 and Andrew Wilson has since commented on another issue but did not address the HF2 question. That, to me, says they don't want to stir up any outcry from the forum and thus will choose to remain quiet knowing they are going to now wait. Again, IMO, with LM likely releasing say somewhere around June 9th or so, I would say no sooner than June 15th. Those of us remaining on v4.5 are the ones really screwed on this deal.

Lukas Leccese
12 minutes ago, Eric Fisher said:

Those of us remaining on v4.5 are the ones really screwed on this deal.

And why is that so? The Airbus works great in 4.5.

• Like 1

Marvin Toepfer
6 minutes ago, Eric Fisher said:

Those of us remaining on v4.5 are the ones really screwed on this deal.

Nobody is screwed. The FSLabs is still fully flyable in v4.5 and will also get the update. 
We are not talking about an update to make it flyable or to fix crazy bugs. And why aren't we do it? Because FSLabs has a great Developer and dedicated beta team who breaks the Airbus so often, that bugs are already ironed out and they release fully working updates. It takes time but they do it to bring us a stable version like they always did. 

• Like 1

Danny Moore

Yes it works great for on 4.5 but it also means that 4.5 users will also have to wait for v5 to be patched before 4.5 users can also enjoy the next update. I’m sure FSLabs isn’t just going to release separate installers on separate dates. For now if your still using 4.5, enjoy and take the Labs for a flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lukas Leccese

Right, I see what you mean. 

Eric Fisher
25 minutes ago, Lukas Leccese said:

I'm looking forward to the improvements in the update.

Robert Sutherland
53 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

...but it also means that 4.5 users will also have to wait for v5 to be patched before 4.5 users can also enjoy the next update.

No one knows this for certain. FSLabs haven’t said so, it’s purely an assumption. 

James Walker

Wow, so much speculation and drama here. Why is using 4.5 for the time being in its current state such a big issue? It's not bug-laiden that I can find and it isn't missing features...

• Like 2

David Norfolk

Honestly 4.5 users are brilliant. Theres nothing wrong with your current builds. You just want the new stuff because you ain't willing to wait 

• Like 2

Danny Moore
13 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

No one knows this for certain. FSLabs haven’t said so, it’s purely an assumption. 

1/4 of the 1500+ replies in this topic are assumptions. Are you going to correct everyone who makes one? Seems to be the trend lately. It's always like this every update and it's not going to change. In the end it will be who guessed correctly. And if someone has gotten out of control with there assumptions, FSLabs mods have always been good about calling them out. As I stated I'm still on 4.5 and loving it. 

Robert Sutherland
6 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

1/4 of the 1500+ replies in this topic are assumptions. Are you going to correct everyone who makes one? Seems to be the trend lately. It's always like this every update and it's not going to change. In the end it will be who guessed correctly. And if someone has gotten out of control with there assumptions, FSLabs mods have always been good about calling them out. As I stated I'm still on 4.5 and loving it. 

I will if it leads to annoyance being directed at FSLabs for something they haven’t actually said.

As it stands, we know the NDA has been lifted and that, per Andrew Wilson, they’re dealing with release candidates. 

Speculation is fine but there’s a sense of frustration from some corners about this apparent delay because of a hotfix, when we have no idea whether it’s delayed at all. It always takes FSLabs time to release updates, in part because of the complexity of their product.

In these circumstances, I have no issue with clarifying that FSLabs haven’t said anything about the hotfix. 

• Like 1

Antti Salo
1 minute ago, James Walker said:

Wow, so much speculation and drama here. Why is using 4.5 for the time being in its current state such a big issue? It's not bug-laiden that I can find and it isn't missing features...

Spot on. I really can’t understand the rush people have had to move into v5. New is always fascinating yeah, but it is essentially a beta version and overall I think the improvements from v4.5 are quite a dissappointment.

My 4.5 works nicely enough, so I am happy to stick to that until everything including addons is stable in v5. And to be honest, the only reason I eventually plan to upgrade is the alleged performance improvement. 10-15fps with FSL at the likes of AMS, FRA and LHR just isn’t doing it.

• Like 1

Marvin Toepfer
9 minutes ago, Antti Salo said:

Spot on. I really can’t understand the rush people have had to move into v5. New is always fascinating yeah, but it is essentially a beta version and overall I think the improvements from v4.5 are quite a dissappointment.

