David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

Edwin Mayer

i'd already be happy if they give us one of the unfinnished released candidates as open-beta till they polish the final release, so we on v5 can finally fly the beloved bus again....

Nathan Stringer
4 minutes ago, Edwin Mayer said:

i'd already be happy if they give us one of the unfinnished released candidates as open-beta till they polish the final release, so we on v5 can finally fly the beloved bus again....

who wouldn't be. But ain't gonna happen.

John Barnes
1 hour ago, Edwin Mayer said:

Trying to do us out of a job?

It is being tested by the testing team.

• Like 1

Edwin Mayer
13 minutes ago, John Barnes said:

Trying to do us out of a job?

It is being tested by the testing team.

Dont worry. Noone wants or can replace you guys.

But giving access through open beta would make a lot of loyal, paying customers very happy ;-)

David Norfolk
5 minutes ago, Edwin Mayer said:

But giving access through open beta would make a lot of loyal, paying customers very happy ;-)

Will it though??? I mean, look at things now they call open beta. Some people have done nothing but moan

• Like 3

Robert Sutherland

P3D v5 is basically an open beta and I'm not entirely happy with being an unofficial member of the testing team! :D 

Also, definitely didn't think @Alexander Luzajic and I were arguing! We just have firm views. No issue with that :) 

Andrew Wilson

We've got no interest in open beta builds. I can't see how they would work with something as complex as the A320-X. Too many false positives.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

James Walker

Does this mean there will be no A320 release for P3Dv5 for the foreseeable future? @Andrew Wilson

Stu Antonio
17 minutes ago, Edwin Mayer said:

But giving access through open beta would make a lot of loyal, paying customers very happy

I respectfully disagree. Me personally, with the limited sim-time I can carve out of family life I'd rather have a fully tested, stable version that will give me a great experience than unexpected CTDs and bugs, that I then also have to analyse and report. That's what beta testers are for.  

• Like 2

Andrew Wilson
Just now, James Walker said:

Does this mean there will be no A320 release for P3Dv4 for the foreseeable future? @Andrew Wilson

I'm not sure I understand your question James - the next update is for P3Dv4 and P3Dv5.

Stu Antonio
1 minute ago, James Walker said:

Does this mean there will be no A320 release for P3Dv5 for the foreseeable future? @Andrew Wilson

I think it just means they won't do an open beta program. ;)

James Walker

@Andrew Wilson Sorry Andrew, I just re-read up the thread and realise you meant you are not interested in beta builds of FSlabs productsz I thought initially you were referring to the poster above who said V5 is an open beta!

Lukas Leccese

Seems like the FSL update will have to wait a bit. ;)

BB1BF736-4A80-43B0-AA39-546C0287BBA3.jpeg

Koen Meier

tbh you only get the a320 first so waiting would be better so you get the other types out.

Eamonn Jawhary

i dont think they are waiting for the P3D TBH. probably just squashing a few last min busg

Marvin Toepfer
25 minutes ago, Lukas Leccese said:

Seems like the FSL update will have to wait a bit. ;)

BB1BF736-4A80-43B0-AA39-546C0287BBA3.jpeg

<_<

Hamza Essaadi

I would find it quite odd if they are waiting for this fix. This hotfix says a couple of weeks which could be a month atleast... Looks like we won't be seeing the sharklets untill August lol 

• Like 1

Patrick Hildebrand

I don't think they are waiting for the HF2. If it is so we can expect SL at the end of 2020..

Danny Moore
Seems like the FSL update will have to wait a bit. 
BB1BF736-4A80-43B0-AA39-546C0287BBA3.thumb.jpeg.6597ec586b61d73febe9d3c5c9e6b24c.jpeg

Was already mentioned a few post up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Lukas Leccese

Indeed, must have missed that.

David Norfolk

Good lord, some of your guessing proves to me you would not be good at betting lmao

• Haha 1

Alexander Luzajic

Two weeks..? well...I give up....

• Like 1

Eamonn Jawhary

Marc Stanford
50 minutes ago, Alexander Luzajic said:

Two weeks..? well...I give up....

Well I'm not giving up on the bus, will keep flying my old A321 with the original 90s cabin until FSL delivers the new airframes to us.

May have to lease them for now until we can pay cash to own like the old A321s.

Eamonn Jawhary

I think it will come today or tomorrow. I just have the feeling they are working like crazy trying to squash as many bugs as possible to try and release before the weekend.

San Lin
4 minutes ago, Eamonn Jawhary said:

Just watching the LIVE and image I am flying.

Joshua Williams
6 hours ago, Edwin Mayer said:

That sir will never happen. This isnt Captainsim or Blackbox simulations. We get what we pay for. A high fidelity add on.

