Jump to content
David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

Recommended Posts

Alexander Luzajic

Looks like we can only watch stream......:angry:...at least something...

Share this post


Link to post
Mark Roberts

I can only watch so much stream

Share this post


Link to post
Nathan Stringer

a027d74b8a09c9015ac8e0e092cea1d4.pngW

Welcome to the club.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Mark Roberts

He is stalking us now :P

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk

If or when a HF2 drops then come back here...untill then you're all wasting your time:P

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
6 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

If or when a HF2 drops then come back here...untill then you're all wasting your time:P

Also have a look at the pc you are using and think do you have enough?

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk
Just now, Koen Meier said:

Also have a look at the pc you are using and think do you have enough?

Yeah i do

Share this post


Link to post
Mark Roberts
1 minute ago, Koen Meier said:

Also have a look at the pc you are using and think do you have enough?

I know I sure do. I cant wait til the 3000 series drops for GPU though, Also I wonder how much they laugh when they read thru our posts at the end of the day.

Also tempted to grab a 10900k if they ever come back in stock.

Share this post


Link to post
Mark Roberts
1 minute ago, Ramon De Valencia said:

Well the next hotfix will be launched in the next couple of weeks:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=219259#p219259

We will probably see the FSLABS before then if thats the case. I don't think they will make us wait that long.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Rob Bates

A couple more weeks of learning the MaddogX then. Could be worse!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk
21 minutes ago, Mark Roberts said:

We will probably see the FSLABS before then if thats the case. I don't think they will make us wait that long.

Weren't you saying like 2 hours ago it might be a couple more weeks? :blink:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Mark Roberts
7 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Weren't you saying like 2 hours ago it might be a couple more weeks? :blink:

I assumed the hotfix was closer than was mentioned by Rob so I assumed another hotfix then more testing after that.

I dont know what to think anymore. There are so many different factors FSLABS might not even know.

There are so many different ideas etc. However I will just wait and check back when Lefteris posts a new announcement. 

Share this post


Link to post
Patrick Hildebrand

Today won‘t be the day..

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford

Well if the plan is to release the update after the hotfix if it's a few weeks out then maybe FSL should release it before then so they don't keep us waiting too long. 

If not then it's back to the MD-80 except it's dead without the sound pack from Immersive Audio!

Share this post


Link to post
Danny Moore
18 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Well if the plan is to release the update after the hotfix if it's a few weeks out then maybe FSL should release it before then so they don't keep us waiting too long. 

If not then it's back to the MD-80 except it's dead without the sound pack from Immersive Audio!

The Turbine Sound Studios MD-8X sound package is great. Unless you are one of those who uninstalled P3Dv4.5 than what is stopping you from flying the labs currently? I remember you couldn't wait for the A321 to drop from all your postings and now that it is out don't fly it? You make it sound like anytime FSLabs mentions a new update than your unable to fly the current release.  So did you just blow away your 4.5 install?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Eric Fisher

For those of us staying with v4.5, this rubs a little raw if we are going to have to wait for v5 HF2. The LM dev said a couple of weeks which does not necessarily equate to 2 specifically. The term "a couple of", at least in America, can mean 2 to 4 weeks generally. Then FSL will have to look at what HF2 is about, build a RC, send to beta team for bug check, etc... Could very well be a month or more away if they are holding for this HF2.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Mark Roberts
Just now, Eric Fisher said:

For those of us staying with v4.5, this rubs a little raw if we are going to have to wait for v5 HF2. The LM dev said a couple of weeks which does not necessarily equate to 2 specifically. The term "a couple of", at least in America, can mean 2 to 4 weeks generally. Then FSL will have to look at what HF2 is about, build a RC, send to beta team for bug check, etc... Could very well be a month or more away if they are holding for this HF2.

They may decide to release the 4.5 updates separate if that is the case. I doubt they would life the NDA etc if they werent close to a release on both platforms but who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Robert Sutherland
1 minute ago, Eric Fisher said:

For those of us staying with v4.5, this rubs a little raw if we are going to have to wait for v5 HF2. The LM dev said a couple of weeks which does not necessarily equate to 2 specifically. The term "a couple of", at least in America, can mean 2 to 4 weeks generally. Then FSL will have to look at what HF2 is about, build a RC, send to beta team for bug check, etc... Could very well be a month or more away if they are holding for this HF2.

There haven’t been any official announcements about waiting for a hotfix. It’s all supposition by people speculating about a potential delay, despite no actual announcements about release dates in the first place.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Mark Roberts

Luckily people arent going as crazy compared to when V4 dropped a few years back.

That was a long wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Ramon De Valencia
7 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

Well that means us 4.5 users will also have to wait. At least I can fly the current release :) 

Well, I still have my v4.5hf3 only for the FSL buses, but trust me it feels like flying fs9 for me.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
John Tavendale
10 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

There haven’t been any official announcements about waiting for a hotfix. It’s all supposition by people speculating about a potential delay, despite no actual announcements about release dates in the first place.