My 4.5 works nicely enough, so I am happy to stick to that until everything including addons is stable in v5. And to be honest, the only reason I eventually plan to upgrade is the alleged performance improvement. 10-15fps with FSL at the likes of AMS, FRA and LHR just isn’t doing it.

Well, I am also one of those who "rushed" to V5. I personally like the new sim, of course it needs a second HF to work properly. It simply gave me time to set the sim up, ready to just install the Bus when it's out and to enjoy the new features.
Of course, there is no reason to uninstall the whole v4.5. Thats a thing I cannot understand, it was clear that Developers need time to bring their products in v5.

• Like 1

James Walker

I agree, 4.5 works great and is nice and stable, no need to uninstall. I have both installed and am content to wait for the new version.

This thread started out light-hearted but has now become a joke and an embarrassment to the community.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

Danny Moore

Just received an email showing United Airlines pack for the A319-X and A320-X was updated to Version 2.0 for P3D v5.

Things are moving along behind the scenes. Back to flying the A320 in 4.5 :)

David Norfolk

Inb4 a release in an hour (no its not a hint before you all look into it)

• Haha 2

Alexander Luzajic
3 hours ago, Lukas Leccese said:

In my case I have 9 FPS on V4.5....no clue why......and smooth V5...go figure.

And firing on all 8 Cylynder.......

cpu v4.5.JPG

Alex Maidment
26 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Inb4 a release in an hour (no its not a hint before you all look into it)

God damn it, in the middle of BA longhaul :( 

Erik Schlijper

Just a quick brain fart of mine. Could it be possible that the new update's for P3Dv4.5HF3 will be released before the v5 updates? As v5 is due to get HF2 in a week time or so :huh:

David Norfolk
4 minutes ago, Erik Schlijper said:

Just a quick brain fart of mine. Could it be possible that the new update's for P3Dv4.5HF3 will be released before the v5 updates? As v5 is due to get HF2 in a week time or so :huh:

No

Erik Schlijper

Well, it was worth the thinking xD

Hamza Essaadi
22 minutes ago, Erik Schlijper said:

A week time? The post literally said a couple of weeks

Erik Schlijper
Just now, Hamza Essaadi said:

A week time? The post literally said a couple of weeks

"A week time or so" ;)

Alex Pugh

I think FSL should wait until 5.1 drops in October to release their update.

lol

• Haha 7

Alexander Luzajic

I wasn't far when I said...XMAS....

• Haha 1

Edwin Mayer
1 minute ago, Alex Pugh said:

lol

why not wait a few days more and release it with MSFS ;-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Patrick Hildebrand

Guys we want an update. So start the hype and dont say FSL to wait for any HFxxxxxxx Million :D

• Like 1

A_ndré_F_olkers

:D

Lefteris Kalamaras
1 hour ago, Alex Pugh said:

OK. That's fair. We'll do that :).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18
  • Sad 1

Edwin Mayer
Just now, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

you have a very cruel sense of humour, sir!

Robin Locher

Lefteris does not make jokes :D

Edwin Mayer
Just now, Robin Locher said:

Lefteris do not make jokes :D

don't scare me! :unsure:

Marc Stanford

Lefteris is stalking this thread again.

If you can hear me we ordered 9 A321 sharklets, 3 for take-out :D

Alexander Luzajic

1566 postings and 98568 views on this tread...tells them something...hopefully. I definitely can't use 4.5 so I have no other options than to wait....and watch live streams...

Marc Stanford
12 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

You're gonna bankrupt us at this point, most of our A320s have been from the 80s and we need new airframes desperately!

On the other hand can you please find a photo from the testing team that shows the FCU at night with the A320 update? This is one thing I am longing for aside from sharklets is the new cockpit lighting on the buses.

• Like 1

Eamonn Jawhary

I can feel it it's close

Nathan Stringer

Well it’s confirmed October now. See you then 

• Haha 3

Pascal Ad
2 minutes ago, Nathan Stringer said:

Well it’s confirmed October now. See you then 

Isn’t that good news? Cant wait! In the meantime we can enjoy the summer! 

Nathan Stringer
Just now, Pascal Ad said:

Isn’t that good news? Cant wait! In the meantime we can enjoy the summer! 

Yeah we should appreciate we got an official release timeline!

Marc Stanford
1 minute ago, Nathan Stringer said:

Yeah we should appreciate we got an official release timeline!

God pls tell me this is a joke and they won't wait to release the update then. If that's the case my summer is ruined :(