• Like 4

Steven Silva

I mean that FSL will give the option to choose between old and new cockpits or everything will be replaced

Marc Stanford
7 minutes ago, Joshua Williams said:

That sir will never happen. This isnt Captainsim or Blackbox simulations. We get what we pay for. A high fidelity add on.

Agreed, probably should stop watching flight reviews (Spirit & Delta) videos on YouTube since they are almost all sharklets now it could possibly ease the waiting a bit.

Alexander Luzajic
2 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

Well I'm not giving up on the bus, will keep flying my old A321 with the original 90s cabin until FSL delivers the new airframes to us.

May have to lease them for now until we can pay cash to own like the old A321s.

I wouldn't..but for some strange reason my V4.5 is not working properly...stutters and FPS are down to drain...and have no intention or nerves to start re-fixing. Something happened in the process of setting up V5 to my liking...not sure what I could do to make it that way considering that is supposed to be separate SIM one way or another. I basically achieved smooth and fluid V5 thinking that this saga will be over in a week or so but I was wrong again....at this moment I have to wait for V5 release or to fly bush plane..or QW...which I am not crazy about anyway.....:( One day, eh....But on a bright side, finally  it's sunny outside....I'll get my TORO lawn mover and do something useful....:wacko:

• Like 1

Marc Stanford

Leftheris is our dry lease for our A321 registration N4467J up?

David Norfolk
12 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Leftheris is our dry lease for our A321 registration N4467J up?

Who's Leftheris?

• Haha 1

Pascal Ad
4 hours ago, Steven Silva said:

I mean that FSL will give the option to choose between old and new cockpits or everything will be replaced

EIS2 will remain as it would not be easy to include EIS1 as an option. The avionics and systems are completely different in EIS1.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Marc Stanford
48 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Who's Leftheris?

I meant Lefteris Kalamaras, his company leased some A319s and A321s to us last year and we would like to pay cash to own them. We plan on selling some of our antique 707s from the 1960s to cover a order for 9 new A321 sharklets sometime this summer.

Danny Moore
22 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

I meant Lefteris Kalamaras, his company leased some A319s and A321s to us last year and we would like to pay cash to own them. We plan on selling some of our antique 707s from the 1960s to cover a order for 9 new A321 sharklets sometime this summer.

Were did you get the 707's from? Delta was a big DC-8 user back in the 60's and didn't own any 707's. 

Marc Stanford
12 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

Were did you get the 707's from? Delta was a big DC-8 user back in the 60's and didn't own any 707's. 

It's from a private airline that I made.

We mostly fly A320s, 737s, a few classic 747s but mostly narrow body airframes. I modeled it after my university flight team.

Marc Fuolega
1 hour ago, David Norfolk said:

Who's Leftheris?

Mirror universe Lefteris with a goatee. Does nobody watch Star Trek?

Wait... our Lefteris has a goatee. So that means we've got the evil version. :o

Marc Stanford
1 minute ago, Marc Fuolega said:

Mirror universe Lefteris with a goatee. Does nobody watch Star Trek?

Wait... our Lefteris has a goatee. So that means we've got the evil version. :o

Now THAT explains why the update wasn't released recently. Lefteris you have to fight him! It's one of your destinies to release the updates, sharklets, and maybe add a A330 to that too :D

• Like 1

Felipe Widmano
1 hour ago, Pascal Ad said:

... completely different in EIS1.

That statement is a stretch, to put it lightly...

And to put it less lightly, that statement is a gross exaggeration ;)

Marc Stanford
9 minutes ago, Felipe Widmano said:

Your signature makes me lel.

Pascal Ad
13 minutes ago, Felipe Widmano said:

Not really. There is a lot of going on in the background (wirings, logics, computers) - not just the look of the DUs.

• Like 4

Marvin Toepfer
1 hour ago, Pascal Ad said:

Not really. There is a lot of going on in the background (wirings, logics, computers) - not just the look of the DUs.

and thats why there will be no open beta ;)

Eamonn Jawhary

Fingers crossed we will fly the a320 in v5 today

Stu Antonio

I‘m usually totally fine with FSL not giving out any dates or exact timeframes, but I have to admit that at this point I would kinda appreciate a hint from the devs wether they will wait for HF2 or if it has no influence in current release plans.. . 

• Like 9

Eamonn Jawhary

3 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

I‘m usually totally fine with FSL not giving out any dates or exact timeframes, but I have to admit that at this point I would kinda appreciate a hint from the devs wether they will wait for HF2 or if it has no influence in current release plans.. . 

from watching streamers i get the  impression they are not waiting for any HF. I believe they are squashing last minute bugs