But it makes sense to wait.. because then a new build, test, upload has to be done again.. otherwise we start see the whole 'when will it be released for HF2' questions come up 2 mins after release.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Alexander Luzajic

Make sense...LOL.....Sure...I can Imagine how is going to look with V6 HF15....in about 4 years...:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Danny Moore
4 minutes ago, Ramon De Valencia said:

Well, I still have my v4.5hf3 only for the FSL buses, but trust me it feels like flying fs9 for me.

P3Dv4.5 still looks and feels great. How quickly many have abandon it. Nice thing is all the current add-ons work. Nice to be able to fly while we wait for P3Dv5.1. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Robert Sutherland
1 minute ago, John Tavendale said:

But it makes sense to wait.. because then a new build, test, upload has to be done again.. otherwise we start see the whole 'when will it be released for HF2' questions come up 2 mins after release.

Oh I understand that. But we don’t know unless a member of the FSLabs team clarifies it.

At the moment we’re seeing people get upset when there isn’t any clarity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Mark Roberts
1 minute ago, Robert Sutherland said:

Oh I understand that. But we don’t know unless a member of the FSLabs team clarifies it.

At the moment we’re seeing people get upset when there isn’t any clarity. 

Why do they need to clarify. If it needs more work then it does.

Share this post


Link to post
John Tavendale

People get upset regardless. Plus we all know that FSL remain tight lipped. I hope I'm wrong.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Alexander Luzajic
1 minute ago, Robert Sutherland said:

At the moment we’re seeing people get upset when there isn’t any clarity. 

Rightfully so...watching streams we can see that everything works...also V5 works perfectly....(majority)....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Robert Sutherland
2 minutes ago, Alexander Luzajic said:

Rightfully so...watching streams we can see that everything works...also V5 works perfectly....(majority)....

Well, I watched the AirbusFTW stream earlier today and he experienced a significant bug when he pressed the nose wheel steering button, which resulted in lots of stuttering. 
 

Apparently that’s now been fixed but it goes to show that errors still exist and that had they released it sooner, they would have seen a significant number of support requests about it. That’s clearly what they’re trying to avoid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Alexander Luzajic
Just now, Robert Sutherland said:

Well, I watched the AirbusFTW stream earlier today and he experienced a significant bug when he pressed the nose wheel steering button, which resulted in lots of stuttering. 

Really...so? That could occur with or without HF...we don't have a perfect sim....still lot's of issues with 4.5 that haven't been addressed either...

Share this post


Link to post
Robert Sutherland
4 minutes ago, Alexander Luzajic said:

Really...so? That could occur with or without HF...we don't have a perfect sim....still lot's of issues with 4.5 that haven't been addressed either...

How many serious bugs have you experienced with the FSLabs plane? Showstoppers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Mark Roberts

Is it really something to argue over?

Are we excited for the release, Yes!

Will it make it come any sooner, No!

Share this post


Link to post
Robert Sutherland

I’m excited. I don’t want it to be delayed in any way. I’m also just trying to be realistic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Nathan Stringer
7 minutes ago, Mark Roberts said:

Is it really something to argue over?

Are we excited for the release, Yes!

Will it make it come any sooner, No!

yeah if people want to chat around they have full freedom to do so. If people are starting to argue then leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Mark Roberts
3 minutes ago, Nathan Stringer said:

yeah if people want to chat around they have full freedom to do so. If people are starting to argue then leave.

For sure. I dont mind if people argue. Just saying it doesnt need to get crazy

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk

No arguing on my thread pls otherwise I'll have to norman loose...no one wants to see angry norman 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
duartevieira
2 hours ago, Rob Bates said:

A couple more weeks of learning the MaddogX then. Could be worse!

Great aircraft been flying that for the last 2 weeks the detail and depth it’s amazing 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Paolo Basta

Guys PMDG v5 is out MD v5 is out  QW v5 is out and today AS v5 is out ,they have all been released with no HF2 so that means that according to my calculation that the Fsl A32X is not yet ready despite HF2 not being released i think :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
John Tavendale

That and the fact FSL lock it to a particular version of P3D where the others don't. It'd be a sizable amount of work to package installers after an update. :)

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford
1 hour ago, Danny Moore said:

The Turbine Sound Studios MD-8X sound package is great. Unless you are one of those who uninstalled P3Dv4.5 than what is stopping you from flying the labs currently? I remember you couldn't wait for the A321 to drop from all your postings and now that it is out don't fly it? You make it sound like anytime FSLabs mentions a new update than your unable to fly the current release.  So did you just blow away your 4.5 install?

Of course not, The A321-211 is still flying and well! got retrofitted with the new cabin and hopefully Airbus (FSL) will release the new S8 software to our airline soon!

Immersive audio brings mostly cockpit sounds btw, I can use it alongside TSS since this is mostly for engines.

Share this post


Link to post
Eric Fisher
3 hours ago, Mark Roberts said:

Is it really something to argue over?

What argument? I see a discussion. If this is your definition of an argument you need to get out of the house more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Alexander Luzajic
33 minutes ago, Eric Fisher said:

What argument? I see a discussion. If this is your definition of an argument you need to get out of the house more.

Agree.....! Eh.....-_-

Share this post


Link to post
Nathan Stringer

Good morning folks. Is today to be it or no we will see! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Nathan Stringer

Papa Lefteris you will release the bus today. 

Mind trick | Wookieepedia | Fandom

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...